Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emotions have left me Apathetic

:? Forgive, and error in posting left this one double-posted.

Since you asked at the top of this forum what I think, this is my thoughts after reviewing offical data on The Sims 4:

I like having more control over the look of my Sim, but the general look of it and the addition of teen-like behavior has left me flat-lined in the emotion department.

I find offering me the world (The Sims 3) then taking it back (The Sims 4) to be less than exciting as well.

I like having more control over the roof, wall, and window placements. I like being able to adjust the house with a few clicks. These are tools that I have been waiting for. However, the idea of not having a CasT or CaW has left me walking away. In The Sims 3, I have created my own world, my own lots, built and decorated my own homes, populated said locations with my own Sims, then created my own stories. I am not willing to settle for anything less than creative control. I have never been excited over the worlds created by Maxis; however, I have purchased them for the content that can be used in creating my own world.

Currently, I am not interested in what you are offering in The Sims 4 as a whole. I am still playing The Sims 3. I will be watch EA/Maxis for a time to see what is actually produced. With smaller worlds, goofy actions, and emotions leading the way, It will take a lot to convince me to move "forward" with you on this one. :)

Comments

• foluke11foluke11 Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2014
    Um...I had a response.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:
    Um...I had a response.

what happen with your post? I did read it. As I stated in my post, I will keep playing The Sims 3 for now.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have never understood why anyone feels they have to move on and never play their other games. I keep all my Sims games, would never dream of giving them away or selling them. I play all the different type of Sims' games I own. They are not the only games I play, but they are the longest in a series I play.

It's not either/or for me. I will continue to keep them all and probably play them all just like I do now. I get in different moods, and have different favorites in all types of Sims' games.

If I had a console I would probably try the console version of Sims' games, too. I'm not crazy about just The Sims, but I have never seen it as I had to give up something to try something new. OR have to uninstall something to install something new. But that's just me. I may not like it beyond the base game, but that doesn't mean I have to stop playing any of the games I already have. It's just weird to me when some think they have to trash and old game to play the new one. :?

ETA: Heck I still play the early versions of many games and won't turn them lose in those genres either, because I do get in different moods and like things in all the games I play. But that doesn't mean I can't try their new versions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    Um...I had a response.

what happen with your post? I did read it. As I stated in my post, I will keep playing The Sims 3 for now.

Lol I thought you were deleting this post. :lol:
    edited June 2014
    But like I said before. If you're unhappy with what you see and feel that sims 3 is the right game for you, then that is understandable.
    I also agree with Cinebar. I know I'm going to buy the game because I bought and used to play all of the old games (until my computer broke down). Right now, I only have sims 3 but I'm working on getting my old games back. I play each game for different reasons. Sometimes you just get nostalgia.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I have never understood why anyone feels they have to move on and never play their other games. I keep all my Sims games, would never dream of giving them away or selling them. I play all the different type of Sims' games I own. They are not the only games I play, but they are the longest in a series I play.

It's not either/or for me. I will continue to keep them all and probably play them all just like I do now. I get in different moods, and have different favorites in all types of Sims' games.

If I had a console I would probably try the console version of Sims' games, too. I'm not crazy about just The Sims, but I have never seen it as I had to give up something to try something new. OR have to uninstall something to install something new. But that's just me. I may not like it beyond the base game, but that doesn't mean I have to stop playing any of the games I already have. It's just weird to me when some think they have to trash and old game to play the new one. :?

ETA: Heck I still play the early versions of many games and won't turn them lose in those genres either, because I do get in different moods and like things in all the games I play. But that doesn't mean I can't try their new versions.

I have sims 1, sims 2, sims 3 (including all EP's for all, and most SP's, and lots of store stuff and cc!)And sims Medieval all installed happily on this computer :D . And I own Castaways, may reinstall sometime.

I've never sold my sims games either, and in fact bought sims 1 complete collection used for $40, in addition to the old base game and each EP I already had.

I just wish now I had kept ALL the sims 2 Boxes the discs came in. I still have all the discs but unfortunately threw out half the cases for some reason. Oh well, retrospect!

SO- when sims 4 comes along (fingers crossed the computer holds up for awhile!) I will have sims 1, 2,3, 4 all installed :wink: .

OH and I also have sims 3 for XBox 360! I haven't played it in years, but remember it as fun. Just too many games and too little time.
    edited June 2014
    The Sims has been removed from my PC. The Sims 2 is only on older PC that is in another room. However, I do have a backup copy of the user files in my databank. I thought I might play it, but everything I wanted there, was also on The Sims 3. I play some older games as well. (I have a full run on Final Fantasy that I still enjoy).

To be clear: My decision to not purchase The Sims 4 at this time, has nothing to do with my desire to continue playing The Sims 3. I am meaning that I will keep playing The Sims because I enjoy it; I will not play The Sims 4 at this time because there is not enough there that interests me. (The cons outwiegh the pros)

:P (This thing is a little quirky this day.)
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:

I like having more control over the look of my Sim, but the general look of it and the addition of teen-like behavior has left me flat-lined in the emotion department.

I agree , I am totally turned off by the seeming move toward "teen like behavoir". I'm an adult so are A Lot of long time simmers. I dislike sims becoming a more child like silly game.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against humour.
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have sims 1, sims 2, sims 3 (including all EP's for all, and most SP's, and lots of store stuff and cc!)And sims Medieval all installed happily on this computer :D . And I own Castaways, may reinstall sometime.

I have Medieval as well. tbere was an expansion for that game, which i also purchased. It was something different to play for certain.
  • raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll admit the sims in TS4 are a little too... animated. Hopefully they will tone it down a little before release.
    edited June 2014
    raybigbear wrote:
    I'll admit the sims in TS4 are a little too... animated. Hopefully they will tone it down a little before release.

That is the reason I intend to keep a watch on The Sims 4, it might look better when it is completely done.