The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drinks! With meals!

So drinking with meals have been confirmed several times. I'll slowly add to this thread but I feel no one is talking about it much. It's such a nice feature, one of my favourites I think.

So...what does everyone think? What drinks would you like?

[Side note: Pictures are not by me]

ussaurf.jpg

Pancake Bob and his "lovely" companion (unsure at relationship status here). You can see that there are cups of coffee beside the pancakes.

UPDATE!

9592022323_d7cfd982e4.jpg

Not with meals here, but you can see sims holding cups of drinks. Do you reckon they are alcoholic?
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2014
    You can see it in action in the Stories trailer at the 0.12 sec mark.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    edited June 2014
    choclate milk (or milk)
    tea
    Coffee is define confirmed
    pop
    OJ
    fruit juices (not same as the below juice-kid's stuff)
    sim 'juice' (aka adult stuff)

ice tea
    hot chocolate

6adMCGP.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited June 2014
    I want them to also be able to toast at tables like they could in ts2.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014
    Molie86 wrote:
    You can see it in action in the Stories trailer at the 0.12 sec mark.

That's awesome! So it is confirmed that sims can drink at the table!

[Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzE8hLQXLo]
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    I want usable champagne bottles.

MY ALCHOHOLIC SIMS NEED THOSE!
    edited June 2014

:lol:

Maybe they won't beat around the bush (so to speak) and actually call it alcohol or buzz or something.

And with drinks do you reckon we will get the mixology skill back? Or is this expansion stuff?
    edited June 2014

Maybe they won't beat around the bush (so to speak) and actually call it alcohol or buzz or something.

And with drinks do you reckon we will get the mixology skill back? Or is this expansion stuff?

Wasn't Babs bartending or something in that one trailer?
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014

mixology is in the confirmed skill list on the sims 4 fact sheet over at simsvip
    WznfzGr.gif
    edited June 2014

mixology is in the confirmed skill list on the sims 4 fact sheet over at simsvip

cool!
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like this feature !
    I've often wished my Sims could have something to drink with their meals, not have to choose either food or a drink.
    Sometimes I will use a cheat to make their hunger go down a little after a meal then make them get something to drink.

Drinks I'd like

nectar
    milk
    OJ
    Fruit juices like apple, grape
    tea
    chocolate milk
    cappuccinos
    lemonade
    iced tea

• raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks like Bob might need a little "juice" in his coffee :lol:
  • xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lemonade
    Iced Tea
    Milk
    Smoothies
    Water
    edited June 2014
    On the second picture it looks like alcohol to me but they'll probebly call it juice like they did in ts3.

edited June 2014
    raybigbear wrote:

I'd like to see coffee (which I have :)), tea (good ol' English stuff!), juice for kids and alcohol assorted cocktails for adults. Perhaps the teens can sneak alcohol from their parents' cabinet and get caught by the police? Would be funny!
    edited June 2014
    raybigbear wrote:

I'd like to see coffee (which I have :)), tea (good ol' English stuff!), juice for kids and alcohol assorted cocktails for adults. Perhaps the teens can sneak alcohol from their parents' cabinet and get caught by the police? Would be funny!

It looks like the females standing are drinking cocktails.

This brings me to another point. I hope when we get hottubs our sims can drink cocktails in the hottub like they did in TS3. I loved that interaction. They'd take them to the hottub and sip on them while they were in it.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I know this thread is ancient, but can we have drinks with meals in Sims 4? I don't see the option.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I know this thread is ancient, but can we have drinks with meals in Sims 4? I don't see the option.
    Yes, either you get the drink first and then have them eat, or the other way around works too, and they will eat and drink at the same time. :smile:
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Goodywood wrote: »

Put a drink in their inventory and when they are eating click it and order your sims to drink. They will eat and at the same time drink :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Thank you Aine and Sigzy05. I'll try this. <3

For some reason my Sim is always hungry. It's really annoying. She is level 3 cooking skill.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My sim got a glass of milk and went and sat on the toilet.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My sim got a glass of milk and went and sat on the toilet.

I've seen that before. :D
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    You could just have the sim make the meal "Grab a Serving" and then right after grab a serving go to the fridge or bar, click "Quick meal" or make a drink and the sim will eat and drink. i wish there were more options, like apple juice, or soda, or water.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    You could just have the sim make the meal "Grab a Serving" and then right after grab a serving go to the fridge or bar, click "Quick meal" or make a drink and the sim will eat and drink. i wish there were more options, like apple juice, or soda, or water.

That'd be nice to have different beverages. (I'm getting so thirsty talking about this lol.)

I just let her (right now) have coffee with her breakfast. She put on a pot and left it and started cooking scrambled eggs with toast and bacon. By time she was done cooking, the coffee was done. Watching her drink made me want some coffee. LOL

I do have another question: When their cooking skill increase does that help them stay full longer? I really hate having my sim cook 3 times a day. takes up so much time and takes forever to eat (and she is single no one else at the table eating but her and she takes forever).
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hi! My sims usually eat a couple of times a day and it is usually full meals. If they bake, the stuff like bread and bagels won't fill them up all the way and they're usually hungry a couple of sim hours later. Don't know why your's is so hungry...sim tapeworm maybe, lol. :D

I love when they drink beverages with their meals, like normal. I have a lot of foodies it seems, so that means they don't get their drinks from the fridge, milk and juice are mostly good quality and that gives them in an uncomfortable emotion...geez.

I will have them make several drinks then store them in the fridge so they can have an excellent juice on the rocks and fruit fizzy drink for breakfast and lunch and then the hard stuff, Ridgeports and wrenches for supper, lol.

I might be spending way too much time with my sims. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    WATER why don't we have water as an option!!
    But i'd like to milkshakes and fruit drinks