Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aMAYzing Homemade Gift Exchange ~ GIFTING NOW OPEN ~ YAY!!!!! : )

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited May 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    What a FANTASTIC Gift Exchange so far!
    The gifts are amazing and the mood is sky high. People are so happy, so thrilled and so bubbly. I love it!
    Thanks to our amazing hosts, tanubanue and ADWilson, for making sure this is smooth, successful sailing. You ladies rawk! <3

And now I am done spamming the thread for a bit. I'm gonna go mailbomb tanu and AD, teeheeeeee! ;).

I just want to repeat everything Dolphine said -- because it's true!!! Everything has been perfect! Thanks so much Addy & Tanu!! I love these gift exchanges ... and everything has been so incredible!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tanu & Ciane thank you very much!! :)

Hope Erja will like it too!! :lol:

Tanu & Addy, u are amazing hosts and exchanges are really fun&amazing too!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for sharing it with us!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited May 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    You're welcome! Thank you for the second link for the cats as well they are so beautiful!

You're welcome, I just had to share. :mrgreen:

And thank you, and Addy for hosting this. It's been a lot of fun. I'm glad I decided to join. This was my first gift exchange! :D<3
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:
    Yyyyyyyaaaay!
    I'm so glad you saw them ^_^ I've been watching you go through the posts 1 by 1 and thinking "she's gonna get to it soon!" and now it's happened :XD: I'm so glad you like them :D You're so welcome! Enjoy your gifts in game :D Your girls can have all of them if they want... OVer and over again :mrgreen:

You can download everything okay, right? :oops: It said you'd get anything you didn't have so I didn't really limit myself store-content-wise *lol* ~YJ~
    I downloaded everything just fine and I am fiddling around with the house ingame now, getting a good look at everything. I love, love, love it. Did I mention that I love it?! :mrgreen:
    I showed it to my best friend and she went "Oh, I wanna ninja that house!". And mind you, she is reeeeally picky, she is not always loving the builds I make ;).

Hehe! As I say, it's good to know I was right in my choices ^_^ Yay for your friend too, nice to know she likes it too :) I love getting the houses in game, like i did with my gift today, and your build :D it's fun to explore something you don't know soemtimes!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rec'd everything up to this point.

Just wanted to take mo to say thank you to Tanu and AD for organising this, setting it up, and keeping it going. It's really impressive and we're so lucky to have you both here on this site! :) I definitely want to join future gift exchanges, can't believe it's taken this long to take part for the first time ;) Thanks! ~YJ~
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited May 2014
    Everyone who has said Thank You to Addy and I for this exchange you are more than welcome! I am so proud of each and every one of you. You all make each other wonderful gifts and then the friendship and Love you share commenting on each others gifts and sharing is just wonderful! It's more than an exchange of gifts that you make it is also a gift of an exchange of a bit of yourselves! I just Love doing these exchanges because of that!
  • Options
    fission63fission63 Posts: 267 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have rec'd everything to here - I think. So many awesome gifts already.

And yes, a big thank you to Addy and Tanu, these gift exchanges really show how many wonderful people are on this site.

And I'd also like to add a special thanks to Rose for all the lovely feedback she gives everyone for everything, I enjoy reading them.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

edit - spelling
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited May 2014
    To Angeliii82 (aka Mary) ... I just love that "aka" thing. :lol: hehe

And I love this gif so I'm using it again here.

Kramer_zps39316816.gif

I made a special thread just for her gifts and you can find it HERE.

Thank you ladies, Tanu and Addy, for hosting this amazing exchange!! I have had the best time learning about someone new. *hugs*
  • Options
    baxter_milobaxter_milo Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited May 2014
    Erja888 wrote:
    baxter_milo this gift is for you.

It's only one gift because I'm very busy at work (I just came home and still have things to do...). However, here's your gift:

Victorian Villa

It contains:
    - four bedrooms (incl. one nursery)
    - a music room (with piano)
    - a kitchen
    - four bathrooms
    - a family room
    - a pool (shaped like Prof. Layton's car) :)
    - a garage with one car and a not yet finished oldtimer (son and dad activity?)

Exchange picture:
    roof_up_original.jpg

Enjoy your gift!

Thank you very much! It is beautiful. I am downloading it and Rec'ing it now! Thank you Thank you Thank you!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2014
    Time to try to grab a little cat nap from all this whirlwind of activity!
    [img]http://hdwallpaper.freehdw.com/0006/animals_widewallpaper_purrfect-cat-nap_59879.jpg "width=350"[/img]

I wish!

My wRECKing boots have certainly walked many a step today and custard has gotten quite the workout too! :lol:

LOVE it!!

Dayshatw
    GREAT colors used in Gemini Manor!
    The roof-line on the Mobile House reminded me of a giant sombrero :lol:
    Nice job on Gabourey and MJ

Skymyst
    The patterns on the three rugs are really lovely!

CelestiAliCat
    Sahara cat is adorable!
    Potter's Cottage is charmingly cute.
    Beachy Keen Modern has clean lines and lovely colors!

fission63
    2 Castaway Cove - The blue & grey exterior go nicely together! Nice interior colors and the layout feels light and airy. GREAT garden!
    45 Paradise Circle - LOVE the splashes of color that make each room pop!
    The End of the Road - Such a nice twist on the average beach house! I can easily see this placed as a vacation house in Al Simhara.
    4 Castaway Cove - LOVE the stone work on the exterior! Hmmm... I am having a really hard time deciding which bedroom I like best :lol:
    6 Castaway Cove - LOVE a yellow house with white trim! Calm colors and plenty of charm throughout this house!

illusie
    What a WONDERFUL Victorian! LOVE the colors, the bridge, the children's rooms... oh, alright... everything!

ciane
    LOVE how you packed a mighty punch in such a small space. Your command of the Simlish language is impressive :lol:

DolphineQ
    Ebony & Ivory makes me think of a lighthouse for some reason. LOVE wraparound porches! Fabulous colors and MOO usage :D
    Andrew is a handsome fellow and Carly is cute!
    "Logged In" is a TERRIFIC starter cabin! LOVE the usage of blue throughout it and the clever way the curtains separate the sleeping area.

Idontrcall
    GREAT family and home! LOVE how you used pictures and show us how their story started. The house is cozy and filled to the brim with charming character. I think the kitchen is my favorite room in this house.

Tanu
    Talon... **wolf whistles** Handsome!
    LOVE his underground lair!
    Izabella is pretty and Max is cute!
    Nice story starter you have given for the three of them

YellowJane
    Six... Single... Men **wolf whistles** Handsome indeed!
    LOVE the colors in Palm Hideaway! Really like the hidden pool area, too. It might have been built in Lucky Palms, but I can easily see this in Sunlit Tides.

Erja888
    Nice looking Victorian! With four bedrooms AND 4 bathrooms, it can easily accommodate a large family or a multi-generational one! LOVE the shape of your pool because Professor Layton is amazing!!

CSIMSIE
    Dragosion Mansion certainly has a grand entrance! The layout seems to be spacious and I believe Sims living here will host some lovely parties!

angeliii82
    LOTS of pretty people with fun background stories and personalities! LOVE how you uploaded them in various ways so that there are plenty of options for different gaming styles!!

brivenes
    This Cabin built with "everything" in mind looks very relaxing with its pond and beautiful surrounding environment!

leep45508
    GREAT pictures - they really bring out the unique personalities of Drew and Zenon! Nice job on this attractive couple!!
    Maybank is gorgeous and I join the others in hoping that the computer imps will get distracted so that it can be uploaded!

duyguugudur
    What a SIMTASTIC Student Home! GREAT idea of making room for those majoring in Art and Music as well as business. Fabulous colors and decor accents in each room.

Alitoni
    Karl Jazbo - That smile... those eyes... that hair (which by-the-way works rather well with him!) is a cutie!
    LOVE the Tricky Gnome consignment shop! It is full of interesting nooks and crannies!!
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited May 2014
    k2bbd27
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    baxter_milobaxter_milo Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited May 2014
    DUYGUUGUDUR

I read through your letter, and discussed with myself what I would like to make for you and I decided, a café would fun. So I present to you the Desert Heat Café. (its probably more of a diner but café sounded better with the name)

Desert Heat Cafe

Screenshot-195_zpscdc49f93.jpg

Screenshot-196_zps7989c6ee.jpg

Screenshot-199_zps58612ead.jpg

Screenshot-200_zps0e22565f.jpg

Screenshot-198_zps9b69aaba.jpg

Screenshot-203_zpsbfd4804c.jpg

Screenshot-201_zps3f3a621d.jpg

Screenshot-202_zps9c94a93d.jpg

(Nevermind the Volkswagen in the pictures. It is not included in the download, that was just my sim testing the lot for routing issues.)

Hope you like it! Enjoy! ♥♥♥
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2014
    jennytru wrote:
    k2bbd27
    This is beautiful. Not only are the pictures and icons great to look at, the Sims and the story are aMAYzingly crafted. I cannot wait to download them! I have to finish my gift before I can reward myself!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ali ~ I love Karl he is really cute and perfect for my...umm.... Angels neighborhood, lol and the Tricky Gnome is also perfect! Love that name!

Jenny ~ I really really like those twins and I will be happy to adopt them!

Brighty ~ I'm so happy to finally get to see what those sneak peeks were! Very cute coffee house love the colors!

Baxter ~ I really like your café! I'm so excited I get some new community lots for my game!!
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited May 2014
    brivenes wrote:
    tkbluebasketball

I had a lot of fun building this for you. :D I had never build a everything house before, so I thought I would give it a try. Some rooms are combined into one. There are secret rooms, and the pond does have fish in it.(There are a couple of rooms I didn't take pictures of like the secret rooms, or the wine cellar) :D

Pinewood Cabin
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8218424
    60x60 lot 4bedrooms
    slideshow: http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/brivenes/slideshow/Pinewood cabin?sort=6

76489bed-340c-4619-b570-e00008198ccf_zps31dbca6a.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpsd1128acc.jpg

Screenshot-20_zpsa57bede6.jpg

OMG! :-o This is amazing :) I love the garden, big baclonies and everything about it! This is amazing for your first build :) And thank you so much! I am such in shock :) Thank you <3 Also I love how it kinda looks similar to my own home :) Maybe play as myself? Ahh thank you :)

Also gifting buddy, Ill try an finish your gift this weekend if my studying will allow it :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tanu - Izabella is lovely, and Max looks so huggable! They're a perfect fit for Talon.

duyguugudur - The Not so Usual Student Home is great! There's a lot of space for all sorts of Sims to pursue their academic endeavors.

Ali - I think Karl certainly fits the bill in the "hot guy" department. ;) The Tricky Gnome is gorgeous! i love all of the little trinkets and bits and bobs!

jennytru - Abe and Amy have a great story behind them!

Baxty - You've really captured a cafe/diner feel!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    Brighty ~ I'm so happy to finally get to see what those sneak peeks were! Very cute coffee house love the colors!
    I enjoyed giving you those tiny little peeks. ;) Thank you! :D
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2014
    jennytru
    The surfing twins are GREAT! Terrific background story for them!!

Brighty
    FABULOUS colors and layout! LOVE seeing the rest of the pictures!!

baxter_milo
    GREAT name for a cafe OR a diner :lol: Plenty of room for Sims to enjoy dining out or perhaps even dancing to the jukebox!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ADWilson wrote:
    Brighty
    FABULOUS colors and layout! LOVE seeing the rest of the pictures!!
    Thank you Addy! :D
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited May 2014
    This is beautiful. Not only are the pictures and icons great to look at, the Sims and the story are aMAYzingly crafted. I cannot wait to download them! I have to finish my gift before I can reward myself!

I'm so happy you like 'em! =) Good luck on finishing your gift! Don't forget to check back tomorrow for your second gift.
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey there buddy Leep :mrgreen:

I made you a house :)

You can find details of it here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/752557.page

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hanne ~ I really like the Leep it's a great house! And using the dive well to get to the hidden magic room is brilliant! I laughed about not being able to get back out ~ and you just thought a witch may have lived there huh? :lol:
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just dropping in before I go to bed to check out all the awesome gifts! :mrgreen: I am midway down page 49 *note to self* Hoping to get my gifts up tomorrow or sometime over the weekend.

Dayshatw: Gemini manor is a lovely home, a lot of space for a family. Ginger is such a doll! The mobile home has a cute festive theme to it, or is that just the snow?
    Gabourey looks a lot like the real deal and Mary Jane's bio had me too giggling :lol:
    Rec'd all.

Skymyst:
    I like the patterns you used on the rugs, Blueberry Bomb is my favorite. I'm sure hannelore will enjoy all the nice store gifts too :mrgreen:
    Rec'd all.

CelestiAlicat:
    Sahara is an adorable kind of cat!*squeal* I love the rustic style of Potters Cottage, it would look perfect in Dragon Valley or Monte Vista. Then there is Beachy Keen Modern, the complete opposite but again very well done - something for every sim here! :mrgreen:
    Rec'd all.

Fission63: 2 Castaway Cove is another must grab! I love the simple color scheme you used on the exterior and interior. The landscaping is really nicely done.
    45 Paradise Circle is totally unique to anything I have seen before and again, I LOVE the color scheme and decor! Will check out the rest of your builds tomorrow.
    Rec'd all so far.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hanne - The Leep is great! I love your hidden magic room! Poor Sim getting stuck. :P