Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wore it better?! ROSIEFLUXX WORE IT BEST!!!

Untitled_zps35cda96a.jpg

Welcome one and all too the first season of Who Wore It Better! This contest is a new kind of difficult, a new kind of challenging, and calls for a new meaning of creativity. This contest is aimed to bring out the creativity in both the designers and the clothing!

Did I mention the twist?...

Season 1 is dedicated too BASE GAME CLOTHING! (Mock Horror Gasp) I know, I know, simply evil! That old plain, fuddled clothing is rarely used thanks to the many new items expansion packs and the store give us, and my goal is too show everyone that with good patterns and a large amount of creativity one item can be worn a thousand ways.

So please feel free to lurk, sponsor, or even drop your name in for a guest judge position!

PLEASE read the posts with banners before asking questions. :) example: Assignments and Rules

PRIZES

Thanks to our lovely sponser we will be gifting up to fourth place!

1st 500sp (gifted via Agnezawars)
2nd 200sp (gifted via Jojo)
3rd 150sp (gifted via wiltessa)
4th 100sp (gifted via blgaudett)
Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele

Comments

• wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    edited June 2014
    100_6049_zpsab49c2a0.jpg

A8 Due June 20th by 11:59 pm est time.

ABSOLUTELY NO EXTENSIONS!

The Double Trouble Basic Style!

The final assignment is here, that means a winner must be chosen! For the final assignment all three designers must create an entire line of Fresh, New, Wowing base game recolors! ALL base content is allowed previous clothing articles used are now allowed but there can be NO copycat recolors, from you or your fellow contestants. Each Contestant must use ALL eight models to make the line, each model in a different recolor but I want all the recolors to breathe in the same light!

It is your last chance make it count! AND SHOW US WHO WORE IT BEST!

Untitled_zpsf290c89f.jpg

ASSIGNMENT ENTRY FORMS

Name of clothing:
    Recolor Link: (if you want it credited)
    Tell us what you did darling! (Why you used certain patterns or colors, what were you going for? Was there something that inspired it? If so why?)
    Photos up to FOUR I would like a photo with the front and back views of the clothing in cas

Designers
    :D turned in.
    mcsnjb :D
    DrewRiveda :D
    RosieFluxx :D
    MizoreYukii
    Ashleykaymay

Past Assignment Results
    A1 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/746574.page#11942380
    A2 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/285/746574.page#11968310
    A3 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/435/746574.page#11990283
    A4 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/510/746574.page#12009790
    A5 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/615/746574.page#12031445
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    contestantsjudgessponsers_zps101d0324.jpgSponsers:
    500sp = Agnezawars
    200sp = Jojo
    150sp = WildTessa
    100sp = blgaudett
    Please everyone fee free to thank or show our thanks to these wonderful sponser they don't have to yet they do!

Agnezawars http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Agnezawars
    Jojo http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Jojo777
    blgaudett http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/blgaudett

Judges:
    Idontrecall
    WildTessa

(Dubkipz please check in and you can be reinstated)
    JUDGES CRITERIA

10 on time
    10 creativity
    10 originality
    10 overall outfit
    10 the WOW factor, (Does it make the judges go: WHY HAVENT I DONE THAT!)
    10 all photos are in
    20 In game photo creativity

Overall score will be out of 80.

Contestants:

Ashleykaymay
    MizoreYukii
    mcsnjb
    DrewRiveda
    RosieFluxx

No Longer Wearing it Best!

ladydarkmoon24
    Marvelissa
    DangerDanger
    Aerlinniel
    Leenie360
    summerfalls
    Mhamilton0911
    Ilusie
    aviamoldavia
    Green_Girly100
    aitkens08
    BlackZanie

edited April 2014
    Rules_zps1a36930e.jpg-No editing the models skin, eyes, body sliders or facial sliders-
    -No Custom Content, Store Content, or Expansion Pack Content-
    -NO DROPPING OUT! :twisted: YOU JOINED RIDE IT OUT-
    -No Bashing, Rude Comments, Negative behavior-
    -Most importantly please have fun-
    edited April 2014
    Untitled_zps22644487.jpg
    >Meet the Models<

Yes men and woman models that means there will be BOTH used in this contest, I will assign the models by gender and number

EXAMPLE: Male3
    Female1

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8133671

edited June 2014
    Winners_zps685f5dc0.jpg

Untitled_zpsb8065317.jpg

Untitled_zpsec27435d.jpg

Untitled_zps4486e333.jpg

Untitled_zpseb18f7fb.jpg

Untitled_zpsb197ff6c.jpg

Untitled_zpsdf05c45b.jpg

Untitled_zpsa24034a3.jpg
    edited April 2014
    ANNNNNNND we are open <3
  • mishmushmishmush Posts: 2,953 New Member
    edited April 2014
    So do we get assigned a model? Or just pick one? And do we need to upload an entry form? Do I have to upload my sims, or just post pictures? Am I asking a lot questions? Why cant I stop? Do I need help? Thanks! :D
  • AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm in the middle of rushing to get a build uploaded tonight but I already have plenty of ideas. :twisted:

Question:

Do we pair to the top with base game only? I"m pretty sure I can do what I'm planning as my top look with that but wanted to check. I'm asking about other clothing items, hair, make up, shoes, etc.

• mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have a few ideas, but I could do with knowing the answers to all of the above questions too. :)

Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    Great
    I downloaded your models and will start the assignment. I do want to make sure which item(s) that we are suppose to be redoing this time.
  • mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just noticed, you have a typo in your assignments banner, you have put assingments. Just thought I would mention in case you hadn't noticed. However, if it is intentional, I love your boldness and originality. You are definitely at the front of fashion and trends lol. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
    edited April 2014
    Is there a certain model we were suppose to use to model from the models that you linked us to?

Just a suggestion here but how about linking each model individual and link us to the model you want used for each assignment.
  • AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    Is it still possible to join this? And, if it is I have the same question as many others, do we get assigned a model?
    edited April 2014
    mishmash no worries! And I edited the assignments post to help answer your questions.

1.you only need to upload your recolor so everyone can download its fabulousness.

2.Models have been assigned, and if your a new sign up and need a model I will assign one as hastily as I can.

3.ONLY BASE GAME CONTENT! I want everyone to see how completely stunning your creativity is, and that includes accessories hair ect. (that and it is slightly harder)

4.I answered this question in the assignments post but I will say again for more clarification! <3 The top is the main focus of the assignment<3

5. I would prefer everyone to download the models together as I plan on everyone using each model at least once. I have some head on head assignments coming up. ;) (It will really be a WHO WORE IT BETTER)

6. Signups are open until the 1st assignment is due! I will assign a model as quickly as I can <3

LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS FOR EVERYONE! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE QUESTIONS <3 LOOKING FORWARD TO ENTRIES LADIES AND GENTS!
    edited April 2014
    Awesome, this is going to be fun!

I do have one major question though: for doing the recolours...how do we know which patterns are base game and which are from expansion packs? To my knowledge the patterns in CAS aren't marked to indicate...
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm totally going to download the models for my own personal gain *cheeky smile* :D

You did a amazing job Tessa!
    edited April 2014
    I have to ask this because I am working on my entry and have to find out to start with if the following are permitted or not.

1. Can we can the hairstyle so that we can put hats on or other hairstyles to go with the outfits?

2. Can we do highlights in the hair?

3. Should we put the shirt then on all the female sims and show how it looks with all of them wearing it?

• aviamoldaviaaviamoldavia Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2014
    downloaded the models! :D
    edited April 2014
    This is a valid point, you are very much correct plus I believe some updates gave new patterns as well. So as far as patterns go ALL PATTERNS are okay with the exception of CC.

You can change the models hair color, and style but you may not altar their body features. To put simply you can change anything that is changeable when you edit their style/looks in a mirror or with the dresser. :)

Thankyou! I couldn't help but play with genetics haha so many cute babies! haha

For the Assignment the only Model that you have to include is the model assigned to you. :)

Thank you everyone for these amazing questions!
  • MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited April 2014
    wildtessa wrote:
    This is a valid point, you are very much correct plus I believe some updates gave new patterns as well. So as far as patterns go ALL PATTERNS are okay with the exception of CC.

You can change the models hair color, and style but you may not altar their body features. To put simply you can change anything that is changeable when you edit their style/looks in a mirror or with the dresser. :)

Thankyou! I couldn't help but play with genetics haha so many cute babies! haha

For the Assignment the only Model that you have to include is the model assigned to you. :)

Thank you everyone for these amazing questions!

I was wondering about the hair color and patch/EP patterns as well, thank you for the clarifications!
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
    edited April 2014
    I am glad it was clarified! <3
    edited April 2014
    Ok, awesome! Thanks for getting back to us quickly. I've finished making my modeling school community lot so now its time to make the recolour for round 1! (Now that I know its safe to use the patterns!)
  • AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm almost done with my look. It's pretty wild. I've still got the Project Runway push the limits feel going on and I'm a bit nervous about it working here. However, I really do love it so I'm going to put it up and risk it all.
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:
    Ok, awesome! Thanks for getting back to us quickly. I've finished making my modeling school community lot so now its time to make the recolour for round 1! (Now that I know its safe to use the patterns!)

Im excited to see your design!!