Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glenkarri's DNA Builds, complete list and links

Comments

• GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited December 2013
    :shock: WOW, Dove is a stunner, might have to have her in my Game. Now to build her a fancy home ..........mutters off with thinking cap on........

thanks for sharing :thumbup:
    edited December 2013
    Cassandra, I completed your build today, Sefton Shallows, so called due to the bubbling Springs found throughout the ponds on this lot. I have kept to a blue/green colour scheme with the occasional spot of brighter colouring. There are 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, but everything is very Medieval, I do hope this will be suitable for you. Things are easily altered if need be. I have placed a lean to/barn in as well with servants quarters on top. Enjoy Vicki :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cassandrastryffecassandrastryffe Posts: 418 Member
    edited December 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    Cassandra, I completed your build today, Sefton Shallows, so called due to the bubbling Springs found throughout the ponds on this lot. I have kept to a blue/green colour scheme with the occasional spot of brighter colouring. There are 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, but everything is very Medeival, I do hope this will be suitable for you. Things are easily altered if need be. I have placed a lean to/barn in as well with servants quarters on top. Enjoy Vicki :mrgreen:

Vicki! I could kiss you! This is truly awesome! I'll go find it now. :) I just got home from the hospital and this is the best surprise ever! Thank you!

EDIT: I just downloaded it. It's amazing. Thank you so much! I was going to take a nap, but I think I'll go in game to play with my wonderful new toy instead. :)
    FREE lvl 65 Star Wars The old Republic Character and a huge bundle of free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/fYdvmz
    edited December 2013
    :D Great to hear Cassandra. Enjoy your new toy, the decor is minimal as I wanted to keep it medieval, but you can touch it up accordingly now. Take care Vicki :mrgreen:
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hey Glen!

Thank you for accepting my build!

I would like to add I recently got Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, University Life, and Island Paradise!
    edited December 2013
    :mrgreen: Thanks artlove1 the more goodies for this lovely home the better. Vicki

ARTLOVE1, I have a message for you, go to Page 1 of this Thread, under Queries for current build thanks Vicki

I have continued to work on the build artlove1, it is a bit different to the original plan but coming along nicely now, all very grand I am almost finished outside, inside will be a big job too, hope you will like it. Vicki
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited December 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    QUERIES REGARDING CURRENT BUILD

Hi artlove1, I started to fiddle with the floor plan of the home last night and I am finding it very difficult to work with as the actual full layout is really not going to fit very well on a 64x64. With the two separate garages at front, The Arched walkway, then the home itself, then the outdoor areas at rear all lined up on one side it just doesn't fit very well. I really love the look of the home myself and will follow most of the outdoor colouring and ideas that can be utilised in The Sims, but I am going to have to do it just a little bit differently to the actual plan. You really don't want the actual home to stretch from one side of a 64x64 to the other as it will make gameplay awful, chasing Sims from one side of the lot to the other. So if you are happy for me to continue, with me making the necessary changes to the floorplan and outside ideas, let me know (It will mainly be sizing and positioning). I also see you want CC. I don't use it at all now so my build would only have what you have in Game. It's a big build, the home will still have everything in it you ask for, that I can put together in Game (Oval offices are not vialbe). So let me know if you want me to go on with the build, thanks Vicki

That is totally fine!!

:)

Thank you! :)
  • ballgownsonlyballgownsonly Posts: 302 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks so much for claiming my request!
    I bookmarked this thread, so contact me here!
    edited January 2014
    :D Lovely to meet you Ballgownsonly. I have made a start with your home using the photo you placed for inspiration on colour and landscaping. It is very simple, are you content with that or do you want more features in the yard. I see you want a play area, no problems, what about a Pool etc. I will do my best inside as you do not have a lot of the Expansion packs that might offer some items that might fit the 50's look. I personally don't have I love the 50's, from the Store, so cannot use it, but you can replace many items later on when the home is done. I will put up an WIP photo for you to see if the idea is right.....this is my first 50's style home, even though that's when I was born..lol

The pic will be on Page 1 of this thread..........
    edited January 2014
    I saw the picture and I love it! I don't really want a pool, though. A small garden would be nice.
    edited January 2014
    Great that you like it so far, so I will continue as is..........Vicki
    edited January 2014
    Thanks so much! the house is absolutely stunning!
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2014
    Beautiful build hon. I literally said "Wow!" when it opened up from downloading. Rec'd and faved it. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
    edited January 2014
    :D Oh I am so pleased it is suitable Ballgownsonly thanks for letting me know.

Hi Blacksheba, Thanks for your visit here. I am glad you too will enjoy Just Reminiscing. :lol:
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited January 2014
    Glenkarri wrote:
    CURRENT BUILD CLAIMED

Username: orkhid22

Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank): none

Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank):

Which EPs and SPs do you have? All EPs except Into the Future; All SPs except Movie

If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Katy Perry

Lot size (dimensions): 40x40

Number of bedrooms: 5

Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? A unisex nursery; 1 bedroom for 2 boys; one bedroom for 2 girls. 1. Guest room with the basics. The master suite can be any color I don’t have a preference.

Number of bathrooms: 3

Favorite color schemes: I have no preference color schemes

Colors you dislike: No pastel colors for this house. What I do not want is the boys room to be primary blue and the girls room to be primary pink. Pink and blue does not define boy and girl. Any other color is fine to use and preferred and encouraged. The designer can pick.

Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes please

Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes

Please list the Store content that can be used: This is a list of what I own and what I THINK might go well with the build. I honestly have no idea what would be appropriate for this build. So if at any time the builder has a question about whether or not I own something please ask because I own a LOT of the store.
    1. India Inspiration- bedroom, dining room, living room
    2. Safari living set
    3. lullabies and nursery set
    4. Drifters Desires
    5. More Magic

Feel free to use anything. If the designer feels he/she has something that would fit great and I don’t own it go ahead and add it. I’ll just purchase it.

Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: I don’t think I own any of these

If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Midnight Hollow

Link to specific house or plan:

Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? Very small spot for a garden. I’ll do the planting. I just want the space mapped out. Otherwise no pool, no hot tub

Additional instructions? This lot will be for a Genie and his family. I’m thinking Arabian however we don’t have a set like that. But I think with a lot of the sets available it’s possible to get quite close especially with the use of vibrant colors. Please feel free to use artistic license.

I just wanted to add:

only one eating place this way all sims eat together. also only one living room. I don't like formal living rooms, family rooms, and a study. just one. Book cases can be placed throughout the house. Also no pet things either. There will be no pets with this family.

I feel like I just won the lottery! thank you thank you thank you for taking on my build. I'm so excited. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I'm available mon-fri and early sat morning otherwise if you don't hear from me on sat/sun it's because I'm at work (darn 12 hour night shifts). I do check the website frequently. Should I look for commends and stuff on my mypage?
    edited January 2014
    :D Hi Orkhid22...lovely to be working with you on this project. I am so glad you are so keen about the build. I think it will be a lot of fun and I see you are quite happy to purchase any extra store items I feel fit the build, that's great. I will now leave any messages and talk about the build on Page 1 of this Thread, under Queries for Current build. So just pop by here on a regular basis and have a look there for my comments.

You had no specific links to a house plan. I am just not clever enough to build a big lamp, lol, so I think something a bit elegant and Mediterranean in style might be the go. I will be building it in Riverview as Midnight Hollow is far too dark for me to build well, but I always check out how the build looks in MH before finishing off, as the colours are so different. I will put up a photo of the home I am working with as inspiration......but please let me know if you have any specific ideas here. Even though the home will be normal from outside, I hope to go very Arabian, Genie's bottle, with the inside and colours, so it will be a different type of interior indeed. I have set the home on a small hill and will landscape it to suit MH, but will leave you an area to set up your garden. Do you want a garage or car space, or will your Genie just fly about??? Look forward to your response Vicki :mrgreen:
    edited January 2014
    Glenkarri wrote:

Hi Orkhid22, Here is the home I am using as inspiration

MediterraneanVillaluxurydesignfloorplan_zps2349900e.jpg

What do you think???

Oh wow that looks nice! and I love that the interior will be Arabian themed. A car space will be fine because the wife is human and will drive.

I am designer, builder, and interior decorator deficient so I don't even know where to start to help you! hehe. it's sad really.
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: Glad you like the look of this home, I have made a start already take care Vicki
    edited January 2014
    Glenkarri wrote:

Do you have any store bought Worlds at all??? Thanks Vicki

all but lunar lakes.

I also have all EPs except ITF

and all SPs except katy perry and the movie one.
    edited January 2014
    Glenkarri wrote:

Thanks Orkhid, that helps heaps as there are some great items in the Worlds I can make use of..

I have moved along on the build and have a rather suitable landscape done now, it leaves only a small corner of the lot for the garden you request. What do you want to do with your garden??? I need to have an idea as I can make a larger area if need be. I have placed the home on a small rise of ground and surrounded it with a waterfall and pond area, some trees etc., For effect it does not face the street, being for a Genie I wanted to be a bit different.... So far I am working in Riverview so the colouring is bright, but when I finish I will see how it all looks in MH for you and make any changes necessary. I will put up a WIP exterior pic for you to see if it is going the way you wish....

Wow you work quick. I don't think I'll have any trees. maybe just a few of the basic plants as a hobby so the space you have carved out is fine.
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Orkhid22. I have altered the roofing a bit to make it more Arabian??? and got into the downstairs area tonight, it is very colourful as befits a Genie Cave......so I will keep the whole as a surprise now, I will start the bedrooms upstairs tomorrow...take care Vicki

All done and uploaded, it was a lot of fun for me Orkhid, thanks for the unusual request :lol:
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Glenkarri,

First thank you so much for accepting my request, and I'm sorry that my response time is so late. But I only just got my computer back from the shop (busted cooling vent) and checked out the thread. Anyway it seems we have a bit of a problem, because it seems you're not the only one to claim my build! When checking the thread I started at the back and saw that my request had been claimed by Calmorezoo (even though the main pages still says my request is unclaimed) so I popped over to her thread and left a message. But out of curiosity I continued checking the other pages just to see what I missed and found you had already claimed my request! I'm really not sure what to do about this, but I made a note on my post to Calmorezoo's thread letting her know there's been a mix up. So maybe you two could talk it out and figure out what to do, because I have no clue.

Sam
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited February 2014
    :D Thanks so much Sam, We are a very happy, friendly and close Team and this mix up does not happen often and will cause no problems at all. I will be building this one for you, you mention some photos of what you might want. Can you post the links here for me and I will start asap. Thanks Vicki :mrgreen:
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2014
    Glenkarri wrote:
    :D Thanks so much Sam, We are a very happy, friendly and close Team and this mix up does not happen often and will cause no problems at all. I will be building this one for you, you mention some photos of what you might want. Can you post the links here for me and I will start asap. Thanks Vicki :mrgreen:

Sounds great Vicki, thank you for claiming my request again haha!
    Well I actually don't have the links because I saved the photos onto my computer instead, so maybe I can email them to you? If that's a problem though, I can always go searching the web for them again haha.

Sam
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited February 2014
    :mrgreen: An email will be fine Sam. glenkarri@gotalk.net.au