Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Girl Sim started dating a girl at prom?????

Well, this is odd. Just getting used to my Generations EP. My girl Sim was invited to the prom and while she was gone I was getting the little notifications about what was going on. While she was there she had her first kiss with Dalma and they decided to go steady. It was weird not having control of that, but kinda cool because it reminds me of my real life kid, lol!

So... turns out that Dalma is a girl and now my girl has a girlfriend???? Um, I wouldn't have chosen to do that. Is this a glitch or is EA really going this way? I'm throwing a teen party and she's attending so I guess I'll just have them break up.

Comments

• Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't see anything wrong with this... But if you really have to break them up then that's your choice I guess.

It's not EA's fault, rather Maxis because it's 50%. Personally I think you should be happy!
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    edited December 2013
    It is not a bug they just don't have the same hang ups as you. Let your sims be happy with whoever they choose to be happy with. This applys to sims and real people.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited December 2013
    That happened to me too a while back, though I did not have a problem with it really. I can't see why it would be a glitch?

The heart wants what it wants and your teenage girl's heart seems to want Dalma :)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Choxie77Choxie77 Posts: 364 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just wondered if it was part of the game.
  • Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Yep, it's 100% Legit
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited December 2013
    Choxie77 wrote:
    I just wondered if it was part of the game.

There is always a chance that your Sim will choose a same sex partner. It happens. Like Miss Honey said....the heart wants what the heart wants.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited December 2013
    I used to use Twallan's mods to check on the various sims and their preferences, I had quite a few game created sims who had same sex preference and at one time one of the sisters my sim gave birth to prefered women to men.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited December 2013
    I used to use Twallan's mods to check on the various sims and their preferences, I had quite a few game created sims who had same sex preference.

Really? Just a few? cause it seems like half the Sims I touch has the same sex preference.

I actually find it kinda cool.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2013
    I had that happen once too. I had her meet the other girl the next day and break up with her. I do not play same gender couples. I don't exclude them from my game or ostracize them in real life, I just don't play them.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm perfectly happy to get same sex couples from SP, as long as it's not the only kid in their generation. There has to be somebody to carry on the family name and genes. But most of my families have loads of kids, so it doesn't really matter if one decides they're gay. It's just like real life.
  • Options
    JGATJGAT Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Homosexual Sims? This is an outrage!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited December 2013
    There is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

You should be happy for her! :D
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited December 2013
    I used to use Twallan's mods to check on the various sims and their preferences, I had quite a few game created sims who had same sex preference.

Really? Just a few? cause it seems like half the Sims I touch has the same sex preference.

I actually find it kinda cool.

The game will learn to function the way you play - if your Sim flirts with everyone they find attractive in Egypt, next time you send a Sim to Egypt, they will be flirted with. If you help your homosexual Sims have relationships with the Sims they hook up with at prom, you'll have more chances that other Sims you play will be homosexual. If you only let them flirt with the opposite sex, your Sims are more likely to be heterosexual.

My last set of teens that went to prom, one of the boys asked his crush to dance but the other boy turned him down. I was a bit sad, I didn't even know who it was to try building a relationship with the other boy!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited December 2013
    JasonPogo wrote:
    It is not a bug they just don't have the same hang ups as you. Let your sims be happy with whoever they choose to be happy with. This applys to sims and real people.
    This is quite rude and uncalled for.

The OP did not in any way imply that she had a problem with homosexuality, merely that she would not have chosen to play that way.

I play almost exclusively gay couples and I didn't feel that the OP had "hang ups" and even if I did think this was the case, I would NEVER have committed such a nasty comment to the forum!
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited December 2013
    I want more gay couples in my towns but the game never seems to do it on its own!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The best thing about this game, is that each one of us can decide for ourselves HOW we want to play it, and WHAT our sims will do. There is no "should do" to it, except as we decide for ourselves.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited December 2013
    The thing specifically about proms is that whoever your sim goes with, they will end up in a romantic relationship. So if your teenager's aunt or uncle or one of the grandparents offers them a pity date, don't go. Unless that's the kind of game you want.

Anyway, I usually pick out who my sim is going to marry in grade school, and ask them to the prom when they are teens.
  • Options
    sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    edited December 2013
    Mom and Dad, there's something I need to tell you.... ;)
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited December 2013
    Your sim can get a romantic interest at the prom even without a date. I have three teens in my family, brother and sister twins and a plant sim one that my live-in genie butler/family friend harvested/grew.

The genie is actually the child of the twin's great-great grandfather, so she is, in a sense, related to them. Of course, her daughter, the plantsim teen does not have any genetic relation to her mother so genetically she is not related to the twins, though through her mother she would be some kind of cousin to them.

Anyway, I sent all three to the Prom, separately. They each traveled on their own there. During the prom I was getting the messages but only half paying attention to them. I did notice that Rhosa, the plantsim teen, had her first kiss there, which I had never seen before, so that was neat. I didn't pay attention to who she kissed though.

So after they come home from the prom I noticed that the brother twin also had a first kiss moodlet. I look at their relationship and now there are romantic interests with each other. o.0 So now I have teens who were raised together like siblings dating. Since they are not actually genetically related, I'm letting it play out, I just thought it was strange as I have never had anything like this happen before in my games. I've had a lot of teen sims go to proms, too. :lol:

So yeah, they don't need a date to become romantically involved at the prom.

• Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    This happened to my sim with her father at prom :shock:
  • Options
    karenc567karenc567 Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2013
    Well, to be fair its her game, and if she doesnt want her sim to have a same gender partner, then let her be! We have to remember that the sims is a game, so you wont be emotionally hurting anyone! Yes, there is nothing wrong with same gender relationships, but this is a game!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Your sim can get a romantic interest at the prom even without a date.

I have had very few teens that had a date for the prom, because it takes so long to make friends, and the prom all too often comes too soon after they became a teen, but if there is another teen that hit on them when they met them at school, even if they aren't even friends yet, there is a pretty good chance they will end up in a romantic relationship with that one. That's what happened with my girl sim who ended up in a relationship with another girl.

I've been thinking on and off today, about the unkind reply to the OP, because she doesn't want to play a same gender couple, because I don't play same gender couples either.

I have a gay son. I'm very proud of my son, and couldn't possibly love him any more than I do, gay or straight. I respect his right to make his own choices in life. His partners have always been welcome in our home, and treated like family. The exes that he stayed with long enough for us (his dad & I) to become friends with, we are still friends with. My reason for not playing same gender couples has nothing to do with hating gays, because I don't. I judge them only on their character and personality. If I enjoy being around them, I like them. If they're nasty or obnoxious, I don't like them. Just like anybody else.

But I relate personally to my sims, which is why any unmarried sim I make is always female, and as a heterosexual, I cannot personally relate to a gay sim. I play my sims like I live my own life. They will never violate my personal convictions, or do anything I wouldn't do in the same situation. What is important to me is important to them. My sims' relationships with their spouses and children is a mirror of my own relationship with my husband and children. I do not enjoy playing otherwise.

So let's not be judgmental around here. Unless someone actually states why they don't want to do something or other, it's totally out of place to make assumptions of any kind. And since I did state her exactly why I don't play gay sims, if anybody has a problem with my reasons, it's still their problem, not mine. I have no reason to care what people that take offense at my personal opinions think.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautifully put, IreneSwift :D

I'm not gay, but I've played gay sims. I'm not a werewolf, but I've played a lot of werewolves. I'm not a man, but I've played male sims.

What I like about this game, is the chance to experience life from a different point of view. Goths, homeless, catholic Irish pioneers, grandparents, supernaturals, punks, WWII farmers, Italian mobsters, singers, runaways, right wing politicians with troublesome pregnant teen daughters.

It's just nice to be able to spend a couple of hours as someone else at the end of each day. It makes me a lot more grateful for who I am and what I have IRL.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    lovelylisac, I can understand that. Myself, I'm nearing the end of my life. My health is shot, and I'm seriously burned out on the stresses of trying to do everything that needed to be done. I'm working on simplifying everything in my life that I can, and letting go of the things that seemed so necessary, but which I can no longer keep up with, like cleaning the house every week, or even every month. For me, playing a more realistic life, but that is a whole lot simpler than mine, and accomplishing the realistic goals I set for my sims, gives me the sense of accomplishment I can no longer get from my own life. Plus, so many things that I would have liked to have done, but was never able to do, due to time constraints, or just circumstances, like going fishing, and things I used to love to do, but can't anymore, like gardening and playing the piano, it's nice to be able to do them virtually through my sims. Even if it isn't real, it satisfies a longing for something more than my current reality. I don't want fantasy, I want something that feels real.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited December 2013
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Your sim can get a romantic interest at the prom even without a date.

I have had very few teens that had a date for the prom, because it takes so long to make friends, and the prom all too often comes too soon after they became a teen, but if there is another teen that hit on them when they met them at school, even if they aren't even friends yet, there is a pretty good chance they will end up in a romantic relationship with that one. That's what happened with my girl sim who ended up in a relationship with another girl.

Yeah, I don't usually get dates for my teens either. It is possible that the boy teen hit on her on his own. I do often leave my sims to their own devices while I focus on another sim. I had just not seen it happen before so I was surprised. :D