Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Simsgiving from The Sims!

Happy Simsgiving from The Sims!

There’s one in almost every culture. It goes by different names – the Chung Chiu Moon Festival in China, Pongal in the southern part of India, the UK’s Harvest Festival or Erntedankfest in Germany. In North America we refer to it as Thanksgiving. And while they may fall on different days and be part of different traditions, they all have one thing in common: a time to take a moment to give thanks for all the good things in one’s life.

The Sims team has many reasons to be thankful. We work with an incredibly creative community every day. It’s with that in mind that we’d like to give you an opportunity to share your creativity with us and each other by creating cards that celebrate Simsgiving.

We’re accepting artwork between now and the end of November. We invite you to take on the spirit of gratitude (and great food!).

It’s easy! Just follow these steps:

1. Click the links below to download from The Sims 3 Store
• Harvest Bounty (FREE!): http://bit.ly/1fzIcCw
Harvest_Bounty.jpg

• Waning Moon (1,780 SimPoints): http://bit.ly/17mVKw4

WaningMoon.jpg

2. Play The Sims 3 and set your scene for fun! Be sure to grab a screenshot of your Sims celebrating a festive meal.

o Your screenshot MUST contain at least one item from either Harvest Bounty
or Waning Moon.

3. Share your screenshot in this thread!

We’ll do the rest! We’ll highlight some of the best and funniest images. So get cooking and be ready to celebrate! There are so many things to be thankful for this Simsgiving and we can’t wait to see what you share with us!

HappySimsgiving_FromTheSims.jpg

What’s that you say? Harvest Festival was two months ago, Pongal isn’t for another two months? Well then, why don’t you join us for a virtual feast celebrating your love of The Sims. All are welcome to celebrate Simsgiving no matter the country you live in, or your current season. Happy Simsgiving to you and yours!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love your pics Simguru Poptart. I will be doing mine shortly but until then here is some from last year to satisfy. Hope we get a new free harvest set from the store this year. I have all 3 of the ones out so far. This years pictures will be placed here directly once I get to them celebrating. :P

Catloverplayer's Thanksgiving Pics 2012
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/616285.page

Edit
    This years theme probebly won't be with a Feast Party. Mainly the family this year with My Simself,his wife,their daughter and the simbot and plumbot who live with them. I'm lucky both Hannah and the Plumbot have a level 10 cooking skill but Hannah will probebly still be doing the cooking.

One of my other couples may also be celebrating together maybe Michelle and Ben.

I've also thought about my sims taking thanksgiving on a houseboat I downloaded as well. Don't know if I'll do that but I might. You see My Simself and his family own a second house a houseboat in Sunset Valley. Prehaps the whole family will go on a cruise close to the lighthouse point.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited November 2013
    Where's the Turkey?
    edited November 2013
    It was a feast party so there was no turkey but there will be this year.
  • KittenHoarderKittenHoarder Posts: 54 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Let's go, pumpkin pie! I'm going to pie-out my Sim family this holiday :) yummy!
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi SimGuruPopTart,
    Thanks for hosting this. It's going to be a lot of fun. I just had a question though. Is it okay to submit more than one?
    sigg.gif

• lucelielucelie Posts: 116
    edited November 2013
    Beautiful pictures!!! Happy Thanksgiving day for all and many blessings!!!
    edited November 2013
    At Kitten

Oh yea my Simself is going to gorge on the pumpkin pie his wife Hannah cooks for him.

• annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2013
    Simsgiving :lol:

Sweet. I had my Dan have a family meal straight away :mrgreen:

y47i.jpg
  • SimGuruPopTartSimGuruPopTart Posts: 803 SimGuru (retired)
    edited November 2013
    I love your pics Simguru Poptart. I will be doing mine shortly but until then here is some from last year to satisfy. Hope we get a new free harvest set from the store this year. I have all 3 of the ones out so far. This years pictures will be placed here directly once I get to them celebrating. :P

Catloverplayer's Thanksgiving Pics 2012
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/616285.page

Edit
    This years theme probebly won't be with a Feast Party. Mainly the family this year with My Simself,his wife,their daughter and the simbot and plumbot who live with them. I'm lucky both Hannah and the Plumbot have a level 10 cooking skill but Hannah will probebly still be doing the cooking.

One of my other couples may also be celebrating together maybe Michelle and Ben.

I've also thought about my sims taking thanksgiving on a houseboat I downloaded as well. Don't know if I'll do that but I might. You see My Simself and his family own a second house a houseboat in Sunset Valley. Prehaps the whole family will go on a cruise close to the lighthouse point.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the pics of your Sims for Simsgiving. :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wish Waning Moon would go on Complete A Set (hint hint) -- I've already gotten a bunch of the individual items through the Goodie Boxes, but not the whole kit and caboodle. :roll:

Maybe I'll at least have my farming family do a Thanksgiving dinner; too bad she's not good enough at cooking for Stuffed Turkey but maybe I can skill her up fast.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited November 2013
    petalbot wrote:
    Hi SimGuruPopTart,
    Thanks for hosting this. It's going to be a lot of fun. I just had a question though. Is it okay to submit more than one?

Hey petalbot!

You're welcome to share as many pics as you like!
    edited November 2013
    Still you can use one of the many buffets we have. Many of them have turkey. Another idea is to send your sims to a resort on T Day and let them eat turkey there.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nice thanksgiving meal photo annasommer :) it looks great that you have the turkey on the table and all your sims family are enjoying their meal together.
  • mattrweeksmattrweeks Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2013
    FUN! I'm definitely going to post some pictures here once I get the Harvest Bounty into my game and can get some screenshots.
    Check out my play through of The Drifter Challenge House 01.
    edited November 2013
    Happy Simsgiving! Jenna Sim made it back from the future just in time for Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Be back with more Simsgiving pics later. :)

simgiving1.png"width=640"
    sigg.gif

• UntamedPandaUntamedPanda Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Happy Sims Giving I'll be posting pics of my family soon! :D
    edited November 2013
    Very nice Thanksgiving dinner photo petalbot :) It looks great with the arches in the background, and the long glass table that they are eating their food at looks good. They all look happy enjoying being together.
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited November 2013
    okrdzp.jpg

2moxbhd.jpg
    edited November 2013
    The room looks a very nice place for sims to enjoy celebrating thanksgiving with their sims family and friends artlove1 :) Sims will enjoy sitting chatting at the table and also afterwards on the arm chairs near the fireplace. The fire will keep the sims warm. The domed windows look nice.
    edited November 2013
    petalbot wrote:
    Happy Simsgiving! Jenna Sim made it back from the future just in time for Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Be back with more Simsgiving pics later. :)

simgiving1.png"width=640"

I love this one. I see their eating outside. I like that glass table where is it from?
    edited November 2013
    Hi Rose! Thanks! :)

Hey CLP! The glass table is from The Outdoor Living Stuff pack. The one in the picture is actually two of those tables put together with moveobjects on. Nice pics you posted. Glad to see your sims are having a happy Simsgiving together.
    sigg.gif

• SlamboSlambo Posts: 20 New Member
    edited November 2013
    For the feast party, Stacy invited some of her high school classmates; but they still sit at the kids' table...

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited November 2013
    screenshot-17_zps68d8c7bb.jpg

(Center piece is from Waning Moon)
    My challenge family and their friends enjoying their annual Feast Day/Thanksgiving dinner.
    edited November 2013
    Nice photo that you have posted bxy34j :) Your sim looks like he is enjoying eating his meal with the nice sunlight coming through from the the nearby windows.

Great photo of the sims high school friends enjoying eating at the feast party Slambo :) The pumpkin shelf on the wall looks great. Your sims are nice.

Great feast party /thanksgiving photo Queenie08 :) The seats they are sitting on are nice. Great log home setting for enjoying a nice meal with family and friends.