March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did You Get in Your Goodie Box?

The store is offering goodie boxes for sale again. This time they mention that it is possible to get worlds in your set. I bought several boxes the last time they ran this promotion, but most of the things I received I already owned. I am trying to decide if they have fixed this issue and if it is worth trying again. If you have bought one this time would you mind posting what was in the box. Thanks for the help! :D

Comments

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited October 2013
    Did the store help you when they gave you stuff you already had or did you just have to live with it?
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited October 2013
    So far I've bought a total of 5 boxes. 1 single box to test the waters and then the 3+1 box. None of the stuff was anything I already owned including the bonuses. I even received the Dreams of India set as a bonus in one of the boxes as well. I bought the CAS boxes, I am happy :mrgreen:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG!! One of the possible bonus's is GOLD SUNLIT TIDES???!!!!! (they show it as an example of one worlds possible to win)
    Now gonna cry cuz I can almost bet I will never get that lucky, because I wanted that world so badly! :cry:
    I have the worst luck in lotteries so am afraid to try this... :oops:

The Store also says this :

"Could I receive items that I already own?
    You will not receive individual items you already own. However, if you receive a set as your bonus content, there may be items within that set that you already own."

http://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/goodiebox#4
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hope you get more replies on what people got in their boxes & weather or not any of it were items they already had. I too am considering getting a set but I want to see if they are indeed new items as I do own a lot of store items, including all the worlds.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought 4, and got the world Hidden Springs, which I already owned. :shock: I called CS and they allowed me to switch it to Sunlit Tides.

So I am happy with what I got, and would like to buy more goodie boxes, except I am worried that I will continue to get things I already own.

Aside from the world, I got some decent items, but only a couple of stand out pieces. I got the pet feeder PC as a bonus item, which made me happy, and I got the Hak 2 Skool Arcade Machine as a bonus, which isn't too bad, but my last bonus was a shirt, which was odd, since I was not doing the clothing boxes, and yet I was given a clothing item as a bonus? At least it was a nice shirt. :lol:

PS: I am curious if it makes a difference if you buy a 300sp box compared to two larger ones. I understand you get more boxes in the larger two, but do you also get better items.
  • MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2013
    I got the Home decor set, I got items I don't already own

A Very Berry Towel holder
    Hunger Inducing Sushi Pillow Set
    Rose Dresser
    Too Literal Tea Ceiling Light
    Tranquility Stone by Feng Shui
    Bonus Item Luxe Loungewear
  • MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2013
    APotts wrote:
    I bought 4, and got the world Hidden Springs, which I already owned. :shock: I called CS and they allowed me to switch it to Sunlit Tides.

So I am happy with what I got, and would like to buy more goodie boxes, except I am worried that I will continue to get things I already own.

Aside from the world, I got some decent items, but only a couple of stand out pieces. I got the pet feeder PC as a bonus item, which made me happy, and I got the Hak 2 Skool Arcade Machine as a bonus, which isn't too bad, but my last bonus was a shirt, which was odd, since I was not doing the clothing boxes, and yet I was given a clothing item as a bonus? At least it was a nice shirt. :lol:

PS: I am curious if it makes a difference if you buy a 300sp box compared to two larger ones. I understand you get more boxes in the larger two, but do you also get better items.

I am glad they were able to switch it for you. The others are just more random boxes, I don't think its better or worse just more.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited October 2013
    Okay I am done, I received as regular item not a bonus, a dress I had already gotten in a goodie box a few minutes ago. That coupled with the fact the bonuses are starting to be compilations or subsets of stuff I already own. The glee has worn off and now I am finished.

nevermind about the dress, upon further review in my PH I can see one is the elder version and one is the YA/A version
    WznfzGr.gif
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2013
    One of my goodie boxes was the Gothique Living Set that I already have. The other was the Goth Compilation... which not only includes the Gothique Living Set (so now I've paid for it THREE times!) but I also already have ALL of the things in that compilation EXCEPT a VERY FEW of the clothing pieces. Talk about a super letdown. NEVER AGAIN!!!
  • simmyhead1000simmyhead1000 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought one box. It was my first time so I was really skeptical but overall I am actually happy with what I got. Nothing I already owned.

*************** Arm Chair
    Steampunk Kitchen- Burnished Bright Bulb Floor Lamp
    Wash Up Sink
    Party Banner
    Tuco Table
    Commissioned By Kings (the floor painting)
    Bonus Item: Musubi Hunter (arcade game)

EDIT: I missed a T on butt.
    EDIT2: The second T on butt made Butt Grooveless censored hahaha.
  • NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2013

The Store also says this :

"Could I receive items that I already own?
    You will not receive individual items you already own. However, if you receive a set as your bonus content, there may be items within that set that you already own."

http://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/goodiebox#4
    "Could I receive items that I already own?" YES!!! :x

My classic gripe is the Jet Set Elders set. I own all of it, bought it at full, non-sale price years ago. It's in my purchase history. But the page for the set says I only own 5 of the 12 items. I've already had someone gift me items from the set that I already owned (but the site didn't think I owned).

Beware these 'rogue' items (that do not register as owned): :shock:
    Countessa Vintage (sweetheart neckline dress with bolero for EF)
    Puttin' on the Glitz (Shoes for EF)
    Nouveau Riche Robe Vintage (for EM)
    Slip and Slide Vintage (loafer shoes for EM)
    R&R Vintage (Open blazer jacket with black tee for EM)
    Business on the Top Vintage (Vest, Jacket, Tie, and Shirt Combo for EM)
    Urban Avenger Vintage (Gray bomber jacket with tie and shirt for EM)

There *had been* a similar problem with the Gothic Living & Bedroom for almost two years... I bought it on DD but couldn't d/l the set. Had to d/l each item individually. :roll:
    Then they finally fixed it when they introduced the CYS feature (I could finally download the entire set). :D
    But I wish they'd fix the Jet Set Elder set, too. :(
  • bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2013
    I got one of each type of box. I was pretty happy to get the Fifth Avenue Fashions set so I think it was worth the 600 simpoints I paid for the two boxes. I don't think I got anything I already had...

Box 1:
    Wall Sprinklers
    Backcountry Partition
    Electrifying Illumination
    Kerosene Flower Lamp
    Industrial Chic Floor Lamp
    Wood-framed Bedstead
    Fifth Avenue Fashions *Bonus Item

Box 2:
    Beach Visor
    Childrens Pioneer Dress
    Shirred One-Piece Swimsuit
    TriSuit
    Lovely Lehnga
    Magnificent Maang Tikka *Bonus Item
    Wavy Bangs *Bonus Item
    Knitted Beanie *Bonus Item
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    One of my goodie boxes was the Gothique Living Set that I already have. The other was the Goth Compilation... which not only includes the Gothique Living Set (so now I've paid for it THREE times!) but I also already have ALL of the things in that compilation EXCEPT a VERY FEW of the clothing pieces. Talk about a super letdown. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Call customer service and see if they will let you switch to other items.
  • celinegreen1969celinegreen1969 Posts: 15
    edited October 2013
    I bought both the 5 (+2 bonus) CAS and 5 (+2 bonus) decor boxes. So--14 all together. I had SimPoints burning a hole in my pocket and I'm a lottery junkie, what can I say. :)

I did receive a couple individual CAS items that I already owned as part of sets. The FAQ is unclear (to me, anyway) on whether this is supposed to happen.

What's most important to me is that I got some really great sets:

Double Down Poker & Roulette
    India Inspirations Living & Bedroom
    Gothique Library
    Safari Living
    MidCentury Modern Bathroom
    MidCentury Modern Bedroom

Even just the three sets I really, really wanted would have cost me more than 3000 SimPoints to buy (the cost of all 14 boxes). I received no sets that I already owned. So, the bottom line is, to me it was worth it, but I can understand what other people are saying.

Some individual items that stood out:

Hak 2 School Arcade Machine & slide
    Brassy Lassy Bob
    Steampunk Kitchen food processor
    Two individual items from the new One with Nature set (bed and partition)
    Three individual items form the Cambodia sets
  • AliceMarieAliceMarie Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought the 900 simpoint sets (4 boxes) 3 times, 2 of CAS items, and one of decor. So, I spent a total of 1800 simpoints, and when I added up all that I got, it was worth 6190 simpoints. Awesome :D

The best things I got were the Door of Life and Death and the Coastal Living set.
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello

Has anyone gotten the new worlds? or the Duke Ren. venue? are those possible? Does anyone know?

Thanks

chari
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited October 2013
    AliceMarie wrote:
    The best things I got were the Door of Life and Death and the Coastal Living set.

Wow you got the Door of Life and Death, that's cool seeing as it's only been out for a week! I think you'll enjoy the Coastal Living set, especially if you've got Island Paradise, it's absolutely gorgeous in game...enjoy! :-)
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder what the least amount, in terms of worth can you get. I am assuming, and that is a broad assumption, I know, that if you spend 300SP you would get at least 300SP worth of items.

Granted they may be items you would not ever want, but at least they'd add up to the amount you spent? Or is it possible to spend 300SP and get items worth less?

I have pretty much all the sets I want and I am waiting for the worlds and "Cy ber" (why is that word censored?) Monday, to see if any go on sale.

Last time there was a lot of issue with duplicate content being issued. And this time it doesn't seem to be fixed, but at least EA's CS is able to help out.

This definitely seems to me, like a wait and see approach. But I do appreciate all you brave souls who took a chance and report back. Thanks for being the "Guinea Pig" LOL...

Oh yeah EA HINT HINT...bring back the guinea pig disease...LOL
  • ConcoutConcout Posts: 40 Member
    edited October 2013
    I brought one Cas 7 boxes and one 7 boxes home decor

ScreenShot2013-10-24at12941PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12850PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12937PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at13100PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at13009PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12947PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12928PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at13137PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12912PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12904PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at13143PM.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at12922PM.png
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2013
    I admit I ordered a bunch of them. I got four sets I already owned, and then I got one set plus the two items in that set separately in one goodie box.

So I contacted customer service. I can't talk on the phone with them this evening so I escalated via email, but I'll probably call tomorrow. Since I have the time, I'll go through the single items I received as well to see if there are things I already own in those as well.

I expect it will be resolved, but it is annoying to have that happen.
  • acorn88acorn88 Posts: 171 Member
    edited October 2013
    Mine were okay but I received Hidden Springs and I already own it. Wish I could gift it to someone.
  • peachypixiepeachypixie Posts: 77 New Member
    edited October 2013
    So... I took a huge chance and bought the 1500 goodie box bundle and I have to say I'm a only a little disappointed. Only because, well... there really wasn't too much that I really wanted out of everything I ended up with. I did get a few duplicate purchases that where part of a the bonus sets that were in the bundle - and didn't own before hand - which is a bummer. I'm going to contact customer service about those. There also seemed to be a lot of wall hanging deco stuff, instead of bigger furniture items (I bought the home decor goodie boxes), which tend to be lower cost items anyway (or things I don't use in-game too much).

I almost wish I'd just waited to buy more points so that I could finally get Midnight Hollow. Though... I must say, after purchasing the goodie boxes, I was able to finish off a few sets/compilations for free. With the exception of "Le Cirque Celebration!", which I paid 55 sim points extra to purchase.

Anyway, here's a list of what I ended up with (in no particular order):

Matrix Flux Sectional Sofa
    Autographed Memories - decor
    Turtle Island Rug - decor
    Champion's Glory - decoration
    He's a Live Wire Radio
    Midnight Moon Wall Lamp - wall hanging/lighting
    Billion Bandwidth Bookshelf
    Longevity Wall Hanging - wall hanging/painting
    White Rabbit Shelf - wall hanging/shelf
    Haute Hacienda Dining Room- Look at my Gecko Sculpture - wall hanging/decor
    George and Harriet - wall hanging/painting
    Once Upon a Time Cottage- Stories and Caps Wall Shelf - wall hanging/shelf
    Up Against The Wall - wall hanging/painting (posters)
    Illuminated Within Wall Lighting - wall hanging/lighting
    Functional and Firm Sofa
    Banana Bulb - wall hanging/lighting
    Burn It Up - microwave
    Puzzled Wall Sculpture - wall hanging/painting
    Higher Tech High Wall Shelf - wall hanging/shelf
    Le Cirque Nouveau- The Twirler - clothing (not build-buy item)
    Le Cirque Esprit- Happiest Dunk Tank Hot Tub
    Galactic Simball Arcade
    Le Cirque Nouveau- Mistress of Ceremonies - clothing (not build-buy item)
    Flux Flora - wall hanging/decor (plant)
    Antique Chronometer - clock
    Lock and Key Painting - wall hanging/painting
    Desert Designs Coffee Table
    Water Wonderland Bathtub
    Wave of Light - wall hanging/lighting
    NeverLate Clock - wall hanging/wall clock
    Faire Curtain
    Party Banner - wall hanging/banner
    Bed Barthelme
    Buccaneer's Barstool
    Wily Wilderness Tower
    Not Your Grandma’s End Table
    Stash of Silver Cabinet - wall hanging/painting/shelf
    Boss Level Lighting - wall hanging/painting/shelf
    Mochi Doggy Lamp
    Spellbound Diary - decor
    Safer than Safe End Table
    Home Team Jersey Rack - wall hanging/shelf

Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms - set
    --Animal Friends Wall Shelf V.2 - duplicate from critter comfort set
    Faire Folk Outdoors - set
    --Faire Wheel Barrow - duplicate from Faire Folk Outdoors
    --Faire Folk Bird House - duplicate from Faire Folk Outdoors - wall hanging/decor

45 random items, 3 duplicate
    2 sets

Was able to complete: "Kid! 2010 Complilation", "Japanese Inspired Living Compilation" and "Le Cirque Celebration!"
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited October 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:

This is what I'm worried about. I own way too much of the store to risk the goodie boxes. Which is probably the sign that I have a TS3 store problem...
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought the 4 pack of Decor items and got:

Box 1:
    Sani-Booth shower from Future Shock Loft
    Bangalor chair from Dreams of India
    Sunset Over The Mountains wall hanging from Waning Moon
    Electrifying Illumination from Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Fountain of Decadence from Romanza Ceremony + Reception
    Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture from Waning Moon
    Beach Visor from Surf's Up Sun & Fun Collection (bonus)
    Show Stopping Styles Collection (bonus)
    Eagle Feather Lamp from Waning Moon (bonus)

Box 2:
    Teeth Tech 2.0 from Future Shock Loft
    Map of Somewhere from Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    To Have and To Fold chair from Romanza Ceremony + Reception
    Flower Tower from Romanza Ceremony + Reception
    Pueblo Bed from Waning Moon
    Great Lakes Earthernware Pot from Waning Moon
    Industrial Chic Floor Lamp from Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Topcoat & Sweater individual item (bonus)

Box 3:
    Napkin Sculpture from Romanza Ceremony + Reception
    India Cloth Star from Dreams of India
    To Have and To Fold with Bow chair from Romanza Ceremony + Reception
    Pretentious Loveseat from Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Fully Non-Functional Vent from Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Wattle & Daub Lamp from Waning Moon
    Mughal Cone Light from Dreams of India
    Tech Revoltz: 2204 A.D. from Future Shock Loft (bonus)

Box 4:
    Four Directions Table from Waning Moon
    Moon Over Water Mirror from Waning Moon
    Hydrojuvination X9 bathtub from Future Shock Loft
    Swim Goggles from Surf's Up Sun & Fun Collection (bonus)
    Date Night clothing set (bonus)
    Knitted Beanie from Coffee Bean Hipster Loft (bonus)

I spent 900 simpoints and, knowing that Show Stopping Styles Collection is on the Sale! page for 944 simpoints and my CYS for Date Night was 1465 simpoints, I believe I got my moneys worth. I got a total of 31 items for 900sp.

I don't know if anyone else has the problem of already owning individual pieces of Romanza but not showing up as owned in the sets. I own the two chairs and the flower (they are in my purchase history) but not indicated as such in the sets so those were duplicated.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if the Farm Fresh Folk Set is in the goodie box?