Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited October 2013
    okido1987 wrote:
    Hi I just updated my game to patch 1.63 and noticed I had a new file in my download folder which is created today and I have never seen it before...
    No mods or CC in my game and I have all EP and SP except for movie stuff and KPST.

SO the file is called:
    FSIViewCountTracking the type is just "file" it 0 kb

Do you by any chance know what it's for? Google didn't really help out with this for me :D
    crinrict wrote:
    No, I don't. I've tried to get an answer from the Gurus, but none so far.

Try to play a while and then see if it grows in size and if you can open it with a text editor.

I did check it after an afternoon of playing my game and it has now grown to 1kb. When open it with a text editor I didn't get much.
    Just this.....

DBPF $ h ŸF U äp` €

I don't like the word tracking in the file name as I wouldn't want to be tracked or whatever their tracking.... I kinda dislike them adding new files to our game every update without mentioning it too us. This could offcourse be a harmless file however since don't know anything about it and it has a bit of a suspicious name (to me at least) I hope they will fill us in with details very soon!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    I find it very disturbing too. Maybe someone at MTS will found out what it is. Not my field of expertise.

Do you have Origin installed ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    I find it very disturbing too. Maybe someone at MTS will found out what it is. Not my field of expertise.

Do you have Origin installed ?

Yes I do and I recently updated it somewhere last week. I have one game in DD and the rest are all disc versions. I don't have to use Origin to start my game nor is it activated on the background (not mandatory for me, luckily)
    I also bypass the launcher to play my game due to the .tmp files that are created.
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited October 2013
    okido1987 wrote:
    okido1987 wrote:
    Hi I just updated my game to patch 1.63 and noticed I had a new file in my download folder which is created today and I have never seen it before...
    No mods or CC in my game and I have all EP and SP except for movie stuff and KPST.

SO the file is called:
    FSIViewCountTracking the type is just "file" it 0 kb

Do you by any chance know what it's for? Google didn't really help out with this for me :D
    crinrict wrote:
    No, I don't. I've tried to get an answer from the Gurus, but none so far.

Try to play a while and then see if it grows in size and if you can open it with a text editor.

I did check it after an afternoon of playing my game and it has now grown to 1kb. When open it with a text editor I didn't get much.
    Just this.....

DBPF $ h ŸF U äp` €

I don't like the word tracking in the file name as I wouldn't want to be tracked or whatever their tracking.... I kinda dislike them adding new files to our game every update without mentioning it too us. This could offcourse be a harmless file however since don't know anything about it and it has a bit of a suspicious name (to me at least) I hope they will fill us in with details very soon!

I believe it has to do with the featured items in the store. It has to do with the new featured item option they gave us with the latest patch.
  • Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crinrict I tried that and it didn't work.

Thanks for all you help with this! At least now I know what the problem is. And if I have to I will just do a complete new install and see if that fixes it.
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited October 2013
    Follow-up to this post.
    crinrict wrote:
    ~respectfully snipped to pertinent response~
    @Aunza: And after restarting the game, the same thing happened ? Did you try a factory reset ?
    Thank-you for responding.
    Today, I followed all the same steps as yesterday (or as close as I recall) and cannot duplicate the problem.
    Therefore, I believe we can mark this one User Error.
    Thanks again. ~smiles~
    edited October 2013
    @okido1987: As SweetieTreats and someone at MTS pointed out, it seems: FSI = Featured Store Items. Seems it has something to do with this new way to shove store items in our face. Do you have the ingame store activated ?

@Trouble1122: Is it still in the file after you've started the game ?

@Aunza: I like those.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    I have good news! I decided to install the super patch and my interactive screen now works! :mrgreen:
    so something must have gone wrong with my patch.

Thanks again for all your help Crinrict!
    edited October 2013
    Glad to hear. The patches are a bit of a mess.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    I remember when my patch was downloading it was 600MB, and looking at the patch info, that was 18 MB less than what it should have been :/
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @okido1987: As SweetieTreats and someone at MTS pointed out, it seems: FSI = Featured Store Items. Seems it has something to do with this new way to shove store items in our face. Do you have the ingame store activated ?

No I don't have it activated. Maybe that's why it's only 1 kb in size....
    Thank you very much though for your help and also SweetieTreats. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if we ever get more info on this :D
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2013
    Patch 1.63 caused the Store Collection Folder bug to explode and get worse on my end.

For those who won't click the link, the following sets have shown up as collection folders in my Collection tab. I have to delete them every session, but they regenerate once I close down the game. The bug is linked to the Featured Set Mini-Collection feature in Build/Buy mode when you sort your items by room type.

Stones Throw Greenhouse
    The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire
    Country Livin'
    Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes
    Luxe Kidswear
    Dreams of India
    JetSet Teens
    Fanciful Fashions & Hairstyle
    JetSet
    The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Runway Riot
    JetSet Elders
    Victorian Fashions
    Ragtime in the Big Easy
    Romanza Bridal Party
    Wild Wears

When I actually get ITF, I'm expecting this bug to be completely stupid and explode once again.

And for the record, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling those sets specifically as well as all my store DLC. These sets, for some reason, show up as Collection folders but not in the Featured Set (via Sort by Room) every time. It could be a launcher error, but it could also be a bug with the Store feature in Build/Buy mode.

This REALLY needs to get checked out by a developer. This is the last EP, after all, and I don't want my Simming to result in a regular routine of deleting these regenerating DLC folders.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Zeek, I have a question...

Is it possible that's not a bug, but a feature working as intended?
    edited October 2013
    Zeek, I have a question...

Is it possible that's not a bug, but a feature working as intended?
    It's not.

The actual feature when it is working is suppose to be only isolated to the Sort by Room tab. Store Collections don't show up anywhere else.

The bug I have has the sets I listed showing up in the Collection tab where you can create Collections (or where you can find the EP-made ones, like the Collection Folders for each of the WA worlds). The sets that have Buy items like the Stone Throw Greenhouse set don't show up in the Sort By Room tab anymore.

Also, it's impossible for the JetSet collection to show up in Build/Buy mode because those are all CAS sets. For some reason, I have regenerating Collection folders for those sets now.
    edited October 2013
    @Zeek: Did any of you try to post the link to the thread on twitter for Smitty or Brett ? I think it's your best chance to get an answer. I can add to the first page though if you want me too.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    hey crin! ok i just tested gaming console no issues and i also had my sim play a game on the computer and no issues - im mod free

i didnt see any other issue posted here to test so still slow - nice!

HTH
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Zeek: Did any of you try to post the link to the thread on twitter for Smitty or Brett ? I think it's your best chance to get an answer. I can add to the first page though if you want me too.
    What's their twitter handle? I'll shoot them a tweet when I get a chance tomorrow morning.

And please put it on the first page just in case more DLC buyers start to notice this on their end as well. I know this is a hold-over from IP, but not a lot of people may know that given how many responses I got to the original thread.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited October 2013

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Removed mods to try and help then tried vanilla game.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Premade
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Twinbrook (EA)
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home World

Ok, I started out with all my custom content. I was playing a prebuilt sim in twinbrook, who I married off to another prebuilt in twinbrook. They have a toddler. Even after teaching her to talk, they cannot chat with her. Plus, the playpen that came with Aurora Skies glitches when the toddler uses the mirror. She starts the interaction then jumps out of it. Abacus works fine.

I started a new game, all vanilla, built a new family, moved them in, again to twinbrook, had the mother teach the toddler to talk. Chat interaction is still not there. I haven't tried to download playpen again to test that part tho. P.I. career seems glitchy but I suspect that is a bug that was already there.
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). I removed the mods & custom content & started a new neighborhood.

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Just the patch.

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game.

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Premade.

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Aurora Skies (EA).

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7.

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD.

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home World.

After reading what gayars said about the chat interaction not being there, I tested it out myself. I used my daughter's game that's patched to 1.63 with no mods or custom content, & went to a new Aurora Skies, & went to the Wong family. I taught the toddler to talk, & sure enough the chat interaction is missing. At the same time, I went to Aurora Skies on my game (I'm at patch 1.57 still), went to Aurora Skies, same family, the Wong family, & the mom had the chat interaction available. I tested the playpen & it works.
    edited October 2013
    @ceejay402: Did you test the play online on the console or just playing ?

@ZeekSlider: SimGuruSmitty or SimGuruBrett. I linked you thread under existing issues.

@gayars: I'll add the toddler thing. Try reinstalling playpen. You need to be more specific about P.I Career

@PrfctAngl673: Thanks for that report. Did the playpen work for both versions ?

AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    Crinrict, yes, both my game at 1.57 & the other game, my daughter's game, at 1.63. Oh, and another thing I thought I'd mention (to make sure it gets fixed also). I reported this to SimGuruGraham 2 weeks ago, dogs can no longer swim in fountains. He said he thinks the tweaks they did for Island Paradise broke that. He reported that to those still working on The Sims 3. Here is the thread on his response if you want to look: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/718138.page#11413718.

Edit: I can confirm playing online for nerds doesn't work. I checked on my daughter's computer that's patched to 1.63 (again, my game is still on 1.57 & playing online works). I went to Dragon Valley, clicked on the MacAnna household, had both sisters get the nerd influence, and neither one could play online. The option is there, but, when you try to click on it, nothing happens. It doesn't go to your sims queue. So, 3 things to fix so far (dogs to swim in fountains, missing chat interaction for toddlers, & this, playing online) - that's just the issues I know and confirmed. I hope they will know about these last 2 issues and whatever gets reported after this. They supposedly know about the fountain issue - Graham told whoever is working on The Sims 3 still.

Edit: I tested not being able to play online more. I went back to the MacAnna household, had both sisters max nerd influence and the option to play a video game was gone. The only option was to play online and they can't since it doesn't go to the sims queue. I went to another household that never was played, & they could play a video game since neither one had any nerd influence. I guess once a sim starts getting nerd influence, the option to play a video game doesn't show. I hope they fix that. I hate that once your sim gets any nerd influence that they can't play their video game, just watch tv or play on the computer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rosahegerosahege Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2013
    Edit: I tested not being able to play online more. I went back to the MacAnna household, had both sisters max nerd influence and the option to play a video game was gone. The only option was to play online and they can't since it doesn't go to the sims queue. I went to another household that never was played, & they could play a video game since neither one had any nerd influence. I guess once a sim starts getting nerd influence, the option to play a video game doesn't show. I hope they fix that. I hate that once your sim gets any nerd influence that they can't play their video game, just watch tv or play on the computer.
    I have 4 sims in my household (all of them young adults). 2 of them have nerd influence so they can play online with others, and the 2 others have none (only rebell and jock), and none of the 4 sims are able to use the console now, so I think it count for all sims in the household you tried to "play online with".
    edited October 2013
    It's a annoying bug, not being able to use the tv console. If nobody in the household has no or little nerd influence (I don't know at what skill playing online becomes available), they'll be able to play, but, once they play, they start getting nerd influence. The households I went to that didn't have any social influences, they were able to use the tv console. Please fix this EA. Hope a Guru knows about this.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    gayars wrote:

Ok, I started out with all my custom content. I was playing a prebuilt sim in twinbrook, who I married off to another prebuilt in twinbrook. They have a toddler. Even after teaching her to talk, they cannot chat with her. Plus, the playpen that came with Aurora Skies glitches when the toddler uses the mirror. She starts the interaction then jumps out of it. Abacus works fine.

I started a new game, all vanilla, built a new family, moved them in, again to twinbrook, had the mother teach the toddler to talk. Chat interaction is still not there. I haven't tried to download playpen again to test that part tho.

Hi Crin,
    I noticed last night that I am having this same problem. My toddler Sim just learned to talk and the chat interaction is not an option for her. Also I am having the same problem with the playpen, only she can not interact with the abacus, she has no problem with the mirror.

I also noticed that I have the issue with the collections. I noticed that I had some store sets in my collections folder that were not there before prior to patching, now I have all of the collections listed there.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). None

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? patch

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New created by me in CAS

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Dragon Valley

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home

Thanks again for doing this. :)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    What there's online playing option? :) sorry ok ill test again tonight

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top