Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

done fussin

I am ok with what ever ea releases for the sims 4. what ever they want to sell is fine with me. if I like it when it comes out fine, but if I don't like it, it wont be the end of the world.. there is still a year to pass until they release, and I can wait.. so heres to the ea sims creators have fun, and make sure you put out a sims game that makes us feel like we are back in 2000 playing so much that we forget all about a forum on here, make a game so fun that I spend shameful amounts of time playing again..

Comments

• asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited September 2013
    done fussin

MmmmmHmmmmm...

:P
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited September 2013
    yes I have been reading post by people and we have been acting like this is some real life issue like its a real effect on our lives when the world is in such bad shape people in other countries fighting for rights getting gassed and killed little babies and children, and we are over here freaking out over a computer game like its so important.. I had to step back and say to myself that the world has real problems other than plastic blocky looking hair, some people don't know how they will feed their kids each night, and we spend all of this money on nonsense its just sick, and sad..
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    Okay.

If it is fun for you, I hope you enjoy it. If not, I hope you find a game to replace it that you enjoy just as much.
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited September 2013
    Edited

Forget it, you want to post about Drama all around go ahead...

You want to compare what's going on in the world to how EA is making a computer game, then it's your values, but fNEVER compare to wats going on in the world to a VIDEO GAME!!!

I am so tired of seeing threads like this one, saying the exact same thing...

just stop. EA does not revolve around you...

• kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    Ok that post really ticked me off..

YOU DO NOT COMPARE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD TO A GAME. A GAME. DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE FAMILIES (ESPECIALLY OF THE AMERICAN SOLDIERS) WHO ARE GOING THROUGH THAT?!

YOU NEVER, EVER COMPARE THE DAMAGE BEING DONE TO THAT OF A COMPUTER GAME. THAT IS CROSSING TO MANY LINES!!!

Stop trying to think that EA has to revolve around you...

She's just saying that there are more important things in life than a video game, and that there are much more serious issues out in the world for her to be worried about rather than TS4.

I don't see how she is crossing a line :?
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited September 2013
    Me either I don't see how she's crossing a line.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't understand what the big deal is either. All Sweetface is saying is that there are major things going on in the world right now, bigger than the petty issues some people have with Sims 4. She's not saying Sims 4 is more important than the conflict in Syria. Get a grip, Artlove.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't understand what the big deal is either. All Sweetface is saying is that there are major things going on in the world right now, bigger than the petty issues some people have with Sims 4. She's not saying Sims 4 is more important than the conflict in Syria. Get a grip, Artlove.

As one with a family member in the military and I know Artlove's significant other is in the military. Sometimes one can get emotional or hurt, but you see she reverted/edited her response, I really do not think bringing it up is really fair. Edit: I think it was a bit of a harsh comparison too.

One day I had a really bad day and someone wrote a post that really hit a nerve I blew up but realized it was a complete emotional response and the poster really wasn't responsible, someone was kind enough to point out since my forum behavior is usually really positive but I was already there to edit and say it was a emotional response and edit/take it back and I wasn't given a hard time and I really appreciated peoples understandings.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, HollownessDevour!
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited September 2013
    artlove wrote:
    Ok that post really ticked me off..

YOU DO NOT COMPARE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD TO A GAME. A GAME. DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE FAMILIES (ESPECIALLY OF THE AMERICAN SOLDIERS) WHO ARE GOING THROUGH THAT?!

YOU NEVER, EVER COMPARE THE DAMAGE BEING DONE TO THAT OF A COMPUTER GAME. THAT IS CROSSING TO MANY LINES!!!

Stop trying to think that EA has to revolve around you...
    *blank space removed*
    artlove1 wrote:
    Edited

Forget it, you want to post about Drama all around go ahead...

You want to compare what's going on in the world to how EA is making a computer game, then it's your values, but fNEVER compare to wats going on in the world to a VIDEO GAME!!!

I am so tired of seeing threads like this one, saying the exact same thing...

just stop. EA does not revolve around you...
    *blank space removed*

I think you should reread sweetface's post more thoroughly. :wink:

I am curios as to what you took sweetface's post to mean when you made those replies? The way you replied, I got the idea that you thought she(?) was saying that the game is more important than real life, when, in fact, she was saying quite the opposite of that.
    sweetface wrote:
    "...we are over here freaking out over a computer game like its so important.. I had to step back and say to myself that the world has real problems other than plastic blocky looking hair,..."

Am I wrong in believing that this implies that sweetface believes that real life is more important than the game?
    artlove wrote:
    "...Stop trying to think that EA has to revolve around you..."

I never picked up this impression anywhere, nothing even anything close to it actually. Please explain where you got the idea that sweetface thinks that EA has to revolve around herself?

I think what happened here is you skimmed sweetfaces post, remembered all the other silly posts she has made, and you made an assumption that sweetface was in some way belittling the effects of real life tragedies. Which, if that were the case, your response would be entirely understandable.
    artlove wrote:
    "...YOU DO NOT COMPARE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD TO A GAME."

Sweetface *did* do this. She compared the two on a scale of importance, and determined that "WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD" is much more important than "A GAME." How can you disagree with that?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited September 2013
    yes I have been reading post by people and we have been acting like this is some real life issue like its a real effect on our lives when the world is in such bad shape people in other countries fighting for rights getting gassed and killed little babies and children, and we are over here freaking out over a computer game like its so important.. I had to step back and say to myself that the world has real problems other than plastic blocky looking hair, some people don't know how they will feed their kids each night, and we spend all of this money on nonsense its just sick, and sad..

Yes for some people it is that important, There are many who play this game that are handicapped to the point that they can not even leave their homes and they look to games like these to try and find some enjoyment and escape from what is going on in real life
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013

Yes for some people it is that important, There are many who play this game that are handicapped to the point that they can not even leave their homes and they look to games like these to try and find some enjoyment and escape from what is going on in real life

Good insight. :lol:

I only come to the TS4 forum to see what is new and if I have anything to look forward to in the near future. I will admit if TS3 was half as much fun (to me) as the other two series I may not even be on the forums at all, ever, but still playing the game. And besides OP, no TS4 is not all that important to my 'life' however, since it's better to discuss the game than your personal problems or health, or what challenges one may be facing..(I think that's for FB, right?) then it's better to disucss what is going on in game than revealing what is going on in one's life...on a game forum.

It may seem to you that people are obsessed with games or the discussion of games....no, I would guess not really, because they are 'private' people that don't tell everything they are personally facing, they focus on something they 'can' discuss without feeling they have left themselves wide open. And it stands to reason (sometimes) maybe some of the concerns or their dislikes, (including my own) may seem over the top..but that may be because they are 'projecting' something they fear in real life onto a game...where as they can't or won't discuss it online with others..(and probably shouldn't) so they zero in on something about a game they may not like and it becomes a bigger problem ...but not really...it only seems that way to the people reading their comments.

Lighten up, people say things not because that is their focus but because they may filtering their 'focus' to something to something else, and it all comes out in the wash (in their personal lives) eventually. :-)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    And besides OP, no TS4 is not all that important to my 'life' however, since it's better to discuss the game than your personal problems or health, or what challenges one may be facing..(I think that's for FB, right?) then it's better to disucss what is going on in game than revealing what is going on in one's life...on a game forum.
    ...unless it's relevant to the topic discussed, and is posted to make a point.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am ok with what ever ea releases for the sims 4. what ever they want to sell is fine with me. if I like it when it comes out fine, but if I don't like it, it wont be the end of the world.. there is still a year to pass until they release, and I can wait.. so heres to the ea sims creators have fun, and make sure you put out a sims game that makes us feel like we are back in 2000 playing so much that we forget all about a forum on here, make a game so fun that I spend shameful amounts of time playing again..

Very good :thumbup: . It's really a good decision.

No need to work yourself up over a game :wink: .
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2013
    I know you have caused much trouble in the past but I have to admit you are right about this. Exclude disabled persons from this as they need The Sims series as a substitute for a real life. I don't mean that in any disrespectful manner. My mother had a severe case of apoplexia (her whole left side was disabled) 4 months before she died so I know what I'm talking about.
    I just hope you keep up with your own premise.
    This space is for rent.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2013

How gracious of you to grant EA permission to create a fun game. I'm sorry but your post just rubs me the wrong way. It's not that I disagree with you about there being more serious problems in the world. It's also the fact that *I* can't do anything about *those* problems. Only our leaders can do anything about them, and that's including the leaders of all the countries involved.

It's nice that you came to some realization, but considering the fact that you've been posting a lot of threads about TS4 and creating a lot of drama, I can see where people might find your post just a tad hypocritical. But, I am sure that this new epiphany of yours won't last long. It'll last until you find something else about this game that you just *have* to make a new post about.

ETA: Also, bear in mind that while none of us have the power to affect world affairs, we, as consumers, *do* have the power to affect the decisions that the Sims 4 team makes with regards to gameplay. That's why there's still going to be a lot of focus on this game from others. But, since you're content with it, I'm sure you've moved on to other things by now.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • siefier25siefier25 Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2013
    There is nothing offensive about the OPs original thread. Cool down, and relax, then re read. All she said is, there is more to life than video games, and we should all just take a look at whats going on around us, rather than caring about what EA is doing. She has a point. A good one. Mass Effect series gamers need to read this post..
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013

You do that. Meanwhile, I hope they DO NOT forget the forums, so they can get valuable feedback and deliver a game that pleases the majority, which in turn will sell like hotcakes and make wild profit. Everybody get a happy ending.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:

You do that. Meanwhile, I hope they DO NOT forget the forums, so they can get valuable feedback and deliver a game that pleases the majority, which in turn will sell like hotcakes and make wild profit. Everybody get a happy ending.
    I was not meaning forget the forum all together yes feed back and things are important.. my meaning was forget the forum because the game is so much fun that you spend more time playing than complaining in a game forums..
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited September 2013
    It took a couple of "I dislike this, this and that about TS4" threads to realize its just a game and not the end of the world? Wow. Just wow lol. I mean hey good for you, you discovered the meaning of life. But a game made you realize there's more to life? Man you gotta get out more. Glad your being optimistic though. Hi-5 to you!

Pandagirl out :P