Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

system requirements and loading time?

Have they announced the system requirements yet for Sims 4?

Also what about loading times? Takes Sims3 forever to load.

I think Sims 4 looks so cool I am just hoping I can run it.

Comments

• Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    It is probably similar to TS3.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2013
    ok so I will assume no one knows yet
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2013
    heidi11576 wrote:
    ok so I will assume no one knows yet
    No one knows yet because that info hasn't been released yet. But if I had to guess, I would say that it's pretty close to what 3's is. Every Sims game ever made has always gone back to the OPS before the last. In this case with 3, it would be Windows Vista OPS as being the OPS of the one before the last OPS, which is Windows7. :D
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited August 2013
    This time I hope they make the requirements easier to read. I'm interested to know whether they have made the game more accessible as they were suggesting.

It would be awesome if modern Intel chips like Intel HD 4000 were supported (that would really make it more accessible). Some people are speculating that the requirements will be the same...

I'm not so sure.
    edited August 2013
    I am hoping they are the same as Sims3- I can run the Sims3 just fine- if they bump them up I will have to upgrade my computer and I cant see doing that just for a game.
  • zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well okay, based on what I can assume,
    Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
    Probably the same graphics cards as Pets and beyond.
    Lots of memory and RAM.
    For Mac, I can assume Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

But that's what I am assuming and hoping to find out.
    edited August 2013

right so we still dont know for sure..everyone is just guessing ;)

They have it available for pre-order which is crazy..how can anyone pre-order if they dont know the system requirements.

• enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't know about the system requirements, but I SERIOUSLY HOPE they improve the load times by a LOT. Like, it should not take more than 5 minutes TOPS to load the game!! After Island Paradise came out, the load times have been way too long now for Sims 3 and I really miss the 5 minutes or less. I don't know what they did to the game!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I don't know about the system requirements, but I SERIOUSLY HOPE they improve the load times by a LOT. Like, it should not take more than 5 minutes TOPS to load the game!! After Island Paradise came out, the load times have been way too long now for Sims 3 and I really miss the 5 minutes or less. I don't know what they did to the game!!
    The only way that they can speed up the game's loading time is by adding less stuff to the game, and I seriously doubt that they will do that. The reason for that is us. We keep on asking them to add more to the game, and they add more. Slowing the loading time of the game down even further. I am surprised to learn that no one else has caught on to this, but me. :shock:
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm thinking on getting a new PC anyway but if I knew it wouldn't harm my current graphics card, I'd be all for an upgrade to put in a new fan or something. My GT 440 is supposed to be on the low end of TS3's supported cards though.
  • MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2013
    heidi11576 wrote:

right so we still dont know for sure..everyone is just guessing ;)

They have it available for pre-order which is crazy..how can anyone pre-order if they dont know the system requirements.

This is what I have been saying all the time in many places since Tuesday... How can I preorder something if I donnot know if my computer will run it..... :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..... We need to know the requirements... EA pls
  • janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited August 2013
    I certainly hope it's the same as Sims 3. I'm too broke to go out an buy a new computer. I'm gonna look forward to the live chat on Sept 17. :)

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :D

If it's coming out next year, then it should be for the standards of next year. :shock:

I would like the game to require a little more then TS3... I really don't want it to be stuck with Pets system requirements.

Plus, it should be faster, it'll be a base game. Put in your base game without much Store stuff and see how fast it goes. Might give you an idea if you need a better computer... maybe?

I will be upgrading to the best I can afford but not until nearer the release. I'll be saving. :D
  • TheBMhunterTheBMhunter Posts: 438 Member
    edited August 2013
    If I had to take a guess:

PC System Requirements
    CPU:Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz/AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 2.6GHz or better
    RAM: 2 GB RAM
    Hard Drive: At least 15 GB of hard drive space with at least 3 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
    Video: ATI Radeon HD 2600 or better, NVIDIA 7800 or better, Intel HD Graphics or better
    wow-Draenei.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited August 2013
    I know who knows what EA had for us to use- Crinrict checked it... Is 7.7 on the Windows Experience good?- my desktop is rated 5.7.

• TheBMhunterTheBMhunter Posts: 438 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I know who knows what EA had for us to use- Crinrict checked it... Is 7.7 on the Windows Experience good?- my desktop is rated 5.7.
    Yeah, 7.7 is pretty much top of the line or at least in the middle of mid range/high end.

They probably use Intel i5/7s, solid state drives,and mid range or higher graphics.
    wow-Draenei.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Is 7.7 on the Windows Experience good?- my desktop is rated 5.7.

I dont even know what this means!
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but this is what Simguru Ryan says, The sims 4 will run better on lower end machines than the sims 3.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a507006/the-sims-4-to-run-better-on-low-end-machines-than-sims-3-says-maxis.html
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:
    The only way that they can speed up the game's loading time is by adding less stuff to the game, and I seriously doubt that they will do that. The reason for that is us. We keep on asking them to add more to the game, and they add more. Slowing the loading time of the game down even further. I am surprised to learn that no one else has caught on to this, but me. :shock:

From what I've read, the biggest issue affecting load times has been the creation of many temp files in the downloads folder, which is especially problematic if you own a lot of store content. However, it was NOT like this before the release of Island Paradise, even with owning most of the store. So it doesn't have to do with adding more stuff, it has to do with the changes they made to prevent the launcher from uninstalling your store content.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited August 2013
    my game has always loaded slow ..the game runs fine but the load time is painful..I have hated the Sims3 in general and am looking forward to Sims4..fingers crossed its a lot more fun
    edited August 2013
    Jesski wrote:
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but this is what Simguru Ryan says, The sims 4 will run better on lower end machines than the sims 3.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a507006/the-sims-4-to-run-better-on-low-end-machines-than-sims-3-says-maxis.html

this is good news :) I really hate to upgrade just to play one game
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited August 2013
    My question is will it work well with Windows 8? My husband is a programmer who makes apps so we will need to switch to windows 8 soon for that.
  • 1fallqueen1fallqueen Posts: 529 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

My laptops & desktop are only a 5.9. It is the hard disk drive that keeps my rate that low. I wonder what they used for a drive?
  • 1fallqueen1fallqueen Posts: 529 Member
    edited August 2013
    Clk1143 wrote:
    My question is will it work well with Windows 8? My husband is a programmer who makes apps so we will need to switch to windows 8 soon for that.

I haven't run into any problems running TS3 on Windows 8 yet. Since it is the current Microsoft OS, I think they will do their best to make sure it works well with Windows 8.
  • ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping my graphics card which is the gtx 670 will be fine for the game.
    i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram