Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From Tumblr, but some of them may not be confirmed, though.

Comments

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2013
    very big mistake EA! I love my Create A Style and I would die if this isn't in Sims 4! Many simmers on here would NOT buy this game if Create A Style doesn't show in this game! it has to be in Sims 4! Please let it be in Sims 4!
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited August 2013
    If no CAS then I am not even going to consider buying it. Period
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2013
    Why are you people freaking out so much over these things. The game hasn't even had its 'big' reveal yet and people are being so rude and spoiled all over the forums.

From the pictures I've seen there are many of the same objects with all recolours and yes they may be pre set colours but you all need to stop thinking like the sims 3 and understand that things are changing and you need to move on.. It's not going to be what you think ( which to say doesn't mean it won't be there )

To be honest create a style was a great concept but a really annoying system.. textures took way to long to render even on high end computers and don't even get me started on the lag and I have a Intel i7 12g RAM with 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphic cards.

I just say wait till gamescom to get your facts before bashing a franchise you love over some bad translation or leaked images..
    and can I just say for those who are upset about the look of the sims.. this game was never about realism, there was not one time that the sims was real. the orgial name for the sims was 'doll house' I think a lot of people are forgetting what the sims actually is.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    Banksy33 wrote:
    Why are you people freaking out so much over these things. The game hasn't even had its 'big' reveal yet and people are being so rude and spoiled all over the forums.

From the pictures I've seen there are many of the same objects with all recolours and yes they may be pre set colours but you all need to stop thinking like the sims 3 and understand that things are changing and you need to move on.. It's not going to be what you think ( which to say doesn't mean it won't be there )

To be honest create a style was a great concept but a really annoying system.. textures took way to long to render even on high end computers and don't even get me started on the lag and I have a Intel i7 12g RAM with 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphic cards.

I just say wait till gamescom to get your facts before bashing a franchise you love over some bad translation or leaked images..
    and can I just say for those who are upset about the look of the sims.. this game was never about realism, there was not one time that the sims was real. the orgial name for the sims was 'doll house' I think a lot of people are forgetting what the sims actually is.

People have been freaking out about sims stuff since the original sims. As for CASt I don't care if it's in the game or not. I'd be happy with just picking from a few different options of "a bed or a chair" similar to how the sims 2 was. I certainly wouldn't call it deal breaker by any means. When playing the sims 3, I often find myself spending more time in CAS than playing the game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited August 2013

My theory is that Create-a-Style was too much of a resource hog. So, they're going to simplify it. You'll probably be allowed to change the colours, but not the patterns/textures.

That would be a bummer, in any case, but we'll see!
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    Banksy33 wrote:

well i honestly dont think im freakin out :)

also if helpful, sims 3 doesnt perform well with SLI if thats what you mean by 2x 680 in fact EA officially discourages the use thus disabling one card could be beneficial, also re i7 disabling hypering threading and confirming the game isnt using too much virtual memory could also help - and of course im a strong believer in nraas mods.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    Glic2003 wrote:
    My theory is that Create-a-Style was too much of a resource hog. So, they're going to simplify it. You'll probably be allowed to change the colours, but not the patterns/textures.

That would be a bummer, in any case, but we'll see!

If we were able to just change the color, then i'd be happy with that. I think that sims 3 tried to do too much and in the end it didn't work out as well as previous sims games. Kind of off topic but I'm wondering if collectables will make a return again. If they do make a return than I hope that they could be used to make jewelry or something.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    well i honestly dont think im freakin out :)

also if helpful, sims 3 doesnt perform well with SLI if thats what you mean by 2x 680 in fact EA officially discourages the use thus disabling one card could be beneficial, also re i7 disabling hypering threading and confirming the game isnt using too much virtual memory could also help - and of course im a strong believer in nraas mods.

Thanks for the tips ceejay :)

The main thing I'm excited for is judging by the few house pics I've seen the lighting has been fixed which means no more end of lot cut off.. the lamp on the side walk actually lights up the side of the house were as out door lights in the sims 3 only light one floor then cut off.. shadows from the balcony look really nice also.
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited August 2013
    I will most likely be buying the game anyway, CAS or no CAS; but it would be a major bummer no doubt.

Let's just wait for the live gameplay demo at Gamescom before making a final judgement.

It has been confirmed though that there will be a Sims 4 Exchange. And in a section in the mag they're actually heavily promoting the fact that the exchange will play a bigger role this time around to encourage players to share their unique creations with each other. Now, witout something like CAS it wouldn't be possible to make unique creations... well, not that unique.

Don't draw your conclusions too soon, EA could surprise us. I highly doubt they would even so much as dream of making such a big step backward; they know they'd lose many players if they did. They're probably just re-doing the feature - making it better or different.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think they must be changing CASt, not doing away with it entirely. I can't imagine they'd take away one of the most fun parts of TS3.

They're making the Sims' faces and bodies even more customizable, so it wouldn't make sense for them to make the furniture and clothes LESS customizable.

If they do away with CASt entirely, that would be a deal breaker for me, as well. And there isn't much that would make me NOT buy Sims 4, since I've already decided I have to have it.
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited August 2013
    CK213 wrote:

Dealbreaker.jpg

Pretty much End of Story for me if true.
    The Sims is a creativity tool for me and I get the benefit of playing with my creations.

I used to have to do so much laborious recoloring in TS2. TS3 style was a perfect solution. So if EA confirms this officially, there is no reason for me to entertain the thought of a TS4. I could just save my money and play TS2/TS3.

I couldn't agree more. Of course we have not heard this from EA, so I'm not going to take this as if it is absolute fact...yet. But if this is true, TOTAL deal-breaker for me.
  • ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't see why CAS couldn't only apply to the current household. I.E., within your current household you could access CAS and edit your sims outfits and homes with patterns and textures just like in Sims 3. But just have it that the other townies and other lots in the world work off the basic colour spectrum, red to blue. That way, textures and patterns don't have to be generated for every townie an every lot in the neighbourhood. That should reduce lag dramatically and renders CAS completely optional. No CAS= no deal. But I do reckon that its a translation error and CAS has simply been overhauled rather than thrown out. 8)
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited August 2013
    Im a pretty good builder and I dont care about CAS. So...Im not worried.
  • KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I highly, highly doubt CAST would be done away with. Just as many builders play this game as do people who like to "play" with the Sims. That would just be a POOR choice for EA to make.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited August 2013
    I read a summary of the article on a German forum. Unfortunately it seems to be true - no Create-A-Style. :cry:
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • 16Jenn16Jenn Posts: 254 Member
    edited August 2013
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    Copied and pasted the statement.

This informations are from the official german The Sims Magazin..which should be published on wednesday but some got it today.. So a german site published this informations but the articel got deleted after some minutes and I just remember some things:

Relationship between Player and Sim will be stronger
    Emotions are going to influence the whole day of a Sim: example: A sad artist will draw a tragic masterpiece and a angry athlete is going to work of his stress on the treadmill
    You can die from over emotions (?)
    You can customize your Sim like clay/knead:example: from extreme fat to extreme thin
    A closed room is like a block (?) and you can customize it.
    If you forget to use a foundation but you finsihed your house already. you can place it nevertheless without destroing your house.
    There’s somthing like a cataloge. If you like for example a kitchen you can place the whole kitchen in your house
    There wont be a Create a Style

But, you can go to check it out.

http://brokn-plumbob.tumblr.com/

WHAT NO CREATE A STYLE!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: NO THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE EA. BIG MISTAKE!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2013
    Without create a style and being able to change colors or textures of objects already in the game, people are going to want to get more objects and furniture for their game. And guess where you're going to get those?.... By buying them in the sims store. EA is still money hungry.
  • DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited August 2013
    No Create-A-Style is a deal breaker for me. I do a lot of building and not being able to change textures in addition to colors would take the joy out of building. I've tried going back to playing TS2, but can't and it's simply because there is no CAS.
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited August 2013
    Making money is kinda the point of starting a business. Businesses are around for that purpose.

I would be a bummer not having CASt, though.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    I read a summary of the article on a German forum. Unfortunately it seems to be true - no Create-A-Style. :cry:

tumblr_m6bmcgbj2e1rziwwco1_500.gif

EDIT:
    Wait, did you get to actually read it in German? Or did you read the one English summary that's been floating around?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm thinking along the lines of other simmers who think maybe it will be a separate program we can download and then make our own presets of furniture as we do now but not in game so it limits resources while in game?

Gamescom can't come quick enough
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like something they could possibly add in an EP.
  • lexilou23lexilou23 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Is it possible there won't be a Create A Style because they don't need it due to bringing back Bodyshop and incorporating that into the game?

Now you see, I would love this. Create A Style was tedious and annoying anyway, so I only ever used it for color adjustments because it was just a hassle.

Bodyshop, on the other hand, was extremely fun. Only time I ever took advantage of customization in The Sims.
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's one of the sacrifices of the new body morphing that we are getting. They explain that the stretching of the body parts warp the patterns and distort the way they look.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    Molie86 wrote:
    It's one of the sacrifices of the new body morphing that we are getting. They explain that the stretching of the body parts warp the patterns and distort the way they look.

Where did you find that info? I mean, I guess it makes a little sense and it explains why all of the clothes we've seen so far have been solid colors... Care to share your source, though?
    IHJCfa6.jpg