Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Showers?

Note:
Anything regarding babies/toddlers/children in The Sims can also be mentioned here.

I don't know why, but I've always wanted Baby Showers in The Sims!

Like, if you're female Sim became pregnant, you should be allowed to throw a party titled as a baby shower, or you could throw the party until the baby is a toddler. (Meaning you have until the baby is a toddler to throw the Baby Shower). And you would invite friends/families that would give your Sim gifts that go from a crib, to toys the baby can use when they are a child.

I don't know, I just think it would be a cute addition to the game(:
Anybody else agree or have any other thoughts/anything to add?

SimChic1 suggested that there should be baby registries, too, if they add it in where you can have Baby Showers(: She said you could go to the computer and there could be something like "Make/Edit Registry" then a thing comes up like there is when you are shopping for groceries. That way, guests bring you what you want, and you don't have to worry about duplicates of things you already bought, if any.

DurrDurr123 had suggested that when both parents are gone, you should be able to allow your toddler to have a "play date" with another family member or neighbor. Or if you just need a baby sitter, you should be allowed to have the Grandparents or a close friend watch the toddler instead of calling a baby sitter. Cause, let's face it, nobody calls a baby sitter as much as Sims do xP

Comments

• Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sounds good to me. :) more party options is always a plus for me.

and you don't have to worry about buying any baby stuff. Now you can save up for a brand new car. Lol
  • xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2013
    I LOVE this idea and hope they implement it. I love baby showers and my party loving sims would really appreciate this feature! What fun!
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I agree! More party options needed for TS4. :)
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'd love this but it would need to be implemented properly. I wouldn't want 6 friends all turning up with cribs to give me. :lol: I hope we get strollers in the base game and that the baby mat from Sims 2 makes a return for our recently re-limbed infants. *Nudges Sims 4 team* ;)
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2013
    I was so disappointed when TS3 didn't have baby showers :( Maybe when the guest give you presents, they can be stuff you can't usually buy through the game (without using the buydebug cheat) so that way, if you decide to buy something before the shower, you won't have to worry about a duplicate item :-) Oh, and the higher the relationship with the guest, the better the gift.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like this idea :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • TrueHeartRusherTrueHeartRusher Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad people love the idea!(:

I was pretty disappointed when TS3 didn't have Baby Showers. I was really hoping it would have them :S. Hopefully TS4 will!(:

@alexspoom13 - 6 cribs at once would be funny, yet annoying at the same time xP I use to play The Sims 2, but I don't fully remember the baby mat. But it would be nice for the babies to have more items, either way!

@Pandagirl9449 Lol exactly! Or taking over the town by buying/owning every building and park (If they will still include the feature)

@SimChic1 Agreed! And/or the wealthier, the better the gift as well.
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like this idea. :D

I'd love to have more party types and I agree with alexspoom13 that strollers should to be included in the base game.
    But TheSims team would need to add more stuff to the game for babies if there was to be a 'Baby' shower party type; swingers, baby monitors, baby baths etc. { like the ones in the store} in the base game, your inventory would just be piled up with cribs, teddy bears and posters.
    :shock:
  • missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Love it! also very doable! i would like them to add more things to do for pregnants.. like checkups, vitamins (to take in certain hour).. talk to their baby on the mirror.. maternity clases, getting advices from other sims too.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'd love that. It could be done in a similar way to the seasons winter gift party where a gift table spawns and attendees come in, place gifts and when you're ready, the mom to be clicks on it and only she opens the gifts. They'd all be baby or child related but could range in price and value.
  • jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    I was just commenting about this in another thread earlier today. This needs to happen... along with more playability for preggo sims and babies/toddlers.

I get so bored with pregnant sims and babies because they're so limited.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like this idea.

Add all the cute baby shower games...
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    As long as there are toys and helpful items you can only get this was, so as to make it worthwhile, I see no reason it can't be used by all players and be fun.
    edited August 2013
    I just came up with another idea. They could add registries. Your sim could go to the computer, click an option that could be something like "Make/Edit Registry" then a thing pops up like if you were shopping at the grocery store, and you can click off the items you want. That way, guest actually bring you stuff you want and you won't worry about duplicates.
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited August 2013
    That's a good idea! Baby showers would be fun.
  • xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    THIS and bridal showers would be GREAT. :) I'm definitely on board! Come on TS4 Team!
    edited August 2013
    SimChic1 wrote:
    I just came up with another idea. They could add registries. Your sim could go to the computer, click an option that could be something like "Make/Edit Registry" then a thing pops up like if you were shopping at the grocery store, and you can click off the items you want. That way, guest actually bring you stuff you want and you won't worry about duplicates.

Ooh yeah!(: I didn't even think about that!
    //Goes to edit it into front post// You'll get credit for it though :3
    xladyj wrote:
    THIS and bridal showers would be GREAT. :) I'm definitely on board! Come on TS4 Team!

Totally!(:
  • DurrDurr123DurrDurr123 Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just thought of another idea! I was thinking that if there are a group of teenage friends, idk at a sleepover or something, maybe they couple play 'truth or dare' or 'spin the bottle'. I would think that is what most teens do. The kids could perphaps play 'duck duck goose' idk about you but I think sims could use a couple more games! :D
  • clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013
    I always thought it'd be cool if you could buy diapers and formula, like how you have to buy groceries and if you didn't have it you would be charged. If there were baby showers you could get those as gifts O_O
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just thought of another idea! I was thinking that if there are a group of teenage friends, idk at a sleepover or something, maybe they couple play 'truth or dare' or 'spin the bottle'. I would think that is what most teens do. The kids could perphaps play 'duck duck goose' idk about you but I think sims could use a couple more games! :D

"Mother May I?" "What Time is it Mr.Wolf?" , Simon Says, for children.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013

Or maybe 7 minutes in heaven for teens XD
    edited August 2013
    SimChic1 wrote:

Ooh yeah!(: I didn't even think about that!
    //Goes to edit it into front post// You'll get credit for it though :3
    Go right ahead :wink:
    edited August 2013

That would be awesome and cute! {Cute going towards duck duck goose xD} There isn't very much children and teens can do, really. Adn I love having my Sims' legacy live on, so having children is something I love to have in my game. But, it gets boring quick :S I want Generations, don't know if I should get it or not htough.
  • DurrDurr123DurrDurr123 Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2013

That would be awesome and cute! {Cute going towards duck duck goose xD} There isn't very much children and teens can do, really. Adn I love having my Sims' legacy live on, so having children is something I love to have in my game. But, it gets boring quick :S I want Generations, don't know if I should get it or not htough.

GET IT!! IT DOES WONDERS!

Features Include:
    -Checking for monsters under the bed.
    -Strollers.
    -Reading your kid a bedtime story.
    -Strollers.
    -Pregnancy Interactions.
    -New Traits.
    -New lifetime goals.
    -Wedding supplys. Arches, cakes, etc.
    -Playground equipment.
    And much much more! It wont be boring, I promise you! You cannot play without it once you've started.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited August 2013
    @dur examples of pregancy interactions please?
    6adMCGP.gif