Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beds and Mattresses/Bed Frames in The Sims 4

Have you ever stumbled upon a bed that you absolutely LOVE in the Sims 3, but unfortunately, it only gives your sim a low energy of 2, 3, 4, or 5...?

There are some really nice cheap beds, but the only drawback IS the low energy they provide.

For example:

Say you decorated a beautiful bedroom, that includes a bed that only gives off a low energy of about 4. If you want your Sim to refill their energy faster, you need to get a more expensive bed, and then it might not even match to the rest of the furniture! :O

So... I think that in the Sims 4, it would be EXTREMELY convenient, if that, when we are purchasing bed's, we can also pick a MATTRESS as we buy it.

So basically, say you want to buy the cheapest bed that costs 100 simoleons, there would be multiple different mattresses that you can pick from when choosing that bed, that all range to a higher price.

This would be a neat feature, so that we could get the bed frames we want, but still be able to get the most amount of energy from it, without having to buy the most expensive bed.

I mean, in real life, people change mattress's all the time!

Does anyone know what I mean? Lol

In a short summery:

If you want the cheapest bed, but with the most energy, we would pay more for the "mattress"

So yes, basically, we wouldn't have to get the most expensive bed to get the most energy, instead, it's just like picking a bed frame, and then choosing a mattress.

Lol, sorry it was hard to explain! :) :P

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nice idea. It would make beds more customisable and that would be great.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nice idea. It would make beds more customisable and that would be great.

Yes! It definitely would!

Bed frames would range from cheap to high prices, but then you could choose any mattress you wanted, depending on how much $ you have, or if you just want a cheap bed frame, but get the most energy, etc, etc! :D
  • JackVerhaegJackVerhaeg Posts: 317 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I really like this idea! The sims could even get some kind of special boost from the extra comfy mattresses :P
  • LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    That would be really good!
  • cookiemonster88cookiemonster88 Posts: 605 Member
    edited August 2013
    yeh that's a great idea
    edited August 2013
    I really like this idea! The sims could even get some kind of special boost from the extra comfy mattresses :P

Yes, that's also a fantastic idea! :D

Another example:

Say you are designing a dorm room for your Sims, but ONLY want to use the University Life set to decorate the room, well, the University Life bed only gives about 5 energy points. And if you are experienced with University Life, you would know that a bed that gives 9 or 10 energy points, is VERY helpful to your Sims' Academic life! Unlike the the University Life bed that has your Sims sleeping forever, and not even well rested!

In my current game, my Sims are using University Life side tables, with the Diesel Stuff bed (because it gives off the most energy). Although, I wish I could use the University Life bed to match to the rest of the furniture, but the energy that it gives off is just too low for my Sims, and would have them sleeping foreverrrrrr! :P
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I like your solution, too.

Say, cheap bed frames might give no environment points, but they could work well as beds to sleep on. Expensive frames give environment bonuses, but not necessarily comfy points. 100% agree. This, is so simple, yet so needed for the game, imo.

Maybe you could even just buy a mattress and put it on the ground, for families with not enough money to buy a bed frame. If you had a bed frame I imagine the mattresses would snap onto the frame. I can totally see this.
  • PIXVIX20PIXVIX20 Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree and such a clever idea, would love them to incorporate this
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, great idea! Also, just thought of this, how about if they add customizable furniture? Like how you say the bed frame and mattress should be sold separately, I think the couches/sofas should have a separate pillow section where you buy and place the pillows anywhere on the couch. Mixing and matching this sort of thing would be great.

Also, OP, your siggy is hypnotizing as heck.
  • PIXVIX20PIXVIX20 Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2013
    sam123 wrote:
    Yes, great idea! Also, just thought of this, how about if they add customizable furniture? Like how you say the bed frame and mattress should be sold separately, I think the couches/sofas should have a separate pillow section where you buy and place the pillows anywhere on the couch. Mixing and matching this sort of thing would be great.

Yes decorative cushions :D I have so many stupid mods (some work, some not so much) so sofas can look a bit more individual, so yes I would love things like this too!
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ugh. That just means more pointless options that take forever, when really, I just want to get stuck into my game.
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:
    Ugh. That just means more pointless options that take forever, when really, I just want to get stuck into my game.

IMO, this is one of the few ideas that actually isn't just another pointless option that only a select group uses. If you just wanna get in game, just go to the matress section instead of the frame section and plop down a mattress. (if you could put them directly on the floor, which I hope you could) That way it's no more trouble than it currently is. Or, you could always just move into a premade house... :?
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2013
    sam123 wrote:

That would be awesome! How about also buying your Sim a separate blanket and pillow to put on their bed. It could boost their mood if you buy them a good pillow and blanket.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would love this!
    I weirdly love the old brass frame beds but they are the cheapest and most horrible in the game so I can't really use them...

I was thinking this exact thing! Cool someone said it first.
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'd love this! Or maybe you buy the bed as is, and then later on can upgrade it to be more comfortable like how you can upgrade the tv or the stove. :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    Been asking for this for years. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:

IMO, this is one of the few ideas that actually isn't just another pointless option that only a select group uses. If you just wanna get in game, just go to the matress section instead of the frame section and plop down a mattress. (if you could put them directly on the floor, which I hope you could) That way it's no more trouble than it currently is. Or, you could always just move into a premade house... :?

Who are you to tell me that I can't furnish my own houses because I simply don't like the idea of a mattress feature?
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:

Who are you to tell me that I can't furnish my own houses because I simply don't like the idea of a mattress feature?

I am asdfthesims. 8)
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:

I am asdfthesims. 8)

Win.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is a fantastic idea. I have been frustrated with this myself. Kudo's to you.
  • magpie56pmagpie56p Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2013
    Great idea! :D Both the mattress idea and the couch cushion idea another member had. I've always wished for both of these things in my game.

I managed to pull both of the ideas off in Sims2 with mods, but Sims3 is trickier with mods, don't like to use them in Sims3, weighs the game down too much IMO.
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:

Huh? I don't understand what you're saing asdfthesims?
    Anyways, thanks everyone for taking the time to read this thread, and I'm glad so many of you agree, and the idea of blankets, and pillow's is also amazing!

I have a real life story/example to share with y'all, if y'all want to hear! :P

My parents have a VERY COMFORTABLE mattress, and a very nice queen bed frame. I, also have a nice bed frame (cheaper obviously because it's only a single bed) My mattress, cost less as well. But listen up. On Friday night, I went to bed at 5am (lol I was playing Sims 3, because I didn't play in weeks!) and so, my parent's weren't home, so I decided to sleep in their bed. I woke up at 10:30am. (5 and a half hours later). When I woke up, I wasn't even tired, I was well rested! But if I slept in my bed for 5 hours, and woke up at 10:30am, I would be EXHAUSTED!!! :( I would be really tired, because my mattress isn't that good.

So, perhaps I should get a better mattress for my bed, to get a better sleep. Just like in real life, why would I HAVE to buy a different bed frame, just to get a better mattress? I don't! lol! It makes sense, as it would in the Sims, just updating your mattress, but keeping the same bedframe. Know what I mean? :P
  • meridianheartsmeridianhearts Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2013
    great idea! the comfort level of the beds really clash with my decorative ideas. this customization will definitely help!
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like this idea.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited May 2014
    a better mattress option for any kind of bedframe is what i wish since Sims1, maybe we get it finally with Sims4 :wink:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top