Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unistalling Origin...

I've already read forums that I dont need Origin to play Sims 3 and packs. I never had a problem with it until I let it update. Afterwards, my game kept crashing. I feel like Origin has something to do with it. So I went to uninstall it and it says I may not be able to play certain EA games if I do. I just want some conformation. I already uninstalled it but I can download it again. Please tell me there's no problems with your game. :?

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you have digital downloads or ever want to update your game, you need Origin. It isn't the reason for crashing, it does not need to be running to play unless you have digital downloads that you launch via Origin.

So, lets see what might be causing the crash.

Please post your DXDIAG report.

1) Click Start (Skip this step on Windows 8 )
    2) Click Run (Or Windows key + R)
    3) Enter in the Open field : dxdiag
    4) Hit Enter or click OK If you have a 64 bit OS please choose to run the 64 bit DXDIAG by clicking the "Run 64 Bit" on the opening screen of DXDIAG.

The DXDiag panel opens. It has tabs for a number of details on your PC. Above you see DxDiag opened on the display tab.
    Notice the 'Save All Information' button at the bottom. Clicking this button will save all dxdiag information into a text file. Once you have saved all the information, open the file and copy all contents of it into the post in which you explain your problem.

If the site gives you an error, split the report into two posts.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • leonyjianmuleonyjianmu Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you have digital downloads or ever want to update your game, you need Origin. It isn't the reason for crashing, it does not need to be running to play unless you have digital downloads that you launch via Origin.

So, lets see what might be causing the crash.

Please post your DXDIAG report.

1) Click Start (Skip this step on Windows 8 )
    2) Click Run (Or Windows key + R)
    3) Enter in the Open field : dxdiag
    4) Hit Enter or click OK If you have a 64 bit OS please choose to run the 64 bit DXDIAG by clicking the "Run 64 Bit" on the opening screen of DXDIAG.

The DXDiag panel opens. It has tabs for a number of details on your PC. Above you see DxDiag opened on the display tab.
    Notice the 'Save All Information' button at the bottom. Clicking this button will save all dxdiag information into a text file. Once you have saved all the information, open the file and copy all contents of it into the post in which you explain your problem.

If the site gives you an error, split the report into two posts.
    okay, but everytime i open sims 3 launcher, it says unable to connect to orgin and im even signed in when i open it. why is that?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    It might not be able to find Origin on your computer if you deleted it and haven't reinstalled it yet.

Also occasionally it says that anyway. It may be you need to clear your browser caches. Or it is possible Origin isn't up to date or is at a different patch level than your game.

Do you have any new text files in your Sims 3 folder that might be error logs. If you have one you might post it here too just in case someone can see something in it to tell us what is going wrong.

Good luck with the adventure of finding out why it isn't working for you at the moment.
  • leonyjianmuleonyjianmu Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    It might not be able to find Origin on your computer if you deleted it and haven't reinstalled it yet.

Also occasionally it says that anyway. It may be you need to clear your browser caches. Or it is possible Origin isn't up to date or is at a different patch level than your game.

Do you have any new text files in your Sims 3 folder that might be error logs. If you have one you might post it here too just in case someone can see something in it to tell us what is going wrong.

Good luck with the adventure of finding out why it isn't working for you at the moment.

my computer says origin isnt even installed but i re-installed it 2 times.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013
    hey leonyjianmu

just to confirm u reinstalled origin but u dont have the origin launcher. try running register cleaner and then try reinstalling again.

many use this one: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner