Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone else who has Pets had a Riffin child with pinkish coloured hair?

I let my avatar breed with Calvin, the eldest Riffin, as part of my genetics challenge. He has the Surrounded by Family LTW, which makes him ideal as a baby daddy. When their first daughter was born, she had all of her mother's facial features, with Calvin's skin tone and eye colour and also..... pink hair :shock:. I'm not sure whether or not it comes from one of Calvin's deceased parents..

Comments

• Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think there's a chance at a 'mutation', meaning the child can get a random feature that you don't see in the parents. (excluding skin tone I think, else we would have seen more crazy stories about that)
    It might be limited to the presets you have in your game, not sure. If so you could add a bunch of colorful hair presets to raise the chance of colorful children showing up.
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Effix79 wrote:
    I think there's a chance at a 'mutation', meaning the child can get a random feature that you don't see in the parents. (excluding skin tone I think, else we would have seen more crazy stories about that)
    It might be limited to the presets you have in your game, not sure. If so you could add a bunch of colorful hair presets to raise the chance of colorful children showing up.

Good point, although I've heard cases of his younger sister Chantrelle passing on the same pinkish colour to her kids, so that made me wonder if it came from the grandparents.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    Both of Calvin's parents have pinkish orange hair so, combines with your sim, that's probably how it happens.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Both of Calvin's parents have pinkish orange hair so, combines with your sim, that's probably how it happens.

Here's the toddler in question. Is his parents hair a similar colour?

Screenshot-16_zpsc21993ea.jpg
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    edited May 2013
    She is so cute...love the pink hair.