Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who thinks we should get a refund for Aurora Skies ?

Comments

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited February 2013
    I bought the gold edition, and I am completely happy with everything. I think the world is beautifully done and I love all the content it came with.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    They're not gonna be offering any refunds on digital downloads. If they did, I think a lot of people would ask for refunds and continue to use the content. It simply doesn't work that way. Sorry the OP is unhappy. I'm actually liking AS the more time I spend there.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    Nah. I would prefer a refund on Barnacle Bay I bought at my local store two years ago. But ya know. #Dealwithit

Deal_With_It.jpg

By the way, you won Aurora Skies over in GG :)
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited February 2013
    lydiad206 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    Nah. I would prefer a refund on Barnacle Bay I bought at my local store two years ago. But ya know. #Dealwithit

Deal_With_It.jpg

By the way, you won Aurora Skies over in GG :)

Yeah I kinda realised xD
    Heh, I'm giving it away to my dear friend though :P
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    HIGHTIMES809HIGHTIMES809 Posts: 972 Member
    edited February 2013
    No, but I think you should be forced to give something to those people whose creations you stole and used as your own.
    booooo hoooo cry me a river
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited February 2013
    No, but I think you should be forced to give something to those people whose creations you stole and used as your own.
    Get a life flubber.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    As pathetic as the HAB was, no I don't think anyone who purchased Aurora Skies is entitled to a refund. Before you spend $40 on something, watch a review. Done.
  • Options
    CherushiisanCherushiisan Posts: 77
    edited February 2013
    I personally like the world.

I had 2100 points, then bought another card. Nothing else in the store stood out to me, so I just went ahead and bought the gold. The daycare items are pretty nice.

I thought Sunlit Tides was a huge disappointment, but I wouldn't ask for my money back. I bought it, I'm stuck with it. :lol:
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2013
    No, absolutely not! I got the gold version and I love every bit of it!

I cannot understand your deal? What did you expect? It's a S T O R E item, not an expansion pack. What is with you and all these threads against this world?

Seriously, you need to take a break. Have a nice cup of tea and go for a walk. Do some deep breathing exercises and then take another look at it.

geez :roll:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited February 2013
    I agree with everyone that said you should know what you are buying BEFORE you buy it...and no one says you have to have anything from the store...it's optional...you are well within your right to say you don't like it...but there was plenty of information out there to give you a heads up on whether or not you should have purchased AS...also...if you aren't sure...do what another simmer here said and wait to see the reviews...you don't have to jump in and buy everything from the store the second it is released...personally I like the world and I am having a great time starting a new legacy there...
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love the world and the content :D ...no one was forced to buy this world u hit the buy button on your own free will so play it or don't either way the 40 bucks is long gone!!! and to keep posting NEGATIVE THREADS about it WILL NOT make the simPoints re-appear ...have you ever heard the term "stuck between a rock and hard place??"
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    No refunds.

Between the chat, the pictures, the reviews, all the forum comments about it, and you still don't know what you were getting when you bought the world (and assume such because you are asking for a refund). That does not seem like EA's fault or problem.

Yeah the HAB was disappointing for those who were wanting a lot more. But they addressed that before for those that wanted to pay attention, what its limits were (although they did have to have it dragged out of them I admit) and plenty of people have said so afterwards.

So if the issue was that you were so fascinated by "oh shiny new must have immediately" before being sure you'd like it or not, that's more a compulsive buyer issue than an issue of what the store is offer.

Sorry to not sugar coat it at all, you're probably a great person and all that. I'm not usually this blunt or direct but as you can tell it's got me irked. hopefully next time you'll think twice and pay attention to or research what you're getting before you get it.

Okay, pulling claws back in. Said my piece.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    bootie101bootie101 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2013
    my daughter has it and I think it's great.. the toddler stuff is the best IMO especially when you have the daycare profession
  • Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited February 2013
    There are no refunds with TS3 store unless it is a programming error (where I was forced to buy like 20 goodie boxes - it was resolved with a chat.) If you want a specific answer to your question or concern, go through the process of the chat and talk to someone on the business end of the store. The gurus on here are on the creative end.

Beyond that, TS3 has a cult-like following and you have to realize that the chats and blogs and whatnot are just tossing a t-bone to the tigers. They're NOT meant to convey any solid information about the products. If you're the kind of person who has expectations of what you buy (some people will buy it because they want to own the whole store and some can spend a few hundred on points without even caring about it) then wait for reviews from those who are going to buy the item regardless.

Everyone has their own playing style and TS3 Store and forums are this strange social environment where it's pretty rare for people to be unhappy with something and have anyone else be reasonable. Everything is wonderful, idyllic, perfect and amazing. Unless he/she doesn't have something that they want. Then we shift. I do like that you were honest about how you felt and it really sucks that you obviously didn't realize how this works. But you took one for the team and saved the money for some people who were on the fence. That's as good as it gets.

Right now the people from TS3 (stores and expansions) have been working hard to meet the requests of fans. The BEST way to get what you want from the store is to ask for it. When you post multiple threads with a complaint, it gets in the way of the threads where people are requesting things. So, not only are you getting shafted but you're shafting other people who've already learned this lesson. Go check out the request threads and sign the petitions for the things that match your playing style or consider starting one of your own. If you are CONSTRUCTIVE with criticism in the form of a request, it totally changes things.

• Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wont be buying this world and would have been disappointed if I had , but I waited and watched a few reviews before deciding that it wasnt for me and the premium content wasnt worth the exorbitant cost

Maybe next time hanging on and reading/watching some youtube reviews should be the way to go for you too , that way you will never feel bad about spending money on something
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I just watched reviews on it. I know what I'm getting into if I buy it.

You bought it, and I assume you're an adult, so you know how to make informed and intelligent decisions, and you want EA to refund you for your choice, or lack of self control and ability to make proper decisions?

Wow. This thread is a little weird and funny in a "I pity you" sort of way.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

:lol:
    :twisted:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Get a life flubber.
    your my cheerleader now . wow give me a cheer.
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Get a life flubber.
    your my cheerleader now . wow give me a cheer.
    L-U-V, Madonna! Y-O-U, you wanna!
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    7x1_Charlie_barf_blood.gif
  • Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think not. Bought whom wanted. It was not forced or deceived. He had photographs showing a live chat over the world ... Finally certainly not.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2013
    There were some dissapointments with Aurora Skies, we were mislead for sure. The live chat glossed over the fact that the HAB did not actually fly, and there have been issues with dirty snow.

I found it a dreary place, I didnt like the light. Ive played for too long in Lucky Palms, which is just wonderful.

EA hold us to ransom on the premium items with the Gold version, I think thats unfair. They want a lot of money for what is really a minor add on to the game. A world easily costs more than a full blown expansion pack.

But the bottom line is, no one made us part with our money for Aurora Skies, and its not like EA have never hyped up somthing before only to find that things are not what they seem. There was huge hype around Monte Vista, and beautiful though it is it has issues that makes it difficult to play.

Its a case of buyer beware, dont jump in and buy stuff on the first day of release, see what other players have to say.

I dont believe we should get a refund though, but we should be more wary of new content. Learn form your mistakes! EA have a track record of misleading and hyping.

I do think gold versions of worlds are way too expensive, but we know that when we buy it, that doesnt entitle us to a refund unfortunatly.

• Options
    mja017mja017 Posts: 289 New Member
    edited April 2013
    The most hilarious part of this thread is the fact that I remember getting out of class on the day Aurora Skies was released and recall reading and commenting on SEVERAL comments and multiple threads by this very same OP (hightimes809 [threads no longer exists] very rudely complaining about how upset he was at EA because Aurora Skies had not been released yet, despite that the store team never gives us a specific release time, they give us release dates.

What a jerk.

I'm sure he'll be singing the same exact tune once this new world is released.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mja017 wrote:
    The most hilarious part of this thread is the fact that I remember getting out of class on the day Aurora Skies was released and recall reading and commenting on SEVERAL comments and multiple threads by this very same OP (hightimes809 [threads no longer exists] very rudely complaining about how upset he was at EA because Aurora Skies had not been released yet, despite that the store team never gives us a specific release time, they give us release dates.

What a jerk.

I'm sure he'll be singing the same exact tune once this new world is released.
    There is my cheerleader .
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think it's important to be clear on why you're buying something, and to do your research to learn if it's worth the asking price or not. For me, I was buying the PC items. I wanted the stuff for toddlers and that's the whole reason I bought the world. Yup, it's pricey for that stuff, but it's they only way I could see my toddlers interact with each other! Yup, I'm annoyed that it took PC items for EA to give us even the slightest interaction between toddlers, but that's a whole other complaint :wink: In short, I knew exactly what I wanted and chose to pay the very high price for it. I found out later about the dirty snow issue, but I had already gotten my money's worth (in my opinion) from the PC items, so it didn't bother me so much. Now I'm playing a family there and it's fun for that particular family.

I highly doubt any store world will ever top Lucky Palms, which is where I usually play. But for a change of pace, I do enjoy Aurora Skies. I don't feel it was the best store world by any means, but I don't regret buying it.

However, I would like to add that I bought it after it had been out for a while and all the issues were known because I read the forums before buying. If I'd gotten it on release day, I'd have been pretty upset. But I haven't purchased anything on release day since the Stone's Throw Greenhouse that wasn't a greenhouse. I am more than a little upset with the Store in general and now I will only buy what I know to be functional, and I do not buy on release day. I never will again. I am overly cautious of the Store now, because they've betrayed my trust too many times to count.

You cannot trust EA, and that is something every Sims player ought to know very, very well by now. Sad to say, but true.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.