Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Few Cinema Pics

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    The more I play it the more I like it.

That's how I feel too! :D The venue is so nicely decorated! Very 1930's. I like your pics LetterM! :D

I hope you don't mind if I post some of my pics here? I want to post them here because, well... I like your picture threads! :D

I was so excited to get the venue because I was planning on making a theatre venue and I had a specific lot designated for it: I was so happy to find out it was 40x40 because that's the size of the lot! :D It fits so perfectly too, it's like it was made for that space! I have a bridge that leads up to the lot and the semetrical style of the venue sits exactly right. I've just started to work on the area, it sits across the canal from my city and it's kind of an artistic, creative, jazzy district.

screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

It just fits so neatly and lines up with the road! I just wish the features would show when I'm on the other side of the bridge.

I love these posters!

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I thought I'd choose my ragtime family to explore the venue, I picked them an apartment across the canal where they had a view of the theatre.

screenshot_original.jpg

Mae told Cal she'd like to get to know him better, so he took her to see a romantic comedy (he didn't really like it... it's not his sort of thing)

screenshot_original.jpg

The both got a 'feeling frisky' moodlet and went to the back of the room for a bit of a flirt!!! <3

screenshot_original.jpg

This is a random pic of the curtains because I liked them! :lol:

screenshot_original.jpg

Meanwhile my other sim, Ruby, had disappeared (she had different tickets). I found her playing the computer in a dingy office. That's no place for a sim dressed like that!!! I sent her off for a juice in the nice garden area at the back of the lot.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Then Cal decided to show off how brave he was and went to watch a Horror movie, he got a scared very scared moodlet which I thought was hilarious! I'm definitely adding a few ghosts and secret passages to this lot! :lol:

Aaaaaaaaand... that's as far as I got because my game crashed! It's being naughty this week. :roll:

But I think the venue is great!!! :D
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited March 2013
    clawclash wrote:
    I was wondering why do you have to turn off free will :-)
    Because when Free Will is on Sims will get up and move around, and get up form the movie. But with Free Will on they'll stay and watch the movie. :)

@Cinderelli: Great pics! Your town is shaping up great, the Cinema looks awesome there. :D Do you have your copy of Uni yet? I got my email yesterday so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.
  • Options
    clawclashclawclash Posts: 23 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks very much love all the pics :-)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow...
    It looks fantastic, I wasn't expecting clothes or the ticket system. EA's Store Team really have outdone themselves with this and I will wishlist it for now and definitely pick this up when I can.

I want to build a small working theater in the basement under the theater rabbithole in Aurora Skies. :)
  • Options
    KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2013
    Awesome pics, you just convinced me to buy it. Thanks :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    YW everyone! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I may have missed this if it was answered already - it's really late here... What lot type is this set as? I heard some mention they were changing it to a Hangout to get more people.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I may have missed this if it was answered already - it's really late here... What lot type is this set as? I heard some mention they were changing it to a Hangout to get more people.
    Visitors Allowed.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have my sims free will setting high but as yet I have experienced no major issues with her purchasing a ticket and sitting through a film :)
    I have placed Le Cinema Plumbob in my University world [I added a Snow Cone Machine and a Barista Bar] I love this venue, the decor is gorgeous!
    Here are just a few pictures of my sim using it.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Note. My Son has started a build using the items from the new Le Cinema Plumbob. He is creating a Cinema Complex with a plush modern decor. He has been working on his cineplex this weekend and is a third of the way through. He will keep working on it during the week in-between school and studying :) I will post a download link and pictures when he has completed it :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited March 2013
    O no! *covers eyes* Stop your making me want it more and more...! :shock: :lol: No but fantastic photos all, the venue looks absolutely stunning and I'm glad to see so many of you enjoying it.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Kate, were you able to just place this in the Uni world, or did you have to use a cheat to place it there?

Very excited to see what he does with this set!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2013
    Kate how did you get your sim to eat the snowcone at the theater chair?
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited March 2013
    I went through and added the glass roofs from the Greenhouse and opened up the roof for a dance club.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited March 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

I just love this picture! :thumbup:
    I went through and added the glass roofs from the Greenhouse and opened up the roof for a dance club.

Okay, this is not the first time I've said this, but....I want to live in whatever kind of town has a theater like that! :P Is it so wrong to want to be a sim...?
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great photos everyone. Thank you for sharing. I'm still on the fence about buying it because I don't have any 40x40 lots in Aurora Skies and some other towns to place other venues of the same size. It's frustrating.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like the glass roof on the cinema.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Kate, were you able to just place this in the Uni world, or did you have to use a cheat to place it there?

Very excited to see what he does with this set!

Hello Jillyson_Twozaks_1 :) I simply went to 'edit town' while in the university world and placed it :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Kate how did you get your sim to eat the snowcone at the theater chair?
    While controling her, I had her make herself a snowcone, then I entered the theatre and clicked on the TV to start a movie then I made her sit down. She then proceeded to eat her snowcone all by herself :)
    Note. My sims freewill settings are high if this matters.
    rnKEhBT.png