Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited February 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Took them out to patch
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Most of Twallan's, but took them out to patch
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Took them out
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? took them out and had not put them back yet when the glitch occurred
    5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ? Just patch 1.50
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Started a new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New CAS Made Sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Twinbrook
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. All EPs and SPs I have are Physical CDs

I got an opportunity to give psychic help to the police, and after my Sim went down to the police station and came out, the "completed Opportunity" music repeatedly played for almost an Sim hour until I right clicked on the Opportunity to get rid of it. The Opportunity tracker still said that she needed to go to the police station even though she had just come out of the police station.

Edit to add info. My Sim was in the Ghost Hunter Profession when she got the opportunity (I wanted to see if the Ghost Hunter glitch was fixed.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DrguyksDrguyks Posts: 164 Member
    edited February 2013
    I got an opportunity to give psychic help to the police, and after my Sim went down to the police station and came out, the "completed Opportunity" music repeatedly played for almost an Sim hour until I right clicked on the Opportunity to get rid of it. The Opportunity tracker still said that she needed to go to the police station even though she had just come out of the police station.

Edit to add info. My Sim was in the Ghost Hunter Profession when she got the opportunity (I wanted to see if the Ghost Hunter glitch was fixed.)

Oops, I skipped the part where you deleted it. My mist.
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hello, i am playing a clean vanilla world on clean folder made specifically for AS. I am playing the Beakers which is the Legacy family of AS, and made by EA games. There is not a drop of CC other then what has come with that world. I run all Expansions and SP minus 70, 80 and 90s.

Here is my Comp specs..
    System Information
    Time of this report: 2/7/2013, 05:31:05
    Machine name: LYNDA-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire M3970
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/17/12 18:10:13 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8158MB RAM
    Page File: 2402MB used, 13909MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 660
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84231043&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4042 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
    Shared Memory: 2047 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: HP 2509 Series Wide LCD Monitor
    Monitor Model: HP 2509
    Monitor Id: HWP283B
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HDMI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.1090 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.1090
    DDI Version: 11

I have tested a whole sim year using the new patch and here are the bugs that i have noticed in my game. All of my games have only been installed since Dec 25 also.

I am running no mods atm but usually run all of twailens mods and some CC mods from MTS. I also have another CC ridden Sims 3 folder with the player made world New York which i love to play, but the current folder I am testing this patch with is clean with no mods or CC and very little store content.

Bugs

My sims read too much and have a lot of books in their inventory perhaps is normal and i am use to onceread taking care of this for me. But honestly if it is normal EA should know its highly annoying.

My two adult sims each have a book stuck in their inventory which is none clickable.

My toddler read an invisible book on the floor beside the bookshelf.

Horses spawn in a world when they are disabled.

leaves that fall on the ground in the fall do not vanish, they are still there in the spring and all the neighbourhood lots and npc lots are messy because of this, I find this highly annoying.

I always have one deer in the town that becomes invisible and this is not because my graphics card is terrible, my card is great quality.

There is no opition for my teen sims to find a part time job. They simply can not find one.

The school bus still picks kids up on a snow day.

If you order a singer for a party she get interupted during her peformance and can not sing.

Finally, yes, i was invited to a party a the end of winter and i was in swim wear, This could be bacause my winter was adjusted to 10 days instead of the default 7 days.

I hope these help you and hope i did not repeat bugs that have been already posted. I just wanted to inform you about this since my game is newly installed and totally clean, plus my machine is so far above the base requirements it can not be my hard ware it has to be the game itself. Hope this helps.
  • sue6point7bsue6point7b Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @sue6point7b: The gifting system seems wonky at. Do you have issues with any of them ?

I have tested with 2 of my friends and the issues are with the new gifts that were released with 1.50, not the "normal" old ones.

My friend S can send all gifts to friend L (both 1.50 release ones and the old ones) - and vice versa
    I can send all gifts to both friends (both 1.50 release ones and the old ones)
    The problem occurs when my friends try to send the new 1.50 release gifts to me, the options are greyed out, but they have no problem sending the standard old gifts.

It just seems weird that I can send the new gifts to them, but they can´t send them to me.

Sue :)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    @rosahege: Is it the same house you used before with new Sims and are you still getting new onmiplants ?

@Ricalynn: I'll add

@Snakefire30: There was one other report on that. Was the police station a multi or single rabbithole ?

@Drguyks: I'm going ahead and assume your issue is solved

@svlyn

- Sims always seem overly-obessed with certain activities and they always get new books. That's how it's always been but seeing your other issue, there might be more to that. I'll add
    - The option only stops adoption, not strays.
    - Yes, Graham said it was due to mods but I know it's not. I'll put on the not fixed list with a note
    - I'll add
    - Not on the rabbitholes or the newspaper ?
    - Yeah, that has been the case from the beginning. Should be in the Seasons bug thread
    - I'll add
    - I'll add

@sue6point7b
    - I'll add that extra info

----

I won't have too much time this weekend, frankly none at all tomorrow until the evening. Today is the last day we can go skiing, weather seams to clear up again, tomorrow we'll be leaving here but have to make a few stops on the way home (yeah, I can go pick up my new power supply so I should be on my regular laptop soon).

I'll check back in tonight and do the adding before I go to bed. Not much time right now.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2013
    @svlyn

- Sims always seem overly-obessed with certain activities and they always get new books. That's how it's always been but seeing your other issue, there might be more to that. I'll add
    - The option only stops adoption, not strays.
    - Yes, Graham said it was due to mods but I know it's not. I'll put on the not fixed list with a note
    - I'll add
    - Not on the rabbitholes or the newspaper ?
    - Yeah, that has been the case from the beginning. Should be in the Seasons bug thread
    - I'll add
    - I'll add

thank you for responding. My teens can not see part time jobs over rabbitholes. Not sre about the paper i will have to look this when i get home and report later.

Have a great time away from sims. We all appreciate what you do. Take care.
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey Guys, Was building today and found a bug in the terrain paints.
    There were two supernatural foot paths, One with darker lines looks like its uneven, then a even version.
    The darker one is there, other had gone missing.. upon inspecting I selected the Light asphalt square brush.. paints as a round brush with this missing paint texture! :shock:

Feel free to check this for yourself if you have supernatural. I have all expansions installed and installed the super patch yesterday.

more info..

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)Yes I took them out upon installing the patch
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No mods are installed.
    5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ? Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? NA
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 8
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD basegame, Downloaded Xpacs.

Other then this, No other issues.. Loving the patch, Cant wait for UL! :)
  • ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wasn't the bug where sims dance with the door supposed to be fixed? Like they go through the door then turn around and glitch going back through the door again then finally going through the door as intended.

Specifically this part "Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways."

It's gotten better, yes, but my sims still do it. Just not as bad as before. This is with the walls down. Is there something I am missing? I do have some of Twallan's mods but I removed the old ones, redownloaded the new patch ones so they are all updated.

Also since installing the patch my game lags something fierce. Anyone else having this issue?
  • SimGirl21SimGirl21 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited February 2013
    In my game, when the message come out, It says There is a sale at !, enjoy the 50% off, something like that. I remember that was in Late Night, but I don't have that anymore.I think the bug is back. Can you check that out if your game says that too? I live in the new world that just came out. It didnt happen before until I install the patch. Also my sims work, but i dont see the arrows like its going up.. It just go up..
  • RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited February 2013
    Two sims that sleep in the same room, one keeps waking up the other for no reason, they have the alarm clock symbol and its says noisy sim???
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
    edited February 2013
    The police station in Twinbrook is a single rabbit hole.
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2013
    @snakefire & Crin -- Since Supernatural came out, Sims have been getting that opportunity because of their supernaturalness or skill but it only completes for those in the fortune teller career. Since your Sim was a ghost hunter, you should have never received it.
    edited February 2013
    Hey back again..

My teen can get a job on the computer and from the newpaper just not the rabbit holes directly.

I retested my singer this morning and he came and did not reset. Even tried hiring a in my previousely played MV world that and the hire singer works perfectly so i would remove that as a glitch.

Thanks again.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    Ricalynn wrote:
    @snakefire & Crin -- Since Supernatural came out, Sims have been getting that opportunity because of their supernaturalness or skill but it only completes for those in the fortune teller career. Since your Sim was a ghost hunter, you should have never received it.

My Sim was a normal human, but had been increasing her logic skill for the Ghost Hunter Career logic requirement.
  • azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi

I've notice that when my Sims kids are taking Scouting for after school activity, and then the message comes up saying - it's time to go to school/gym to get their badging award for scouting - when I click on the school/stadium - there's no option for them to go to school/stadium to attend the badging ceremony. The message doesn't give a "specific" time to attend" - but after awhile, I get a (not the exact wording here) "your sim miss the ceremony", but the badge later appears in their inventory.
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hello Crin, I may have a CAW bug to report.

I was making waterfalls in CAW, and used the Edit in Game feature to make sure they looked okay. I cannot unpause while in EIG though, so I can't see the animations. :(

My post:http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/649455.page#10333424

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? currently not using
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? CAW
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? n/a
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? n/a
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

Thanks for taking time to do this thread again! I hope you and your family enjoy your skiing. I have never been skiing yet, it's on my list to do someday! :)
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2013
    My sims won't change into their outerwear even though it is snowing and they are not getting the cold moodlet.

The only mods I have are the skip intro and sparkle build. I actually took them out and it is still happening.

They change in their outerwear as long as time is regular. If I use ultra speed through current action (4) they will not change after that. As a matter of fact (4) is acting like ultra speed (3). It won't stop after the current action is done.

My game was fine after the update. I did a build and used moveobjects on to move a sleeping sim out of my way. I've done that before and not had a problem...I won't do that again.

I've also evicted the family but then moved them right back in the house. I didn't know I needed to put them in the save bin first. I'm going to try that next to see if that will help.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    @Banksy33: I'll add

@ScaperClaudia: Yes, it's supposed to be fixed. I'll add

For lags: Use the cheat Resetsim *

@SimGirl21: Not sure what you are talking about. Please also answer the questions in the second post and remove any mods you might have

@Rubysim: Is the other Sim in a band or plays an instrument ? There is a bug in LN that kinda sticks the music to the Sim even though they're not playing anymore. Let them play the instrument again and it should go away.

Could also please answer the questions in the second post.

@Snakefire30: I'll add it with Ricalynn extra info

@svlyn: Ok, thanks. I do remember having issues with the part time jobs on the rabbit holes for a while now. Not sure if it has something to do with the afterclass activities (like when they overlap). Does your teen have an afterclass activity ?

@azul662: Is it a Multi Rabbithole ? Please also answer the questions in the second post.

@Nirar22: I'll add that. I don't check the CAW forum so please post back if you know more about this.

@bngbedard: Do they have the never cold LTR ? I'll add though

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• rosahegerosahege Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @rosahege: Is it the same house you used before with new Sims and are you still getting new onmiplants ?
    It is a family and lot from a saved game. I never had this omniplant-stuck-in-inventory issue before patch 1.50.
    edited February 2013
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) No
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? I dont have mods
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? pre-made sims name Agnes Crumblebottom, moved her over to AS
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA

I found a picture of the problem i'am having. It was an existing bug of night life. It's in AS too. How can i fix this problem?
    untitled.png

• CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited February 2013
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New and Existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-mades
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA

No arrows showing increase or decrease in job performance.

It increases, but you don't see the arrows anymore. The ones in the Needs panel are fine.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited February 2013
    passing on a message from crin she will be answering tomorrow evening liam is causing issues
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited February 2013
    No mods...
    1.50 patch

I'm playing in BP and three times in a row now my game has gone frozen, despite BP and my game running better than ever. I know my sim had her lifetime happiness rewards last night when I played because I did her first singing gig and she was awesome thanks to in part her engaging reward amongst 4 others. Now I have none, but my total reward number says 77,500 like it should, but my rewards are gone.

I have used "CAS" cheats on her.

I just used resetSim. I dont know when exactly this happened.

Offering it here because I've never seen this happen in Sims 3 before.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2013
    Only one sim can be assigned a bed. It isnt possible for two sims to be assigned the same bed especially with unplayable roomates even when its one double bed and there best friends. I think this is a bug.
    edited February 2013
    Yes, and the one CLM1227 said about the arrows not showing in job performance. I got that same problem..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top