Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    I'm glad it's working on my Opera. This thread would be useless if I weren't able to edit.

Is it just this thread or all the forums ?

Crin, I use Mozilla Firefox, and I can still edit my posts (on different threads on this forum as well). :)
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2013
    Option to play chess on computer is now missing from game.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/648122.page#10310661
    UPDATE:
    Please disregard this, it's been found that the option to play chess has NOT been removed from the computer, just moved. It is now under computer games.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am missing a hairstyle I bought from the sims store after installing this patch. I redownloaded it, it says it is installed, but won't show up.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? CC

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Removed before patching

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)Took them out.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Waiting for them to be updated

5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ? Patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing
    9. What town are you currently playing ? Custom town

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD
  • somnambulist07somnambulist07 Posts: 50 Member
    edited February 2013
    faytheful wrote:

It's not missing, it's been moved and can be found under the option 'play computer game...' when clicking on the computer. They seem to have moved some things around.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    @Rubysim: On the list. I'll add you

@Nirar22: Wonder what's going on.

@faytheful: It got moved to Play Computer Games. It seems EA has done some regrouping of the menus

@Colorist40: Which one ? Did you download the Store Patch as well ? I'll add the gifting issue. Do you have the other new contents like the dumpster diving ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2013
    faytheful wrote:

It's not missing, it's been moved and can be found under the option 'play computer game...' when clicking on the computer. They seem to have moved some things around.
    Yes, noted on the other thread & just updated my post on this thread. thanks so much !
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Rubysim: On the list. I'll add you

@Nirar22: Wonder what's going on.

@faytheful: It got moved to Play Computer Games. It seems EA has done some regrouping of the menus

@Colorist40: Which one ? Did you download the Store Patch as well ? I'll add the gifting issue. Do you have the other new contents like the dumpster diving ?
    Thank you crinrict, as another poster pointed it out to me as well, really appreciate it.
    :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Little one is not ready to go skiing yet, so answering some posts :)----@davina1221: Not sure but I think this one is also related to special seeds in your inventory. Do you have any ?.

:D Thank you so much for answering. Some games yes and in the new ones I made, no. I downloaded an non-CC lot with perfect fruits from the exchange and I sometimes have my sims pick from them and use them in the frig or keep them in their inventories. But, I have some games that I've just started and they don't have seeds yet. Do you know if the team knows about sims not being able to catch birds and if they are trying to fix it? Thank you for answering. :D
  • slimysquidslimysquid Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @catloverplayer: Do you have a link for me ? Haven't had a chance to read around

@blewis823: Added

@slimysquid: Is this an existing or new game ? Multi rabbitholes or single ones ?

This is existing game. I pulled the patch down this morning ad started playing and tried multiple times to do those missions. Should I do a test and start a new game to see if it still fails?
  • FiveLeafClover7FiveLeafClover7 Posts: 309 Member
    edited February 2013
    Apparently I am unable to connect to Origin, so I can't update. I opened it through Origin and logged in and stuff, and it's being REALLY annoying about not being able to connect to Origin and therefore not being able to update. :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2013
    what is the styling career bug, cause I can't find one and I have a dutch game. also is the SN plant bug fixed?
    edit: I always look into this thread for more info about the patches and what is still buggy, you help everyone so much here, thanks :thumbup:

Well when you send your sims to the parlor to get a makeover or tattoo comes with ambitions it resets your sims age back to the beginning eg if their a young adult they'll go back to the first stage of young adult and no this still isn't fixed.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited February 2013
    hiya crin

save game prior to patching sim i made for cleaning out the mail box as per the omni issue after patching the omni box's disappered from her inventory but 22 bills still stuck

another save game from last week sim just mastered fishing skill this evening his certificate came in the post today but doesn't show up in the inventory

was able to accept a SN gift
    am going to start a new game to see if the cert's show up in inventory

edit typo

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    no
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    n/a
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    n/a
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    n/a
    5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ?
    the super patcher

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    1.50 the super patcher

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    played two existing game (have started a new fresh game )
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    new made
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    sunset valley and twinbrook
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    System type: 64 bit Operating System
    Processor Intel(R)Pentium(R)CPU G640 @2.80Ghz
    Installed (RAM) 8.GB

Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game
    both last dd are seasons and 70's0'90's
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Anya19552Anya19552 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm in Australia and just tried to patch. I got the invalid file error, the size of the patch was 204.3mb. I understood from SimGuru Web's post that the super patch should be up for all regions but clearly it isn't. I did get the super patch 1.2gb from SimsVip's link and it has installed just fine. Just thought I'd mention this in case any other Aussies are having issues.
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited February 2013
    The only things I've caught so far, after only a bit of playing today are the following:

-The in game gifting system is buggy. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I even had one gift received that I couldn't even click on.

-The ghost busting career, the opportunity to help the police department didn't complete. The music played as if I did complete it, over and over again, but the opportunity remained active.

-The square terrain paint tool is round.

And I'm not fully through the ghost buster career yet, but I should be in a day or so. :wink:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
    edited February 2013
    @davina1221: I've seen it before in my own game so it's definitely an existing bug. Can you not catch them with all your Sims or is it always just one ?

@slimysquid: Most important question is if you have multi- or single rabbitholes. It's been an issue since SN for mulit rabbitholes. All you can do is replace the multi ones with single ones.

@FiveLeafClover7: Use the manual patches instead or please post in technical

@rumbutter: Could you make me a post with your specs/info. I'll add you to the first page so you don't have to do it over and over. Thanks for the report

@Anya19552: Give it a few hours. There's probably a few server that need updating

@exotickitten: Could you also make a post with your info/specs. If you plan to report more. I'll gladly add you to the first page.

- Did you see any patterns ? People are reporting they can't accept elixirs but the rest is working
    - Was this in a multi or single rabbithole ?
    - So there are square pegs that go in round holes :) I'll add.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited February 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    You don't have a green edit button next to the quote button on your own posts ?

Weird.

Can you edit this last post ? If so, just c/p all info from your first post in this new one and I'll link this one.

LOL, the edit button is not showing on my browser either. I use Google Chrome.

Just want to butt in here for a sec, I have Chrome and still have an edit button, but something else I noticed yesterday, I can now just double click on a post I made to edit it, maybe try that?
    edited February 2013
    Been a bit chaotic so far. I've update though here. Make sure I didn't miss anyone.

--

Please answer the question in the second post if you make a post and post in the technical forum if you have technical or installation issues

--

For those who plan to post here regularly over the coming few weeks, please make a post with your specs and answer the questions in the second post. I'll be adding a link to your post to the first page and then you don't need to re-post the info for every bug you report. Make sure to keep the post updated and report any changes.
    AHQ Tutorial

• sue6point7bsue6point7b Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Me and my friends all did a game update yesterday (after a few hiccups!) and although I can send the new gifts to my friends, they can´t send them to me, the options are greyed out.

Any ideas???

Sue :cry:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Just the standard game and add-ons/EPs, plus a few houses I have downloaded from The Exchange

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No mods.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    n/a

5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ?
    Just the patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    Downloaded update 1.50 yesterday.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    existing

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    new, but is not relevant to the problem

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA,

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Vista (I think!)

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    DVD
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    morning! so i just want to confirm should i edit my first post to just have specs, and i can turn this post into my log ...

thanks!

edited February 2013
    @sue6point7b: The gifting system seems wonky at. Do you have issues with any of them ?

@ceejay402: Best is to make a new post for every bug you find cause I'm usually not going back in this thread. The link to the spec post is just that you don't have to re-post your specs and answer the questions over and over. Should I forget what those were, I can just go re-check what it was.

If you do change something specs wise or tried on a new game or something along these line, please edit the post that it's updated and also tell me in your error report.

Hope that makes sense.
    AHQ Tutorial

• emzvineremzviner Posts: 129 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought the patch was supposed to be fixed now, but I still get the file error when trying to install. Help?
    edited February 2013
    Seems it's still offering the incremental patch for some. Use manual link here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update.exe
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2013
    EDIT: Hi LIAM. Long time no see.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @ceejay402: Best is to make a new post for every bug you find cause I'm usually not going back in this thread. The link to the spec post is just that you don't have to re-post your specs and answer the questions over and over. Should I forget what those were, I can just go re-check what it was.

If you do change something specs wise or tried on a new game or something along these line, please edit the post that it's updated and also tell me in your error report.

Hope that makes sense.

ha got it!

UPDATE - ive updated specs

heres what i added last night:

first biggest glitch is heavy rain caused a lag for a sim minute or two a few times..ive never had this happen before but this is also the first time im playing without nrass mods

So new glitch to report is that when i had my sims rake leaves the piles formed inside the house..

the first time the sims were in the back yard close to the house. The next time i had them out front near the street and piles still formed and in various places throughout the house..and little critters later appeared

I can also join the chorus of i can receive all gifts but not elixirs..

ill add more soon
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have another one, though I don't know if it is old or new because this is the first time I've had this scenario.

I created a new game and a new sim. She was overweight with the athletic trait. So she spent a lot of time doing physical activities and she lost the weight. However, when I exit the game and then start playing again later, she appears back at her original weight. If I have her exercise, she loses it faster than normal. This has happened 3 times so I don't think it is just a chance accident.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top