Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with harvesting plants

So my sims has no problem tending their garden until they harvest a plant. After the harvest something they just stop. Any actions they were going to afterwards disappear and they just stand there. Didn't have this problem before and its very annoying. I have to watch them then click the next plant, tell them to harvest, wait, click the next plant.... It's annoying!

Comments

• Options
    sims3freakfansims3freakfan Posts: 79 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm not positive, because my sims dont garden much, but i think when their harvesting, there is a little tab you can pull that says harvest all? sorry if im wrong. haha :D
  • Options
    SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, this is a known bug with the newest patch (1.38). It has been reported on the forums, and is probably due to changes made in preparation for the next ep. I imagine the bug will be ironed out by installing Supernatural when it comes out, but let's hope it is resolved for those of us who don't intend to buy it too...
  • Options
    SpidrykSpidryk Posts: 123 Member
    edited September 2012
    I had that issue and moved the garden. Everything was okay after that.
  • Options
    SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited September 2012
    ...Moved the garden? As in, moved all the plants elsewhere?

I guess it makes sense that resetting them somehow might 'unstick' them. I have noticed that plants grown post-patch are behaving normally (almost - apart from being mis-labelled as funghi). It is only old plants that are affected.

Edit: ah, no, even my new plants can't be harvested more than once. I believe new games work fine, though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ironfan3ironfan3 Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    Well if they are expecting me to buy supernatural then they better hand over the money cuz I'm not spending my own money to fix a bug they created on a game I've already payed for.
  • Options
    quinngrl82quinngrl82 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hope they fix this soon. Having the same problem of not being able to harvest or tend plants other than one at at time :(
  • Options
    efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited September 2012
    ironfan3 wrote:
    Well if they are expecting me to buy supernatural then they better hand over the money cuz I'm not spending my own money to fix a bug they created on a game I've already payed for.

This. They put out this patch that caused so many issues. Not all of us can get SN right now. In fact, some people don't even plan on buying this EP! Not every Sims player buys every EP or SP, and they know that and the game should be set up as such. I haven't even installed the patch due to all these issues and it is preventing me from logging in when playing my game.

They know this patch caused multiple issues, yet the only thing they mention on the official blog or pages is all about advertising.

Come on EA, fix the mess you caused with this patch! With all the money we've dished out for the game, EPs, SPs and Store Content, they shouldn't be releasing patches that trash our gameplay. :(

Writing is broken as well. Drama, horror and poetry all have issues.
  • Options
    zoeden123zoeden123 Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Well, this probably doesn't help but, I had very many problems with Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets until I did a major computer update. All my problems stopped. Or you could check for patches, if these don't work either call EA or wait for the next patch.

Hope I could help :-)
  • Options
    FCMacFCMac Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I've tried various things, nothing works.

My sims still only harvest one OLD plant, then pop somewhere else. I then moved my family to another house, started a garden and the plants grow until right before the harvest stage, then they go back to being first planted. So, nothing ever grows. Then they die.

I started a new game with my old family, same as last problem. Then I started a new game with a new family. Still can't grow anything.

This sucks.
  • Options
    JaseMaladeJaseMalade Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    ironfan3 wrote:
    So my sims has no problem tending their garden until they harvest a plant. After the harvest something they just stop. Any actions they were going to afterwards disappear and they just stand there. Didn't have this problem before and its very annoying. I have to watch them then click the next plant, tell them to harvest, wait, click the next plant.... It's annoying!

I am having exactly the same problem, started before I downloaded SN...I have removed all mods....cleared all caches...uninstalled SN....redownloaded, and still the problem exists....my sim must be told to harvest each plant...all further actions are cancelled once plant harvest is completed. Any further insight into this?

Thank you
    J
  • Options
    JaseMaladeJaseMalade Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    ...Moved the garden? As in, moved all the plants elsewhere?

I guess it makes sense that resetting them somehow might 'unstick' them. I have noticed that plants grown post-patch are behaving normally (almost - apart from being mis-labelled as funghi). It is only old plants that are affected.

Edit: ah, no, even my new plants can't be harvested more than once. I believe new games work fine, though.

I noticed a similar issue with my plants...I simply had my sim dispose of all plants in the current garden and replant....this took care of that issue, but still unable to get them to harvest more than one plant at a time.
  • Options
    SpidrykSpidryk Posts: 123 Member
    edited September 2012
    It worked for me for a moment and now it's the same issue. I can tend garden on the "special plants" -- money tree, steak, cheese, egg, and burger. But it stops after one harvest or tend on other plants. You can't even stack harvests in the cue as they go away after the one. I really want this fixed NOW. I want Sims to acknowledge there is an issue and that it will be fixed.
    The other interesting thing going on is that the burger and steaks won't produce. They are alive and grown and have weeds, but won't give up the goods. Come on, I want my omni plant already!
  • Options
    nixxinixxi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having this problem too. Sooooo regret doing the latest update!!!!! Any word on when a new patch will be out?
  • Options
    Russ1981Russ1981 Posts: 34
    edited September 2012
    Same here, I can't harvest plants either. To make matters worse, the zombies keep killing them because the stupid peashooters are worthless and can only shoot zombies that are a block within their field. I know that isn't relevant to the topic but I'm just venting lol.
  • Options
    TebowTebow Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2012
    Same harvesting issue here, so no fix still as yet I take it? =/
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am now having this issue, it wasn't a problem before installing Seasons :cry:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    eidyia76eidyia76 Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I recently installed Showtime and Supernatural and now can't harvest my plants. Needless to say, if I can't grow my magical ingredients, it sort of makes Supernatural pointless and frustrating.
  • Options
    WindkissedWindkissed Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I have been having this problem for the past 3 weeks (maybe since I installed Seasons, although I can't be sure). I am very frustrated because (1) my person is a level 10 gardener with a green thumb, (2) all her plants are perfect, (3) she has several of the unique plants - egg, cheese, etc., and (4) she is a level 10 alchemist and needs the mandrake, mushrooms, etc. for her potions.

Every plant in her garden just sits there - it says they are mature plants in a state of harvest, but they have no fruit. I have already used up all her perfect fruits, and I don't want to have to start from scratch replanting her garden with nice fruits, only have to have this glitch crop up again (bad gardening pun intended).

I have two friends experiencing the same problems. EA - fix this please! It's ruining our game play. :(
  • Options
    zerobandwidthzerobandwidth Posts: 118 New Member
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    AutoguyAutoguy Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Could someone from Electronic Arts please provide some information regarding the harvest/mailbox/sim inventory issues that are forcing these sim resets? Any info? Something?

Thnx!

Sorry if I missed another topic on this already but this is what came up in the search.
  • Options
    AprilaydeeAprilaydee Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm having the same issue of not being able to tend garden and letting the sim weed/harvest each plant themselves, and I also can't harvest any plants that say harvest but have no fruit to pick.

I don't have any mods, CC etc, just the expansion packs and some of the stuff packs up to SN and seasons.

Edit: My sim is a fairy, level 10 gardener, level 10 in gardener career, with green thumb trait. Can't harvest, can't make plants bloom or talk to them (when I was able to on the plant next to it...)
  • Options
    r0rschachr0rschach Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    I am sick and tired of all the glitches. I can't even use the harvester as the glitch effects even that thing. I have SN as well as seasons and this glitch still persists. Just to get rid of the bills and omni plant glitch I had to get master controller as that was the only way to get around that massive glitch now I can't harvest multiple plants. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!. I am sick of dealing with so many glitches. How about the next expansion at free of charge be Sims 3 All glitches finally fixed. This is absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone have any solutions as to what to do about this stupid annoying problem?
  • Options
    Stormin21Stormin21 Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've started again and noticed that when my sim went to China and I clicked to harvest wild plants, part way through harvesting the first plant the sim would just stand up and cancel anything she was going to do, I harvested the plants one by one (manually) then travelled home, so far everything still works normal but that's how it started with my last sim, so the problem could be in the world adventures expansion.
    EA, please fix it.
  • Options
    xephias_soulxephias_soul Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I've been having the same issue. My Sims can harvest the plants but then the plant will still say it can be harvested even though there isn't an option. I have all the expansion packs installed and only the Katy Perry stuff pack. Is there a patch or some way to fix this?
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2013
    So is there a solution for this glitch yet? I am having this problem too. :evil:

I did a search on the forums, but I don't see any fixes. BTW, I have Supernatural and Seasons, which seem to be the packs some people associate with this problem...