Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation 2022 (Patch Is Now Live)(Patch Notes)

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited May 2022
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    R&B station, but the B stands for dragons.
    *clears throat*
    *clears throat even louder*
    Man! Don't do that! Don't even do that! Please! I know you wanted dragons, but all I've been asking them very nicely is an R&B radio station, and if it does not being added, 2022 of the early 2020s will be over

Ok, R&B. Let's make a point (but it is what "I" think. And as I am a non native english speaker, I apology in advance if what I am saying might be rude. It is not :smile: )

If we look back at TS4 timeline and compare it to its' life years, R&B is a genre that was very cool in the 2000/2010 and lost its way throught 2020.
    What I am saying is not that R&B won't be added (because clearly it is perfect for a dating/night out pack) is just that at the moment it is not what the market is offering or requesting.
    Think about all the collabs TS4 has made with singers: mostly asian, mostly pop, mostly towards new generations.

And this has to do with everything we want from previous games and we don't get at the moment.

Except for the Moschino pack (which nearly everyone knows who Moschino is), all the collab for Cas kit were created with people that are not universally known but have a huge following on internet.

I hope this makes a little bit of sense :D
    OK then! OK! Well we'll see about what's gonna happen after we already got two kits this month, so next month, my second favorite music needs to be back before the second roadmap of 2022 for The Sims 4 will end after the release of two kits and one and upcoming game pack. And now first of all, it's OK if you are or are not very good at speaking English, so I speak only three languages I have learned since the previous days, OK? Either if I need to understand or what?

Second of all, The Sims has been an on-going series, but now starting in The Sims 2, R&B has been available in the base game with only five Simlish-language R&B songs that contained elements of some late 90s/early 2000s and old school-inspired contemporary R&B and classic soul music.

Third of all, my simself first appeared in The Sims 3 in 2011, I have buy all content packs with plenty of radio stations. And now after I already buy The Sims 3 Pets, the R&B station has only six songs re-recorded in Simlish, not because most of them sounded like slow jam music, two songs "Ohhh Ahhh" by Galactic, "The Big Bang" by Rock Mafia both sounded like 70s-inspired funky soul and rhythm and blues, and with only four songs in an R&B station that have been re-recorded in Simlish, "Gimme Go" by Speakers, "Life or Something Like It" by Outasight, "Another One Down" by Asher Roth (feat. D.A. Wallach), and "Light Up Tonight" by Alex Boyd might sounded like they all contained elements of early-late 80s/early 90s hip hop, pop, dance, new jack swing, soul, and contemporary R&B music.

And last of all, I get what you're saying about The Sims 4 has been made with singers with mostly Asian, pop, and focusing everything that The Sims 4 has or hasn't have in the game. And for now on, I'm waiting for my second favorite music, because it needs to have some 90s/early 2000s-inspired R&B songs of the early 2020s decade re-recorded in Simlish, and if they don't, Imma create an R&B radio station mod myself.

It better make it happen right now
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    OK then! OK! Well we'll see about what's gonna happen after we already got two kits this month, so next month, my second favorite music needs to be back before the second roadmap of 2022 for The Sims 4 will end after the release of two kits and one and upcoming game pack. And now first of all, it's OK if you are or are not very good at speaking English, so I speak only three languages I have learned since the previous days, OK? Either if I need to understand or what?

Jeremia I understand that you want R&B so bad and that it is your favorite music but there is no need to give ultimatums every now and then.
    Everytime you write about it seems like you are giving The Sims a deadline to deliver the music you want.
    If R&B is planned to be released this GP might be a good opportunity for you to get it. AND I HOPE SO.
    Second of all, The Sims has been an on-going series, but now starting in The Sims 2, R&B has been available in the base game with only five Simlish-language R&B songs that contained elements of some late 90s/early 2000s and old school-inspired contemporary R&B and classic soul music.

Yes but The Sims 2 was released in the R&B ERA! It was the music of the moment, the trending one. Even The Sims 3 was on the same boat.
    But not TS4.
    While there are universally loved genres as rock, metal, pop and classica, R&B genre is very niche.
    Third of all, my simself first appeared in The Sims 3 in 2011, I have buy all content packs with plenty of radio stations. And now after I already buy The Sims 3 Pets, the R&B station has only six songs re-recorded in Simlish, not because most of them sounded like slow jam music, two songs "Ohhh Ahhh" by Galactic, "The Big Bang" by Rock Mafia both sounded like 70s-inspired funky soul and rhythm and blues, and with only four songs in an R&B station that have been re-recorded in Simlish, "Gimme Go" by Speakers, "Life or Something Like It" by Outasight, "Another One Down" by Asher Roth (feat. D.A. Wallach), and "Light Up Tonight" by Alex Boyd might sounded like they all contained elements of early-late 80s/early 90s hip hop, pop, dance, new jack swing, soul, and contemporary R&B music.

What you say here is the actual point: this GP seems to have some 80/90 vibes that might be the only way you are going to get R&B.
    Be patient :) and if you still don't get what you want then try other ways!
    Run a petition, create a group where people with your same will would support you and help you raise the voice.
    A voice might not be heard but more will for sure.
    And last of all, I get what you're saying about The Sims 4 has been made with singers with mostly Asian, pop, and focusing everything that The Sims 4 has or hasn't have in the game. And for now on, I'm waiting for my second favorite music, because it needs to have some 90s/early 2000s-inspired R&B songs of the early 2020s decade re-recorded in Simlish, and if they don't, Imma create an R&B radio station mod myself.

It is marketing.
    They are in a limbo where they must choose to give everyone whatever they want: to please the old generations wanting what they already had (which might even translate in a little nostalgic rant) or give the new generations what they are living now (asian pop, influencers collabs, etc).

I am on your side.
    I am not against what you want.
    I hope you are heard and that R&B and Raggae will be added to TS4 so you can be happy and then we will all be happy!

Jeremia I understand that you want R&B so bad and that it is your favorite music but there is no need to give ultimatums every now and then.
    Everytime you write about it seems like you are giving The Sims a deadline to deliver the music you want.
    If R&B is planned to be released this GP might be a good opportunity for you to get it. AND I HOPE SO.

Yes but The Sims 2 was released in the R&B ERA! It was the music of the moment, the trending one. Even The Sims 3 was on the same boat.
    But not TS4.
    While there are universally loved genres as rock, metal, pop and classica, R&B genre is very niche.

What you say here is the actual point: this GP seems to have some 80/90 vibes that might be the only way you are going to get R&B.
    Run a petition, create a group where people with your same will would support you and help you raise the voice.

It is marketing.
    They are in a limbo where they must choose to give everyone whatever they want: to please the old generations wanting what they already had (which might even translate in a little nostalgic rant) or give the new generations what they are living now (asian pop, influencers collabs, etc).

I am on your side.
    I hope you are heard and that R&B and Raggae will be added to TS4 so you can be happy and then we will all be happy!
    Very well then! I will! As long as nobody comes to me with all that aggravation which will be unnecessary to me. Somebody tell me that this is the early 2020s, cause we respect black simmers around the world! I will be loving my hip hop and R&B music very much, especially fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. Period!
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love R&B music to be added to the list of music my Sims can listen to! I also would love to have dragons!
    I would love R&B music to be added to the list of music my Sims can listen to! I also would love to have dragons!
    Same here! My simself, my family, and most of the Black American sims I created are gonna love R&B music to listen when I get ready for something new this year
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I really wanted body hair, but I'm concerned that they're going to have 5 choices, and only 1 will look good. And random townies are going to have horrible body hair. So now I'm thinking I'll just add custom content if it doesn't appear in the patch.

I'm really hoping they fix the rocketship bug, so sims can work on rocketships.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

But not TS4.

It is marketing.

I am on your side.

I don't think of R and B as Nich. I do however think of instrumental music as nich eg winter holiday,easy listening,jazz,the spa station etc. R and B is still popular on the FM Format but Instrumental Music has died off on the FM Format. I don't think Maxis goes by what the FM Dial has though so who knows.
    Well y'all! It looks like they're not giving us body hairs until the future, and even... *sniff* my R&B music! 😭
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I really wanted body hair, but I'm concerned that they're going to have 5 choices, and only 1 will look good. And random townies are going to have horrible body hair. So now I'm thinking I'll just add custom content if it doesn't appear in the patch.

I'm really hoping they fix the rocketship bug, so sims can work on rocketships.

That’s a thought 🤔. Hopefully the player has to add the body hair. I don’t like the random fashion choices of townies! 😢😫🤭😂

Yes I hope the rocket 🚀 gets fixed soon. I miss building them. 🥺

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Well it has been confirmed body hair is coming "sooner than we think." So I think we will get that.
    BG is also getting a small telescope.

I also think a dating app and attraction system will be in it cause I have thought so for ages now. Still haven't changed my mind on that. Too many signals for that. And if we get an attraction system, I would think that means new likes/dislikes.

Other than that, I hope we get a bunch of bug fixes.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    I think we'll get updated Calientes. I'm curious to see what they do with Katrina/Ni-ghat! Other than that, I'd hope for some more information on a lore update/bug & QOL fixes.

I am curious about this as well. Maybe they will mention it in the stream.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    edited June 2022
    Well y'all! It looks like they're not giving us body hairs until the future, and even... *sniff* my R&B music! 😭

I'd guess this Summer or Early Fall for Body Hair.
    Well it has been confirmed body hair is coming "sooner than we think." So I think we will get that.

I also think a dating app and attraction system will be in it cause I have thought so for ages now. Still haven't changed my mind on that. Too many signals for that. And if we get an attraction system, I would think that means new likes/dislikes.

Hope your right about the dating stuff but they may stick that in the High School pack and the pre patch for it if that's the next Expansion.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I really want the aliens facial genetics reset on age up glitch fixed if it hasn't been alreadh fixed. It's an old one but it's soooooo annoying and it makes playing with aliens such a pain.

Yes!! I make an alien in CAS, try aging it up to adult and it changes face. Then I start a new one. Love playing with aliens but I will not have alien genetics in my main legacy. Wish they could be fixed.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    If they do add a music station I hope it's punk rock.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member

SimGuruNinja mentioned "werebies" as part of the new pack. I feel like I might have my tinfoil hat on but I've been kind of internally wondering/hoping that maybe we will finally get a baby update in conjunction with the Werewolves release like how Toddlers were released at the same time as Vampires. Nothing super substantial to say this could actually happen but I can dream.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

SimGuruNinja mentioned "werebies" as part of the new pack. I feel like I might have my tinfoil hat on but I've been kind of internally wondering/hoping that maybe we will finally get a baby update in conjunction with the Werewolves release like how Toddlers were released at the same time as Vampires. Nothing super substantial to say this could actually happen but I can dream.

Unfortunately I think "werebies" is meant to be like "rabies," not "babies." At one point there was a mention of a cure or potion for werebies, so unless the Sims have taken to creating birth control...
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited June 2022
    Edit: Omitting just in case.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I'm hoping that I can get body hair, lunar system, an attraction system, a rivalry with vampires, and maybe a surprise from a past Sims series.
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    What about Moon phases?

Yes I can see that getting added to the Update and I'll be surprised if it doesn't.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    What about Moon phases?

Yes I can see that getting added to the Update and I'll be surprised if it doesn't.

it would work with the base game calendar.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    If they want to integrate moon cycles with other occults (and Mooncasters in lore makes me think they do), then it will likely be a patch feature before Werewolves release.
    edited June 2022

Hope your right about the dating stuff but they may stick that in the High School pack and the pre patch for it if that's the next Expansion.

That is a possibility (if that is actually happening). I had come to the conclusion something romance related like a dating app, and attraction system would be coming before the Spring roadmap was revealed. Likes and dislikes, and the ring ring girl were the first clues I was going off of, and they technically weren't a part of what came with the Spring roadmap. So maybe I was just estimating too early a time frame for their release. But I still think it is coming for sure.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think moon cycles will be patched in.

Reasons:
    • The lore mentions Mooncasters, which I believe to be Spellcasters with an affinity for the moon. Spellcasters can't have that without it being base game.
    • A Tweet mentioned cross-pack gameplay with Spellcasters and Vampires. Again, this could indicate special moodlets related to moon phases, boosts to various schools of magic or potion making, the rate thirst degrades at etc.