Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who here plays on console?

DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
I want to set up a thread for console players to share their tips, builds, sims and stories.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't play on console, but you might like to look at the forum section for console players. :)https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/console-discussion
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    @VeeDub I have tried the console section, but people hardly ever post there. I just wanted this thread to be easier to find.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Unfortunately I think the moderators will move this thread to the console section.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2022
    I play on console on ps4, my current family is a strange one, I have a human mum and dad and their son, their daughter is a spellcaster and the dads sister was turned into a vampire, they also have a dog and cat living on a farm, I'm thinking if werewolves come, I know how a can fit them in my sim family, I was thinking that the aunt had a child when she was a teen, the aunts parents thinking their daughter is too young put the child up for adoption, somewhere along the lines the child gets bitten by a werewolf, as teen the child goes to find her biological mother
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Just for the record, as long as people check recent discussions it doesn't matter what category the thread is in. It is visible so long as it is new. It is how I keep up with what is going on, rather than checking individual categories.

So even if this is moved to the console category (which it looks like it has been) as long as there are replies it will stay high in the recent discussions list.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I play on console ,on XBOX1. I don't mind playing this way, but it does get to be annoying that we cannot use mods or cc.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I play on my PS5. Def wish I had it on PC though. But already to invested into packs. Lack of mods and CC makes this game rather boring at times
  • enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    I play on Xbox and I don't mind it that much, since I've never really wanted to use mods or cc. The controls are definitely more annoying than they would be on PC and loading screens seem to take way longer as well, but I've gotten used to it over the years. But hey, at least we have the gallery now!
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    I currently play on PS4, however traditionally I've always played the Mac/PC versions of the games. I had played Sims 4 on my macbook when it first dropped up until a little after City Living came out, then I didn't touch it for awhile and ended up misplacing my computer eventually. A couple years later my husband and I were browsing GameStop and saw the console version of the base game for super cheap, so we picked it up and now I've been officially obsessed ever since, own almost every pack, and am just in too deep with the time and money investment to justify getting back into it on my new computer lol. I do really miss being able to download mods and CC, however I'm still having a ton of fun with the vanilla version and play it as much as I can on my weekends. :) I think I have even come to prefer using a controller to play and I do like playing my game on the big screen. To compensate for the lack of mods/CC sometimes I'll seek out interesting new challenges or try to explore parts of the game I have yet to touch.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    I play on console, on Xbox One. I find it ok really; I can do everything I need to.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I play on PS4. Not interested in mods and cc. I permanently switched from pc to console back when PS3 was the newest one. I always preferred controllers, keyboard and mouse never let me fully enjoy my games. Now I can play the Sims laying on the sofa.😃
  • GothamstrashGothamstrash Posts: 23 Member
    Xbox One here! Used to play with a controller, but switched to keyboard & mouse.. game changer! lol
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    PS4 Player here!

I'm vision impaired so I pretty much stick to console games.

Really wish UI scaling was on the console version though. I have a really hard time reading the text in this game.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited July 2022
    I play both PC and console versions, I have it for the PS4 slim, sadly I cannot add all of the DLC to PS4 version because the game will lag so I only applied a few DLC's. PC version I have almost all the DLC's when it comes to expansions/ game packs.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    > @Heathertibb said:
    > I play on console ,on XBOX1. I don't mind playing this way, but it does get to be annoying that we cannot use mods or cc.

A lot of the console games can be modded, gta for example. Its mainly because( (if your own playstation) sony don't want to create a folder for mods and cc
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    > @MoonCrossWarrior22 said:
    > I play both PC and console versions, I have it for the PS4 slim, sadly I cannot add all of the DLC to PS4 version because the game will lag so I only applied a few DLC's. PC version I have almost all the DLC's when it comes to expansions/ game packs.

I'm on the ps5, have literally all the expansion packs minus a few and most of the game packs too and experience no lag at all
  • ShinyEmma1983ShinyEmma1983 Posts: 36 Member
    I play on console Xbox One X

Don’t have a decent enough PC to run the game on there.
    I am a proud console Simmer!
  • OmniNerd42OmniNerd42 Posts: 38 Member
    I play on my Xbox. Got a keyboard hooked up. Don't have to spend hours managing mod files like I used to and I get to see the game on a big TV. Honestly so much better in sims 4 on console then it was in sims 3 on pc. At least I finally kicked my addiction to CC. And I don't have to spend hours preparing franticly anytime a patch comes out.
    Check Out My Current Sims 4 Creations
    Or
    Check Out My Older Sims 3 Account & Creations
    And
    Check Out My Live Stream Where teens throughout the Sims have runaway from home together. The drama is real!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I play on PS5 with all packs except JB. I use KB&M because it's so much more comfortable.
    I do not build but I give townie sims makeovers and have a legacy that's currently on generation 7.

AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I play on PlayStation. I recently returned after a long break. Sad to see not much has changed.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I play on the PS4, and have most of the packs on there.
  • ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm very new to the Sims (only about 3 weeks) and I started playing on my new xbox series x using a keyboard and mouse... but about a week later, I bought a new HP Vortex gaming computer just so I could download cc. Because I'm not very computer literate, I found it all a little overwhelming.

The cc wasn't too hard to download using the TSR manager but mods and things that needed to be downloaded, unzipped and moved was a little too much for me. Soon my new computer was full of unzipped files all over the place and I didn't know what I even had downloaded anymore.
    So I decided to go back to my xbox, mouse and keyboard just for the simplicity of it. I miss the cc but, ...oh well.

What I'm trying to do now is learn how to upload captures from my xbox series x to onedrive and then use my new computer to edit and use them in places like this forum.
    I've been uploading them all day but they're not showing up on onedrive. Are you guys successfully uploading your xbox captures to onedrive? I'd love to know. Thanks.
    Post edited by ElleLaAmour on
  • ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    edited September 2022
    edit: Problem solved. I finally got my onedrive to work. I was using two different Microsoft accounts... one for my computer and another for my xbox. Once I put them on the same account, onedrive worked fine for xbox screenshots.
    Post edited by ElleLaAmour on
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I had played this on a PS4 but could not get used to the controls and menus. For some reason, I am now looking at the XBox Series S since I am now not able to play on PC due to the game glitches, etc.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I play on Xbox one, I bought the game about 2 years ago played it for 20 minutes and didn't touch it again till about 1 month ago because the controls where not to my liking and I just wasn't in the mood for it, I guess. Well, I finally decided to give it an honest try, and it grew on me fast, now it's probably my most played and Favorite game. I created a male sim named Patrick; he is an artist/musician/creative type. I was looking for a wife or girlfriend and saw Liberty Lee walking around all geeky looking, but kind of pretty anyway. I built a relationship with her and moved her into my home. I went to edit mode and changed her clothes and hair, and she became one of the prettiest girls on the game in my opinion. We had our first daughter Katlyn who is self-assured and likes to meditate. One weird thing about her is on her first birthday I somehow aged her up twice and she became a teen skipping the toddler phase, at first, I felt like deleting the whole save and starting over but I just let it go and played with it. Had a second daughter shortly after named Liberty as well, she is a teen now. We finally had a son, I did some research on how to have a boy and it said eat carrots and listen to alternative music so that's what I did while Liberty was pregnant and sure enough, we had our first boy, named him Maynard (after the great singer of Tool and A perfect circle). He is a Genius but when he ages up to young adult, I'm going to give him a bad or semi bad trait to balance it out, Hes a musician as well. We live in a huge 64 by 64 lot, 3 story house and I have over 1 million dollars made from gardening mostly. I'm thinking of having our young adult daughter Katlyn move to the city, but I'm not sure how to balance two separate households it might become tedious with loading and all. Oh, and we have a cat, a hedgehog, chickens and a cow. Also, a greenhouse, and nice pool, and a small fishing pond. I think I did a great job decorating the inside of the house as well as the outdoor area I would share a video clip of it, but I don't know how or if that's possible. The best expansions I bought were seasons, and actually cats and dogs added the vet clinic which I own and run one and that's interesting, cottage living is ok, it adds produce and stuff, but the world is nice looking but there's like nothing to do in it. Get together is also ok, it adds a nice world, and the clubs are nice to have but not great. The pack that adds the butler is actually not that bad the butler is not as bugged as some have said, and the build mode items are pretty good. I got paranormal but haven't stayed a night in the haunted house yet. Cool Kitchen really adds nothing much good, but you can make an ice cream that makes your sim lose weight fast.