Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I hope this means that a group of kids can go on adventure without the assistance of some grown up Sim who provides the food
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2022
    logion wrote: »
    The leaks double the fun.

The speculation can be fun, but lately it has been more like silence, and then the entire thing leaks from xbox or from a website. I think this has happened to several kits now actually...

I dunno, it feels a bit chaotic.

I think there is a simple logic behind it: Simmers love leaks and react way more excited and positive towards it than about Maxis' official announcements. If I was in their marketing team I would leak everything.

Well...generally in marketing leaks does not do a whole lot, because it often only reaches people who are active in the community, so unless they wanted to create speculation and reactions in their own community, which are people who will probably buy the kits when they release then it's generally not a good idea to leak anything intentionally...

For people that are more active in the community though, yeah I guess more leaks would be fun.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I need to see more but from what I can tell the CAS kit looks nice too. Maybe a bit too casual for me but I can see the chill vibe they were going for.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I love that they dedicated a whole kit to kids 🥺

Yea leaks are exciting then adds to investigation of trying to find out how real it is lol
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    logion wrote: »

The speculation can be fun, but lately it has been more like silence, and then the entire thing leaks from xbox or from a website. I think this has happened to several kits now actually...

I dunno, it feels a bit chaotic.

I think there is a simple logic behind it: Simmers love leaks and react way more excited and positive towards it than about Maxis' official announcements. If I was in their marketing team I would leak everything.

Yep, 'leaks' have been one of the strongest marketing mediums for years now. People think they're getting info they're not supposed to have and it sweetens it for some reason.
    Worth noting, the movie they're watching on the projector screen is also the start of the Sims 3 Supernatural trailer with the guy transforming into the werewolf as well.

Opportunity good catch. I didn't even notice!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2022
    They say that the items are DIY, but unless I get confirmation that the sims will actually make these items in-game, I'll be skeptical. It's probably just a BB pack, and the DIY theme is just an aesthetic. And even if this turns out to be a gameplay kit, this could have easily been in an Outdoor Retreat/Parenthood refresh, or something. I know it doesn't fit perfectly, looks-wise, but it feels like another example of them selling us the same theme in separate packs, but with minor tweaks.

The Moonlight clothes look like the type of clothing we always get. I'll never buy this pack, unless it goes on sale for like 30 cents, CAD. But at least it's not more knitwear.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    The Little Campers kit looks adorable! I might be buying my first kit!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Giveaways coming later tonight!
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I can’t wait to get my hands on these! Not exactly what I was thinking but I’m not even mad at the themes.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I hope the dress the woman is wearing in the picture is quite long. The picture cuts it off, but I love the long dresses in the game. The wedding gamepack CAS was a dream for me.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Now that the official descriptions/ pictures are out, it does look like Little Campers is BB rather than new gameplay, unless there’s something not very obvious from the images shown.

That aside, the new versions of the outdoor projector, swing set, fire pit, etc all look really good and will be nice to have. While I’ve felt pretty lukewarm about all the CAS kits released so far (and Moonlight Chic doesn’t look like an exception) I think that all the BB kits have nailed it.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I will say that I like the projector. It'd be great for drive-i- Oh wait, no cars. Still, it'd be nice to have for community lots. Have sims go to the park, have picnics on the grass on benches and watch movies with other people in town. It'd be a cozy activity for a small town.

If this isn't a gameplay kit, then I'll wait until the projector is recycled in another pack and just use it then.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited May 2022
    I would love if sims can really build these but frost said it's more of a b/b kit. Still I love that it has a DIY look. I just noticed that rocket thing with the bear strapped to it. 😃
    My childish sim would love this too.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It is as shame Little Camper's couldn't be a gameplay kit, but it is really cute. Definitely getting that one. Builds using Outdoor Retreat BB have needed a nice compliment in my book.

The CAS kit is kind of mesh in my opinion, but they do look like real clothes so bring them on.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m loving the look of little campers my only critique is I wish it was a stuff pack to maximise on gameplay and more bb/cas assets. The other kit just seems like all other young adult cas items we seem to be getting at the moment
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

That object totally needs to release a little edible marshmallow sandwich on request. I'll be sad if it doesn't.