Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now how much knowledge do you have on the Sims 4?

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
How much knowledge do you have for the Sims?
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
Post edited by ItsMeThatGuy on

Now how much knowledge do you have on the Sims 4? 68 votes

You don't even know what a "fire" is.
0%
You know only a very little bit and you'd think doing a knowledge challenge would be VERY hard
1%
BoergeAarg61 1 vote
You know some Sim mechanics, but many confuse you very often.
16%
Colorist40freindlylolBabykittyjadeDaniRose2143WispyeSimmingalDaWaterRatNate_Whiplash1Chaotic_MoiraxxCrimsonxxMouseyKeet 11 votes
You know quite a bit of features and have some decent knowledge.
35%
Vibseelanorbretoncchant86taydevironknight35CAPTAIN_NXR7Sorak4AngelEb95catmando830sillyangel0906DeKayEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggesuperkyle221SERVERFRASeashoreLiviaDaepheneBecka28pink_coco10L33tP33tNW 24 votes
You are doing great on your Sim knowledge, and skills, and can make you know the game more.
47%
Bluegayleauroraael14bshag4lvBoondoggle1960bandit5asimbsimshellbemebabajaynesimgirl1010ashcrash19duhboy2u2motdkEmmaVanefionaloveserranoWaytoomanyUIDsKarababy52YBNS2468musteniKyreRoenArmika74 32 votes

Comments

• ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2022
    Sorry guys. I accidently pressed a button and made the pole a little too early. Here's some more poll votes :

You excel at knowledge in the Sims 4 and you can teach it to someone else.

You excel at knowledge, and you've been only playing for less then 1 year.

I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    I literally know everything about all Sims games, forever.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    You are doing great on your Sim knowledge, and skills, and can make you know the game more.
    "You excel at knowledge in the Sims 4 and you can teach it to someone else." This would be my choice. I played Sims 4 for awhile after it was released but to me it just expanded on the previous 3 versions of the game. Sims 2 is where I excel however.
    Gordy wrote: »

How long have you played?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    Thanks to Carl's Guide which I have open most of the time I'm playing.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
    edited May 2022
    I know carl's guide. I know many wiki's as well. It's still too simple and I can likely have more knowledge then him...
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Eh, I don't think my option was really there so I just picked one. I don't get confused, but I don't know everything. I am newer to The Sims 4, although I have played all gens of the game since the original release. I was trying to skip 4.. But as I haven't been playing long, I don't know everything about it yet.

I think the only thing I every felt confused by was why the heck sims will randomly learn about a new fish... They don't fish, they aren't interested in fish, nobody they are talking to fishes, but, there it is, "so and so learned about a new fish.." lol
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I know carl's guide. I know many wiki's as well. It's still too simple and I can likely have more knowledge then him...

That's nice to know. Do you have a website?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    You sound super smart!!
    Honestly I'm still confused about some things in the Sims after years. When I try new things I always have to Google search how to do something. Took me forever to figure out how to explore the jungle not that long ago. Still trying to figure out wedding cakes and if they can be baked, still don't know exactly how to make furniture from eco living, I got so lost 😅
    The Sims is complex for my little brain. That's not a bad thing though because it keeps me discovering new things.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    Like most people, I'm very detail-oriented when it comes to things I've a passion for, and this game is high up there. Because of that, I have tested and retained a lot of details regarding it.

That said, I'm not an encyclopedia, and there are things I don't play/test enough to know everything about (I spend most of my time actually playing. Testing is just slotted in here and there). Likewise, my memory isn't infallible, so outside research isn't beneath me (I'll usually even test what I find myself, in case there's more to know about them). Honestly, the only reason my own write-ups exist is just to have specific information where I can refer back to it. I just happened to figure others might find it useful as well.
    I think the only thing I every felt confused by was why the heck sims will randomly learn about a new fish... They don't fish, they aren't interested in fish, nobody they are talking to fishes, but, there it is, "so and so learned about a new fish.." lol
    @Chaotic_Moira
    "Discuss Local Fishing Spots" is an interaction that requires no actual skill in fishing, but is still there (my sim has no skills at all, due to the NSNP scenario). Thus NPC's will autonomously use it in conversation. This often reveals new fish to the recipient.

Fun fact: If used by an active sim, it'll reveal if someone has the "Loves the Outdoors" trait.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    I've fallen behind because of the narrow range of features I used for so long. I'm making a point of learning at least two or three new things everyday when I go in and play. It is a bit embarrassing at times to realize how many things I didn't realize were in the game, but I never needed them to tell my stories. Now every game session no matter how old the save is an eye opener and feels new again.

That's nice to know. Do you have a website?

Unfortanately I do not. I'm not that "codive" enough to do that. If so I definitely would.
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Like most people, I'm very detail-oriented when it comes to things I've a passion for, and this game is high up there. Because of that, I have tested and retained a lot of details regarding it.

That said, I'm not an encyclopedia, and there are things I don't play/test enough to know everything about (I spend most of my time actually playing. Testing is just slotted in here and there). Likewise, my memory isn't infallible, so outside research isn't beneath me (I'll usually even test what I find myself, in case there's more to know about them). Honestly, the only reason my own write-ups exist is just to have specific information where I can refer back to it. I just happened to figure others might find it useful as well.
    @Chaotic_Moira
    "Discuss Local Fishing Spots" is an interaction that requires no actual skill in fishing, but is still there (my sim has no skills at all, due to the NSNP scenario). Thus NPC's will autonomously use it in conversation. This often reveals new fish to the recipient.

Fun fact: If used by an active sim, it'll reveal if someone has the "Loves the Outdoors" trait.

That's ok. Not everyone's THAT smart! Just keep playing, look and research, and you will know it all!
    edited May 2022
    You sound super smart!!
    Honestly I'm still confused about some things in the Sims after years. When I try new things I always have to Google search how to do something. Took me forever to figure out how to explore the jungle not that long ago. Still trying to figure out wedding cakes and if they can be baked, still don't know exactly how to make furniture from eco living, I got so lost 😅
    The Sims is complex for my little brain. That's not a bad thing though because it keeps me discovering new things.

You'll learn more!
    @Chaotic_Moira

Ahhhh, I have wondered if they were discussing fishing, I just thought it would be odd sense none of them had ever fished.. I guess it is just sort of weird that a sim doesn't have to have any fishing skill to impart this wisdom. But good to know this is normal behavior at least. Every time it happened I wondered slightly if it could be a bug caused by a mod or something.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    edited May 2022
    I was thinking of becoming one of those Simgurus. Do you think I'll make it? I don't want to brag...
    I doubt the SimGurus know their game as well as some of the players. It's one thing to know the code, another to know the finished product, and yet another to retain 7+ years of development, which (at least for some) were partly helmed by others. I'd love to have a longtime guru take a quiz on finer details of the game to see how much they remember.
    edited May 2022
    I wish there was one. I just saw your Simming tips link, maybe I'll make one too.
    I was thinking of becoming one of those Simgurus. Do you think I'll make it? I don't want to brag...
    I doubt the SimGurus know their game as well as some of the players. It's one thing to know the code, another to know the finished product, and yet another to retain 7+ years of development, which (at least for some) were partly helmed by others. I'd love to have a longtime guru take a quiz on finer details of the game to see how much they remember.

I have seen gurus in videos forget stuff they themselves worked on. It is pretty funny when it happens.
    I wish there was one. I just saw your Simming tips link, maybe I'll make one too.
    I could make one. It'd definitely be way less cryptic, and a lot easier than my scavenger hunt attempts.
    I could make one. It'd definitely be way less cryptic, and a lot easier than my scavenger hunt attempts.

I'm not making one. Don't want to make links as they could be suspicious.
    In addition to Carl's Guide I definitely rely on the wonderful simmers on the forum. 😊
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    I feel like i have somewhat average knowledge

like in skill points my sims skill would maybe be like 6 points or so

like even when i know the game by heart having played since ts1 and having spent whole loads of time with all iterations, especially sims 4

I do still have horrible memory overall though :sweat_smile:

and there is still things in the game I've never done yet and whole loads of things I wouldn't remember detailedly enough to explain someone else even if it makes sense in my head :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I feel like i have somewhat average knowledge

like in skill points my sims skill would maybe be like 6 points or so

like even when i know the game by heart having played since ts1 and having spent whole loads of time with all iterations, especially sims 4

I do still have horrible memory overall though :sweat_smile:

and there is still things in the game I've never done yet and whole loads of things I wouldn't remember detailedly enough to explain someone else even if it makes sense in my head :sweat_smile:

Mine would probably be close to 9 or 10.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

How long have you played?
    I think, like, when Sims 1 Double Deluxe was released. I got the game because my brother played it, and he always had fun starting fires in it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    You know quite a bit of features and have some decent knowledge.

Slightly above average knowledge perhaps?
    I haven’t explored all the features yet. I take my time, I take my time. But hey, I know a thing or two. I know what woohoo is and I know how to appease the ghost gnome. Give him fruitcake.

To me, the most important question is: How well does The Sims 4 know me?

Personally I believe it knows a few of my mechanics, but it’s still rather confused.