Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Programming actions keep dropping -

WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
My Sim is supposed to be hacking his heart out and completing a side job but the action keeps canceling out. No other actions are queued up. I've cleared my cache, removed mods, etc. Clues?
Post edited by Wndblwz on

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Could the chair, desk or computer be CC?
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Could the chair, desk or computer be CC?

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion.
    edited May 2022
    I thought I'd resolved the problem by switching to dining chairs (from desk chairs). Sim was able to complete three actions, then problem resumed. Alas...
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    My thoughts would be: 🤔
    Is another Sim trying to use the computer and thus causing your Sim to move?
    Might be worth checking the Sim’s traits?
    Are other Sims distracting them by trying to talk? Sometimes I take the doors off if I want my Sim to paint, write so other Sims can’t disturb them.
    Is Vlad (or another vampire) visiting?

Have you replaced the chair, desk and computer? Perhaps all new objects might help? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

Sometimes I forget to check needs and they won’t do certain things if they’re low. No matter how much you ask.

Hope you get the problem sorted! 😊
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2022
    What lot and household are you playing? For some reason, computer actions like programming actions sometimes get canceled when I'm playing the Nishidake family. They sit down at the computer and write or do programming, and then when I play another sim, they can sometimes cancel it and walk away. I have wondered if the sims are bugged or something, or if the content creator (gamechanger) who built the lot might have used mods or something, even if they were not allowed to.

It also happens only with that household. It works fine for all my other sims.

As for solutions, try using a laptop and see if you have the same issue, or try visiting another lot to check if the problem is your lot.
    Thanks for the suggestions. In regard to distractions, that is a very real possibility... even when he's in the apartment alone, he will stop and go to the next room to look at ~ something ~. I've locked the door to keep his roommate from interrupting, changed the chair, etc. Periodically switching his actions seems to help... He was finally able to finish the program he was writing. In regard to lot and household, I made the Sim and he resides in a San Myshuno apartment (pre-made, of course).
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    edited May 2022
    If he's going into the next room to look at an item it could be a decor like/dislike? Those actions will interrupt just about anything, and they don't show up in the queue so you can't cancel them. You can remove the decor likes/dislikes in CAS.
    AH!!! This is the first time I consciously gave a Sim very specific and limited decor likes and furnished the apartment accordingly. Going back in to test this. Thanks!
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I really wish I could remove the decor likes/dislikes feature from the game completely. It causes far too many issues and removing them from each sim individually would take far too long.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I really wish I could remove the decor likes/dislikes feature from the game completely. It causes far too many issues and removing them from each sim individually would take far too long.

I think the idea of it is good, but it’s too overwhelming in game with how it disrupts sims like they all have adhd and can’t focus on their task and have to go look at things catching their focus.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    edited May 2022
    Wndblwz wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. In regard to distractions, that is a very real possibility... even when he's in the apartment alone, he will stop and go to the next room to look at ~ something ~. I've locked the door to keep his roommate from interrupting, changed the chair, etc. Periodically switching his actions seems to help... He was finally able to finish the program he was writing. In regard to lot and household, I made the Sim and he resides in a San Myshuno apartment (pre-made, of course).

I'm not sure if your problem is solved or not, but I noticed the part of your post I bolded. If it's not solved, does your sim happen to live in 18 Culpepper by any chance? I have had issues in that apartment and part of the problem can be the Spooky lot trait. Some sims seem more sensitive to ghosts. The other possibility, if your sim doesn't live at 18 Culpepper, does he live at 19? That one has mice which could be what he's reacting to.

I'm not sure if your problem is solved or not, but I noticed the part of your post I bolded. If it's not solved, does your sim happen to live in 18 Culpepper by any chance? I have had issues in that apartment and part of the problem can be the Spooky lot trait. Some sims seem more sensitive to ghosts. The other possibility, if your sim doesn't live at 18 Culpepper, does he live at 19? That one has mice which could be what he's reacting to.

Nope. Not at Culpepper. Removing the decor addiction took care of the issue.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    Wndblwz wrote: »

Nope. Not at Culpepper. Removing the decor addiction took care of the issue.

Happy to hear the easy fix worked.🙂