Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any worlds you never use?

Comments

• belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Del Sol Valley.
    Just why does it even exist? Why does the pack even exist? :D

Other less interesting places to build/play in: Granite Falls, Selvadorada, whatever that Realm of Magic world is called.

Sidenote, I've made some really fun builds in Magnolia Promenade that were regular living houses, not shops. I like the tram running by in the background, it feels like home.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I haven't found a world I didn't like, some locations better than others of course, such as The Island on Windenburg.
  • peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    Only recently I got some packs that didn't interest me that much (more for their theme than their world), so I still have yet to use some of these worlds (and I still don't have Wedding Stories, because I can't get myself to pay full price for all the bugs they put in it), but I want to use them, eventually, with one exception: Forgotten Hollow. I just don't like dark worlds. There was reason why I never got Midnight Hollow in Sims 3, despite it's good lore. The darkness in that world put me off. And Forgotten Hollow is even worse, because it doesn't even have interesting lore. So, I am sure that will be forgotten world for me.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    With only one active family that lives in Willow Creek I make it a point to regularly utilize all the other worlds. I have community lots and retail establishment in most worlds. My sims have friends and relatives in all the residential worlds so there is a lot of visiting and socializing. They regularly take vacations in the vacation worlds.

If I had to select my least used world it would be Forgotten Hollow. I only have a memorial park there and Vlad's house.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    I use all worlds, but not all the time, as my sims tend to have their favourites that they frequent. Also I don't buy packs if I'm not interested in the gameplay so I don't have Batuu, Evergreen Harbor or Glimmerbrook to name a few.

What I am bad at doing is exploring the world to its full potential, which is why I am in my present save trying to do just that. I started with Johnny Zest in Oasis Springs and he was not at all allowed to leave the world unless he met someone from another world. So he married Lulua'ina from Sulani and they moved there. The two of them were limited to those two worlds. Their kid Kainalu now lives with his wife in Newcrest so they have three worlds to move in. I intend for their daughter Destinee to go to uni, so that will open Britchester up as well as any world she settles in later. That way I hope I really get to immerse myself in each world.

Unless I get bored and start a new save. That might happen as well. But then I'll start in a new world.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Britechester 100%. I never send sims there, and I never build there. If it disappeared from my game it would honestly take me a few months to notice as I don't even open its map. It is a very specific use world though so it makes sense. Also obviously Magnolia Promenade, but I see that world as an extension to Willow Creek rather than its own thing
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Worlds I never use:

Magnolia Promenade. I placed retail builds there, but my sims don’t shop or own a retail business because I’m not interested in that particular gameplay. At least the lots are filled, which for me is good enough.

Glimmerbrook. I’d like to play here, but I simply don’t have a compelling storyline for it. Haven’t even been through the portal yet.

Batuu. The build and buy items are great, but I’ve never visited or use CAS items. My sims would visit or even live there if only we could build there.

Hidden worlds. We can’t live there and I would like them more fleshed out. I’d use the heck out of Sixam or Sylvian Glade if it were even a small neighborhood and not a single hidden lot. Also, I tend to forget the hidden worlds even exist.

Tartosa. I don’t have the pack yet. Waiting for a sale lol.

Worlds I seldom use:

Selvadorada. I’ve visited for brief exploration. I like the environment and cultural aspect, but I need a story for my sims if I’m to go there often.

Granite Falls. I really love this world, but again storylines are a huge part of my play style, and nothing has come up. I’ve visited and built lots in preparation though.

Henford on Bagley. Another world I love. I have a storyline and lots prepared, but haven’t made time to play (Tbh I haven’t played TS4 since the release of this pack haha).

Sulani. So far, this is a vacations only world for me, and my sims have stayed there once. I want to make it more merfolk centric eventually.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    Del Sol Valley.
    Sidenote, I've made some really fun builds in Magnolia Promenade that were regular living houses, not shops. I like the tram running by in the background, it feels like home.

I had a hard time with Del Sol Valley as well. I find a third of the map to be a nightmare. But there is a lot that works beautifully for making a back alley kind of slum area.

I have some Shops with apartments above them in Magnolia Promenade. So I can use them as retail, or residential, or both with mods.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I use the worlds differently in my various saves, but I pretty much use all the ones I have. Granite Falls the least often, but sometimes my sims vacation there.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

I've been mostly unimpressed with the premades in Tartosa,

I nearly always evict my premades but don't delete them. (Although they do often get at least minor CAS makeovers.) Most of them have that hidden trait for "native of __ (whatever the world is), so I still see the running around all the time, which helps to make the worlds feel both more populated and more authentic, and also helps to crowd out some of the randos like Nancy Landgraab.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I rarely go to Glimmberbrook. I do have one sim living there who I like, and I'll eventually get back to her in my rotation. I have a few ideas for other households, but I just don't love the world. It doesn't seem to fit aesthetically with either the CAS or the B/B, or the theme in general; it's like they plopped down all of these big Art Deco manors (but clunkier), in the middle of Granite Falls. I don't know, it just doesn't really work for me. Plus, it's so small that it's just a few households and the bar (which I might eventually change to a retail lot), so there's basically no reason for my sims who don't live there to ever visit.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I realized recently that there is a lot of worlds I never use. Or just rarely use. I tend to stick to the same worlds.

Never use:
    Del soy Valley-Unless I’m playing celebrities I try to mess with them as little as possible.
    Evergreen Harbor-Of all the worlds this seems like the most missed opportunity. I just feel like there is nothing to do here.
    Forgotten Hollow-Prefer not to play with the occults
    Glimmerbrook-ditto
    Strangerville-Ditto/rarely solve the mystery
    Newcrest-Tends to be exclusively housing for NPCs

Rarely use:
    Brindleton bay
    Henford-on-Bagley-seems distant from where my Sims live.
    Selvadorada-Honestly I just don’t like how NPCs from the world take over after your visit.
    Granite Falls-Sometimes I forget it’s there.

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I don’t like worlds that don’t have snow. I still visit them and sometimes live there, but I mainly aim for worlds with snow. I love seeing the seasons change.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I enjoy all my worlds, but Evergreen Harbor is the one with "temporarily stored households" that are not actually played. Got some played households in there too, but I guess that might be the world I play less.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I play in all the worlds because my sims like to roam. I don't have any households in Magnolia Promenade as it's only shops and restaurants, and in Mt. Komorebi which I have used mostly as vacation destination.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    I had a hard time with Del Sol Valley as well.

The upper part of Del Sol valley is amazing. All the lower lots are ugly and boring (Say what you will about Oasis Springs, but a suburb consisting only of mid century modern houses (my favorite architectural style) is awesome). Downtown "LA" is just... ugly.
    Also all the pre-built public lots needs renos to be useful.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Evergreen Harbor. I don't particularly like the look and the layout of the world and there's nothing to do there that my sims can't do everywhere else. I have three families living there that I almost never play with, one of which used to live in Willow Creek until they maxed their skills and careers and I ran out of things to do with them. In a way, you could say I'm using Evergeen Harbor as a retirement home for sims I'm no longer playing with, but don't want to kill off or delete either.

Also, Granite Falls. I would use it if it was residential, but as a vacation destination, I don't see a point in it. The first sim I ever sent there was a nature lover who I assumed would enjoy camping in the forest, but she was tense the entire time because her fun was low and there was nothing to do in the wilderness to get it up. (This was before the introduction of likes and dislikes made it possible to let sims have fun fishing or picking flowers.) I've also given up on herbalism a long time ago, the potion recipes you unlock are hardly worth the effort (and boredom) of travelling to Granite Falls over and over to collect the required insects.

Then of course, the worlds from packs I don't own yet, Batuu and Tartosa. I am planning on getting My Wedding Stories eventually, though, and using the world.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I don't use Magnolia Promenade, but I'd like to and recently I want to add venues and maybe a house. Get my sims in clubs to visit more. I'm thinking a cafe, a bar, community garden and maybe a house. But a wedding venue, spa, bed n breakfast, and restaurant may be nice there too.....

I need to go through my worlds and organize. When I play I will know where all the libraries are, and or the cafes. I forget at times what all I have.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I don't use Magnolia Promenade, but I'd like to and recently I want to add venues and maybe a house. Get my sims in clubs to visit more. I'm thinking a cafe, a bar, community garden and maybe a house. But a wedding venue, spa, bed n breakfast, and restaurant may be nice there too.....

I need to go through my worlds and organize. When I play I will know where all the libraries are, and or the cafes. I forget at times what all I have.

I have replaced all retail with things there are too few of: So one Spa, one Restaurant, one public pool, one café.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I use them all in my rotational play. I quiet like all the world's and think each one has something interesting about it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Hey, this would make a great poll question so we could see the breakdown of which are the least-used worlds.

I never use Magnolia Promenade. I tried it once and both shopping, and running a shop, in Sims4, is so boring I just never went back. But then, I don't care for clothes shopping in real life either, and it's so much easier to just get what my sims need in build/buy mode. Cha-ching, done.

I also rarely use Del Sol Valley, probably because I just don't like the desert, and I don't like the architecture, the vibe of that world, don't like the clubs there, it all feels terrifically podunk for a place that the Landgraabs etc would choose to live. Must have done it for proximity to their career because that place is just dreary.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • FiendishlyDelightedFiendishlyDelighted Posts: 26 Member
    Hmm, Willow Creek (blah to me), Windenburg (nice to visit), Britechester (uni was not really for me), Eco Valley(I really got that pack for the solar panels so I could live out my off grid dreams lol - but a world of crazy environmentalists telling me how to live my sims lives? NO THANK YOU). Magnolia Promenade (Retail...), Komorebi (vacation world for me), Glimmerbrook (can't figure out what to build).

Most worlds I have a reason for playing. Oasis Springs and Newcrest are my usual starter haunts. San Myshuno is great for apartment living. Del Sol has a great lot for a rags to riches homeless sim struggling to start out (literally put a tent, campfire and cooler on that big lot and the vibe is perfect as is. The high taxes amp up the difficulty.). FH for vamps, Sulani for everyone, and the cat/dog world is great for farmers. Strangerville has great ambience (probably the best small town feel of all the Sim worlds - spectacularly done.) and the best views. I love my artist sim's paint from reference works there. Even opened a shop there and the build fits the world. Most end up in Sulani, Strangerville, or the cat/dog world.

HoB is middle ground for me. Want to love it, but thinking the thatch roofs makes me not. Or maybe it is just too British. Love the Brits but not British ambience.

Truthfully, we need a Louisiana Bayou world so my dreams of death by crocodile (ala Lake Placid) and my someday voodoo queen will have a nice swampy world to inhabit. With the Sulani dock system, should be an easy world to build in concept.
    edited May 2022
    I had a hard time with Del Sol Valley as well.
    The upper part of Del Sol valley is amazing. All the lower lots are ugly and boring (Say what you will about Oasis Springs, but a suburb consisting only of mid century modern houses (my favorite architectural style) is awesome). Downtown "LA" is just... ugly.
    Also all the pre-built public lots needs renos to be useful.

Heh, it is the lower part of Del Sol Valley that I like best. Call me crazy, I just love how it looks so, broke. I have a back alley with run down old houses for poorer sims there. It is the perfect neighborhood for it. It is hard to find lots that you can make a believable grungy build on in the game cause the surroundings are always so freaking pretty.

But downtown, oh yeah, agree 100%! It is a nightmare, lol.

I had a hard time initially with Oasis Springs cause I just don't like the desert aesthetic. But I love the little cul-de-sac so much! And that inspired me with some stories and builds.

Marnetti wrote: »
    I don’t like worlds that don’t have snow. I still visit them and sometimes live there, but I mainly aim for worlds with snow. I love seeing the seasons change.

Do some not have snow!? I seriously did not even notice this, lol! :D

crocobaura wrote: »
    I play in all the worlds because my sims like to roam. I don't have any households in Magnolia Promenade as it's only shops and restaurants, and in Mt. Komorebi which I have used mostly as vacation destination.

I am the same. I like my sims all over. I play rotationally, so it is an added bonus that even if I don't visit some place too often, when I switch houses I will be there again for a time.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    Evergreen Harbor. I don't particularly like the look and the layout of the world and there's nothing to do there that my sims can't do everywhere else.

I use this world for poorer houses. I think the neighborhood suits these builds, especially with all the trash about. Plus there are a couple cheap apartments for poor sims starting out.

Hey, this would make a great poll question so we could see the breakdown of which are the least-used worlds.

Yeah that was my plan, but you can only list 10 options for a poll. There are too many worlds unfortunately. Maybe I will compile the info everyone posts, and update the main post with the info.