Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited May 2022
    There's a possibility we may get a Sims Delivery Express tomorrow. The last three were released on a Wednesday, with the most recent one released on April 27.

Has the Sims Delivery Express ever delivered a release date before? First time for everything.

It is at least something to look forward to. I'm not getting my hopes up again until they give us something to go on.
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Not sure if everybody's seen this one yet, but @simgirl1010 found an intriguing teaser post on The Sims' Instagram account & posted it on "The Sims on Social Media" thread, bottom of page 13. (I'm new here so can't link to it.)

It's a video of a spooky house.... Make sure you have the audio on.

If it's really what we hope it is, it'll be music to my ears...

Unfortunately, it's just the Sims team picking their favorites from the Twitter question they asked. The video wasn't made by them, it was made by a fellow simmer who just made a nice video of their 'late night' build. (sound effects included).
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The road map doesn't mean we should expect something immidiately. It's just gives us an idea of when we can expect to hear something. The first reveal could be on the very last date of May and it would still be true to the road map. I personally don't want the gurus to feel pressured. I'm sure they are excited to show what they have been working on when the time is right, and the only thing greater than patience is inner patience 😌

I'm using this time to clean up my game, which I always do before big packs. I'm going through and eliminating useless cc so that I can start merging.
    Deleting duplicates, cleaning out mods, and creating my (potential 👀) wearwolve sims.
    This way whatever the pack turns out to be all I have to worry about is updating a few mods but everything else will be set up to start playing with the new stuff.
    Once I'm done this I might start working on some more cave lots.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Obviously, it's nothing to get upset about and it'll be out when it's out, but what a waste of momentum! People that didn't even want an occult pack were rooting for the announcement after it seemed pretty clear what we were getting. Like others have said though, there's plenty of game to play in the meantime. Just rolling with it.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I am anxious to hear more, but I am pretty patient as well. I would guess dealing with the wedding pack probably set them behind schedule, which is why we didn't get a road map when everyone expected it as well. To be fair, a lot of people were asking "where is the roadmap, when is it coming", then they gave us the roadmap, and now some are going to be frustrated they gave us a road map if they weren't ready to release more info soon after. They can't please everyone. I think someone had said they preferred they just make announcements when they have a release date, rather than give a lot of hints over time. Personally I am the opposite, I love that these days we get a lot of interaction and hints building up to announcements.

In any case, I am sure we'd all agree we'd rather it was done well, than done fast.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    *Mumbles*

*Waits in the dark, ready to pounce, eyes glinting.*
    #Team Occult
    edited May 2022
    I am anxious to hear more, but I am pretty patient as well. I would guess dealing with the wedding pack probably set them behind schedule, which is why we didn't get a road map when everyone expected it as well. To be fair, a lot of people were asking "where is the roadmap, when is it coming", then they gave us the roadmap, and now some are going to be frustrated they gave us a road map if they weren't ready to release more info soon after. They can't please everyone. I think someone had said they preferred they just make announcements when they have a release date, rather than give a lot of hints over time. Personally I am the opposite, I love that these days we get a lot of interaction and hints building up to announcements.

In any case, I am sure we'd all agree we'd rather it was done well, than done fast.

You are absolutely right. I let myself get carried away because I let my excitement drag my emotions into this and I'm not alone in that most likley. We will have our news eventually, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Next week wouldn't be so bad, I'll be free all next week so I could actually be here for it, not stuck at work when it happens.

Whenever it does come, I still have faith that it will be worth the wait. It will be something we'll be happy with. Meanwhile I have sims to make ready, and stories to dream up.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Technically, meteorological speaking, May is the last spring month and June is first summer month.
    So I expect all 3 packs to arrive within this month.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
    Technically, meteorological speaking, May is the last spring month and June is first summer month.

There's still a full moon coming up on June 14th I believe. Someone on one of these threads brought that fact up. They also noted the 14th falls on a Tuesday. What could be more perfect for a werewolf pack? It's plausible and even if word doesn't come until next week they'd still have three weeks to hype the release.

I don't see all three coming this month, I do think the first kit will be the 24th or 31st. We'll see when it happens, we do know it will all be out by the end of June so at least we won't have a full three month wait like a typical roadmap.😁

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Meanwhile I have sims to make ready, and stories to dream up.

I have been trying not to be too dedicated on a story until I can see what type of game play it will involve. But I have to admit I really want to make Red and Grandma for the Little Red Riding Hood story that popped in my head. I even starting thinking about how to decorate a cute little cottage for Grandma.. I have never done a twist on fairy tale before, so I am pretty excited about it.

I love your matriarch pack idea too! Awesome.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    edited May 2022
    @Chaotic_Moira Thank you. I was like, it's always a male wolf leading a pack. We can turn into werewolves and lead a pack just as well as the men! And I'm equally taken with your idea for Little Red Riding Hood. I hope you post pics of that story if you play it out.

I'm just sketching out ideas. In the case of the sim I uploaded, Shea, I'm working right now creating her backstory in HoB. I'm glad you happened by because you will get a kick out of how she got the name Shea. I made her in the middle of the speculation about getting a Scottish Highlands world with the pack. I'm putting the finishing touches on her and I pause and I look at her there on the screen and I think to myself, 'she is going to make the best she wolf ever', only when I said it, I jokingly said it in my terrible attempt at a Scottish accent, and it came out as Shea. Shea's a wolf that one is. Boom, Shea Wolfe was born. I figured you being married to a Scot, you would have fun with that. And you and your hubby can confirm or deny whether she sounds like Shea when the speaker has a thick Scottish accent.

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    > @Bubblegumjonah said:
    > Unfortunately, it's just the Sims team picking their favorites from the Twitter question they asked. The video wasn't made by them, it was made by a fellow simmer who just made a nice video of their 'late night' build. (sound effects included).

Bummer.

Thanks for letting me know!

Then I will patiently wait and see. Would be nice to hear something, though.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,877 Member
    @Chaotic_Moira Yeah the release date is probably the least important aspect of a pack as far as I am concerned.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,863 Member
    HaIBzGZ.png
    Well actually the same hope. I hope we get some news today. :p
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    @simgirl1010 me too.
    My comment about spring a bit up was just me being nitpicky.
    I’d love for some communication from their side though. Anything. And not just “let us see your builds after dark”
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Chaotic_Moira Yeah the release date is probably the least important aspect of a pack as far as I am concerned.

I like a release date though. Its like the difference between being told you will get a present sometime in December vs being told you will get a present on the 25th of December. The first one makes me anxious...the second one makes me excited!
    I suppose I just like to know what is going on. ;)

I can roll with that. :p
    HaIBzGZ.png

We know this much, the window to the end of the roadmap is getting shorter everyday. So each new day means the chance that we hear something goes up each day. They can't keep quiet forever.🙂

It's amazing what a little sleep and a new day can do for your outlook. And having my bubble burst didn't hurt either, I needed it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    HaIBzGZ.png

Yep...
    mr-bean-waiting.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Chaotic_Moira Thank you. I was like, it's always a male wolf leading a pack. We can turn into werewolves and lead a pack just as well as the men! And I'm equally taken with your idea for Little Red Riding Hood. I hope you post pics of that story if you play it out.

How about: Red Riding Hood as pack leader :sunglasses: I think she would make lovely leader to the wolves
    the poor wolf posing as grandma definitely did not expect that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    logion wrote: »

Yep...
    mr-bean-waiting.gif

I hope the waiting pays off for you. I know you've been kinda disenchanted with the game for a while. :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2022
    HaIBzGZ.png
    There will never be news again. :(
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Simmingal wrote: »

How about: Red Riding Hood as pack leader :sunglasses: I think she would make lovely leader to the wolves
    the poor wolf posing as grandma definitely did not expect that

I like it a lot! You could have Red as a human leader with her 'pets' or have her turned and leading the pack that way.
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I'm just excited to have my alpha werewolf man romance a bookish spellcaster lad. I need it!
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im excited to see who does the best Teenwolf sim on the Gallery...coz you know its coming!LOL