Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation Thread 2022 (Patch Out Now) (Emergency Patch Out Now May 27th)

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We may get a Patch Tuesday.
    SDX coming Wednesday.
    Two Kits Thursday.
    This better give us an R&B radio station or else Imma wait until the next roadmap of 2022
  • Options
    Y'all! Tomorrow's gonna be a patch day, just let me know if there is or is no R&B radio station showing up on the patch note, OK? Cause I'm ready to get upset if it doesn't come back on 2022, the year that we're currently in right now
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2022
    There is a Patch coming Tomorrow. One of the modders has confirmed. Got my info from Pixelade on Youtube. It makes sense though. They need a patch to get the game ready for the two kits and we're getting an SDX Wednesday. I'm not expecting very many bug fixes in this patch but I am hopeful since the Chic Kit is considered dating themed we'll get an Online Dating Feature and Attraction Feaure aka turn ons and turn offs in this patch.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    There is a Patch coming Tomorrow. One of the modders has confirmed. Got my info from Pixelade on Youtube. It makes sense though. They need a patch to get the game ready for the two kits and we're getting an SDX Wednesday. I'm not expecting very many bug fixes in this patch but I am hopeful since the Chic Kit is considered dating themed we'll get an Online Dating Feature and Attraction Feaure aka turn ons and turn offs in this patch.

I hope you are right for the attraction and online dating feature (because I would LOVE it so bad) but I feel like this won't come.
    I have a strong feeling that this patch will come with very, very few bug fixes and nothing more.

But I am always ready to be surprised! :D
  • Options
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

I hope you are right for the attraction and online dating feature (because I would LOVE it so bad) but I feel like this won't come.
    I have a strong feeling that this patch will come with very, very few bug fixes and nothing more.

Even if it doesn't happen today I feel pretty sure we ll get it sometimes this Summer.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member

Even if it doesn't happen today I feel pretty sure we ll get it sometimes this Summer.

If not today perhaps the much anticipated, and long overdue EP. Today would be perfect though with the tie in to Moonlight Chic's theme. I'm still looking for more screenshots of that kit so I can make up my mind if I'm getting on day one or waiting a bit.

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Do we know for sure that patch is today? Has there been a Guru post on Twitter saying so?
  • Options
    Do we know for sure that patch is today? Has there been a Guru post on Twitter saying so?

Pixelade covered this topic on a video.
    Seems like a modder shared that a patch would be out today and that it could add more than just bug fixes, hoping this won't break the game (and CC)

https://youtu.be/mNWjfdKM96w
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It would be absurd to sell us a children's rocket in the kit while the "adult rocket" has been broken for one year now.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Seems like a modder shared that a patch would be out today and that it could add more than just bug fixes, hoping this won't break the game (and CC)

Thank you!
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

Do modders know when patches come out ahead of time?
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member

I so, so, so hope you are right about this! I don't think I dare to believe it until I see it but I felt like this was due by wedding stories, so I really hope it will come now.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

Do modders know when patches come out ahead of time?

Well, in the past modders knew also themes before we did and created CC that would hint at future packs.
    I clearly remember when this was the case of Batuu pack and Cottage Living.
    So I assume this still happen if they are part of any EA Game Changers thing.
  • Options
    Wow! Finally a patch day with no R&B radio station?! Well that's OK with me, Imma wait until the next 2022 roadmap of The Sims 4 to get my R&B radio station back. Well at least I'm happy that pronouns options are back, y'all!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sure would be nice to read some Patch Notes. The other games I play seem to manage to post them at the same time the patch is released.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well the pronoun update is only for English versions. My game is in French and there is no pronoun option.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited May 2022
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Well the pronoun update is only for English versions. My game is in French and there is no pronoun option.

They said it'd only release for english at first initially, but later would release for different languages later. This is mostly due to the fact that languages are complex and different from one another and it's not something they can easily just substitute for 1:1. They have to tailor for each one. Which will take time.
  • Options
    Told ya!

Not much bug fixes LOL
    I am not even expecting them to work on fixing them any day in the future.
  • Options
    Told ya!

Not much bug fixes LOL

Yeah only 2 fixes. There will be more in the upcoming Gamepack Patch.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Told ya!

Not much bug fixes LOL

How do you know? And why is the GP patch "upcoming"? Be prepared to wait till the end of June.
  • Options
    Told ya!

Not much bug fixes LOL

How do you know? And why is the GP patch "upcoming"? Be prepared to wait till the end of June.

Unless they drop a 2nd may patch after kits are released (it might happen on may 31th), I am ok with you about the fact that we are not getting anything unless the GP release which will happen for sure after mid june
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Ahh I wish there were more bug fixes like come on :disappointed:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Is that all there was in the patch? I'm not gonna be able to get on game for a bit, seems like there should've been more. Maybe before the GP drops that patch will have more fixes and updates.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2022
    That's zero for my game. I want real free content that really adds to my game. My nintendo doesn't have it and nearly all games out there don't. Sims is suppose to be independent of all people and be their own little thing. I don't think we needed pronouns for a ......game, we need..........game play! It's suppose to be a game and it hasn't felt like one in so long. While Sims 4 has some great stuff, it doesn't even scratch the surface of Sims 3 and I think simmers are mad because we get no real content, they've cut down on teams since the Sims 3 which means waiting forever for anything when we use to get stuff left and right between the store and games, and because they are trying to cater to everyone instead of making the game. You're not going to please everyone and trying to please some while leaving others out is just going to make others mad. I say forget all that and make gameplay.