Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: Strangetown - lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3

DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 3 Builders
gR7O0hJ.png

The fifth town's content remade for Sims 3! Strangetown is simultaneously the smallest town of all of Sims 2, AND the largest. And that is is because the PC original has been supplemented by Strangetown appearing in four additional games, each with exclusive content. The PS2 has a new Smith family feuding with an alien-hating neighbour, a household of crazy artists trying to make an Art Gallery, a forlorn washed up movie star looking for a dead lost love on a ruined movie set, and a regular family in a green area of Strangetown. The GBA and DS versions continued on from the Busting Out and Urbs handheld stories, with a few minor cameos from PC Strangetown, and the PSP version was a full-fledged story about what happens to Strangetown a few years down the line, with almost every PC playable sim appearing. Thus, I was quickly swamped with content to make and I got stuck many times over how to convert the non-PC game lots to Sims 3's style.

Strangetown has always been my favourite of the pre-made towns, as its wacky, weird and full of nonstandard gameplay and content. Like with Veronaville and ALT, I also consider the La Fiesta Tech students to be part of Strangetown, thus you will find versions of them living at home, before they go to university.

Content for this town will be the slowest but most longlived, as I have a LOT of content to do. As of this first post though, I have finished all of the base PC sims and lots and will upload those first.

As always, there should be no CC, as I only use bugfixing mods in my games. As a result, some families and lots look different, due to Sims 3 simply not having anything close.

Other Sims 2 town lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3:
  1. Tutorial World - Fully Complete! (Thread restructuring needed)
  2. Pleasantview - Under construction
  3. Veronaville - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
  4. Four Corners - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
  5. Bitville - Complete, requires Townies and NPCs
  6. Garden Heights - Minimal work
  7. Mesa Flats - Most families made, all lots started
  8. Arbor Falls - Minimal work

Strangetown PC Quick Links:
  1. Smith family
  2. Grunt family
  3. Curious family
  4. Beaker family
  5. Spectre family
  6. Singles family bin household
  7. Loner family bin family
  8. Hart/Love household
  9. Davis family
  10. Terrano family
  11. Moonbeam family
  12. Williamson family
  13. Vonderstein family
  14. Wrightley family
  15. Dosser family
  16. Bratford family
  17. Pilferson family
  18. Verse family
  19. Rai family
  20. Zimmerman family
  21. Roque family
  22. Worthington family

Strangetown PS2 Quick Links:
  1. Smith family (Seperate to PC Smith family)
  2. Bragg family
  3. Hirt household
  4. Mesa Gallery artist household
  5. Freebers family

Strangetown PSP Quick Links:
  1. Deputy Duncan
  2. Bella Goth & Emily Emory
  3. Mambo Loa
  4. Oscar Del Fuego
  5. Doctor Dominion Dominic Newlow
  6. Dente family
  7. Roland Calonzo
  8. Rossum family
  9. Howell family
  10. Penelope Kline
  11. Pita Florica & Gimi Branko
  12. Virginya Feng
  13. Lincoln Broadsheet
  14. Kine Society household
  15. Dudes in Black

Strangetown GBA/DS Quick Links:
  1. Horus Menhoset IX
  2. Tristan Legend & Optimum Alfred
  3. Honest Jackson
  4. Emperor Xizzle & Burple
  5. Fusilli family
  6. Additional sims are planned

Community Lot and Empty Home Quick Links:
Townie Pack Quick Links
  • Pack 1: Crystal Vu, Abhijeet Cho and Samuel Riley
  • Paradise Place Townies (PSP Content)
  • Deadtree Townies (PSP Content)
  • Division 47 Townies (PSP Content)

NPC/Service Sims Quick Links
  • Nannies (Converted to Daycare career sims)
  • Carpool Drivers (Converted to regular Townies)
  • Gardeners (Converted to regular Townies)
  • Delivery Service (Converted to regular Townies)
  • Exterminators (Converted to Ghost Hunter and Townies)
  • Cashiers (Converted to Baby Sitters and Townies)
  • Repomen
  • Social Workers
  • Repair Services
  • Maids
  • Pizza Delivery
  • Police
  • Burglars
  • Firefighters
  • Bartenders
  • Mail Carriers
  • Newspaper Deliverers
  • DJ, Magician, Singer, Acrobat, Party Dancers, Butler and Science Geek to be determined
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
Post edited by Devalaous on

Comments

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2022
    The Smith Family

After a fruitful career, Pollination Technician 9 has retired to his favorite planet. But can his son Johnny make friends and fit in, or is this family just too strange for Strangetown?

Download the Smith family here

NOTE: The download says it requires a blackjack table, there is no blackjack table on the lot whatsoever!

DpvbWWU.jpg
    The iconic Strangetown family, now with actual alien powers via Seasons! PT9 has his special alien ancestors in his inventory as graves; move them onto a graveyard or similar out of the way location.

aJ8eWDZ.jpg
    xDcNAQy.jpg
    The only thing PT9 loves more than his lawn is his family. When he is not spending time with his children, he enjoys clipping coupons and staring up at the sky.

PT9 was the very first Strangetown sim I made, via editing an existing natural alien. I wanted to see how well his unique facial structure from Sims 2 could carry across to the Sims 3 engine, with the rather different skintone colour from Sims 3 aliens. He no longer has to sleep, so hes usually up all night doing housework. Good thing too, due to engine differences, his side of the bed is now blocked off by the fireplace.

sfuHknH.jpg
    znO7Pj9.jpg
    Jenny loves having a career, but she wishes she could spend more time with her family, and maybe make some new friends. She really likes green.

Jenny now looks her age; shes the eldest of the Curious siblings, and 5 days away from Elderhood, even taking Sims 3's much longer lives into account. The half-alien daughters of PT9 are still technically older, but they have worked around that.. Thanks to the favourite system, Jenny does indeed have green as her favourite colour, and shes also eco-friendly....so she can talk to people about going green. Shoot me now.

g1A56w5.jpg
    dhCFAbR.jpg
    Johnny dreams of being the hero that rides in on a white horse, or at least a cool sports car.

Johnny is a sim that was full of difficulties. In Sims 3, Alien DNA gives you full alien powers, black eyes, and an echoey voice, until your alien DNA
    dips below 20%, instead of losing more and more powers as the DNA dilutes. Thus, Johnny's human eyes are impossible. So this Johnny, under the hood, has 19.9% alien DNA, just like his sister. I did the same for the Caliente sisters, as 25% gave them powers. Consider it as story and gameplay segregation. He is also on his last day of teenhood, just like Sims 2, but no worries, he has learned how to drive, and graduated from school activities, so players wont miss out on much.

eoBg6Ta.jpg
    O7Nx8Mk.jpg
    When Jill closes her eyes, she sees dolphins. She has her heart set on becoming a deep sea welder someday.

Jill is lucky; despite technically being half-alien, she looks absolutely identical to normal sims, and if her brother and father werent in the public eye, noone would ever know she was different. However, she DOES have special powers. The PSP game establishes she has pyrokinesis, a power shes terrified of. She has this in Sims 3 too, thanks to the secret Pyromaniac trait, which allows random fires and the ability to turn fruits into flame fruits.

lGgkgUh.jpg
    NKF4hVw.jpg
    Perfectly Human Home - A perfectly normal rural home along the Road to Nowhere. Great care has been taken to keep the grass green and growing amid the desert aridity.

The Smith home always stood out just like its residents. Green lawns in the middle of the desert, a home that looks like it was plucked out of a regular town. The pool seems to attract a lot of people in my game; if a service NPC shows up, they will often dive into the pool before leaving.

The plants not needing maintenance is a godsend, PT9 tended to spend all day out there, and some of the plants were bugged too. The golfing item is naturally now replaced by the Showtime golf item.

Py4iy1X.jpg
    Additions and changes to the lower floor are basically adding a laundry room to a previously empty little room, and replacing a chess set with a small dining table; this is because chess tables cannot fit in 3x1 spaces anymore, they now need a lot more.

fyVY6A7.jpg
    The upstairs floor houses the removed chess table from downstairs in the spare room, and the bathroom has been made smaller; this is due to changes to stairs, you cannot have tiles above any part of the staircase now. As a result, Johnny cannot take a shortcut into the bathroom anymore. Johnny's room is very decorated in accolades from his teen years, as he is on the verge of young adulthood.

Bonus Pictures:
    H9B8a7S.jpg
    A family dinner

xtAWYXN.jpg
    A weekend relaxing by the pool

cCXvEem.jpg
    Alien status changes the way couples sleep, and not for the better..

ICwRzX9.jpg
    Naturally, this fire broke out as soon as I started taking pictures. The firefighter yelled at PT9 to be careful, then immediately stripped to his swimwear and leapt into the pool.

fi6puTl.png
    PT9 had no pension in the original, but I gave him a rather humourous retirement deal in this one. Caution: The game likes to pull elders out of retirement if there are careers that need NPC coworkers and bosses for your active household. You wont be able to get his retirement back easily.

zLHMg8q.jpg
    Johnny's girlfriend Ophelia came over one day, captured her chatting with PT9

GoTNUaH.jpg
    PT9 teaching Johnny how to drive

IohEBnS.jpg
    Home repairs are easier when you have alien powers

vG56o0B.jpg
    Its fine to drink, hes almost an adult!

Official gender preferences taken from the files:
    PT9: M: 0 F: 10
    Jenny: M: 10 F: 0
    Johnny: M: 0 F: 10
    Jill: M: 10 F: 0

edited April 2022
    The Grunt Family

Tank has always lived under the hard thumb of his father, General Buzz Grunt. In this domesticated boot camp, can Tank prove his worth to this demanding Dad?

Download the Grunt family here

NOTE: Due to the obstacle course replacement, I had to use the rock climbing wall DLC. Those without the DLC will have to build a decorative obstacle course.

u5HobNt.jpg

This family was pretty much impossible to 100% accurately convert, as the military stuff that the Grunt family uses so heavily just plain doesn't exist in Sims 3. The entire family tree is present, as graves in the family inventories. This includes Lyla Grunt, who is packaged with her family instead of being on the Spectre graveyard, so that the family tree link isnt severed. Have Olive move Lyla's grave to its rightful spot once both lots are installed, and the rest of the graves can be moved to a proper graveyard.

All family members have the hidden trait 'Can Salute', as expected of a military family. All four have also gotten max scouting rank from the childhood afterschool activity.

GzPjH8e.jpg
    WE04Gwj.jpg
    The General likes to have his clocks set to military time. He used to enjoy barbershop quartet singing, but that is classified information.

General Buzz Grunt looks a bit different that Sims 2 players will expect; his Sims 2 hairstyle is not in the game whatsoever, so I made do with a military 'buzz cut' that the ingame military uses a lot. Since the top rank of Military in this game is not General, his career outfit that he starts the game wearing in Sims 2, is represented as his 'Everyday 2' outfit. Here he looks closer to his Sims 2 look. He also wears that outfit all the time in Sims 2 for PSP. The major difference in gameplay for this version is that Buzz is home 6 days of the week, far more time to harass his kids and argue with the local aliens.

48BsDMf.jpg
    TlrSD7E.jpg
    Tank Grunt wants to be just like his old man. He spends his days lifting heavy things, dodging imaginary bullets, and being bigger than the other guy, but deep down inside, he wonders if anyone really knows who he is.

Tank is almost unrecognisable. His hairstyle AND his military facepaint are both not in the game at all, and without both, he just looks like a different person. I gave him a different hairstyle to Buzz that still has the shaved sides that his original hairstyle has, to differentiate him a bit. The fact that I cant recreate Tank's look hurts lot, as Tank was so iconic, that he went on to appear in THREE of the other Strangetown games; the only game hes absent from is the PS2 version, which only has Strangetown as a sidearea. Another devastating blow to Tank is that he cant do what hes scripted to do in Sims 2; he cant get a teen job in the Military to impress his dad. About the only thing he can do is get sent off to Fort Starch, and thats not very fun for the player.

JQv6T69.jpg
    FhSqvOw.jpg
    Ripp totally doesn't care what you think of him. He is going to do whatever he wants to do, which is mostly what everyone else is doing.

The slacker of the Grunt family, Ripp is bullied by both his father and older brother, and this continues even into the PSP game. He has a level 2 part-time career just like in Sims 2, likely his one escape from his family. Many players like to hook him up with his friend Ophelia Nigmos, despite her existing relationship with Johnny. Due to his parttime job, hes unable to take part in afterschool activities. Despite his non-military nature, in the PSP timeline he ends up forced into it anyway and ends up as a Corporal who acts as the quartermaster for Division 47, so sending him off to Fort Starch near the end of his teenage years may be ideal, for continuity.

3fIGm4o.jpg
    KPHIKHg.jpg
    More than anything else, Buck wants to be a pet stylist to the stars. He spends a lot of time wondering why his father never seems to notice him.

Buck is the forgotten child of the Grunt household. With Buzz focusing on Tank and trying to whip Ripp into shape, the little one far FAR from military stuff is out of his mind, normally Lyla would be raising him, but well... Buck should be enrolled in Scouting ASAP, as its the quickest way to get some recognition from his father and oldest brother. Buck was so forgotten, that hes actually one of two residents of Strangetown that doesn't show up in the PSP game; the other is Olive, who is dead by then. Thankfully he wasn't forgotten in the official Sims 4 iteration.

BGT25df.jpg
    rZLVXky.jpg
    oMDm3Ns.jpg
    Military Living Quarters B - The Grunt family has always lived in this military-built home. Comes equipped with a 'surveillance tower' built on 'claimed land' to spy on all those suspicious neighbours.

Not too many changes here from the original; the obstacle course stands out though. Buzz has the military career reward already placed in Sims 2, and uses it to keep himself in shape, and to train his three kids to be physically fit. Given how Buck starts Sims 2 with maximum fatness, he kind of needs it. However in Sims 3, I had to either build a decorative version made of fences, like what you can see in Isla Paradiso behind the City Hall, or use the rock climbing DLC. I used the DLC as I can have Tank and Ripp compete, or even Buzz versus Ripp or Tank. Buck cannot use it though.

wgUPKn3.jpg
    Only real changes is adding laundry to the lower bathroom, as it was very empty, and sneaking in 'The Brigadier', Buzz's secret teddy bear mentioned in the PSP version.

6ccI8Jc.jpg
    The three bedrooms are slightly more decorated, and have schoolbags for the three (Buck cannot use his till hes a teen), and the exercise room has a martial arts dummy instead of the punching bag, so now Buzz can use those 6 days a week off-duty, to perfect his body.

Bonus Pictures:
    zambgWc.jpg
    Buzz's astronaut suit has been recoloured to be less garish and more coloured like his original career outfit.

2BbWUZM.jpg
    Instead of the neat military humvee that shows up for some military career levels, Buzz has this big vehicle in camo pattern. Tank and Ripp also have cars, but Buzz needs to teach them to drive first. In the meantime, Tank has a military camo bicycle...

DKrGcgF.jpg
    Buzz oversees a training session with his kids.

Buzz: M: -10 F: 10
    Tank: M: -10 F: 10
    Ripp: M: 0 F: 10
    Buck: M: 0 F: 10

The Curious Family

In search of truth and mystery, the Curious brothers got more than they were "expecting." Can Pascal, Lazlo, and Vidcund cope with their new roles as cosmic parents?

Download the Curious family here

Cxa1obJ.jpg
    Rather than do things exactly like Sims 2 and start with Pascal pregnant, in this version he has already given birth; this is because there is no control over what pregnant sims wear, a high chance for existing outfit selections to be ruined, and sometimes babies can be born without special features; during the making of this family, Tycho was once born as a regular sim! Not to mention, canonically the baby IS a male named Tycho.

The Curious family is pretty much THE biggest family ever made in Sims, on par and even beating the Capps and Montys in some ways. The ENTIRE family tree is included, and it expands back to the Twinbrook roots. Glabe Curious is also included.

A1PHFgQ.jpg
    7y56nkO.jpg
    No matter what happens, Pascal believes there is a logical explanation for everything. In his free time, he practices home psychoanalysis and collects conspiracy theories.

Pascal starts off with maxed Writing skill, a direct conversion of his 10 Creativity skill points. In the original, he started off heavily pregnant and already in maternity wear, and would give birth to Tycho not too long after loading the Curious lot (And Tycho had a chance to be female, and could even be born with human skin, just like Jill Smith!) However, due to the PSP version's canon, and the problems of packaging a pregnant sim, this Pascal has already given birth.

EddhUea.jpg
    H5z97KL.jpg
    Serious and exact, Vidcund strives to fit the universe into a nice tidy package. He has an unnatural fondness for African violets.

Vidcund was a bit difficult to make, he has a very distinct look in Sims 2. I believe this result is adequate however. He has career history as a firefighter, a reference to one of his secrets in Sims 2 PSP. Vidcund was scripted in Sims 2 to instantly get abducted if he used the telescope after loading the Curious lot, resulting in TWO alien-sim hybrid babies to look after. However, it wasn't canon, as Sims 2 PSP shows only Pascal's baby was ever born. Feel free to get him pregnant via Pollination Technician anyway though!

3H5fWPT.jpg
    FT2q2lD.jpg
    Not as studious as his older brothers, Lazlo got his degree in Phrenology. He likes to call phone psychics and spends hours trying to bend forks with his mind.

Lazlo is meant to be the slacker of the Science Bros, yet he actually starts out higher on the career. Due to being laid-back, he has no feuds with the Beakers, and will be important in the PSP story, when its revealed he has a cousin named Sinjin Balani, who uses his influence to get your sim into a government facility where Lazlo now works.

AcnsZEF.jpg
    Pascal actually gave BIRTH to baby Tycho after he was abducted by aliens.
    Tycho Curious was made canon by the PSP version; there he is the target of a quest near the end of the game. His bio was taken directly from Pascal's 'Secrets' menu, as he doesn't have an official EA one, but this one does fit. Unlike regular alien pregnancies in Sims 3, Tycho is a proper 50% DNA human/sim hybrid. I made him by remaking the Pollination Technician and blending his DNA with Pascal's, Tycho was then born ingame after several attempts to get a proper alien hybrid.

bI0dJsr.jpg
    xcw2u5E.jpg
    cA3pZmr.jpg
    Science Outpost - A strange home built in Strangetown by the Curious family, many strange experiments have gone on within these walls.

The most unique home from all of Sims 2's original release. Its almost entirely intact, however I needed to change one area to seal off weather. The original home had the whole house open to weather, meaning rain, sand, snow, could all get inside. Even with all weather from Seasons disabled, it still doesnt make sense to leave your home open to the elements, so I've closed that area off.

JQTmGGe.jpg
    The left side of the home houses the three science brothers and Tycho. Not too many changes here.

cvYVYMs.jpg
    The right side of the home however has changed; the chess room is now a science station room due to the chess table no longer fitting in there, and the greenhouse room now houses the chess table. Growing plants is now outdoors in the various pots. In the upload, the pizza that the home starts out with is intact, but it seems to break immediately and is not edible anymore. Oh well.

ifkSlok.jpg
    The 'second floor' I added is merely a laundry spot that serves to seal off that staircase from the weather.

Bonus Pictures:
    vlcn0K5.jpg
    The Curious Brothers carpooling to work together

mtNxczc.jpg
    Tycho's other father, the Pollination Technician

MbcSAmN.jpg
    Two of the Singles family chatting outside during a party

Pascal: M: 0 F: 10
    Vidcund: M: 0 F: 10
    Lazlo: M: 0 F: 10

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    This is so cool <3 Strangetown was my fav in Sims2 so I'm excited to see your creations!
    The Beaker Family

What experiments are the highly secretive and less than neighborly Loki and Circe Beaker performing on poor Nervous Subject? Will this secrecy affect Circe's career ambitions?

Download the Beaker family here

VoDbJMz.jpg
    One of the many interesting families of Strangetown, the Beakers have appeared in Sims 2, 3, 4 and the PSP offshoot. The rival science family to the Curious family, the Beakers are the 'bad' scientists, bordering on evil and mad science. Loki is an aged up version of his official Aurora Skies appearance, and his parents from that world are included as ghosts. Loki and Circe's complete family tree is included, as usual. Nervous Subject is directly lifted from Midnight Hollow and aged up.

R3GNB8o.jpg
    ptcnDEj.jpg
    As soon as he perfects his latest invention, Loki is sure to get the recognition he knows he deserves. In the meantime, he keeps himself busy by trying to assemble a nuclear reactor out of common household items.

Loki is generally who you think of when you think of 'Mad Sims Scientist'. His trademark facial hair isn't in Sims 2, so he has the facial hair his son from Into the Future has. It fits perfectly. He still has the 10 points of Writing from Aurora Skies, and his Cleaning skill points were converted to the Science skill from University. As he started out as an Inventor in Sims 2, he can pursue the Inventing skill in Sims 3.

JFqO2uu.jpg
    o6cWb6r.jpg
    Circe knows 238 different ways to make someone scream, and none of them are nice. She enjoys taxidermy and collecting coat hangers.
    One of the most unpleasant sims from the Sims 2 saga as a whole, Circe is truly fitting as a wife for Loki. Easily a poster-child for the Mean-Spirited trait. Vidcund used to be her boyfriend, and Pascal tried the moves on her, and this is widely believed to be one of the reasons that Pascal and Vidcund are feuding with Loki. She has her outfit from Sims 2 PSP set as Everyday 2.

jQrIoC4.jpg
    oYqD2R1.jpg
    His hobbies include twitching and blinking a lot.
    Alas, poor Nervous, the quintessential depiction of the Loser trait. We have never learned his first name, despite him appearing in four different games. As the sole living son of the Grim Reaper himself, you'd think he'd have had a more interesting an influential life, but instead it is a trainwreck from birth to death. Neglected by Olive, he was taken away, and found himself living with the Beakers, who used him as a science experiment until their experiments eventually kill him. His one source of happiness was Annie Howell, an ill-fated romance. By the time Sims 2 starts, his personality and psyche has been extremely damaged; he has 10 active points and no points in other areas, and you can see his original personality behind it. Thus this version has awful traits to reflect that.

IiLxQm3.jpg
    RvO4NAM.jpg
    Tesla Court - Inherited by Loki, this large desert home has enough room for all manners of secret scientific experimentation. Even includes a basement to watch test subjects!
    I envision this home as Loki's inherited home, and the home they live in in Sims 2 PSP as Circe's inherited home. Recreating that outer stairway was a real pain! I replaced all the open air archways with glass doors, because Sims 2 and 3 are rife with burglaries and it also makes SENSE to seal off your home from the elements. Especially in the desert!

49aGGJO.jpg
    Nervous Subject's 'pit room', where his overlords watch over him and what he does from above. Was tempted to convert this to a true basement, but it just doesn't work as well for this application.

IlD9bkb.jpg
    The 'Science Room' around Nervous's living space. LOTS of things needed to be replaced here. The SimVac is now a flying vacuum, the medical operation training dummy is an Inventing table, the medicine maker is a Science station, the energiser is now a potion maker, and the lie finder is now the brain scanner from Uni. Theres also a cabinet to hold bug specimens, and some gem/metal specimen holders. Nervous's experimental bike is also stored here.

U51nZc9.jpg
    The dining, kitchen and living areas. Not too many changes, outside of stuff like recycling bins.

saRYtUN.jpg
    ...basically Nervous's bathroom. In both Sims 2 and 3, he regularly destroyed the area with his Slob trait

ne8wXiS.jpg
    Clearly this was Erin's old room, before she left the house of madness.

7rb8QJ3.jpg
    Loki and Circe's bedroom area, with the sideroom. There should technically be a computer in there, but I didn't add one as the original lot doesn't have one.

oSFoWMZ.jpg
    The top floor empty room is now a laundry room.

Bonus Pictures:
    A7v3e7i.jpg
    Loki doing science experiements, as Nervous examines a gem specimen
    AU6B3o8.jpg
    Nervous reporting for a day of testing
    mSFD933.jpg
    Brain experiments today!
    xxmfqd1.jpg
    Circe prepares some potions for tomorrow's tests
    iQGtLu8.jpg
    Testing tends to have side effects
    ZjCzhf4.jpg
    Plotting the next day's tests
    RtNxNu9.jpg
    Fleeting happiness: Nervous with Annie
    I5zx2Zm.jpg
    Nervous with his dad

Loki: M: -10 F: 10
    Circe: M: 10 F: 10
    Nervous: M: 0 F: -10

edited April 2022
    The Spectre Family

Who is buried in Olive Specter's garden? Will the mysterious, aging outcast leave her fortune to her niece Ophelia, or, as rumored, to an unnamed heir?

Download the Spectre family here

NOTE: I will also provide a Grim Reaper later to set as the NPC Reaper, based on the Sims 2 Reaper, aka Nervous's father

WqL41s9.jpg
    The Spectre family, the game's introduction to death, ghosts, and inheritance. Infamously buggy in Sims 2, due to many of the ghosts using old character format data, thus appearing corrupt. This version has all of the ghosts accounted for, as well as two ghosts that were intended for inclusion but ended up missing, and two family tree ghosts that also went missing. On the other hand, Lyla Grunt is not present, as her grave is packaged with the Grunts. There is a single electric tombstone without a ghost in the graveyard that is a placeholder for her grave's rightful location.

c6OamoM.jpg
    9qpMAyU.jpg
    Olive will stop at nothing to get what she wants. She spends her time collecting mushrooms, sharpening sticks, and excavating her yard.

Olive had more theories than most about her background, most of which assumed she was a serial killer with a fixation on meeting the Grim Reaper. Her story involves her being left at the altar by her first love, a womaniser with commitment issues, who then mysteriously died along with his innocent brother. Then every other man she loved also died early, as well as many people around her, including both townies and service NPCs. She managed to track down the Grim Reaper and give him what for about taking all she loved, only to fall in love with him, and get pregnant with him. Afterwards, her next lover would be with her until the natural end of his life.

There is a HUGE timeline issue between the Sims 2 and 3 depictions of Olive; The Midnight Hollow Olive, in her younger years, has her with Nervous as a toddler (Already named Nervous Subject, instead of '[x] Muenda/Thanasia') and an incorrectly aged Ichabod Spectre already dead and buried in her graveyard; at this point in time she hadn't even met Ichabod yet, and should have been Olive Muenda or Olive Thanasia. depending on if she kept Hugh's surname or not. In my view, she met Ichabod here in Midnight Hollow, and eventually they married and moved back to Strangetown, after Nervous was taken away due to neglect.

n5ZABRE.jpg
    483PkIW.jpg
    Ophelia’s hobbies include hypochondria and monitoring the air quality. She worries about the future…and the past…and the present.

Ophelia is Olive's niece, and Nervous Subject's cousin. When playing Sims 2 the intended way, Ophelia will inherit the home on the same day that she ages up to an Adult, and Olive's inheritance passes to Nervous instead of her (Which is totally a waste, given Nervous just dies later and Circe probably pockets that inheritance). She is too old in Sims 3 to be able to join school activities, so ive completed the relevant ones already and taught her to drive, so the player doesn't miss out on anything. She will also retain her relationship with Johnny when he ages up, she just wont be able to do anything with him for a day till she catches up.

iRhGaXo.jpg
    DGkdms0.jpg
    Muenda Manor - The ancestral home of the Muenda family, this old manor houses a private graveyard and almost feels more like a crypt than a home..
    The home was the easy part; the graveyard took me months to fill out and debug. The Grim Reaper's house from the store was invaluable, as it had some really good graveyard themed stuff to really sell this place as a 'crypt house'

tQCRI3i.jpg
    Olive's side of the home, with the kitchen and a previously empty room now converted into a laundry room. Sure is a lot of empty rooms in the Strangetown homes that are oddly fitting to be for laundry huh? I originally had a photo of Olive kissing the Grim Reaper on the wall, it even had a shadowed face visible, but photos do not get saved in packages.

PihCP5A.jpg
    Ophelia's side, as well as the dining room. The flowers by the computer are from each of Olive's lovers, and all but one of them should still be intact, as the giver is buried on the lot. The white flowers are from the Grim Reaper himself. There are some small changes to the dining room, largely to do with spare seats being in bad locations

Bonus pictures:
    yveRYgU.jpg
    Grim and Ophelia apparently pillowfighting in the rain

9KaxWyw.png
    Ripp Grunt found his longlost mother..

Olive: M: 10 F: 0
    Ophelia: M: 10 F: 0

edited April 2022
    While there still two more base Strangetown families to go, first I will cover the three empty homes, due to the remaining two families being family bin content.

Strangetownhouse - 73 Road to Nowhere
    A rather strangely designed townhouse, all things considered.

Download the Strangetownhouse here

IhapK6j.jpg
    uyT1vB5.jpg
    This home has always stood out to me as an oddball. There is no other house like it. Many aspects of its awkward design cause visual issues too. Note that I uploaded this house a very long time ago, and the upload might not feature improvements I made later for the family version that lives in this home, such as the electrical power box I add to every lot.

UXkgF0a.jpg
    f0FQFMc.jpg
    The first floor has two rooms, an awkward bathroom, an awkward kitchen, a dining room, and a hallway that goes...down.

LiWdhkC.jpg
    Down into a basement! In the original home, the basement was extremely awkward, as it was a lowered pit in the ground that was carefully constructed. It was pretty much impossible to expand the basement, and there was all sorts of camera issues down there. It was a neat idea, but I wasn't going to recreate that, not when a proper basement tool was available! I achieved this via some clever use of cheats, there are foundation-length walls near the corner where the basement begins, you can see this via lowering the walls on the ground level; part of the corner will lower, but the foundations will not.

This home is usually where the Singles household ends up, as it CAN house all four at once, if two people live in the basement. The only other home they can afford is pretty much made for Ajay Loner.

edited April 2022
    Loner's Abode - 91 Road to Nowhere
    A perfect home for those that prefer solitude.

Download the Loner's Abode here

Yi70Sux.jpg
    y87K4hd.jpg
    The only other affordable lot for either of the two family bin households, this one is very clearly meant for Ajay Loner, as it only comfortably houses one person, or a couple sharing a room.

Of7v8WX.jpg
    Inside is an almost perfect amount of space for a solo resident. I would only wish for a bigger bathroom, to add a laundry basket.

I plan on making this house into a series of units, to house some of the university people who do not yet have homes. I'm thinking Klara , DJ and Guy specifically; Francis can live in a recreation of his private uni lot, and the Hart/Love family will need a two room starter home. Naturally each copy will have different colours and different plant locations. Four of the same building in the same stretch of road doesn't sound so bad!

Military Living Quarters A - 57 Road to Nowhere
    The Strangetown military used to bunk in these buildings. With a bit of work, maybe the place can truly feel like home.

Download the Military Living Quarters A here

TgOUTZx.jpg
    lLY2ub6.jpg
    The counterpart to the Grunt family home, this home has always been way out of the price range for pretty much anyone in Strangetown, which is unfortunate, as its perfect for the Singles household. I even kept the strange band of gravel.

JbtPKzd.jpg
    It really is a mirror image of the Grunt house in most ways.

phSocqu.jpg
    With four seperate bedrooms, the Singles household can easily live here, and the next time I play Sims 2, im going to do exactly that, via giving the Singles extra money to move right in (And annoy the alien-haters next door)

With a big enough town, I could imagine a C and D variant too, the 'high density' living area

edited April 2022
    The Loner Family

Ajay has come to Strangetown hoping to find himself. Will he be successful in his new home or will the odd things that always seem to happen here drive him away?

Download Ajay Loner here
    Download the family bin version of the Loner family here

iZmX7RR.jpg
    TBYBDPS.jpg
    To pass the hours, Ajay enjoys counting the grains of sand in his backyard.

Ajay Loner was basically Strangetown's 'fresh start' sim. He came with no skill points, no family or friends, no connections to anyone in town and no starting career. He was also, like the Singles household, totally missing from Sims 2 PSP. A shame, I would have liked to see what he had gotten up to.

The first download is for passive town use; Ajay is already moved into the Loner's Abode home, its fully furnished, and hes at level 1 of the Business career. The second download is a family bin version accurate to the original, where he starts off fresh with nothing but the graves of his ancestors, an umbrella, and his car. I do beleive I accidentally deleted the high school diploma from the housed version, but DebugEnabler from nraas can regenerate that if needed. Something that minor wasn't worth deleting and reuploading for.

iTtPviy.jpg
    The front of his house has a spot to chill out with some beers and watch the occasional car go by.

l8Fchey.jpg
    I furnished him quite well for the already-moved-in version. Not too elaborate, but out of that awkward start where you have almost nothing. Basically how the average Sims 3 family starts.

xIlyl0F.jpg
    As theres no room for laundry, unlike every other home, he has a washing machine out on the deck, and a clothesline to hang them on. Also, grilling stuff.

M: 0 F: 10

The Singles Household

Has there ever been a group of roommates so different from one another? As if living in Strangetown isn't hard enough, will these girls be able to accept their differences and be friends or will the tension tear the house apart?

Download the Singles household here
    Download the family bin version of the Singles household here

njX3Qz5.jpg
    The second family bin family, the Singles household suffered from limited tools; instead of the four roommates having differing surnames, they all ended up sharing Singles as a surname. Pretty much every 'uberhood' or cleaned template for Sim 2 undoes this and restores the proper names to everyone. None of them appeared in Sims 2 for PSP, and I have my own theories about what they were up to in that time. The primary difference between classic TS2 and this remake is, like the Smith family, the fact that aliens now have powers. Thus Lola and Chloe are up at almost all hours of the day, while Erin and Kristen have to sleep every night. They are both set to 50% DNA, which as previously mentioned, still gives full alien powers.

The first download has them living in the 'Military Living Quarters A' lot, each with a personal bedroom, and each already employed at level 1 of a suitable career. They SHOULD all have thier own cars too, but in the save I loaded to get screens, Lola and Kristen had lost thier cars somehow. I will provide a screenshot of what they SHOULD own later, in case the upload lost the cars somehow

U5IRCTM.jpg
    nuzdAvF.jpg
    Intelligent and focused, Lola knows what she wants and how to get it. She enjoys politics and telling those around her what to do.
    Lola Curious and her sister are the half-alien children of Glarn Curious and PT9 Smith, Glarn was pollinated during PT9's active career days, leading to the awkward situation years later where he married the daughter of the man he impregnated. Glarn and Glabe broke up over this, and Glabe would raise Lola and Chloe as a surrogate mother. Glabe died young though, leaving the twins orphaned. In this iteration, Glabe died from a meteor impact, hinting at a possible tragedy over the twin's alien powers manifesting, possibly a prank gone horribly wrong. Lola is already employed in Politics in the standard version, and remains unemployed in the family bin version

2FK7Qxt.jpg
    Fq6InTk.jpg
    The complete opposite of her sister, Chloe just wants to meet new people and to have a good time. She can often be found daydreaming or chatting on the phone.
    Unlike her original iteration, this version respects the timeline; Chloe Curious is no longer a young green spring chicken out to take the men of the world by storm, and now comes across as more of a cougar having a midlife crisis. She and her sister are in fact older than Jenny Smith; their births to Glarn curious were hinted to be a major factor in why Glabe broke up with him, leading Glarn to remarry and then father the Curious Four with Kitty Curious. To keep the ages intact more or less though, I have given Lola and Chloe a stock of Life Fruits to imply why they are simultaneously older and younger than Jenny. Both are still in the Adult stage rather than Young Adult though. To really play like the original TS2, you'll need to get a hold of a potion of youth, but this will ruin all the other outfits. Her moved-in version starts off as a Sports Agent, as its a charisma and phone focused career, and kind of fitting for her.

HoqQAWx.jpg
    J7V3S5Z.jpg
    Erin spends a lot of time working on her psychic powers. Of course, she isn't really psychic, but don't tell her that.

Erin Beaker is the younger sister of Loki, the town's mad scientist. However, she doesn't seem to have inherited the family love of science and learning. Most depictions of her, mostly just portray her as a bit of an airhead, although she DOES have the Genius trait as a toddler. Her main gimmick in Sims 2, is that she thinks she is a psychic, which aligns a bit too well with the Scam branch of the Fortune Teller career in Sims 3. Thus, the moved-in version starts her at level 1 of that career. You will need my download of the PSP Service Station though to play that career, as I placed the fortune telling wagon on that lot.

DxvHKvR.jpg
    aSjFeiI.jpg
    Kristen envisions herself as a world famous sports champion. She doesn't particularly care for Strangetown, but it's only a pit stop on her track to greatness.

Kristen is the only member with no ties to anyone else in town, and as such all her ancestors are with her alone. The other three have family in other households. Her main gimmick is that shes basicalyl an outsider in Strangetown, just like Ajay Loner. Thus, she plays well as a 'protagonist', from the player's point of view; a normal everyday person trying to fit in amongst crazy scientists, death-crazed old ladies, aggressive military men, and actual aliens. On that note, Kristen and Ajay should have been the default protagonists in Sims 2 PSP.

T7sa4kS.jpg
    The exterior has some slight changes for the girls, like a soccer net for Kristen, and a fire pit for them to chill outside around (Assuming Chloe ever stops slapping the human residents)

pi0UQa9.jpg
    Kristen lives downstairs, where Buzz lives in the mirrored home. The rest is largely similar to the Grunt household.

aRiZ0XX.jpg
    The Curious girls barely use their rooms, as they don't really need to sleep, while Kristen has clearly copied the Grunts and made the large room into a mini gym. Chloe could definitely use a desk with a PC to make use of that extra floor space she has.

Lola: M: 10 F: 0
    Chloe: M: 10 F: 0
    Erin: M: 10 F: 0
    Kristen: M: 10 F: 0

RTN Shopping Center - 88 Road to Nowhere

Keep it real with a trip to the local shopping center. In this abandoned "government facility" Strangetown Sims find comfort in clothes, food, and entertainment.

Download original RTN Shopping Center here
    Download modified RTN Shopping Center here

GDwQI2L.jpg
    T1Ftlfz.jpg
    xBHXFVT.jpg
    This lot has always been amusing, as a bunch of buildings repurposed into entirely different things. And now it is my turn, as I repurpose a Sims 2 community lot into Sims 3 lot, with all the differences in gameplay it entails. There are two versions for download, one is the original layout of the Sims 2 lot, the other has changed one building to have less redunancy with the other community lot in Strangetown. I strongly recommend the altered version. Both versions have the Late Night food truck present at all times for delicious greasy meals.

DwduwiB.jpg
    These buildings were a clothing store and book/game store in Sims 2. Now the clothing store is a consignment store, and the book store is a nerd shop selling comic books.

B0uqQ6k.jpg
    The upstairs area is still clearly an abandoned office

sqZ3pCE.jpg
    The grocery store is now a cafe with stalls to buy fresh produce (Because that store DLC is pretty much the ONLY way to buy groceries without a rabbithole), with vending machines replacing the grocery fridges. I always see packs of people in here, so the attraction to the cafe is pretty strong.

ui4lLT5.jpg
    The original lot layout has this bizarre dirt pit with a swimming pool in it, it looks awful and terrain paint doesn't even work well here. The swimming pool isnt needed, as the other community lot does it much much better, thus I replaced it with...

lJMRkqd.jpg
    ...an indoor fishing spot! Exact same layout, just fully filled with water now, and home to the Late Night fish spawners.

N1Ssjo7.jpg
    This little room is still just as useless, no surprises here

The Old Strangetown Spa - 94 Road to Nowhere

Renowned for its vast swimming pool and soothing baths, the Strangetown Spa is the perfect pit-stop on the journey for truth.

Download the Old Strangetown Spa here

7n3rMss.jpg
    TVPIrY6.jpg

This is the big reason why I remove that weird pool from the RTN Shopping Center; the other community lot in Strangetown was a dedicated great big pool! With Sims 3's open world, the second pool wasnt needed, as this lot is flagged as 'Pool', thus drawing in people specifically to go swimming.

uWvrLoc.jpg
    The boiler room at the back of the lot seems to draw in people a lot. Even after making sure that back door isn't set as the front door, people still go in there >_>

biUKVPN.jpg
    Since the original lot did call itself the 'Strangetown Spa', I've repurposed the empty area at the front into an actual spa with a massage table too

TJzvhTt.jpg
    The cafeteria and the dedicated shower block. The original just had more toilets in there, so I converted the whole section to use the public showers, so that it functions more like an actual pool. The cafeteria was a random grocery store that REALLY doesn't fit, so now you just buy meals there, or use the vending machines. In my game, the register is pretty much always abandoned though -.-

This marks the end of all basegame playable content for Strangetown; next up I'll be focusing on the LFT students, as if they always lived in Strangetown

After a long break to do other things, making an interlude post to talk about the upcoming stuff before I upload the next main set of lots and sims

The LFT Students:
    The first expansion of Sims 2 added three universities, full of both NPC students and playable students, and all three universities were themed after the original three towns; SSU has a very normal university, similar to the single Sims 3 university in many ways. ALT had none of the silly fratboy stuff and was a much more serious and foreign-themed university, and several of the premades were serious artistic types. LFT was a desert university, and had an alien student, thus it paired wonderfully with Strangetown.

The issue was that Strangetown itself was so small, and after moving in the two family bin families, you had only an empty lot left, and a big empty home that noone fresh out of CAS or Uni could live in, and thus the LFT premades had basically nowhere to go after graduating unless you expanded the town manually. My solution here is the same as what I did in Sims 2 itself; copy the small home Ajay is meant for, making three new 'units', plop down a few Lot Bin homes, and utilise the rental homes from LFT as 'full' starter homes.

The breakdown:
    The Worthington family = Still living in that private residence from LFT. Ive built this home twice in Sims 3 now, a desert 'accurate' version, and an expanded version I built in the university that has a garage and fences
    Shifting Paradymes = Split up into three seperate families, as they met and formed the band AFTER going to university. They each live in a different type of house too. Jasmine lives in one of the three Land Lane units, Zoe lives in a Ranch Retreat from the lot bin, and Gunnar lives in the Dusty Drive units.
    Fraternity household = Guy lives in a much nicer copy of Ajay's home, due to his family status, Mickey lives in a trashy Dusty Drive unit, and Matthew lives in a 'Just Right' from the Lot Bin with Sarah
    Sorority household = Monica lives in Land Lane unit, not as upscale as she'd like, Jessica lives in a Dusty Drive unit and DJ lives in a copy of Ajay's home.
    Student Housing household = All three are split up, Klara has a massively furnished 'rich person' edit of Ajay's house that puts the rest to shame, William has the final Land Lane unit, and Blossom is in a Dusty Drive unit
    Terrano family = Stella is in the final Dusty Drive unit.
    Davis family = They live in the 'Strangetownhouse', the small weird home with the basement.

The Land Lane and Dusty Drive units are all intentionally sparse outdoors; this reflects how basic the lots are in Sims 2 itself, as rental lots, and also gives plenty of room for each resident to landscape and build upon. First things first though, they should all go and get a degree :p

The PS2 content:
    This stuff is kinda weird really. Only one part of the PS2 content actually fits in Strangetown, and that's the household of aliens living next door to a suspicious xenophobic military enthusiast. The Freebers family is described as being in Strangetown, but as soon as you load thier lot, its pretty clear it might as well be Downtown Pleasantview. The grass is green, theres no desert in sight, and the surroundings are urban. I made them anyway, and will include them in the thread. The artist household can technically fit; the lot is a strange desert commune of artists basically living on a community lot, trying to make an Art Gallery. Thus I could simply make their home, set it to Art Gallery, and have the artists live elsewhere. The final household is an abandoned movie set where a depressed movie star down on his luck is moping around, due to the death of his girlfriend, whos grave is on the lot alongside two other ghosts. As the lot was western themed, and theres a stuff pack with a buttload of western themed items, it should be doable...but where would it fit in?

The PSP content:
    This stuff fits the best with the original PC content, as this game was made to be a sequel to Strangetown's PC 'storyline'. The only residents that dont show up in the game are Olive (who is dead by then) and Buck (who would be a teenager, likely not able to casually be at Division 47). The Singles and Loner households were forgotten about entirely, since they are kinda hidden to casual new players. The PSP-exclusive characters will be treated as earlier incarnations of themselves, due to the game being set later. Thus the Dente household will not have Roland, and Dennis will be alive, the Beakers wont be living in that second home, Bella Goth will still be living in the Espiritu Estate, and so on. I am making PSP-timeline versions though, for an alternative game so that people can roleplay the PSP story.

The GBA and DS content:
    This stuff is the messiest. All of the lots and sims aren't even remotely comparable, as the games were basically part of a handheld quadrilogy that was barely connected to the Sims series we know. The tone and feel was entirely different, and each game was basically a sequel to the previous one, so many of the sims started back in Busting Out for GBA. Someone out there HAS made the majority of the lots and sims from the GBA and DS Strangetown for a custom Sims 2 world though, and I'll likely reference those lots for remakes. Ive already made some of the characters, but I must warn you: The sheer differences in the game styles means that some characters will lose a LOT of their visual identity, and I cant even make Optimum Alfred as anything less than a Plumbot, as hes basically a very advanced Servo. Several of the non-human characters cannot be made fullstop, like the Yeti and Bigfoot (Who CAN be made in Sims 2..), and some cant be made in Sims 2 accurately, but CAN in Sims 3 (I already made the mummy, as there's not too much variation possible there)

The Townies and NPCs:
    This stuff is where I stall forever, as these are really not fun to make, whatsoever. I will however at least force myself to make the 'relevant' NPCs and Townies (Crystal Vu is referenced in other games, and one of the Curious brothers has a crush on her, and Circe Beaker knows a townie and an NPC bartender), and I'll also make the PSP-exclusive Townies, as they have more personality than any of the townies in Sims 2 thanks to the Secret system

The Davis Family

These brothers never agree on anything but somehow they ended up still living together in a new town…Will they ever stop fighting?

Download the Davis family here

Ja65uQ5.jpg
    The Davis family is one of the three Student Bin households that ships with LFT, and generally I put them in a dorm, one of the larger ones, and have them basically live out the uni period as if they were seperate families that cant stop bumping into each other. They never actually fight though, due to having the EXACT same personality, and starting out with a decent relationship to each other. There isn't even a negative daily relationship value, one has 15/15 with the other, and the other has 20/20. With the Interest system gone (The only real source of their squabbling), these two will get along way too well autonomously .

For this iteration, they moved to the same town and likely ended up roommates by sheer coincedence. They even have almost the same job; they both are employed at the local spa, one in each branch.

5EfGeVX.jpg
    The older brother by about 2 minutes, Almeric relishes his seniority and uses it to his advantage in every argument with his little brother.

Almeric was the more jock-like of the twins, and seemed rather unfocused, as he starts off with an Undeclared major. In this iteration, hes meant to go for Communications, but he can be signed up for anything really. Physical Education would also fit if he goes with the standard Jock career. I feel hes a good fit for a Sports Agent however, given in Sims 2 he has almost minimum Active points (which translates to the Couch Potato trait), and this is why I have him set for Communications, as that career is all about social networking and charisma.

fY0rPT2.jpg
    Aldric can't stand being the younger twin and was hoping he'd be able to get out of his brother's shadow when he went to college. Can he do that now that they're both at the same university?

Unlike his brother, Aldric has focus, as hes easily the nerdy brother with a major in Physics. That pretty much translates to the Science and Medicine degree here. He'd be a good fit for the Science career, but really, hes probably better off in the Video Game Dev career, as Strangetown has no shortage of scientists already

AIML5G1.jpg
    The house hasn't change too much after being occupied. The radio from Almeric's Communications degree is up here, and the deck out back has a chess table and railings now.

idWE9mW.jpg
    nTt7t7i.jpg
    Almeric claimed the master bedroom/living room as his, the small bedroom is a laundry room with a TV in it, and the dining room and kitchen is furnished properly.

wafqa4P.jpg
    Aldric is a basement dwelling nerd, but he has all that space to himself! And due to being a REAL basement now, it can be expanded endlessly. His own full bathroom for example. I added the sink and table because I was tired of Aldric getting a beer or snack from his minifridge, then going all over the house to eat or to clean up. Now he SHOULD be able to live down there for an extended period if hes having a gaming binge or has had another fight with Almeric.

The Worthington Family

The Worthingtons are old money, and a big name family. Why Francis J. Worthington III has been sent to Strangetown is a mystery to the townsfolk, but really, its just to make the commute to university a little easier.

Download the Worthington family here

XxfrjtQ.jpg
    NI1aB2H.jpg
    Francis J. Worthington III doesn't believe he needs any friends aside from the Simoleons he keeps hidden under his mattress. He prefers to keep to himself and is hoping to join the secret society he keeps hearing about.

I corrected his name from Frances to Francis, and ingame his name only says 'Francis Worthington' as an anti-frustration feature. It gets annoying seeing 'Bella thinks Francis J. is okay' and other such things in the text boxes, and its even worse when he marries and has kids, with the whole family having 'Worthington III' as a surname. Feel free to edit it back if you like though.

He looks a bit different, mainly with the eyes, I couldn't seem to replicate his look. On the other hand, now he looks like a proper trust-fund kid, accustomed to the finer things in life. He already has a small foot in the Business career door, at level 1, mainly to prevent the game forcing a random career on him. Maybe in time he'll own the local businesses in Strangetown, or maybe he'll slink on back to whatever town he came from, who knows?

9N4mCIz.jpg
    8D9znfE.jpg
    In this iteration of Strangetown, LFT does not exist as a university, so his fancy residence from there now exists in Strangetown itself. The gravel path was replaced with a much nicer path, it just looked bad no matter how I did it.

Lzw97or.jpg
    QN03gnc.jpg
    As this is a home residence and not a rental university lot, its a lot more furnished than the Sims 2 one; notably, Francis has a bunch of nectar to sample, and quite a few fancy grapes in his fridge to make his own nectary if he so chose to bring culture to Strangetown

8EM8JRS.jpg
    Upstairs is generally the same, just less sparse, with lavish curtains, plants and the like.

The only real problem is that he has no room for his own laundry. But there is plenty of room to build additional areas and a garage; I did exactly this when building a version of this home for the Sims 3 university town; there I have been building the Sims 2 uni content to match the existing town. This version however, is designed to be architecturally accurate to Sims 2, so the only real changes are railings outside where you'd expect them to be.

The Sweethearts Household

Sarah and Matthew have been together for a long time and came from a small town to finally live together and attend the local university. Will their relationship hold now that they live under the same roof?

Download the Sweethearts household here

AyGDyWm.jpg
    This is one member of the Fraternity and Sorority households from LFT each, living together as a family due to them being longterm lovers. They are only set as boyfriend and girlfriend, not fiances or more, and they still live in seperate rooms for now, classic slowburn romance, not going too fast, taking things steady. In Sims 2 they are each in different households, and this pretty much tests their relationship, especially since Jessie Pilferson, a fellow sorority girl, has a crush on Matthew.

uxsPiEj.jpg
    6GkwU4I.jpg
    Matthew came to school with his longtime sweetheart to get educated and grow up a bit. He's completely in love and excited about enjoying the college experience.

Matthew was a pretty featureless member of the fraternity in truth; he was basically the generic guy inbetween the smart older guy and the lazy slob, who's main trait was that he had a girlfriend next door. Basically you played him and the Sorority together, and then moved him in with his girlfriend and had them make a big family. He had an Economics career, which translates to Business. Unlike others with Business earmarked, he does not start in a proper career, both he and Sarah are in part-time careers for now.

FwtAhkf.jpg
    ANIDLhq.jpg
    Sarah loves her boyfriend and feels like life is going pretty well. She came from a small town to a big campus and can't wait to meet new people.

Sarah's main flaw was that she looked near identical to Jenny Smith, also of Strangetown. Ive tried to avoid that. Like Matthew, she was the most featureless member of her sorority, being the nice plain girl with a boyfriend that her housemate has a thing for. She had a Biology degree, meaning Science and Medicine in Sims 3. This would, amusingly, make her ideal for a Medicine career...the same career as Jenny Smith.

eVs68NR.jpg
    cpbNL3k.jpg
    Since I have them not sleeping in the same bed, I needed a house from the Lot Bin, and I settled on the 'Just Right' from Sims 2.

V64zvVE.jpg
    566jFvX.jpg
    Internally its decorated comfortably for two people living as roommates, with enough space to have a party or two with friends. And since both are Jocks due to the greek house thing, they will definitely be having a few

Bonus pictures:
    a6FicK8.jpg
    Matthew finds Guy Wrightley's discarded togs and hides them. One day they will be frat members together.

9CwgjMJ.jpg
    Monica (One of Sarah's future roommates) and Klara (Another LFT student) having a diving faceoff on the other side of the pool.

AqrTJbl.jpg
    Matthew is enjoying the show, but Sarah is clearly falling asleep

xTijFMY.jpg
    Thankfully they both have thier own TVs when one show is terrible to one of them.

fD4r9y3.jpg
    Matthew tries to show off his grilling skills, as Sarah waits patiently. This is where I miss Sims 4's conversations as people cook.

CCQl2aE.jpg
    Sadly he charred them black, but they still force them down.

The Zimmerman Family

Zoe loves music, but shes not sure if she wants to make a career out of it. For now though, shes looking to join up with likeminded people and play in a band, before she decides what she wants to study at university and what path her future career will take.

Download the Zimmerman family here

Fbtr8p0.jpg
    mUcjEiU.jpg
    Zoe joined the band to get out of the dorms and make some new friends, but her real focus is on her studies. As much as she likes music, Zoe wants to graduate and get a job.

Zoe is the serious studious one of the Shifting Paradymes household, and is depicted as the bassist of the band. Since she isn't too sure about a career in music yet, she has a part-time job. In the future, she will head to university and meet Gunnar and Jasmine, and join their band.

IlHmFa3.jpg
    PMGeDHy.jpg

Zoe lives in a lot bin home from the base Sims 2, one of the most basic homes there is. It still ended up being bigger than expected for one person, so I could comfortably decorate the place. I forgot to place the power box on the lot, since its an older build before I started adding those. Ideally her place will get expanded with a garage and a bathroom big enough for laundry, and maybe a garden for herbs, given the overall rebellious streak of the band members.

The Rai Family

Jasmine dreams of being part of a successful band known worldwide, and already has a name in mind: The Shifting Paradymes. She just has to find a few more musicians in town..

Download the Rai family here

izrwg89.jpg
    gQf19gS.jpg
    Jasmine wanted to live out her dream of being a professional musician, so she founded the Shifting Paradymes. But now it seems she spends all her time trying to keep the band together.

Jasmine is the leader of the band, and is depicted as the drummer. As the band is her dream, she has a self-employed Band career for when she completes her band. Its funny how the band only really functions in Sims 3, there is no real way to keep the band functional in Sims 2 or 4, to my knowledge.

xXXw6tN.jpg
    yMnSiHW.jpg
    The Land Lane units are directly lifted from Sims 2 Uni, right down to the colouration differences in each unit. They are comfortable enough for one person, but expansion will be needed.

Bonus pictures:
    YELX04C.jpg
    Jasmine, being a rebel, prefers bikes. However, the usual chopper is a bit much, so she has the racing bike.

aDFC7Wu.jpg
    Casually running into General Buzz in his spacesuit.

The Roque Family

Gunnar thinks of himself as the greatest guitarist in town, and the hottest one too. In truth hes completely average, but maybe he has talent hidden away somewhere.

Download the Roque family here

DKqTCPH.jpg
    eCbZmIK.jpg
    rcVfTy3.jpg
    Gunnar is a so-so musician, but he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. Perhaps he'll eventually understand why his female bandmates aren't exactly at each others' throats for his attentions.

Gunnar was the oldest playable sim in LFT, and the slacker of the band. He was also the guitarist of the group. Since all sims in their second year onwards in Sims 2 have an extra want slot, ive made that translate into an extra trait slot; if you fully complete uni in Sims 2, you have 6 want slots; in Sims 3 you gain one trait slot for finishing a degree, and one slot for reaching level 8 of a social group. Thus, Gunnar has level 8 in the Rebel group and his social group trait mirrors the first year want slot unlock.

Gunnar is level 1 in the music career, aiming to be a rockstar, and he has tattoos just like his Sims 2 version; only his tattoos are permanent, and will be visible in all his outfits. He rides on a motorbike in true metalhead rockstar fashion

Kyh552G.jpg
    crS2gV0.jpg
    The Dusty Drive units was a set of five simple rental homes for sims not interested in the dorm life. All five were identical on the outside, but had differing colours inside, and ive repurposed all five to house the LFT students. Also, as I was taking these, Jasmine decided to randomly show up and ring the doorbell

TqOrsJl.jpg
    nC7TtVt.jpg
    Gunnar's unit is modestly decorated, and is all set for hanging out with friends/band members. The only thing I forgot was a bookcase for the school studying, but really, hes not exactly the studying type anyway. If anything, he needs the drum bookcase from one of the Store DLCs, to store his music textbooks and guitar song books in.

Bonus pictures:
    esI9jsP.jpg
    Gunnar and Jasmine meet for the first time

JU3LGdm.jpg
    She showed up while he was making dinner

OdbSS1F.jpg
    'Im looking into moving in with fellow musicians and forming a band, you interested?'

z0fAC21.jpg
    Chilling out and watching romance stuff to see if he can learn anything to use on Jasmine

9VOR0jK.jpg
    His outerwear, because im kind of happy with how I tied it into his rebel nature

edited May 2022
    The Williamson Family

William is dead-set on becoming a successful businessman, with his eyes set on the CEO seat of the local business office. He hopes to get a degree in Business to further this goal, and is looking to enroll in Sims University.

Download the Williamson family here

VUHD87N.jpg
    NbHnKQd.jpg
    While others may party and prank, William simply can't bothered by the day to day goings-on of a large campus. He's at school for one reason and one reason alone: to become a successful business man.

William was part of the Student Housing household, and is basically the male counterpart of Ellen Frost from ALT; he's only there for his degree and nothing else. Generally, playing that household can be frustrating, because William and Klara do not get along and constantly fight. William is level 1 in the Business career, and is all set to go earn his Business degree.

Like several university sims, his shirt IS in the game, but with a jacket on top of it. No other shirt comes close.

FLn33oy.jpg
    zbmEdpu.jpg
    The exterior view of the Land Lane units, as I forgot to take them for Jasmine's place

MSCmJYw.jpg
    UdCxhun.jpg
    A very no-nonsense home, just like William. It basically just houses him between his work shifts, and that's how he likes it.

Bonus pictures:
    aQh3EVf.jpg
    Being a business type, he enjoys working on presentations.

o6oaNFL.jpg
    I honestly have no idea what the presentation even does.

The Bratford Family

Monica is always chasing the newest fad or meme. Recently shes into political activism and rebellion, but noone takes her seriously given her hypocrisy undermining her every effort.

Download the Bratford family here

mEW1dGj.jpg
    im2ra5Z.jpg
    Monica's newfound political activism can seem somewhat...fake. She can often be found protesting deforestation and animal testing for cosmetics while handing out stacks of fliers and free makeup samples.

Monica Bratford was the oldest sim in the LFT Sorority, and thus, its 'queen bee'. Yet, almost everything about her was kind of fake, as implied in the bio. Generally seemed the type of person to leap at every trend, always having to be at the forefront of the current thing, without actually being part of anything. In hindsight, I should have set her LTW to be 'reach the top of all social groups', in the release version its set to be for nectar collection, to show she WANTs that high society life she makes herself appear to be part of.

Like Gunnar, she has an extra trait slot unlocked via the Rebel group, making her ideal career the Art Appraisal career, either branch works for her. For now though, she has a job at the spa, because its a luxury place.

uJvMaXP.jpg
    pM6t3ta.jpg
    The third and final of the Land Lane units, Monica lives a more drab life than she outwardly shows; shes all show with no substance. Perhaps after she has a degree, she can work on making her lifestyle real.

Bonus pictures:
    gkzA3uj.jpg
    I do beleive this was supposed to be dancing

jGb3MVC.jpg
    She has what appears to be a fancy super expensive car, but its value is much much less. Perhaps its a mere body kit? (I lowered the astronomical value of the car to a few thousand to not inflate the bills; cars are way too expensive in Sims 3)

The Dosser Family

Mickey is content to just chill out and coast through life. Even his friends and family have trouble getting him off his couch and outdoors. Will he ever realise theres more to life than the next episode of his favourite TV shows?

Download the Dosser family here

FtVLySg.jpg
    dkNzeCE.jpg
    Mickey isn't going anywhere fast, but he's quite happy about it. Even his good friends have a hard time getting him off the couch. Will he ever change, or will he simply master the art of doing nothing?

Mickey was the slacker of the University expansion as a whole; he had no major determined yet, and started the game on academic probation; as such, he was technically the same age as Guy, which is reflected in his age data; he is one year older than all the other 'freshmen', and the same age as all the 'sophomores'. (American university is strange, we never used such terms in my country). He does not have an extra trait slot like the sophomores/juniors do though, as he only earns that after completing his repeated semester.

Back in Sims 2, I would make him go on probation every new semester to drag out the life of the fraternity; these days he passes via the bare minimum with the help of his frat buddies, so that at least Matthew and him can graduate together.

This version has all the traits you'd expect of an ambitionless guy chilling out all day everyday, the only exception is that he DOES have a part-time job; a grocery store clerk, as its the closest I can get to a Slacker career job. Plus, being employed stops the game from forcing him into random unfitting careers at high levels, due to Bob A in the X career needing a Boss.

J9XxXPh.jpg
    1OBnmX1.jpg
    veGUY1p.jpg

When I decorated his home, I made it deliberately strewn with discarded clothing he hadn't bothered to take to the laundromat, and a few trash piles here and there, but a lot of that was cleaned up on its own and likely isn't present in the download, oh well. He even has a spot out back to chill out with Matthew and Guy after he meets them at university.

Bonus pictures:
    sX8bDZ1.jpg
    The one time you'll see him run; when his carpool is about to take off without him. Of course, he has his own car, but why drive yourself when someone else can drive you?

LuVRdbs.jpg
    The town mayor, Honest Jackson, running past the Smith home, as Mickey rides to work.

vWwqCUt.jpg
    Recovering from a short workout he was pressured into with a cold beer.

TB2mMFv.jpg
    Mickey in his natural element.

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Wonderful to see such a large scale project! 😀🌸🌟
    The Moonbeam Family

Blossom is a friendly young woman with a gift for bonding with animals and nature. Shes especially interested in biology, and is looking to get a degree in Science at the local university.

Download the Moonbeam family here

cKuxC88.jpg
    4hqYjDP.jpg
    Blossom is quiet, friendly and eager to meet new people. She loves butterflies and bumblebees.

Blossom was the 'hippie' of the LFT students, and was pretty much destined for the Natural Science career that was exclusive to university graduates. I couldn't get her face to match up very well, her eyes in Sims 2 gave me hours of issues, eventually I gave up and accepted the current look; she still should be identifiable, she just doesn't look like shes asian anymore. She was originally part of the Student Housing household, and basically the one keeping the peace between William and Klara, as she was friendly with both. I've given her a medical career, as Strangetown is flooded with science careers.

9dmeknZ.jpg
    kUMoVep.jpg
    WgWXNnw.jpg

As one of the poorer students, she has a simple home with lower tier items, and also has the beginnings of her own herb & vegetable garden.