Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disney Dreamlight Valley

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited September 2022
    Two questions for those who have already played the game.

Can you start a new game and character if by chance you finish all of the content and want to start over? Just wondering if it's like most games where you can have multiple saves and characters or if it's limited to one for some reason.

From everything I'm reading right now you're basically paying $30+ for the privilege of playing the game early while it's in development. Is there any advantage beyond that to buying it right now before it becomes "free to play" next year? It just seems like kind of an odd system to me, but maybe that's because I've never played an early access game before.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Kendrana wrote: »

Can you start a new game and character if by chance you finish all of the content and want to start over? Just wondering if it's like most games where you can have multiple saves and characters or if it's limited to one for some reason.

From everything I'm reading right now you're basically paying $30+ for the privilege of playing the game early while it's in development. Is there any advantage beyond that to buying it right now before it becomes "free to play" next year? It just seems like kind of an odd system to me, but maybe that's because I've never played an early access game before.

I haven't tried the first one myself so I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure that it's a one save only thing. Based on what I've been reading on how the cloud save feature works.

You do get some extra items like furniture with the paid packs. And moonstones which you can use in star path events to progress faster... star path events have a bunch of rewards you can use in your game. I use pretty much none of any of it. I use one small thing from the current star path event but I could have earned that for free. Ofc tastes may vary some people love the founders pack stuff and the event stuff so it may be worth it to them but none of it was really my taste. I do just view it for me as I paid for my own impatience to wait until next year lol.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2022

You only have one save and the game autosaves your progress. If you start a new game then you lose your progress in your old save. I had to do that because one quest bugged out and spawned a quest item behind a wall and I had to restart. Bugs like that will probably be fixed over time. You can take a backup of your save manually by copying the files in your appdata/localow/gameloft folder so it's probably a good idea to take backups so you don't have to restart in case you encounter a bug like that.

If you buy it now you will be able to play the game right now and also receive updates over time. There is a lot that you can do in it already. It doesn't feel like an early access game, it's very polished and you will get a lot of hours from it.

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited September 2022
    Just stayed up way too late playing it! I even set myself a timer and just ignored it. 🤣 I think I have a problem 🤣

P. S. What does yorur avatar look like? Like did you make her/him look like a prince or a princess or normal? Right now my avatar looks like she came straight from the shop in downtown Disney. Might make her look more princessy later if the story goes how I think it will but yeah. Staying with that right now.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    Oh no. I can't play it yet. The Mac version isn't coming out until the end of this year or possibly not until 2023.😭 I did find one source that said it's on Mac App Store, but they're full of it. I just tried a search and nada.

As much as it's killing me that I'm missing out on the fun and all the goodies, I'd rather wait and have it done properly. I hope that Disney will do the right thing and give Mac users all the free stuff and early exclusives they're giving everybody else right now. If they don't, it would make me think twice about getting it while I'm digging my credit card out of my purse.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    @dreamerz13 and @logion
    Thanks for the answers. It sounds like a really fun game with a lot of content even at its early stage, so I'm thinking it would be worth spending $30 on for the standard edition. Too bad you can only have one save, but maybe there's a slight chance they could change that later on. It's impressive that bugs have been addressed already and that they're listening to feedback from players. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Since I have a PC, it looks like there's three retailers you can buy it from: Microsoft, Epic Games, and Steam. Unless somebody knows of a reason not to, I would lean towards getting it through the Microsoft Store. I'm not familiar with Epic Games and don't really care for Steam (after having a bad transaction experience with them in the past).
    I got it through steam. It works for me fine. I downloaded steam cause they had rollercoaster tycoon. I didn’t know about the The versions.
    @dreamerz13 and @logion
    Thanks for the answers. It sounds like a really fun game with a lot of content even at its early stage, so I'm thinking it would be worth spending $30 on for the standard edition. Too bad you can only have one save, but maybe there's a slight chance they could change that later on. It's impressive that bugs have been addressed already and that they're listening to feedback from players. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Since I have a PC, it looks like there's three retailers you can buy it from: Microsoft, Epic Games, and Steam. Unless somebody knows of a reason not to, I would lean towards getting it through the Microsoft Store. I'm not familiar with Epic Games and don't really care for Steam (after having a bad transaction experience with them in the past).

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • RanabluuRanabluu Posts: 4 New Member
    I have mine on steam. The game is very addicting. I am waiting on the conversations because some of the hairs are so cute. I know Disney doesn't really like that but I would love all the things from the game to be in the Sims 4.
    I know the game tracks in real time but does it do the weather too? Because I’ve noticed if it’s raining outside in real life it’s raining on the game too. Or is that just a coincidence?

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2022
    I know the game tracks in real time but does it do the weather too? Because I’ve noticed if it’s raining outside in real life it’s raining on the game too. Or is that just a coincidence?

Just coincidence. I had the same the first couple days though, it was kind of odd. Though I was pretty sure they weren't tracking the weather because Switch doesn't track weather. But it's absolutely pouring in my game rn but real life it's dry out. I just seems they have certain times where it's at least a lot more likely if not guaranteed to rain as it seems to always be raining around this time for me (around 1am).
    edited October 2022
    Finally made it to the beach! I’m
    So addicted! Once I got there I had to tell myself it was time for bed. 🤣 so far the only thing I think would be cute is if your avatar would actually sleep and get energy that way instead of just sitting on the bed.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    Yes I think interacting with your animal companions would be so fun! I find it annoying you can’t at least feed them.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh hey cool that there's a thread about this lol Been playing this a bit (has been a while again tho but ok I get distracted a lot xD), and I think it's actually surprisingly good!
  • Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm 67 years old and my inner child adores this game! So happy to see so many other simmers are enjoying it too. At the moment it's my most favorite game. I've finished all the quests and have 108hours played in game so far. Just need to decorate my town. Happy simming and happy dream light valley to everyone. :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm 67 years old and my inner child adores this game! So happy to see so many other simmers are enjoying it too. At the moment it's my most favorite game. I've finished all the quests and have 108hours played in game so far. Just need to decorate my town. Happy simming and happy dream light valley to everyone. :)

Ah that's so awesome to hear!

Also find it funny that this game has so many of the QoL features I wish we'd have gotten in AC. I kinda hope they learn from this xD
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm so excited for this game. :p<3 I just need to wait until the game goes on sale to get it.
    Disney Dreamlight Valley is so going to be my Sims 5. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top