Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits you would actually buy

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I really liked the "Average Joe Kit" idea!!!

Ordinary, non-extreme, non-avant-garde, casual clothes for the masculine Sim, plus a coffee item for the "Joe": a way to make Coldbrew and Iced Coffee, in time for summer! Also add those to beverages one can purchase at stalls.

If this were a pack, include a functional ability to shave, using a razor, shaving mug and brush, and facial hair that will slowly grow unless the shave is done. It's been done by modders so it is possible. It could be like Laundry Day, where even if you have the pack, if you don't want to deal with the hassle, just don't buy the washing machine. Don't buy the razor and brush, and facial hair will stay static.

While I'm dreaming, add a Shower "Juice" option to the existing shower menu, which means the Sim takes said beverage into the shower to enjoy while showering, and comes out with a chance of either Dazed, or Lifted buffs afterward.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Ordinary, non-extreme, non-avant-garde, casual clothes for the masculine Sim, plus a coffee item for the "Joe": a way to make Coldbrew and Iced Coffee, in time for summer! Also add those to beverages one can purchase at stalls.

If this were a pack, include a functional ability to shave, using a razor, shaving mug and brush, and facial hair that will slowly grow unless the shave is done. It's been done by modders so it is possible. It could be like Laundry Day, where even if you have the pack, if you don't want to deal with the hassle, just don't buy the washing machine. Don't buy the razor and brush, and facial hair will stay static.

While I'm dreaming, add a Shower "Juice" option to the existing shower menu, which means the Sim takes said beverage into the shower to enjoy while showering, and comes out with a chance of either Dazed, or Lifted buffs afterward.

I can see relaxing in the bath with maybe headphones, a book, a glass of wine, but it doesn't make much sense to take anything in the shower other than soap and shampoo. You're not there to relax but to quickly clean yourself and be on your way to the next adventure.
    I do love the iced coffee and cold brew coffee ideas though, wish sims could learn coffee making skill like the mixology skill.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Clowns Kit

Dragon Kit

Burglars Kit

Jobs Kits (kits that bring you only 1 job)

If they made active jobs kits with a workplace ( like the 3 get to work jobs ), I would love that! Even if they made them game packs, I would snap those up right away.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I can see relaxing in the bath with maybe headphones, a book, a glass of wine, but it doesn't make much sense to take anything in the shower other than soap and shampoo. You're not there to relax but to quickly clean yourself and be on your way to the next adventure.
    I do love the iced coffee and cold brew coffee ideas though, wish sims could learn coffee making skill like the mixology skill.

Shower beers are 100% a thing! I don’t drink beer myself, but in my line of work, shower beers are very common.

I also take long showers to relax, or “shower baths” if you will. I suppose I never got over my fear of Pennywise coming out of the drain when I was a child. 😂
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2022
    I really hoped for kits to actually add more gameplay there are so many things i wanna see...
    probably kits about all missing functional objects from Sims 2 and 3, even store content. and gameplay of course.

-wall angles(the level 3 height always look so empty and boring to me, i want some shapes) and other nice buildmode functions I cannot recall atm
    - new accents for living room/kitchen... some lamps/some of those things hanging over ovens arent suitable for all wall heights, we need a slider for that. really needs to get fixed. /:
    - more accessoires like gymbags, rucksacks, rings, necklaces..
    - clothing with laces and tulle, or more other material for clothing in general, more highwaist skirts
    - men need way more love. they lack so many clothing variations. everything is so uptight for them right now.
    - small animals
    - toddler need more hairstyles and clothing.
    edited May 2022
    I have to say I’m really excited about the little campers kit that is coming out. I have been so much wanting new toys and things for children, toddlers, and teens!! Maybe it’s not “ New Gameplay,” but that doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t use mods, and have been hoping for packs like this. Now for some children, teens and toddler stuff packs….. I love the children's, and toddler ones we already have and would love to see more. I’m also wanting a generations EP!
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Clowns Kit

Dragon Kit

Burglars Kit

If they made active jobs kits with a workplace ( like the 3 get to work jobs ), I would love that! Even if they made them game packs, I would snap those up right away.

If they did this so many people in the community would complain and say this should have been a get to work refresh. It seems a lot of people expect things for free these days 🙄
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    BB: Clutter items for kitchen (mugs, plates, glasses), clutter objects for teens (pencil holders, hobby figurines and desk clutter in general), bathroom decor (toilet paper holders, more towels, toothbrushes and toothpaste, toilet brush, shaving stuff...).

CAS: Pijamas and undies for all ages and genders, clothes for elderly Sims, clothes for toddlers, clothes for children, unisex clothes (basically a set with versions of the same clothes for both male and female framed Sims), clothes for male Sims: dapper Tweed suits, preppy clothes, smart casual.

Gameplay: I really liked @ignominiusrex idea for a shaving kit. I'd also like more stuff for chores (pool cleaning, lawn mowing, a children's/flatmates chores calendar), treehouses, personal styler career (police townie fashion and get paid for it!).
    Happy simming!

:) it's ok if you have never heard of a shower beer. They're a well-known pleasure ritual ndulged in primarily by those who drink beer by preference (more often masculine people for whatever reason) but of course, the glass of wine in a hot bath would be a good addition for those whose style that suits better. 🙂

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

:) it's ok if you have never heard of a shower beer. They're a well-known pleasure ritual ndulged in primarily by those who drink beer by preference (more often masculine people for whatever reason) but of course, the glass of wine in a hot bath would be a good addition for those whose style that suits better. 🙂

If you need a cold beer while you shower, your water must be too hot. I've heard of people using beer to wash their hair. Or so they said. :lol:
    @crocobaura you might be amused to know there are articles about selecting the right beer for enjoying while showering, and 5 Keys to the Perfect Shower Beer, in which people who enjoy it, discuss the details.

Just so you know I wasn't making it up ;)
    But you know what's even funnier? I kind of did think I made it up, because I had started doing it on occasion without knowing others did, and then saw an article about it and was surprised. B)

As for hair washing, I'd heard of rum, and of raw eggs, and even mayonnaise. And of beer too. Never tried any of those myself but I have so little hair, I just use the same bar of soap for everything.

@Nushka They had treehouses in sims3, but they were like little rabbitholes. And...they were also a clandestine woohoo spot for adults!
    About the chore calendar idea, would that be like the family bulletin board object that is used to set curfews?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I really want kits to focus around one gameplay object to justify the price.

I especially want a kit focused on billiards. Why we do not have a pool or snooker table already, I have no idea. I think this kit would sell more and be better appreciated than bust the dust.

I would put billiard tables all over my community lots.

Note: Please give us spiral staircases as a free base game add and not in any packs or kits.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    @Nushka They had treehouses in sims3, but they were like little rabbitholes. And...they were also a clandestine woohoo spot for adults!
    About the chore calendar idea, would that be like the family bulletin board object that is used to set curfews?

I couldn't play Sims 3 because it'd crash my computer too often, I played Sims 2 and still have all CDs but I was thinking it'd be neat to have actions like "no girls/boys/adults allowed", lifting a picnic bag, dress-up parties, water balloon fights and Woohoo inside treehouses.

And yes, the calendar could be an object like the curfew board or you may also access it with the event calendar.
    Happy simming!
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I'd buy a kit that would let my sims have a rock band.

It would need bass guitars and drum kits (with double bass option!) , a keyboard for people who want that and don't have the pack that it comes in, a mic for singers for people who don't have City Living (can the mic in CL be used for singing?) , a handheld mic for singing, the option to "form band", and a "play together" option for people in band, or just jamming with friends.

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I would also be tempted by kits for different historic or ethnic cultures, that have a variety of clothing options for each gender/age group --- especially if it's a culture that's under-represented in the game and hard to find in cc.

• HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Townhouses/ condo kit …
    Gives you the ability to create multi- family homes on a functional residential 2-3 family lot .
    Ability to make semi- detached homes with the ability to own or rent .
    Ability to successfully assign each family on lot to separate home .
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Sports kit football, baseball, hacky sack.
    More Fitness like dumbbells, excersise ball, exercise bike.
    Kitchen Appliances kit like Food Processor, a juicer, (I know we have fizzy drinks but I just want juice without the fizz lol) a mixer.
    Pool Games Kit Marco Polo, Water Slides, Floaties for kids, Hold your breath.
    Family fun kit like board games, you pick and play with family.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    1. Sleepwear Kit: A mix and match system for the traditional collared pyjama style. For example; a long and short sleeve version for the top, that can be paired with either shorts, three-quarter length pants, or full length pants. All items have the same swatches so they can be matched if desired, and available for all life stages and genders. I'd also like the kit to include some lingerie too, and more slipper styles.
    2. Atomic Age Decor Kit: I really enjoy the space age meets atomic science style of architecture and design. Lots of bright colours, atomic motif patterns and curved retro shapes. I'd also love some build assets that resemble the design of Lustron houses, like brightly coloured square cladding and asymmetric columns.
    3. Steampunk Kit: Preferably a CAS kit. I'd love to see more leather pieces, and standalone corsets, lots of balloon sleeves and linen textures too. More chunky boots, perhaps with an over the knee length. Plenty of gears and cogs, and all with a rich, warm toned colour palette.
    4. Hairstyle Kit: As the name suggests, a kit for only hairstyles. I'd love to see more longer hairstyles in general, and more femenine hairstytles with an undercut or shaved side part.
    5. Shoe Kit: Again, as the name suggest, just a kit specifically for shoes. I think this category is the most lacking, and I'd love to have more plain ballet flats and high heels (no patterns or quirky textures, and with plenty of swatches). I'd also love to see low-top canvas shoes for teens, young adults, adults and elders.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    Backpackers' kit I know we already have tents, but there are camping items we don't have that I really want. Main things are a portable camping stove like this https://backcountry.com/msr-whisperlite-stove?CMP_SKU=CAS0367&MER=0406&skid=CAS0367-SC-ONSI&avad=180150_b28c49bcd# or similar, sleeping bags (also portable), and backpacks that can be equipped and unequipped (similar to the climbing gear in SE) so I can get screenshots of my sims actually looking like they're carrying the stuff in their inventories. This would be a gameplay kit, due to new animations for the stove and sleeping bags. But I feel like it's pretty niche, since probably not a lot of simmers are interested in this sort of thing, so would make a good kit.

Futuristic furniture and decor kit Just a BB kit with cool sci-fi futuristic style. My aliens need this.

Cephalopod style kit Okay, I'm being silly here. :lol: But if there was a kit that had CAS and/or BB stuff with a squid, octopus, nautilus, and cuttlefish motif, I would totally buy that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    edited May 2022
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Clowns Kit

Dragon Kit

Burglars Kit

If they did this so many people in the community would complain and say this should have been a get to work refresh. It seems a lot of people expect things for free these days 🙄

Not me, I don’t use mods or CC. I don’t mind spending money for my content from the sims, I loved when stuff packs were coming out all the time. Some people throw money away on places like Starbucks…..if I had to choose, I’d rather spend mine on game content. The only problem I have with the game is when bugs go unresolved for a long time.

Not that there aren’t things that I want like real babies, and being able to adopt children, toddlers or babies if the caretakers die. But as far as things go, CAS, B/B, worlds, extra jobs etc., I certainly don’t mind helping support the devs. for their work. I remember when Get Together first came out and all people could do is complain about not having toddlers ( I probably did my own grumbling about toddlers as well ). And yet when you look back, clubs were one of the best features brought to the game, and most inclusive of other packs that we have gotten from the game. I remember people complaining about the jobs in get to work too, wasn’t sand boxy enough for them, so they watered down active careers ( like the military career I was hoping to have a workplace for, for one ).
    edited May 2022
    Backpackers' kit I know we already have tents, but there are camping items we don't have that I really want. Main things are a portable camping stove like this https://backcountry.com/msr-whisperlite-stove?CMP_SKU=CAS0367&MER=0406&skid=CAS0367-SC-ONSI&avad=180150_b28c49bcd# or similar, sleeping bags (also portable), and backpacks that can be equipped and unequipped (similar to the climbing gear in SE) so I can get screenshots of my sims actually looking like they're carrying the stuff in their inventories. This would be a gameplay kit, due to new animations for the stove and sleeping bags. But I feel like it's pretty niche, since probably not a lot of simmers are interested in this sort of thing, so would make a good kit.

Futuristic furniture and decor kit Just a BB kit with cool sci-fi futuristic style. My aliens need this.

Cephalopod style kit Okay, I'm being silly here. :lol: But if there was a kit that had CAS and/or BB stuff with a squid, octopus, nautilus, and cuttlefish motif, I would totally buy that.

I like the idea of the backpack kit, and actually I don’t think they would need new animations for the camp stove ( the home decorator game pack came with cook tops to put on counters, so I’m assuming they could make it where camp stoves could go on the folding table ( they could include another folding table with different colors/textures for those that don’t have outdoor retreat ). And I love the back pack idea

Also rather than futuristic furniture, I ‘d actually like to see some types of “alien furniture”, walls, doors, floors, widows and clutter items as well as furniture.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    A fantasy/magical kit.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    1. Sleepwear Kit: A mix and match system for the traditional collared pyjama style. For example; a long and short sleeve version for the top, that can be paired with either shorts, three-quarter length pants, or full length pants. All items have the same swatches so they can be matched if desired, and available for all life stages and genders. I'd also like the kit to include some lingerie too, and more slipper styles.
    2. Atomic Age Decor Kit: I really enjoy the space age meets atomic science style of architecture and design. Lots of bright colours, atomic motif patterns and curved retro shapes. I'd also love some build assets that resemble the design of Lustron houses, like brightly coloured square cladding and asymmetric columns.
    3. Steampunk Kit: Preferably a CAS kit. I'd love to see more leather pieces, and standalone corsets, lots of balloon sleeves and linen textures too. More chunky boots, perhaps with an over the knee length. Plenty of gears and cogs, and all with a rich, warm toned colour palette.
    4. Hairstyle Kit: As the name suggests, a kit for only hairstyles. I'd love to see more longer hairstyles in general, and more femenine hairstytles with an undercut or shaved side part.
    5. Shoe Kit: Again, as the name suggest, just a kit specifically for shoes. I think this category is the most lacking, and I'd love to have more plain ballet flats and high heels (no patterns or quirky textures, and with plenty of swatches). I'd also love to see low-top canvas shoes for teens, young adults, adults and elders.

I love all of these, but especially the hairstyles and shoes. I was just lamenting the other day that there are a lack of undercut hairstyles.

Shoes I would agree with being one of the most lacking. Some of the older shoes are hideous or turn your Sims feet into baby feet. We hardly have any pretty looking heels— most of them are fairly chunky. What about skinny pumps or kitten heels? There are a ton of wedges though. And like you said, not many ballet flats either.
    edited May 2022
    I like the idea of the backpack kit, and actually I don’t think they would need new animations for the camp stove ( the home decorator game pack came with cook tops to put on counters, so I’m assuming they could make it where camp stoves could go on the folding table ( they could include another folding table with different colors/textures for those that don’t have outdoor retreat ).

I suppose that could work. What I want is for them to put it on the ground and sit on the ground to use it. The way you would for actual backpacking out in the wilderness miles and miles from civilization. But it's Sims. So I'd take a table top version if I had to. :lol: As long as both the stove and the table are portable.
    Also rather than futuristic furniture, I ‘d actually like to see some types of “alien furniture”, walls, doors, floors, widows and clutter items as well as furniture.

Alien styles that go well with the Sixam tech look are more or less what I had in mind when I said "futuristic", but I think you said it better. :smile: What you describe is exactly what I want.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg

I especially want a kit focused on billiards. Why we do not have a pool or snooker table already, I have no idea. I think this kit would sell more and be better appreciated than bust the dust.

I would put billiard tables all over my community lots.

Me too! I really want a billiards/pool table. I really miss that from Sims 3.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg