Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits you would actually buy

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Packs that add more baby/toddler items and CAS, and stuff that adds to occult themes. (Occult family content?) More Hobbies like Free Time. Anything that adds to education or Generations as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    If I never see another CAS kit I will be a seriously happy simmer. Unless that CAS kit is giving me new CAS abilities, 3d lashes, the ability to save an outfit, a color slider, the ability to make a fat sim that doesn't look like a pear.. Otherwise, keep it, thanks..

Game play kits however I would be happy with.
    • I want a new traits kit. That is it. A big fat pile of new traits, which will really impact how they act.
      EDIT: I want a traits refresh.. but I know that won't happen..
    • A few kitchen appliances that they can actually use would be really cool.
    • New hobbies/crafts are great for a kit I think.
    • A new animal... or two... or three..
    • A kit with a small handful of new rabbit hole careers would be plausible.
    • I always ALWAYS have wanted a fruit bowl they can actually grab a piece of fruit from. Kinda random I know, but it could be in any decor clutter kit.. I will always embrace new clutter. I would love more kitchen clutter. No counters, no appliances, just CLUTTER!

EDIT: I just remembered the thing I have thought would be good for kits for a while is add-ons to crafts we already have. Like an expansion pack for the crafting options so you could make new things..

I am so starved for traits at this point that I would *consider* paying for a traits kit. But I agree with you that it should be a part of refresh or base game update. It’s pretty mind blowing how few traits there are in TS4 compared to TS3, as well as how we’re still missing some very basic personality traits. Once again, thank modders for saving the day.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,807 Member
    edited May 2022
    If I never see another CAS kit I will be a seriously happy simmer. Unless that CAS kit is giving me new CAS abilities, 3d lashes, the ability to save an outfit, a color slider, the ability to make a fat sim that doesn't look like a pear.. Otherwise, keep it, thanks..

• I want a new traits kit. That is it. A big fat pile of new traits, which will really impact how they act.
    • I always ALWAYS have wanted a fruit bowl they can actually grab a piece of fruit from. Kinda random I know, but it could be in any decor clutter kit.. I will always embrace new clutter. I would love more kitchen clutter. No counters, no appliances, just CLUTTER!

EDIT: I just remembered the thing I have thought would be good for kits for a while is add-ons to crafts we already have. Like an expansion pack for the crafting options so you could make new things..

- More and better sinks. Especially bathroom sinks. And please, not more sinks already built into stands. I want to take a counter I like and put it in my sims bathroom and place the sink I want in it for them to use. Not be forced to decorate around a built-in sink in a style that doesn't fit what I'm wanting to create. I want free-range bathroom sinks!

- I am with you on more clutter. Kitchen and bathroom both. More makeup clutter, more toothbrush clutter options. More things like pots and pans to scatter here and there. Knife blocks or racks.

- Curio cabinets and hutches. To show off all this new clutter. There are some options but most are static, you can't add much if any clutter to them to make them more personalized.

- More paint swatches for things like siding. We have several different siding types but only a few dull, tired old colors. We need vibrant colors for the outside of our houses. I know you don't see much of the outside, but even in cut-away mode you see some. And for those of us who build and take screenshots it would be wonderful if those shots had some flair.

- More paintings for our artist sims along with new crafted items. I am so tired of seeing my sims paint the same thing over and over.

- Some new drinks for mixologists.

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

I am so starved for traits at this point that I would *consider* paying for a traits kit. But I agree with you that it should be a part of refresh or base game update. It’s pretty mind blowing how few traits there are in TS4 compared to TS3, as well as how we’re still missing some very basic personality traits. Once again, thank modders for saving the day.

Yeah I only switched from Sims 3 to 4 two years ago, and I was really shocked by the limited number of traits. I also don't feel like they have as strong an effect on the sims as they used to. Add to that whims seem to just be random and repeat on every sim. I think traits and whims both need a refresh with new ones added. I would be really excited even if it was a kit to be honest.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    - More paintings for our artist sims along with new crafted items. I am so tired of seeing my sims paint the same thing over and over.

Ah YES! I miss the feature in Sims 2 where we could just add pictures to a folder and they were then an option for your sims to paint! I never understand why they take away awesome features like that!

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Kits for gameplay, food recipes, toddler/kid toys, hair, jewelry, shoes, jeans, lots/neighborhoods

Ah YES! I miss the feature in Sims 2 where we could just add pictures to a folder and they were then an option for your sims to paint! I never understand why they take away awesome features like that!

I missed out on that because I came in half way through TS3's run as the current iteration. That would have been so much fun and kept painters from getting a bit boring. I still make a lot of painters but it drives me batty when all they have to do is a couple of strokes and I already know what the picture will be.
    edited May 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Kits for gameplay, food recipes, toddler/kid toys, hair, jewelry, shoes, jeans, lots/neighborhoods

Jeans, heels, and jewelry are all lacking in quality and/or quantity. And decent lipsticks and blushes, ugh the ones we have are so limiting and lackluster. Jeans, hair, and makeup are what drove me to CC. Hairs have improved but jeans and makeup are still awful.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I liked the last two kits, Carnival and To the Max, and will get them some day, but feel no pressing need.

What I had been looking for in kits were "Stuffpacks light", with only interactable objects, no tacked on CAS and BB. Something like the Sims 3 dragons, the stationary surfing board or the archery row.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    - One based on teens
    - One for kids/toddlers
    - Gameplay that isn't a boring chore.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Office kit
    Toddler Toys kit
    Children cas kit

I missed out on that because I came in half way through TS3's run as the current iteration. That would have been so much fun and kept painters from getting a bit boring. I still make a lot of painters but it drives me batty when all they have to do is a couple of strokes and I already know what the picture will be.

Yeah it was awesome, and such an easy way to throw some custom wall decor into the game.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2022
    Good question. I don't have a specific answer.

To give some context, my problem with kits is that they exaggerate the problem I already have with the business model of the Sims. There's not a lot that I like enough to shell out big bucks for (or even small bucks for something even smaller). I often do find out that I like other things when I stumble upon them organically, but the problem is that I can't stumble upon them organically if I have to pay first. In other words, I might really like a pack I didn't think I would, once I get my hands on it, but I'm never going to buy it if I don't know that first. A classic Catch-22.

So, really, for me to want to buy a Kit, it would have to absolutely bullseye an existing strong interest of mine. The closest I've seen is Bust the Dust, which isn't an interest itself but made me realize that dealing with dust is a notable element of my real life that wasn't in the game, and I like to see the Sims add more simulation (I don't need it to be super deep, but I think it could do to be wider). However, that's why I got Laundry Day, which just felt poorly implemented and I regret buying that, and I've heard about too many issues with Bust the Dust to actually pick up.

What other interest of mine could be the Kit for me? I honestly don't know. Most of the obvious things I can think of are at least Game Pack level.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I would like some normal, everyday windows.
    Honestly, just a pack of basic windows, doors (both indoor and outdoor) and wallpaper.

I very rarely build houses that are Tudor or Victorian, but I also don't always want to build hyper modern, architectural wonders. I just want to be able to make plain, everyday houses from a "boring", regular town/city. I especially miss plain indoor doors.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I would buy a Pajama kit, just some pajamas, both cozy and sexy.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Clowns Kit

Dragon Kit

Burglars Kit

Jobs Kits (kits that bring you only 1 job)

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I have decided that I'm not buying another pack until a pack with solid, original gameplay comes out.

That could be a while.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I guess I would be interested in a Burglar Kit. It's a feature I miss from the older games that I think should be baseline, so I wouldn't be lining up to pay for it, but if they found a way to put some extra value in there, like something the previous games didn't do with them, I might be convinced.
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Gameplay Kits
    - Cars. With the design of the neighbourhoods I can't see cars being implemented like they have been in the past. I think a nice compromise would be an animation of the sims getting into the car which then takes you to the map screen. Some animations like, sit in car, woohoo and sleep? would be nice too and some roller doors..

- Landline telephones ( I know its boring but I miss them) bundled with the newspaper delivery.

BB Kits
    - Run down furniture. I feel like everything looks too 'pretty' I would love to see a BB kit that has some run down objects which would be good for starter sims.

CAS Kits
    - There is already so many CAS items if you own the majority of the packs but I would love to see some elder-specific clothing as we are really lacking in that department.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    How about a kit that adds individual accounts? It would be nice if personal income was owned by the sim earning the money until s/he made a transfer to the common household account, where say bills are paid from. This would hardly need any new objects or animations, but some tuning of the UI. If they added a cute object for savings, then yay!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited May 2022
    @justice4bonehilda
    Jobs Kits (kits that bring you only 1 job)

I kind of love this idea. 1-2 active or semi-active job(s), some clothing, objects and reward objects to fit that job. Make sure it works in tandem with Discover University for degrees and such. Great idea.

@gc6164
    gc6164 wrote: »
    Gameplay Kits
    - Cars. With the design of the neighbourhoods I can't see cars being implemented like they have been in the past. I think a nice compromise would be an animation of the sims getting into the car which then takes you to the map screen. Some animations like, sit in car, woohoo and sleep? would be nice too and some roller doors..

- Landline telephones ( I know its boring but I miss them) bundled with the newspaper delivery.

BB Kits
    - Run down furniture. I feel like everything looks too 'pretty' I would love to see a BB kit that has some run down objects which would be good for starter sims.

CAS Kits
    - There is already so many CAS items if you own the majority of the packs but I would love to see some elder-specific clothing as we are really lacking in that department.

I think a landline phone + newspaper would work great with a retro tech kit (typewriters, notepads, faxes) that could also come with the option of turning the cellphone and computers off for those who want the full retro experience.

I would be happy with cars that just disappear at the end of the road that you could also whoohoo, sleep or talk in (arguments for mum and dad so the kids won't hear?).

I also like your suggestions on run down furniture, it would be a nice addition.
    Post edited by JAL on
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    None of the kits have interested me enough to just straight up buy them yet, maybe if I get a steam card I'd get one. But I think a kit that is just adding lot types and maybe one or two items related to each would be nice (maybe that's asking too much, or doesn't quite make sense). But like add a proper graveyard lot and a mausoleum object (think the one from sims 3 you can tour around, add graves to and such). Or even a proper 'hangout' lot type (again kinda like sims3, but not quite), Because it is annoying trying to make places for my sims (normally their teens) to hangout and having to make it either generic or a park, or café etc.. But then if you make it a generic lot it won't let you make that a club hangout spot. (unless that is just a problem with my game or I'm doing something wrong).
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    BL5036 wrote: »
    Add a Tattoo and Piercings Kit to my list of wanted kits.

I thought about it, but i would like a tattoo artist active career

There's no reason a career couldn't come in a Kit, especially one based around an existing career type. This could be an object based career similar to the the Spa Day refresh ones, but based around a tattoo/piercing studio type lounge chair.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Masculine male kit no skirts or flamboyant colors. Beards and clothing that is not skin-tight some nice t-shirts and jeans that are not above ankle some flannel, boots and sporty shoes like Vans or Nike.

Goth clothing can we get some black outfits in the game

Pool table kit with actual game play where you can watch the Sims play a real game of it... seriously no pool table almost 8 years later and bars since the base game

Fish tank kit with detailed fish not like the low quality fish tanks we have now
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I’m the kind of dummy who buys everything anyway, but there are few ideas I’d love for my games.

A sword-fighting kit, for medieval play

A pool party kit, because I like swimming

A steampunk kit, because steampunk is cool. (And is the least out of place technology in fantasy setting.)