Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits you would actually buy

Comments

• Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I think gameplay kits aren't going to happen again after the disaster of Bust the Dust, but I would LOVE something like a Teppanyaki grill. That said:

CAS:
    - A jewelry kit. New earrings, piercings, toe rings, etc. This actually wouldn't be a bad one to have a collaboration with an IRL retailer.
    - A teen clothing kit. I want teens to look like teens!
    - Another menswear kit that isn't high-fashion focused.
    - Elder clothing! Including more options for glasses, chunky grandma sweaters, suspenders...

BB:
    - More international-inspired kits. Slavic, Scottish, Mexican...there's a lot of fun options!
    - A clutter kit
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited May 2022
    Toddler kit with gameplay items like toddler strollers & three wheeler bikes.

The only CAS kits I'd love to have would be toddler hairstyles or men's everyday casual clothing and/or more male hair & beard options.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like the idea of pool, toddler and kids toy kits. . I think pottery should be given at least a stuff pack, like knitting. Something I have been wanting is a a pack with a witches hat with no spider, Dracula’s cape, and a few other items. I would also like a gothic clothes kit. I would like a hair kit, a jewelry kit, A toddler and a children clothing kits. Bikes and trikes, for children and toddlers. I’d like push and ride on toys for toddlers, skateboards for children and teens. I want real babies, and kits for them.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    movefan89 wrote: »
    Hotel management kit

Hotel and being able to run them would be awesome. But I doubt that would fit into a kit.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I'd like an industrial printing machine that sims could use to print several copies at once for a manuscript or posters of paintings or pictures. It should also come with an extra large option for paintings and pictures. Mischievous sims could use it to print money, newspapers and magazines.
    I'd also like one of those Tefal gadgets that can bake muffins and little cakes and waffles and sandwiches.
    Ownable coffee shops with active barista job and many coffee recipes.
    50s diner kit with soda fountains and milkshakes machine.
    Movie theater kit.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'd still rather have no kits at all. I'd gladly pay more for EPs and GPs if that would mean they'd be more packed with actual gameplay in the future. I'm tired of the team having to cut features until not much more than the decorative and reused stuff remains.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    If I never see another CAS kit I will be a seriously happy simmer. Unless that CAS kit is giving me new CAS abilities, 3d lashes, the ability to save an outfit, a color slider, the ability to make a fat sim that doesn't look like a pear.. Otherwise, keep it, thanks..

Game play kits however I would be happy with.
    • I want a new traits kit. That is it. A big fat pile of new traits, which will really impact how they act.
      EDIT: I want a traits refresh.. but I know that won't happen..
    • A few kitchen appliances that they can actually use would be really cool.
    • New hobbies/crafts are great for a kit I think.
    • A new animal... or two... or three..
    • A kit with a small handful of new rabbit hole careers would be plausible.
    • I always ALWAYS have wanted a fruit bowl they can actually grab a piece of fruit from. Kinda random I know, but it could be in any decor clutter kit.. I will always embrace new clutter. I would love more kitchen clutter. No counters, no appliances, just CLUTTER!

EDIT: I just remembered the thing I have thought would be good for kits for a while is add-ons to crafts we already have. Like an expansion pack for the crafting options so you could make new things..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Anything occult related - especially additional gameplay/lifestates/etc. Heck give me just a kit of 1 single occult life state we don't have, no CC, no Build/Buy, just the life state, and I will buy it.

You may also entice me with Art Deco or Art Noveau, if I'm in a decorating kind of mood.

But mostly occults, just give me my occults and I am a happy Simmer.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd love these as well

Aquarium Kit with Aquarium Walls and Ceilings and a lobby aquarium like we had in TS2 Apartment Life.

Wedding CAS Kit My Wedding Stories Wedding Gowns wasn't that dressy to me. We need more dressier wedding gowns and long wedding veils.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Give me occults and give the occults JUSTICE.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so agree. ;)
  • Options
    FinkiraFinkira Posts: 5 New Member
    Pet kit:
    - new housings for pets! Dog houses so dogs could guard the yard, new cat trees that you could build yourself and glue to the walls!
    - pet show (dog and cat show, where everything can go wrong!)
    - new pets, reptiles, bunnies etc. And able to interact with them!

Historical costumes kit/making historical costumes kit
    - Edwardian, Victorian, rococo, Renaissance and medieval dresses and suits!
    -measuring mannequins, sewing machines, fabrics, skills and events where you can act out your historical fantasies!

Body modification kit
    - heavily tattooed people, multiple arm, leg, throat and back tattoos! Even face tattoos😍 (not gonna happen, but girl can dream 😂)
    - piercings, multiple ear piercings, lips, cheek, microdermals etc!

Children's clothes
    - more kids clothes! Just overall more wearable clothes for kids
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I've probably already commented on this thread but I am so sick of kits at this point I mean I wouldn't mind a gameplay kit but CAS and Build kits I'm passed done.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I think a kit would be perfect for a new feature where we can craft a sculpture/bust of a given sim from our game.

I play quite community minded, and there would be several ways to use such a feature. Mayors might deserve eternal life as a statue in front of the town hall or in a park. Head of house might want a full size statue of him/her at the family grave. My nobility might want to overlook their property as a statue. Even Judith Ward would probably not turn down the possibility of living forever in granite or bronze...

We did sculpt other sims in TS3, and I assume a sim's physical shape can easily be transferred from sim to statue in TS4, too.

All this Kit would need aside of the sculpture feature, would be a few objects to create the working space, with some tools, granite blocks and perhaps a suitable apron outfit. It would even work without seeing the crafting: sim could simply phone in the order while alive, then leave the lot for a few hours, and the sculpture could be delivered a few days later. If crafting animations, we could also play the sim crafting sculpting this fine work, with various quality as a result of poor skills, perhaps. But I'd grab such a kit even just for the sculpture object.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I've probably already commented on this thread but I am so sick of kits at this point I mean I wouldn't mind a gameplay kit but CAS and Build kits I'm passed done.

Yeah if both these kits are a pile clothes I am going to puke. I am fine with a game play kit. But I am so freaking sick of clothes being thrown at us. Seriously, take your laundry elsewhere EA, my closet is FULL!
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Well, I could use a break from high-end fashion.

Historical and decades costumes are a natural for kits.

Besides clothing basics, male hair and accessories would make a good kit subject. My guys right now like a bit of bling and there's just not much for them in game. I've found some good CC, but they're mostly tagged for female and I'm too lazy to learn how to convert.

Most of the things I want in a small pack would be better done in a stuff pack, but we don't seem to be getting any of those. I would like to see kits or stuff packs built around a theme with at least one gameplay item in them. For example, I was really excited to get the Surf's Up set in the TS3 store because of the wave station. Most of the set was CAS and BB, but that one item made a big difference in my game. You could do a surf pack, a man cave pack with a fixer upper car, a She-shed pack with a pottery wheel or sewing machine, a poker night pack with snacks and a poker table, etc. All in small packs that allow customization with additional gameplay.

• Options
    AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Historical clothes/furniture such as medieval or renaissance.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    The only kit I would buy would be a gameplay kit that was actually worth kit price.

* TS2 Chemistry system - including turn on/offs
    * Babies/toddlers - strollers, bouncers, baby carrier things (I dunno, I don't have kids)
    * Old people stuff - bingo, walking canes, mobility scooters, new animations and activities for the elderly

Even if each of these were individually packed into kits, I would probably buy any of them.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Pool table kit
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    gameplay mostly. I have bought everything for the Sims3 including the entire store and nearly everything for the Sims4 except 3 clothing kits. The airport, the men's, and the fashion street one. I would've bought the men's one if it had different men's outfits that are very different from what we already have ingame and also a traditional man's wardrobe. Men's wear is limited and to put female things in when we have pleanty of female things that already is fixed in game to be able to cross over to either sex is a waste of a pack for me. The fashion street just didn't have enough difference or stuff that would really work in the way I play the game. The airport one is the one I consider the most and I may still get it one day.

Gameplay like dust the bust would be great. I like those and use it regularly. While there are some clothes I would buy fast, they are nothing like what has been put out in the last few years.

There are conceptual art for elders and toddlers in the hobby community pack that I wish they would do a kit for. Maybe a kit that includes the door that had the paper rolls on it, curtains, and several of the items not used in that pack including outfits from elders, toddlers, and men.

They could do adorable toddler and kid outfits and that would be a huge seller. Add new toys in and it would be a need to have kit.

A goth pack of clothes and furniture would be nice and a new coffin for those with vampires.

I might would buy a swim suits/exercise clothes pack if they had nice outfits and not more of the same. Why can't they google outfits; there are insanely nice things on the internet and in store such as the nice white flower cut out sandals you see everywhere.

If they had nice kits, it would be different, but they use these to give us stuff we already have and meanwhile we have no real packs. When the Sims 3 was out, we got all kinds of packs and store packs on top of that. We get near nothing but stuff we already have in game for the Sims4. I'm tired of paying money for what I already bought. I want real Eps and Gps not kits of what we already have.

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Well, I could use a break from high-end fashion.

Historical and decades costumes are a natural for kits.

Besides clothing basics, male hair and accessories would make a good kit subject. My guys right now like a bit of bling and there's just not much for them in game. I've found some good CC, but they're mostly tagged for female and I'm too lazy to learn how to convert.

Most of the things I want in a small pack would be better done in a stuff pack, but we don't seem to be getting any of those. I would like to see kits or stuff packs built around a theme with at least one gameplay item in them. For example, I was really excited to get the Surf's Up set in the TS3 store because of the wave station. Most of the set was CAS and BB, but that one item made a big difference in my game. You could do a surf pack, a man cave pack with a fixer upper car, a She-shed pack with a pottery wheel or sewing machine, a poker night pack with snacks and a poker table, etc. All in small packs that allow customization with additional gameplay.

You got me there historical kits like for me if they dressed like Downton Abbey and like Jane Austin I would buy that CAS kit.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I'm still waiting for more game play kits, like smoothies machine, crackpot, more recipes and harvest of fruits and vegetables. Night clothes and swimming suits are much needed too!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    • Backpacks kit
    • Earphones kit
    • Smartwatches kit
    • Scarfs kit
    • Sunglasses kit
    • Small kitchen appliances kit
    • Microscopes kit
    • Computers kit
    • Normal streetwear kit
    • Everyday clothes kit
    • Underwear kit
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    * A 70s, 80s, 90s build/buy kit with at least one or two gameplay items,
    * A run down low end build/buy kit for low income sims,
    * Kits for individual occults decor items with at least one new gameplay item,
    * Horror themed build/buy kit
    * Band gameplay kit with saxophone, drums, base guitar, etc *wishful thinking*
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Hobby Kit (all hobbies not in the game already)
    Education/Preschool Kit (add to the gameplay that's already in game)
    Disability Kit (wheelchairs, canes, crutches, walkers, hearing aids, braces)
    Toddler/Daycare Kit (anything not already in the game for toddlers and a daycare location)
    Music Kit (bands, instruments, choirs)
    Vehicle Kit (includes hand controls for vehicles to go with the Disability Kit)

All of these should be optional so the players that want these features can purchase them.