Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update 4/26

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The phone chick may have a canon name now, but to me she'll always be Call Girl.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    Where did she come from? I have never seen her before.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Glad some bugs were squashed, honestly. Didn't see many of my own issues on the list, but here's to hoping that will be addressed in the next round.

And not sure how I feel about the new main menu. I thought ONE pic of that girl was enough, now every panel has her pic on it. And I have no idea how to remove/replace them. Not that I spend much time on the main menu, and it was nice that my last played sim would like to see me again, but I'm still looking for a way to "personalize" it, as it said.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Glad some bugs were squashed, honestly. Didn't see many of my own issues on the list, but here's to hoping that will be addressed in the next round.

And not sure how I feel about the new main menu. I thought ONE pic of that girl was enough, now every panel has her pic on it. And I have no idea how to remove/replace them. Not that I spend much time on the main menu, and it was nice that my last played sim would like to see me again, but I'm still looking for a way to "personalize" it, as it said.

@Kathykins I don't think you'll have to worry after today. :)
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Well, from what I see in the notes, it was a bunch of bugs fixed so... Yeah, a great update!
    Not because of the new opening background with ‘phone girl’ but because fixing bugs is always a GREAT thing lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I play rotational and I have mixed feelings about the new way that "resume" works. On the one hand, it will be great when I'm resuming with the intent to play the same household I left when I last played, on the other hand it's an extra step when I'm going to be switching households immediately.

I rotate once per (sim) week, and I very often save and exit just as it is time to rotate, that being a good stopping point for my play. I think I'd love the change if I did not play rotational though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I play rotational and I have mixed feelings about the new way that "resume" works. On the one hand, it will be great when I'm resuming with the intent to play the same household I left when I last played, on the other hand it's an extra step when I'm going to be switching households immediately.

I rotate once per (sim) week, and I very often save and exit just as it is time to rotate, that being a good stopping point for my play. I think I'd love the change if I did not play rotational though.

But you can select instead ‘load’ file.... So, I don’t see the issue with the resume option; sure, again another step, but not a long wait for your save(s) to pop up to load one..
    If ‘load’ game wasn’t there— I’d see a problem lol. But yeah, we don’t lose or miss out on anything by choosing load over ‘resume’... So yeah. Change shouldn’t create an issue.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    They didn't mention fixing the bug where your Sim couldn't build a rocket ship, but I had the bug before and don't have it now.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Funny how different people view the resume button for rotational play.

Personally, I don't quit my game until I have readied it for the next session - so if I am due to rotate to my next house I do that before I quit. The resume button is therefore quite handy for me.

I don't much like the design of the main menu as a whole though. It's a bit blinding. Nothing subtle going on there...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I never use the Resume button, only ever Load Game. If they changed it so that Load Game loaded us into the last played household, I'd be annoyed, because I don't play regular rotations. Instead I keep a list of how many days each household has left in a round. If they reach zero days, I cannot play them until the others depleted their time, too. Which household of my currently eight I'm going to play when I start a session is decided on a whim, so the game defaulting to the last played one has a high chance of loading the wrong one, adding extra steps that weren't there before.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »

But you can select instead ‘load’ file.... So, I don’t see the issue with the resume option; sure, again another step, but not a long wait for your save(s) to pop up to load one..
    If ‘load’ game wasn’t there— I’d see a problem lol. But yeah, we don’t lose or miss out on anything by choosing load over ‘resume’... So yeah. Change shouldn’t create an issue.

Aye, you rotational players use the back door eh? ;)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2022
    I tried using resume button today but it still just felt off like i have phsyical need to see the manage worlds tab first sit there for a bit to scheme so i can witness all my trillion families still there waiting to be played before i choose what family its today

but I was using load game anyway before this so i'll continue using it and hope i don't click the delete button
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    They didn't mention fixing the bug where your Sim couldn't build a rocket ship, but I had the bug before and don't have it now.

Are you playing the same save file where you originally encountered the rocket glitch? Or are you playing in a new save?
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I was just playing around in CAS after the update, and now when you click to add nails it goes straight to a closeup of the sims hand. Now you can truly see what those pretty nails look like on your sim without having to squint.

Have you seen this yet, @Chicklet453681? It only works on the hands, not the feet.
    @DaniRose2143
    That was added with the refresh. Did it stop working at some point? I haven't added nails in CAS in a little while.

Edit: Nope. I haven't updated, and I can still access the nails close up. Also sadly still doesn't do it for rings.

I had never seen that until about an hour and a half ago. I add nails to 75%+ of my sims.
    @DaniRose2143
    Weird. You can go as far back as the early videos for it to see the close-up feature.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited April 2022
    The resume button is a good addition. It’s always baffled me when I’ve returned to the same save and the same save ends up in a different world on a different family from what I was playing when I last played.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I think the team are making some good additions and changes.
    I still want to have DHD fixed though..
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    I was just playing around in CAS after the update, and now when you click to add nails it goes straight to a closeup of the sims hand. Now you can truly see what those pretty nails look like on your sim without having to squint.

Have you seen this yet, @Chicklet453681? It only works on the hands, not the feet.
    @DaniRose2143
    That was added with the refresh. Did it stop working at some point? I haven't added nails in CAS in a little while.

Edit: Nope. I haven't updated, and I can still access the nails close up. Also sadly still doesn't do it for rings.

I had never seen that until about an hour and a half ago. I add nails to 75%+ of my sims.
    @DaniRose2143
    Weird. You can go as far back as the early videos for it to see the close-up feature.

I have no idea why that feature took so long to show up. Nails are something I use a lot. I always have. I haven't changed any game settings since I first set this machine up in December 2020. I'm feeling a bit embarrassed that I posted about it thinking I found something new.

• Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member

@DaniRose2143

@DaniRose2143

I have no idea why that feature took so long to show up. Nails are something I use a lot. I always have. I haven't changed any game settings since I first set this machine up in December 2020. I'm feeling a bit embarrassed that I posted about it thinking I found something new.

No need to feel embarrassed, it was new to you :) Maybe it was cc related? The cc nails I have are in the glove(?) category, I think, so wouldn’t require me to click the hand icon in CAS and that’s the only way to get it to zoom in on the hands.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @Greyling I have cc nails in both categories. A while back TSR put up an Essie nails collection and since then most of the nails you can download over there show up in the nails category. I guess whatever lines of code that were added for that feature got stuck somewhere and finally found their way to where they were supposed to be. Oh well, it works now and it is a useful feature for the way I play.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member

@DaniRose2143

@DaniRose2143

@DaniRose2143
    Happens to the best of us. It's a game with a ton of nuance, and anything from bugs to mods can obscure some of that.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I have not yet updated and I like the idea of bringing a played sim to the opening page as resume. I play rotationally but like others said, I can just switch houses before quitting my session, and jump right into it the new household next time I run my game. There are times though that I would edit community lots the entire session, or simply check details for numerous households from the map view, but I do already occasionally start my game from the saves list, so I'll be fine. Still, I don't understand why they could not add a tiny world icon as an resume alternative, taking us to the last played world map instead of loading a household. It could be a tiny tiny world symbol to click, should no be that hard to add to UI.

I always missed info on current season/day/clock it is in each of my saves. That would help a lot when trying to find the correct save. I normally add season to the save name, but it could easily have been automatically displayed. Would save many of us so much time, and perhaps even help us avoiding opening the wrong save.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    @Greyling I have cc nails in both categories. A while back TSR put up an Essie nails collection and since then most of the nails you can download over there show up in the nails category. I guess whatever lines of code that were added for that feature got stuck somewhere and finally found their way to where they were supposed to be. Oh well, it works now and it is a useful feature for the way I play.

Hehehe, I haven’t updated any cc nails and don’t have very many either so I wasn’t aware that they were also in the nails category, but of course it makes sense that they are :)
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    With the removal of the Fill in Empty Lots option, how will random Sim families be generated? Does Neighborhood Stories do that now? Or am I misunderstanding this? I'm very worried about this change. It will affect the 100 Baby Challenge that I've been doing since I rely on random male Sims being generated in the game and added to empty houses.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    With the removal of the Fill in Empty Lots option, how will random Sim families be generated? Does Neighborhood Stories do that now? Or am I misunderstanding this? I'm very worried about this change. It will affect the 100 Baby Challenge that I've been doing since I rely on random male Sims being generated in the game and added to empty houses.

The game will create new sims for mailcarriers, inspectors, sometimes mixologists, DJs, sometimes kids met at school, firefighters... it generates new sims for a lot of things. They just don't have homes. Look at your "Not in world" sims in manage households and there should be a bunch of them.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    talongirl6 wrote: »

The option inside Neighborhood Stories would control that now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png