Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Fashion Forward

Ok guys. Let's talk about Fashion Forward Game Pack concept which is probably the oldest still not realised game pack concept. What wuold you like to see in this pack? What do you expect we can receive here?

Comments

• Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member

rY322ok.png

I have some expectations or ideas how this game pack can look like:

Fashion Shows

Personally I think that EA can use something similar to Wedding Planner from MWS to create our own fashion shows. Fashion Show planner could have below options to select:

1. ~10 sims for which we would be able to create an outfit
    2. Fashion show place
    3. Fashion show theme
    4. Guests outfits
    5. Music
    6. Models walk sequence
    7. Walk style for each model

To make our shows more crowded, EA can reimplement fake audience from TS3 Showtime and as a catwalk we can receive something similar to the wedding paths from MWS but longer.

In general I would like to be able to create my own shows like below examples (my models, good music, awesome performence and experience):

Model Career

I would like to se the system similar to the acting career from Get Famous. A couple of model agencies, castings and active fashion shows but from model point of view. Obvoiusly for more experienced models I definitley want to see more walk styles and posing inspired by top models:

original.gif

original.gif

Fashion Creator

Freelance career where you can create your own collections by using for example sewing machines ect.

New TV Show

SimCity Next Top Model

New traits

Chic - other sims are inspired around you
    Poser - increase happiness and inspiration during fashion show

New aspirations

Best World Designer - create the most popular fashion brand
    Supermodel - become a supermodel

New World

Simlano - world inspired by Milano - 6 community lots (clubs, bars and fashion centers) + 8 apartments (2 buildings) + 3 houses
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    If this pack came with the ability to save and share "styles" (on the gallery) I'd be a day one buyer.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If this pack came with the ability to save and share "styles" (on the gallery) I'd be a day one buyer.

DITTO! I'm not at all interested in a fashion pack, but like you said, if the ability to save our own styled looks and even better share those on the gallery, I too would be in line behind you on day one!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    I love the idea of a model career, but only if it's active like the acting career. I have a custom rabbit hole modeling career already so another doesn't sell me. I like the idea of fashion shows, but here again, it needs to be active, not a rabbit hole where you get one pop-up multiple choice question to direct how things turn out with a 50/50 chance the results of your choice will be positive.

And put me down as another in favor of sharable styled looks! The possibilities......
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would love it if we had the option to create and save our own styled looks. And the possibility to upload and download to/from the gallery, too.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    edited April 2022
    The only way I see this pack being integrated into TS4 as the game is right now, is like nifty knitting - where all the patterns are premade and you just unlock them on a new level. It would get repetitive very quickly, at least for me.

It wouldn't be like for example Spore but with clothing, which is actually preferable for a create-your-own fashion pack.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Ok guys. Let's talk about Fashion Forward Game Pack concept which is probably the oldest still not realised game pack concept. What wuold you like to see in this pack? What do you expect we can receive here?

I really hope they do this.
    It would complete my Fashion Trinity.

The only models I have in my game are the ones hired by my Fashion Photographers, but this is invented game play.
    I can't really play the models in their careers. I can have him hire models through game play, but what the games offers as candidates aren't really model material. I have him scout for models whenever he goes out into the world.
    11-28-21_1-08-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Game play has been fun from the Photographers point of view.
    11-28-21_1-21-19_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Style influencers are also baked into his game play.
    And I can play my Style Influencers side of the story since they have their own game play.
    The models are out of luck.
    11-28-21_1-21-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I do have a work-around to make sure my models get paid.
    I simply gift them cash. I also gift them copies of the photos so they can hang them up in their homes.
    The more I use them in fashion shoots, the more they get paid.
    11-28-21_1-26-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So yeah, Models would complete fashion game play for me. :)
    It would be nice if they updated the Photographer game play to include legitimate models in the the model selection choice.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    You could play models by putting them up in a house and form a modelling agency group. Decorate a nice office, call in a photographer to take pictures for their portfolio, send them to the gym and dancing lessons a lot, spa treatments, work on their charisma, get them to act in commercials and occasionally in small movies, do make-up videos, organize some more fashion photoshoots for them and increase their portfolio.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I would love a pack like this.
    I love the idea of a model career, but only if it's active like the acting career. I have a custom rabbit hole modeling career already so another doesn't sell me. I like the idea of fashion shows, but here again, it needs to be active, not a rabbit hole where you get one pop-up multiple choice question to direct how things turn out with a 50/50 chance the results of your choice will be positive

This is how I would want it, too. An active modeling career with modeling agencies and gigs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Only if it's a futuristic scifi fashion. :p
  • Options
    ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    Throw in the option for any Sim to strike a pose. This would help with photography and "painting by reference". I spent hours trying to capture my Sims in good poses to put up paintings of them in their castle. They kept wandering away or looking the wrong direction.

Maybe more platform shoes and boots too.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This would not appeal to me.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    For me a fashion designer career would be much more interesting than a model career, though I'd like to see both. A freelance career would be one option, but a semi-active or active career as a fashion designer would be nice too. Involve trendsetter career so you can work together with a trendsetter to sell your clothes, or actively choose to promote a designer if you are a trendsetter. Or have trendsetters review fashion just like critics review food or performances.

I would also want cross pack integration:
    * GTW: Start your own fashion store, dress mannequins in your looks and have them sold there. Or start a sewing business where costumers can come to get their clothes repaired.
    * DU: A fashion education that teaches you how to design and sew. Could lead to the trend setter career or the fashion designer career.
    * GF: Build fame as a model or fashion designer. The more famous the more you get paid, the more people wear your clothes.
    * Moschino: Integrate the photo career so that you can have real fashion shoots with the clothes you've designed, or as mentioned above, with the model career.

I would also love a hidden venue for fashion shows (similar to the movie studio in GF or the police station or hospital in GTW) that you could decorate based on the fashion show and then host it. I would also love it if EA used that venue for their own "fashion shows" to introduce new CAS content.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm trying to think what they could do to make this interesting to me with the options they listed it would be a I definitely would not buy it vote.

They would have to go big like add styles of clothing that's tied to a color wheel so there is some variety in the fashion or do another major update to photography skill for models otherwise for me that game play listed would get old fast I need something to come back to with replayability.

I do find it funny that some of this pack is now being used in high school with the "Top models and fashion designers will drive trends around town" now its regular teens doing that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Well, I will catch them on the other side if they go there.
    I've made my own modeling career. It's basic, but I am enjoying testing it and I can't wait to add models to my main save to go along with my style Influencer and Fashion photographer.

I am at level 8, with two models. One is in the Branch of a Commercial Model. The other is in the Branch of a High Fashion model.
    Level 8 is Commercial Print Model and Glamour Model for them respectively. Their next level will be a national position. I wish the game had hotels. They are based in San Myshuno, but I want them to visit other cities like Del Sol Valley, and Brindleton Bay, where they will work from those locations. I will probably just set up a generic house to work out of without having to take vacation.

Level 10 will have them traveling to Windenburg, Komorebi, and Sulani for fashion shoots.
    07-04-22_2-08-56_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-04-22_10-34-37_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-04-22_10-43-37_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I'd love it and, if the world was inspired in Paris or Milan, it'd be wonderful if we also got nectar making.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    I'd love it and, if the world was inspired in Paris or Milan, it'd be wonderful if we also got nectar making.

I think they have made fizzing juice instead of nectar.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    As part of the “make your own clothes” theme, perhaps a pack like this could make it possible to make your own color schemes for outfits already in the game? (Perhaps using the same tool that allows you to recolor werewolf and pet fur?)
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    This is the only theme I am still waiting for it would be so exciting to have models and travel and runways and fashion!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    The only way I see this pack being integrated into TS4 as the game is right now, is like nifty knitting - where all the patterns are premade and you just unlock them on a new level. It would get repetitive very quickly, at least for me.

It wouldn't be like for example Spore but with clothing, which is actually preferable for a create-your-own fashion pack.

It wouldn’t be as repetitive if we got a sewing machine, patterns and a color wheel….. I would love that!!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I love the idea of a model career, but only if it's active like the acting career. I have a custom rabbit hole modeling career already so another doesn't sell me. I like the idea of fashion shows, but here again, it needs to be active, not a rabbit hole where you get one pop-up multiple choice question to direct how things turn out with a 50/50 chance the results of your choice will be positive.

And put me down as another in favor of sharable styled looks! The possibilities......
    Yes, this is what I would like too. I like active careers.
  • Options
    Sigh...
    Patches broke my custom career for fashion models.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to import my old files back in the update modconstructor program to update it.
    Fortunately, I found a modder who created a modeling career, and she also created work-from-home tasks, something I could not figure out how to do. :)

So modeling is back in, but I wish it was an official feature so I don't have to depend on mods that can be broken.