Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we no longer save rooms with dishes to the gallery?

I have a sim with maxed cooking skill and the fresh chef trait and wanted her to make some dishes that don't spoil. I tried saving a room with these dishes to the gallery but it the room in the gallery only has empty tables. There are however some rooms with dishes on the gallery. Has this possibility been removed or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I have a sim with maxed cooking skill and the fresh chef trait and wanted her to make some dishes that don't spoil. I tried saving a room with these dishes to the gallery but it the room in the gallery only has empty tables. There are however some rooms with dishes on the gallery. Has this possibility been removed or am I doing something wrong?

I have the same issue, and it's not a new issue. There's an EA Answers report about it going back all the way to when City Living came out. I was disappointed because I wanted to save all of the Impeccable wedding cakes I had baked to a room to share.

Anyway, here's the bug report and it includes a "workaround" for the issue at the end: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Food-doesn-t-upload-with-rooms-to-the-gallery/td-p/7845668/page/2

You can save lots with food, thankfully, because I had a sim bake every single wedding cake and also cook every single cooking, baking and gourmet cooking recipe to sell at a retail location...It took almost 2 full sim weeks to do it. It would have sucked if I couldn't save that effort somehow. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Yep, apparently it works for lots, but not rooms.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Glad to see this is on the bug thread.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    This was disappointing when I wanted to use Pufferfish Nigiri to kill off a sim. I had to make it instead. It was convenient that my sim knew the recipe already, but hard to keep him in a bad mood to cook it wrong. At least I could get pufferfish from the gallery (either that or I didn’t need to catch it).
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    It is really annoying because I wanted to use recipes that my sim had unlocked during travelling. @Stormkeep thanks for the link. I will leave a me too on the bug report.