Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim developed black face patch and marks on her body

Yesterday evening CE time 15th Feb 2022, I loaded my game and one of my Sims had a black mask on and marks on her legs, arms and body, squiggles, question marks and patches. I looked on here and it was suggested that repair game would fix it. It did for a short while, then suddenly they returned. This happened after the download mid game. Is it anything to do with that.

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yesterday evening CE time 15th Feb 2022, I loaded my game and one of my Sims had a black mask on and marks on her legs, arms and body, squiggles, question marks and patches. I looked on here and it was suggested that repair game would fix it. It did for a short while, then suddenly they returned. This happened after the download mid game. Is it anything to do with that.

Sounds like corrupted CC.
    Do you use Mods/ CC and if so, did you take out your mods folder?
    Do so and test it.
    Sometimes it shows a black face mask when it’s actually missing (skin related) CC.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    edited February 2022
    Since it occurred just after the latest patch, if you do have mods, many of them probably need to be updated. So possibly an out of date mod is causing the problem.

You can check here to see if anything you use is on the "broken" or "updated" lists:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997549/broken-updated-mods-cc-feb-2022-patch#latest
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    The easiest way to find the corrupted CC is to make a sim wearing the item with the question marks and save it. Then you can use Sims 4 Tray Importer to look at what CC was used. It can take you to the site you downloaded the CC from and you can check for an update or you can delete the file from your Mods folder.

Mac Version