Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unexpected Behavior From Search Tags In Game

kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
Okay.. Hi....So this one is hard to explain, but I'll do my best.

For some time now I have been opening all new build/buy mode cc in Sims 4 Studio to adjust the search tags for all new cc pieces I add to the game. I do this so I can search for cc in game in a way that makes sense to me. The method I have been using and which has been working for me until VERY recently is that I 1) Open the object in S4S. 2) Select the studio tag and 3) Change the text in the name box to include the search terms I want the game to search for. I usually add the text I want to be included in the search behind the "|" line so that the added text is invisible in the game.

For example, every time I add a new cc double mattress to my game, I change the name of the object in the studio tab by adding - | double mattress after the object's name. This allows me to search for the term "double mattress" in game to have the game display all of the cc double mattresses I have downloaded. This has been working for me for a while (years now).

Recently I noticed that some of the cc objects I downloaded and added search criteria to are not being displayed when I search for the added criteria term/s in game. So to be clear, I followed the three steps listed above to add the search terms to the objects in S4S, but when I searched for the objects using the new terms I added, the game didn't find them. Concerned that it was user error, I went into each item and I double checked to make sure that I had added the search criteria to every piece and that my spelling and syntax were correct. I also cleared my caches by deleting all of the files in the sims 4 folder except "user settings", "options" and "config", deleting everything from the "cache", "cachestr" and "onlinethumbnailcache" folders and deleting the "resource.cfg" file from my mods folder. Then I reloaded the game, searched for the objects by the terms I had just added to all the pieces and the game still did not find the objects.

So I am wondering if there is something in these objects files that overrides the name in the studio tab box, when the game is searching. Is there a way to allow the game to search for these items by my added criteria for these items that seem to not be following the rule? Finally I want to be clear that this is only happening to a small group of objects. The large majority of the objects in my game can be modified to be searched as I have described earlier in this post. I am wondering if anyone knows why I cannot apply search terms to these "exception" objects and if there is a way to modify the object files so that I can add the new search terms to these objects.
"You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    You may want to ask over at Sims 4 Studio. They have a section of their board directed toward CC Management: https://sims4studio.com/board/41/custom-content-management-tutorials
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @Bananas_45 Thanks very much for your prompt reply and advice.. headed over there now. Happy Simming! <3
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    kirivian wrote: »
    @Bananas_45 Thanks very much for your prompt reply and advice.. headed over there now. Happy Simming! <3

I hope they can help!
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @Bananas_45 I am not sure if this will be of help to either you or any of the folks who may have also had this problem, but I found a solution and I thought I'd let y'all know here in case it does help anyone else.

As it turns out, I think I found the solution to this particular problem in good old fashioned operator error. My dumb shining through :# . I have been changing the text properly in the name box in the catalog tag on the Studio page, but I needed to check the text string for the language I use in game (in my case American English - represented by the American Flag) under the Warehouse page and make sure that all pertinent text entries were updated there as well. Once I took that extra step, I was able to search and find the cc in game again, and I am back to happy searching.

Thanks again All! <3
    I'm glad you figured it out!