Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2022 (Now Live)(2nd Patch Now Live)

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    Today Electronic Arts Q3 2022 Earnings Conference Call

Let's see if the investors will react to the missing EP for Xmas.

No reaction and nothing was announced.

Just "This adds to our deep pipeline of announced and unannounced projects with our wholly owned IP, including […] The Sims"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    February Patch is probably Next Thursday cause they have to announce the Gamepack Next Week if it's to come out before Valentines Day.

The gamepack will certainly not even be announced before the release of the carnaval kit. Perhaps it will celebrate the beginning of spring (March 21).

That's way to late for a wedding/love pack. It will be before Valentines. March will bring the Next Kit and a Food Event.

No chance. On Feb 9 comes the next (somewhat big) SDX, so no announcement before that because they never do two things at the same time. And then we should be prepared for a long, loong, loooooong marketing campaign, because when will there ever be a better opportunity for the marketing department than a wedding pack? And then shortly before the release on March 31 they suddenly notice that all non-English text is missing because they forgot to send the script to the translation agency. Then it will be postponed to September 😁

Have you seen this?

Alley=Cars...?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited February 2022
    Cinebar wrote: »
    February Patch is probably Next Thursday cause they have to announce the Gamepack Next Week if it's to come out before Valentines Day.

The gamepack will certainly not even be announced before the release of the carnaval kit. Perhaps it will celebrate the beginning of spring (March 21).

That's way to late for a wedding/love pack. It will be before Valentines. March will bring the Next Kit and a Food Event.

No chance. On Feb 9 comes the next (somewhat big) SDX, so no announcement before that because they never do two things at the same time. And then we should be prepared for a long, loong, loooooong marketing campaign, because when will there ever be a better opportunity for the marketing department than a wedding pack? And then shortly before the release on March 31 they suddenly notice that all non-English text is missing because they forgot to send the script to the translation agency. Then it will be postponed to September 😁

Have you seen this?

Alley=Cars...?

Alley = Wedding aisle

bcd1e210.jpg
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Alley = Crime Alley, a Batman set?
    Alley = O'Malley the alley cat?
    Alley = Oop?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Cinebar wrote: »

Have you seen this?

Alley=Cars...?

Alley = Wedding aisle

bcd1e210.jpg

Yeah, might be this.

I think it’s either a weird way to say aisle, or it’s a world with narrow walking lanes or garden pathways bordered by trees or bushes or whatever (looking at alley definitions).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Alley = Oop?

Yup, the next pack will be a cat taking on Batman in a 1 on 1 dunk contest.

You heard it here first folks. 😉
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Being led down a garden path ;) sounds about right for an outdoor wedding.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Alley = Oop?

Also, this has been stuck (possibly permanently) in my head since I read your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRET1vsfiJM
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Well, if the leak is right (and apparently this source has been right before) and the wedding pack is dropping on the 17th, then the patch should be coming late next week, early the week after.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    It would make sense is the go is coming out the 17th, that the patch is out on the 15th which is also exactly two weeks from the release of the laundry list.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The SDX drops Wednesday the 9th so the Patch will probably come Thursday. I can't wait to see what base game updates it adds. I'm betting were getting an attraction system and romantic interactions in bed.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Alley = Oop?

Yup, the next pack will be a cat taking on Batman in a 1 on 1 dunk contest.

You heard it here first folks. 😉

I would love a batman pack.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yay!! My Batman/Batgirl Darkwing, Catwoman, Orora Storm, Supergirl, Diana Wonderwoman thanks you. Yipee!! :p<3B)
    If they do give us superheroes at some point, I hope it'll be an EP with a big New York/Gotham type city with room for secret lairs under its apartments and mansions. And pizza joints. And crime alleys aplenty.
    I'd love a Batman Outfit in TS4. I play the Batman Arkham Series of games.
    edited February 2022
    I'd love a Batman Outfit in TS4. I play the Batman Arkham Series of games.

Patiently waits for the Gotham Knights game to be released.
    edited February 2022
    They only wrote in the description of GP11 : "those who have been invited Can Dance With Us"

Dance skill may be added to the basegame.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Do you think we'll get an Attraction System in this patch?? I hope so.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited February 2022
    My thoughts:
    • If they don't include an attraction system, what was the likes/dislikes really for? (I'm hoping for base game update, but it might be saved for the pack as well)
    • Neighborhood stories seemed to be a bit too conveniently introduced to not get expanded on in connection to the new game pack as they said it would evolve. Expanded match making options possibly? Ability to nag people about marriage and children (I have several would love to be grandmothers who would love that option).
    • Cuddling in bed - I am hoping but not believing until I see it.

What I would adore would be options to ask advice and not just give it, as well as being able to talk about things like marriage and kids with your partner (My sim can talk to friends and strangers about them expanding their family but not to their own spouse about expanding their own - it does seem more than a bit silly).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    So finally the bb mode lag will be addressed? I can't.
    bixters wrote: »
    Do you think we'll get an Attraction System in this patch?? I hope so.

I hope ao.
    We might find out about some of the updates coming In the patch in the wedding stories blog that is coming out Tomorrow.
    I wonder if they'll release the pronouns ahead of the wedding pack, so the brides, grooms and other celebrants can be accurately referred to in text pop-ups.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the update.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Y'all! After y'all hear the music in the background in the trailer, it looks like we're getting an R&B radio station