Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 and Sims 3 Sale

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I want Island Paradise but im afraid of the bug horror stories 😭 I dont have any other issues playing TS3 tho

I have enjoyed Island Paradise just fine, just fyi.

And I caved on Cottage Living at 50% off. No way would I have bought it for $40, but $20 I'll do.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I really want to buy Sims 3 since I can't install it on my new computer (doesn't come with a disc drive on new computer) but I already bought a TON of packs that I don't want to have to do that all over again, even on half price.

Not to mention, Im not sure which packs to get & not get cause I recall it being such a buggy mess by the end that it was so frustrating.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I really want to buy Sims 3 since I can't install it on my new computer (doesn't come with a disc drive on new computer) but I already bought a TON of packs that I don't want to have to do that all over again, even on half price.

Not to mention, Im not sure which packs to get & not get cause I recall it being such a buggy mess by the end that it was so frustrating.

If you already have the sims 3 on disc, have you tried to redeem the product code of your sims 3 games on origin. You can enter the product code of games you buy physically in a store and then they get added to your game library, available for download. I did that with the sims 3 game I had on CD. That way you can install the games you bought by downloading them through origin, no need to repurchase them. It work for expansion packs as well. For sims 3 you have to go to the sims 3 site but this is linked to your origin account and shows in your origin library after registration.

More info here.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/td-p/387162

https://help.ea.com/ca/help/faq/redeem-product-and-promotional-codes/
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

If you already have the sims 3 on disc, have you tried to redeem the product code of your sims 3 games on origin. You can enter the product code of games you buy physically in a store and then they get added to your game library, available for download. I did that with the sims 3 game I had on CD. That way you can install the games you bought by downloading them through origin, no need to repurchase them. It work for expansion packs as well. For sims 3 you have to go to the sims 3 site but this is linked to your origin account and shows in your origin library after registration.

More info here.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/td-p/387162

https://help.ea.com/ca/help/faq/redeem-product-and-promotional-codes/

&

@simgirl1010

Thank you! I'll be sure to look into those options. I'd like to get back into Sims 3 again. I got back into Sims Medieval recently and it was fun. Kind of wish we could have something like that again but with Sims 4's CAS capabilities.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you I bought it! @LatinaBunny
    I tried it vanilla and am experiencing bad lag. So im going to try what some blog posts suggest, deleting houseboats and certain lots/families and step by step go from there, lastly will download (is it NRAAS?) to see if that helps! Sad tho i like the houseboat idea
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    @BlueR0se, My TS3 game and packs were all disc based until just the last couple of expansions and I was able to redeem all of them on Origin so that I have the digital version now, so I'd advise for sure trying to do what @Atreya33 suggested.
    If you have trouble with the automated process, contact their live support. I had to do that for some of it myself and they were super helpful and quick. Origin customer support, at least in my experience, has been top notch.

TS3 still runs like total garbage though, even on a top end almost brand new computer and with all of the various "fixes" for the worlds applied, at least for me. That doesn't stop me from playing it sometimes, but it certainly stops me from playing it as often as I play TS4.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

Are your previous packs in CD format? I have some old Sims 3 discs, and I managed to add their registration codes to Origin and now they work in Origin. Maybe see if that could for your CD copies as well?

If not, then check with customer support and see if they can help you there, too. You should be able to register your CD stuff to your Origin account.
    Thank you I bought it! @LatinaBunny
    I tried it vanilla and am experiencing bad lag. So im going to try what some blog posts suggest, deleting houseboats and certain lots/families and step by step go from there, lastly will download (is it NRAAS?) to see if that helps! Sad tho i like the houseboat idea

Yeah, it’s why I try to add the “with mods” caveat whenever I recommend Sims 3. Sims 3 needs some mods to clean it up, and some alterations (like deleting certain households, etc).

NRAAS mods like Master Controller (for more control over sims’ lives), and cleaning Nrass mods like Error Trap and Overwatch (for catching errors and cleaning junk up), and following some tips like deleting certain households and getting a fixed world, are what helped reduce lag for me. (Some NPC Sims get stuck, so they help with those errors, and also turn off stereos and clean up cars and clean up various other things.)

Creating new saves (less overwriting over the same one save) also help with reducing some save data bloat as well.

My computer’s a bit older, and I didn’t have a high-gaming graphic card, so I lower some minor graphic settings to make it run even more smoother. It only has a tiny couple seconds of lag once per sims day to reset some sims or clean up the daily cars or whatever, but it works very smoothly otherwise. And this is with an older computer after all.

If it’s already smooth enough (for the most part) with my old computer with these mods and changes, I assumed a more new computer would be even smoother.

Sorry to hear that vanilla is not smooth for you, @StrawberryYogurt . 😟 Hopefully the mods and suggested changes would make it run more smoothly. Keep us updated on how your game is going. I hope it works better with the suggestions!
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    @LatinaBunny I tried w/o mods and deleted some families and it was still bad. But after downloading Overwatch and Error trap it helped tremendously and is now playable! Ive been having fun. Thank you!!

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    @LatinaBunny I tried w/o mods and deleted some families and it was still bad. But after downloading Overwatch and Error trap it helped tremendously and is now playable! Ive been having fun. Thank you!!

Oh, I’m so, so glad that the cleaning mods helped, at least! 🤗👍

Another NRAAS mod I would recommend (besides NRAAS Mastercontroller, though that’s mostly if you want more detailed control over story progression/sims in the world, but it also has some debugging options as well to help with some bugs) is NRAAS Traveler for whenever your sims travel to vacation places or when kids go on field trip, etc to help keep track and try to repair some traveling bugs/errors if any bugs/errors occur during/after traveling. :smile:

I consider NRAAS the most essential mods for me to have a smooth Sims 3 experience, so I’m glad that it’s working for you, @StrawberryYogurt ! 🤗👍Hope it continues to work for you and you get to enjoy everything in the pack!

I have one family with a houseboat, so only a tiny bit of lag for the errors/clean up moments, but it’s been mostly smooth otherwise, for me. The NRAAS mods make it possible to get a much better experience.

I feel almost every Sims game needs mods. I had to use some cleaning/debug mods for even Sims 2 recently, but Sims 3 definitely needs these cleaning and debugging mods, lol!

(And, as another extra option, there are also some fan-fixed versions of the various EA worlds that fans put up online as well that you can download and just replace the world files for those, though you should always keep a backup of old files, just in case, of course.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Tysm!! Super helpful tips!

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited February 2022

and The Sims 4 Base Game!

The tables have turned in terms of Sims sales over on Origin. The platform has just published their latest Fabulous February Sale featuring some of EA’s biggest franchises, including The Sims.

The Sims 4 Base Game is 88% off at only 5USD. That is also the only Sims 4 Game that’s on sale right now!

The other Sims Games are The Sims 3 Games included in this sale, featuring every Expansion Pack, Stuff Pack and World offered on Origin. Let’s break down the offers:

The Sims 3 Expansion Packs (75% off in US, 50% off in other territories)
    The Sims 3 Stuff Packs (50% off)
    The Sims 3 Worlds (50% off)
    The Sims 3 SimPoints (50% off)
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member
    I don't understand why EA refuses to put Roaring Heights on sale.... Crying in corner
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    For Sims 3, there are a few essential patches. One I haven't seen mentioned is the smooth patch. With it and NRaas Overwatch and Errortrap, and minimal CC (skins, hairs, eyes, sliders only, and also the store content), it runs better than Sims 4 does for me. I'm on a highish mid-range computer, and there are guides out there to get it to see your graphics card, and it's actually pretty amazing. Far less simulation lag than Sims 4, comparable load times. Sims 3 doesn't have a search bar, though, which is too bad.

https://modthesims.info/d/658759/smooth-patch-1-2-1.html

You can look up videos to see just how much of a game changer this is.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The Sims 4 Base Game is 88% off at only 5USD. That is also the only Sims 4 Game that’s on sale right now!
    Wow. Don't spoil is too much, EA.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    fantuanss wrote: »
    I don't understand why EA refuses to put Roaring Heights on sale.... Crying in corner

@fantuanss can you purchase sim points at 50% off and use them to buy Roaring Heights?
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited February 2022
    If I buy a pack on Origin will I be able to play it through Steam? I bought the Sims 3 and all my packs so far through Steam.

Edit: After some digging it looks like that is not the case :( I thought I read somewhere that you could...
    Oh well. There's enough content yet to be explored with the packs I already have.
    Post edited by HopeyStarr on
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member

@fantuanss can you purchase sim points at 50% off and use them to buy Roaring Heights?

Roaring Heights can't be bought as simpoints so....
  • Options
    I bought IL last time this may be my opportunity to get Generations 😁

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

If sim points ever go on any kind of sale, I'll eat my hat. And be first in line to load up because I want worlds that cost $40 each and so on.

But sim points have cost a penny each with a slight discount when you put down more than $50 at once for them, as long as I have played. The best deal if you can justify is is what you get for...was it $80? $120? It was something like that. Insane. But it was like 240000 sim points or something like that. Enough to probably buy the whole store but only if you watch for Daily Deals lol.

My sims3 game runs super well with the nraas mods and the "cleaning cache files and never overwriting saves" strategy.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @ignominiusrex, Instead of Sim points going sale, they put the things you buy with Sim points on sale. It has the same effect. Stuff was marked down yesterday pretty significantly, though I don't know about worlds. The images I saw just showed various compilation packs and I didn't visit the point store myself.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    There is another Origin sale:

The Sims 4 Sale
    The Sims 4 Base Game – 88% off
    The Sims 4 Expansion Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 4 Game Packs – 30% off (MWS is not included)
    The Sims 4 Stuff Packs – 30% off
    The Sims 4 Origin Pre-Made Bundles – 20% off

The Sims 3 Sale
    The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Base Game, Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff) – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Expansion Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Stuff Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Worlds – 50% off

The sale goes until March 8, 2022 at 10 a.m. PST
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

Hey love, I know this thread in a couple of months old, BUT I just wanted to say that you can buy a portable disc drive on Amazon for like 15-30 dollars :blush: . I also don't have a disc drive on my gaming laptop and the portable drive works just the same as an internal one, especially if you are just using it to install and play your games. Let me know if you still want help deciding which packs to get, I own them all and still play Sims 3 pretty regularly so its fresh in my mind.
  • Options

The sale is active right now and will last across platforms until March 31st, 2022 at 10AM Pacific Time.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    The usual sale is back on Origin:

The Sims 4
    The Sims 4 Base Game – up to 80% off
    The Sims 4 Expansion Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 4 Game Packs – 30% off (MWS is not included)
    The Sims 4 Stuff Packs – 30% off
    The Sims 4 Origin Pre-Made Bundles – 20% off

The Sims 3
    The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Base Game, Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff) – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Expansion Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Stuff Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Worlds – 50% off

The sale goes until May 3, 2022 at 10 a.m. PDT