Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things never before implemented?

2...Next

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    Customizable lot type where you can choose specific activities that sims do on that lot.

For example: Currently if there is a pool on a lot that is set to "spa", sims ignore the pool and only do the spa activities. If you set the lot type to "pool", sims ignore the spa stuff and only use the pool. The custom lot type would allow you to combine these things and create a lot where sims do both.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member

Well then they have to make sure not to add cars lots of bad things happen in cars.
    Lets not go down that road.

Anyway back on topic a grim reaper job has never been done before.

Yes but they’ll HAVE to add cars because ME, MYSELF and I want them.
    I also want planes, trains and… helicopters and motorbikes. I’m not really concerned about anyone else. I was only “considering” other people’s *ahem* feelings. After all I’m the only one playing my game, thank goodness for that. I’d have so many nut harvestables growing all over the place they’d be blocking the train tracks and causing traffic jams. The mayhem, the mayhem. 😅

A Grim Reaper career would be a wonderful addition to the game. More deaths and a Netherworld.
    Reapers could be getting around quicker in their The Reaper Mobile, which is unlocked at a higher career level. That way reapers are able to collect and transport more souls to the Netherworld. We’d have all different kinds of Reaper Mobiles of-course, ones that could suit different eras.

❤️

Yes, yes. I agree that Grim needs his own car (designed by Barris Kustoms, of course). But, in the interest of inclusion, I insist that Vlad be given his own version of the Drag-ula from The Musters, and The Ghostbusters Ectomobile be included in Paranormal. It’s only fair.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2021
    Joking about allergies is NOT funny. I know allergies don’t happen when it comes to being exposed to computer and video games that have them. Neither is joking about car accidents and train accidents. Train accidents don’t happen often, and car accidents do happen, but it’s still not funny. Would you laugh about and joke about school shootings and request them in the game? Of course not. Because school shootings, like allergies and accidents from trains and cars, is NOT funny.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    Joking about allergies is NOT funny. I know allergies don’t happen when it comes to being exposed to computer and video games that have them. Neither is joking about car accidents and train accidents. Train accidents don’t happen often, and car accidents do happen, but it’s still not funny. Would you laugh about and joke about school shootings and request them in the game? Of course not. Because school shootings, like allergies and accidents from trains and cars, is NOT funny.

I requested virtual in flight peanuts for my sims. You are the one who opposed peanuts on account of allergies. Were you joking or trolling?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Airplanes for traveling even if you board the plane and get a loading screens for long distance vacations
    Hair growth - would love if sim hair would grow over time and they would need to get haircuts.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

I agree. Joking about allergies is NOT funny. But then again, who was joking about allergies?

Looks like you’re good at making a mountain out of a mere nut.
    I only suggested a couple of never done before gameplay features related to nuts, such as interactive squirrels and monkeys and conker festivals. And that we don’t have to worry about allergies.

And a couple of other things…😇

Now…are you saying that you DO want trains or that you DON’T want trains? Is requesting them OK or not Ok since we’ve just discovered that they can indeed cause accidents. Or are you implying that - since train accidents don’t happen often- it’s fine to add trains to the sims and whoever suffered from train related trauma should just…deal with it?
    “Your trauma isn’t as important as my allergy. I want trains but you can’t have nuts.”

Wait a second……did I just lose my brain around here? I think I did..

Please don’t step on it folks, it’s only the size of a walnut.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The person who said murder!! Yes please! I think it’s kinda strange this isn’t in the game anyways.. like the sims team love adding new and inventive deaths to the game, and ways for us as players to kill our sims, yet we can’t get them to kill each other… such a missed opportunity! Like a Cluedo style game pack or something, they could defo do it in a more child friendly kinda way..

Also mentioning CAS, I would love like layered items, add a scarf or a shirt separately for example, and then also choose how the shirt is styled, for example open or buttoned up etc.. they did this in TS2 on console and it really helped keep a limited cas really fresh!
    I would also love this kind of system with hair styles, like you could add different fringes for example, different baby hairs around the hairline, or like extensions that can be added to any hair style. Also layered beards, so we can stack stubble on top of beards.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I think Preteens should be implemented in game something new and exciting. Surfing should be reimplantated, skating and skateboarding, motorcycles, have an actual alien world.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I think Preteens should be implemented in game something new and exciting. Surfing should be reimplantated, skating and skateboarding, motorcycles, have an actual alien world.

I would love it if they redid sixam and make it a real livable place with some sort of storyline like strangerville(even though I hated it but I think it would work on an alien world)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I would love it if they redid sixam and make it a real livable place with some sort of storyline like strangerville(even though I hated it but I think it would work on an alien world)

For real.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2021

I agree. Joking about allergies is NOT funny. But then again, who was joking about allergies?

I only suggested a couple of never done before gameplay features related to nuts, such as interactive squirrels and monkeys and conker festivals. And that we don’t have to worry about allergies.

Now…are you saying that you DO want trains or that you DON’T want trains? Is requesting them OK or not Ok since we’ve just discovered that they can indeed cause accidents. Or are you implying that - since train accidents don’t happen often- it’s fine to add trains to the sims and whoever suffered from train related trauma should just…deal with it?
    “Your trauma isn’t as important as my allergy. I want trains but you can’t have nuts.”

I think you guys are missing my point. When you guys were like “OMG nuts in the games are NOT a big deal because it’s all virtual”, when I commented how I don’t think nuts should be in the game due to my having nut allergies and some people in my life too and how serious nut allergies can be, THAT upset me. I DO want trains and cars. I never said people with train related trauma is less important than my allergies.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I want banks only if we can organize bank heists. I have no interest in saving money in a bank in the Sims 4. I want to be able to rob it while wearing a Bobba Fett costume.

Oh. That's marvelous. My sims want to do that too. I didn't know they wanted to, but now, I know that they really want to do that. On an alien planet full of wild, fire breathing dragons. And dance Argentine Tango afterwards. My sims are going to need some customizable traits like furiously passionate. And they should be able to watch the sunset together while enjoying baklava and champagne, before heading out to a late night at the symphony.

I think you guys are missing my point. When you guys were like “OMG nuts in the games are NOT a big deal because it’s all virtual”, when I commented how I don’t think nuts should be in the game due to my having nut allergies and some people in my life too and how serious nut allergies can be, THAT upset me. I DO want trains and cars. I never said people with train related trauma is less important than my allergies.

Ok, wait, world, STOP!
    Please ban ALL farming games! Someone is upset!

I’ll tell you why: Going by your mindset we shouldn’t have apple and pear trees in the sims. AT ALL! Those things are absolutely lethal to people who have severe fruit allergies. I too have people in my life -blood related- who cannot as much as look at an apple or hazelnut before their entire system begins to rage out of protest. But never ever would they ask for these items to be bulldozed and burned from GAME CODE just because they themselves are unfortunate enough to have a darn fruit & nut allergy. Yes it 🪠s.
    But instead of dwelling on what they can’t do in life, they find things that they CAN do, so they’d be building farms full of apple and pear orchards in their game! And have their sims eating them fresh from the source. Because it IS virtual! And so it is harmless to their system. Hooray.

In fact having these items in a game can prove to be beneficial to some people. Virtual Wish Fulfilment is what draws many to a game like the sims. Why not focus on the positive, rather than the negative?
    Sure, let’s go nuts, why not?

And my goodness don’t compare this with making fun out of school-shootings. ???

It would be rather unfair to ask EA for removal or omission of everyday foods or items like nuts. Or cars, or trains.
    If someone mentioning an idea for a bunch of nuts in a game -tiny little innocent pixel peanuts in a pixel bowl on a virtual plane…🥺- are the things that upset you, perhaps it is best to remove yourself from that kinda game for a while and seek entertainment elsewhere.

#pleasedontcancelnuts

edited December 2021
    K back to topic:

A city sewer Sewer City. Sewer Myshuno?
    It’d include (smelly) boat rides and underground lots to build on.
    Some of the Sims who live there would be able to shapeshift into cats and rats…or other monstrosities.
    I’d love a strange world like that. Very suitable for steampunk aesthetics too.
    It doesn’t have to be smelly per se. Just dark and smoky but at the same time majestically majestic.

ETA: Some concept art:
    6-D8751-ED-4785-4-B60-B25-D-4-D1-A744-C586-E.jpg
    DA5-DC570-24-AC-4-DAB-B91-B-64-BCFB9-EB991.jpg
    2-FD80-A72-A580-43-D5-BFA0-0-EF0-B895-E2-D7.jpg
    A6-AF0-DB7-CEE7-432-B-9-AE1-38888-A82-A073.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Wise words, those, and thank you for the reality check. I just wanted to add #pleasedontcancellegumes to your #pleasedontcancelnuts campaign. Because... peanuts are... legumes. But maybe you knew that. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    edited December 2021
    VeeDub wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Wise words, those, and thank you for the reality check. I just wanted to add #pleasedontcancellegumes to your #pleasedontcancelnuts campaign. Because... peanuts are... legumes. But maybe you knew that. :lol:

@VeeDub Thank you and indeed I was very much aware of this “peanut is a legume” - fact.

I just lied. I wasn’t. 😅

I recently learned that bananas are berries and raspberries are not. Raspberries are aggregate fruits. Aggregate fruits are a bunch of little fruits pretending to be a fat berry. Cheeky ain’t they? Just like peanuts. Pretending they are a nut. Confusing me.
    Like Koala Bears. They feel they can just put “Bear” behind their name and expect people to believe they’re a cute teddybear. They’re not bears. They’re marsupials. They’ve got a furry baby pouch.
    Silly guys.

Back on topic:

Marsupials.

@VeeDub Thank you and indeed I was very much aware of this “peanut is a legume” - fact.

I just lied. I wasn’t. 😅

I recently learned that bananas are berries and raspberries are not. Raspberries are aggregate fruits. Aggregate fruits are a bunch of little fruits pretending to be a fat berry. Cheeky ain’t they? Just like peanuts. Pretending they are a nut. Confusing me.
    Like Koala Bears. They feel they can just put “Bear” behind their name and expect people to believe they’re a cute teddybear. They’re not bears. They’re marsupials. They’ve got a furry baby pouch.
    Silly guys.

Back on topic:

Marsupials.

And while all berries are fruit, not all fruits are berries. And while cherries are fruit, they're not berries; they're drupes. Not to be confused with dupes, of course, because they're a whole 'nother animal. Or not. :sunglasses:

Oh, right. Marsupials. Yes. I can't help but say yes to marsupials. A kind of drupe with a few more letters but missing a couple, I think.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Would also like to invite sims to a lot based on age, career, sexual preference and relationship status.

I just lied. I wasn’t. 😅

Silly guys.

Back on topic:

Marsupials.

And while all berries are fruit, not all fruits are berries. And while cherries are fruit, they're not berries; they're drupes. Not to be confused with dupes, of course, because they're a whole 'nother animal. Or not. :sunglasses:

Oh, right. Marsupials. Yes. I can't help but say yes to marsupials. A kind of drupe with a few more letters but missing a couple, I think.

How about Mars Drupials? They grow and live on Mars. Never had those in the game before. They’re cherry like creatures that grow in pairs with their heads linked to one another by some sort of brain stem. That’s how they communicate. Through that stem. They’re born and married at the same time. The Mars Drupial is a gentle kind of creature that carries its babies around in little cherry pockets.
    Their greatest enemy is The Martian Cherry Bomb Beast. Martian Cherry Bomb Beasts collect Mars Drupial sprogs and use them as ammo. No one knows for what. But they do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just lied. I wasn’t. 😅

Silly guys.

Back on topic:

Marsupials.

How about Mars Drupials? They grow and live on Mars. Never had those in the game before. They’re cherry like creatures that grow in pairs with their heads linked to one another by some sort of brain stem. That’s how they communicate. Through that stem. They’re born and married at the same time. The Mars Drupial is a gentle kind of creature that carries its babies around in little cherry pockets.
    Their greatest enemy is The Martian Cherry Bomb Beast. Martian Cherry Bomb Beasts collect Mars Drupial sprogs and use them as ammo. No one knows for what. But they do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mhm, I always suspected as much. Also, I like brain stems. Best kind of stem there is.

(Ok, I'll stop milking the nuts and fruits and berries and alien marsupials now.) :lol:
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Just going to paste what I had written in another thread.

1. Amusement parks that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with carnival games, rides, candy floss, candy apples, popcorn and a soft drink dispensing machine.
    2. Banks that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with safes, ATMs and tellers so sims can have separate accounts, earn interest, get a loan, store their valuables, embezzle and rob.
    3. Cars that can be washed, built, upgraded, stolen, displayed, sold and used for racing.
    4. Casinos that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with slot machines, poker tables and roulette tables for sims to gamble, embezzle and rob with a world like Monaco.
    5. Lifestyles of the rich with golf, tennis and sailing clubs as well as crafting fine jewelry, perfume and chocolates with a world like Dubai.
    6. Resorts that our sims can own, manage, work at and stay during vacations and honeymoons that can be built in any world and with multi-purpose lots.
    7. Cultural weddings that our sims can plan including:
    - selecting the day and time for the ceremony and reception
    - selecting the budget and customs
    - booking the venue, wedding official and place to honeymoon
    - booking the caterer and selecting the food
    - (booking the DJ if we have City Living and) selecting the music
    - selecting the decorations, wedding party and outfits
    - ordering the cake, nectar and flowers
    - an option button for those who like drama so there is a chance for something to go wrong
    - a reminder the day before to decorate the venue and pick up the cake, nectar and flowers.