Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My laptop is finally available to upgrade to windows 11. Let's see how it runs sims 4.

I don't see any discussions on this but I just got the ability to upgrade my laptop to windows 11. When it's done I can see how it runs the sims 4. My current problem is how hot it gets. It's really new, it's a Samsung galaxy pro 360 which came out in May this year I think but it's not a gaming laptop so I didn't expect it to run anything that well. So I hope with windows 11 it helps that problem since windows 10 is just horrible with stuff like cortana taking up RAM (I think).

I also have 15+ gb of mods and cc so yeah lol. I also have an actual gaming pc so I should be able to get windows 11 on there too.

Anyways if anyone has windows 11 how has it been going for you?
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    My seven year old gaming laptop won’t upgrade to Windows 11 I think. The tool says it’s not supported. I am trying to decide how important the upgrade to 11 is…
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    My seven year old gaming laptop won’t upgrade to Windows 11 I think. The tool says it’s not supported. I am trying to decide how important the upgrade to 11 is…

When mine is upgraded I'll try to see how different or better it is
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've had my laptop less than a year so it should be able to upgrade -- just haven't bit the bullet yet to try it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    windows 11 is available for me but I'm gonna wait to see how it goes for other less computer dumb people first

find that new windows versions often spawn trouble and/or unneeded additions so yeah. I remain not updating immediately
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've had it for like 3 months, haven't noticed any difference. My computer has been struggling with the game considerably more than usual recently but I couldn't say if that was down to the update or not.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    edited October 2021
    It would probably be safest to wait till the first service pack is out that fixes most of the biggest issues.
    My cranky old computers can't do the automatic upgrades to Windows 11, but I've seen cases of it being manually installed on much older machines and running just fine. But I'm leaning much more towards upgrading to Linux, heard that The Sims 4 as well as many other games runs fine on Linux.
    When trying different operating systems I've plugged in another hard drive in place of the old one so when I can't get it to work right and do what I need done it's just a matter of plugging the old hard drive back in

And I have a pretty negative opinion of Windows 11 mainly because of all the perfectly good computers it's going to send to the landfills.
    The cake is a lie
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Update:

I opened the sims 4 and I haven't seen much difference. My laptop still runs pretty hot. I didn't previously have any problems with performance so I'm not sure if upgrading would increase performance for anyone. But I do have to say the new ui design is really nice.

And I haven't had much trouble in terms of bugs. The only problem I had was that on windows 10 I could switch the colour profile sRGB and now it only has the Samsung amoled option. I'm guessing that would be fixed in patch updates.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    My laptop is 4 years old and I got a notification that it doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11. Apparently there is a way to probably fix it, but I'm not going to do it. I don't even want Windows 11 on this laptop. I'm going to need a new one in a few years and it's going to have Windows 11 anyway.
    I remember how many problems Windows 10 caused when people upgraded their old computers to it. I'm not a computer expert and if something goes wrong I have no idea how to fix it. Since Windows 11 is not necessary for me, I have no interest on it yet.