Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAS category would you buy a kit for?

KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
What kind of pieces (if you include images, please put them in a spoiler if it's a lot) would you like to see added to your chosen category through a CAS kit?
Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
Post edited by KyreRoen on

What CAS category would you buy a kit for? 85 votes

Formal Wear
12%
AlexaiColorist40PlayerSinger2010pajamajam07KhrisstyneTwoeta_BirdHopeyStarrAmandèleReaganboganMashamakCatWithTwoTails 11 votes
Athletic Wear
2%
SnaveXsChildrenofhurin 2 votes
Sleepwear
52%
crocobauraCK213Mstybl95Monet11elanorbretonsimgirl1010cchant86alanmichael1SimplyJenPlumbobCrossingspice3emereannaliese39snoepjes1210DoloresGreytexxx78annalephantChadSims2bizuktagSheriSim57 45 votes
Swimwear
3%
Frn0731freindlylolJestTru 3 votes
Partywear
3%
BreeSashaJueJueLiELF 3 votes
Hot Weather
0%
Cold Weather
10%
FKM100Isb917taydev100LilDreamsEvaliynsinnyoncebirdonawireDianesimsSkyrryx 9 votes
Everyday
14%
IcewolfJaline33Moon_WillowChampandGirlieAlanSimsMondayPeralRavenSpitPatriceClousinatorsNightlyCoffeeZoeyevester 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    If you're talking about clothing only, I'd have to say all categories for male attire. I'd also like to see some more variety in male accessories (especially piercings and tatoos) for all categories. But most of all, males need more love in the area of hair. All hair, but especially more facial hair options and could we please finally get some (as in any at all) body hair? :cry:

Edit: Just now saw the edited topic title. I don't know that I'd buy a kit for this stuff, as I'd have to see what such a kit actually offered first.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Sleepwear
    VeeDub wrote: »
    If you're talking about clothing only, I'd have to say all categories for male attire. I'd also like to see some more variety in male accessories (especially piercings and tatoos) for all categories. But most of all, males need more love in the area of hair. All hair, but especially more facial hair options and could we please finally get some (as in any at all) body hair? :cry:
    @VeeDub
    My bad. To clarify, the question was what cas category would you buy a kit for (clothing only, yes)? I just (initially) worded it badly.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear because we have so few options and my sims like to wear snuggly pajamas.
  • Options
    Sleepwear
    My vote is for sleepwear, and in particular: underwear. We haven't had more than 2 different boxers since the game released and the sparsity in lingerie is staggering.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Cold Weather
    Cold weather. I live in a cold country and I think there's not enough style choice for that category.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sleepwear
    I'd also like a kit on swimwear and some proper gloves that don't look like they are painted on.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sleepwear
    Like others, I don’t think we have enough sleepwear, but I would also love to see hair and jewelry. And I wish they would add a costume category, for the costume party and cosplay ( and add a witches hat without the spider and Dracula cape ) and a wedding category to choose our wedding outfits. Oh and more children and toddler clothes kits too, please.

Just to add though, I would buy a kit from any of the categories, we just need more sleepwear though. Also I was glad to see that new hairstyles are in the update, and some jewelry is in one of the new kits!
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sexy sleepwears for couples, cool sleepwears for singles & teens, cute sleepwears for children/toddlers &
    cozy warm sleepwears for Elders. ;)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Everyday
    If I like enough of the clothes in any category, I'll consider a kit. I'll freely use it at some point because I make and play with a lot of characters.

For me the question is usually how many of the items I like or would use in the game. Yes, I'd be up for new sleepwear but any type of "everyday" clothes are used the most often. To use party wear, I would really need to see more types of parties added.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Sleepwear
    Definitely sleepwear. I'd love a Master Suite style pack or kit.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sleepwear
    As many have already said, sleepwear. It's currently the smallest selection within CAS, and there's just not enough variety in either style or color.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I have to agree with a male fashion pack. The categories aren’t my problem. A lack of male clothing, hair and accessories across all categories is my problem. And, I don’t mean funky ankle pants or moto stitched jeans. I need good basics, nice party wear, hair and accessories.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sleepwear
    Sexy male sleepwear.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Sleepwear
    I chose sleepwear because it's clearly the most lacking. But honestly, I would probably buy a CAS kit for any of the categories** if I liked the style.

**Except athletic wear. I have more than enough of that for my purposes.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm not sure I need new clothing in general at this point, unless it's historical clothing, of course.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Wow, sleepwear seems to be a real winner here.
    What do you all wear in bed !??
    No need to answer btw.

Ok so I don't mind a kit for any of the categories, as long as I like it and...as long as it's for dudes for a change. You know, stuff you'd wear with a beard...or a hairy belly.
  • Options
    annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    Sleepwear
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Like others, I don’t think we have enough sleepwear, but I would also love to see hair and jewelry. And I wish they would add a costume category, for the costume party and cosplay ( and add a witches hat without the spider and Dracula cape ) and a wedding category to choose our wedding outfits

oh this, very much this!

I would happily buy a sleepover kit with all sorts of sleepover attire because i think the sleepwear and lingerie in game is so limited and was thinking about it only the other day when dressing my most recent family. But i also find that the full outfit category is totally swamped by costumes/cosplay outfits that are only suited to costume parties and i would like to be able to select what my sims wear for costume events/spooky day and what they wear for weddings. I hate that it randomly generates wedding outfits- i want my guests and attendees to match!!! it's time to add some more categories to the CAS sort so that we can find outfits more easily and have a little more control over our sim's attire!

More hair, especially for men and kids (and age apropriate- toddlers with shoulder length hair is not at all realistic!) is always going to be welcome. Im not sure i would want to spend £5 on jewellery but i'd welcome more accessories being included in CAS kits in general.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Everyday
    everyday I guess...actually it depends way more on the style of clothing than the category...
    Sims can wear anything in any category, just tick the filter off.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It would depend completely on what it is.
    For example theoretically I love workout gear, but since the "retro" kit for workouts is from the horrible time known as the 90s instead of the cool and sexy 80s I am not interested.

(what? I grew up in the 80s, I was 8 years old 1980 and 18 1990. The 80s literally is my childhood).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sleepwear
    Wow :o I am so surprised to see how many people voted for sleepwear. I wouldn't mind a Master Suite 2.0 for CAS. There are some similar clothing items already in the game but more of it in different styles would be great.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepware PLEASE. Snuggly onsies for the whole family. Old fashioned night gowns. Sexy lacey stuff. Old shirt that's really comfy but has some holes in it. Hairstyles for sleep. The possibilities.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sleepwear
    Seriously when was the last time we got any sleepwear base game? I also don't want 90% of it for adult female Sims male Sims need sweatpants (not above the ankle) more shorts comfy looking shirts and underwear.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sleepwear
    Maybe they could add some more swatches for the sleepwear category and I wouldn't mind for other type of clothes too.
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I'm less bothered about the categories than I am the style of clothing... I'd like some classic style clothing that will suit adult/elder sims, particularly men but to be honest, I'd like to see a kit that is tailored more towards males in general.