Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    These modders are so talented!
    However, it doesn't look like you can just create a world from scratch. It looks like you have to erase an old world and build off of it. Which is still really cool.
    I'm curious about if you could customize the placement/ number of lots in the world. Will they have to stay in the same place, or can you change their locations? The trailer makes it look like you can only put assets into the world, not place actual lots.

It looks really cool though, and I'm intrigued to see what people do with it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    WOW! Super exciting! I can't wait to read the reviews of the Beta Testers. I have dreamed and dreamed of being able to remove all of the dumb and out of place fake buildings in my worlds.

Kinda hard to "Play with Life" the way you want when you're limited to the world being ONLY the vision of the dev team.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    As awesome as this sounds this is not a mod I would attempt to use until the patches are perminately done. I'd be terrified of patch day disasters lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My interest is definitely piqued. :yum:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I've resisted the T.O.O.L mods because while I do build, I try to keep MOO and clutter to a minimum to keep it playable, and TOOL just seemed like an invitation to make really pretty but really cluttered and unusable builds. (Certain interactions require a certain amount of space, and not having that space means the sims will route to somewhere they do when asked to do them... even if that's far away.)

But this... this I will be watching very carefully because this looks really interesting.
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love their mods and that is so cool!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sounds amazing - Can’t wait to try this one out! (:
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Looks amazing, I already use that person's Better Exceptions, cheat mod, I look forward to trying the T.O.O.L mod, so talented!
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m excited to try it out
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    A very talented modder indeed.
    Sims 3 Create a World is one of my favorite Sims features.

Although I appreciate the development of this mod, I hope that Maxis will give us full world or neighborhood customization at some point in the future. I would love adding my own roads, dirt paths, lots, lakes and oceans to the game. Personally I never really cared for editing existing hoods. It’s interesting that debug is full of huge shells and objects that only make sense in combination with a CAW tool.

Having said all that, I’m very impressed with what TwistedMexi has offered players so far. Cool stuff! 👍🏼
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Very cool, finally we can have more worlds in the sims4. No more any problems with running out of lots in your favorite worlds because you can create a copy of them.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    It's a shame that it's only a mod & not actually in the Sims 4. So not fair for us vanilla players. Oh well. :'(
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I would use this to create the additional districts based on Del Sol Valley and Magnolia Promenade.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    The first thing I’ll do once it’s stable is make a copy of Newcrest and move all my current Newcrest’s community lots there so I have more room for houses. Then, when the template creator’s finished, I’ll probably have a go at recreating all the TS2 worlds.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    My question here though is will this give people who use it the ability to add more lots/expand the playable area of the neighborhood? Or is this just a way to redecorate the set dressing...

Because if it'll give the ability for more playable space, then awesome!! But if it's just to basically redecorate a town, I don't know how I feel about it... Especially since the TOOL mod already gives the ability to add items around town.

Just wish EAxis would give us the ability to create our own worlds already 😩
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2021
    lexibee wrote: »
    My question here though is will this give people who use it the ability to add more lots/expand the playable area of the neighborhood? Or is this just a way to redecorate the set dressing...

Because if it'll give the ability for more playable space, then awesome!! But if it's just to basically redecorate a town, I don't know how I feel about it... Especially since the TOOL mod already gives the ability to add items around town.

You are supposed to be able to copy and edit worlds with this. I'm not sure how well it will work, I can image that this could maybe increase your save file by a lot.

When I tried to copy worlds with Zerbu's mod I ran into the same problem as he did where the game got households and lots confused, but I guess TwistedMexi managed to find a way.

Also, TOOL likes to break a lot with patches, I assumes that if this breaks with a patch then your save will probably be corrupted.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    Personally find creating whole worlds bit too big of a task for me as I never really did it in ts3 and very rarely in ts2

usually i just used those tools to slightly adjust something

but i do wish we could have at least the adding and removing objects off lot part in the game itself with couple empty template worlds it'd be so handy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Im really excited for the potential of this. Id love to be able to do historical play but all the modern set dressing you cant get rid of makes it hard. I wonder if we will be able to delete the fake car FX and roads.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Paralee wrote: »
    Im really excited for the potential of this. Id love to be able to do historical play but all the modern set dressing you cant get rid of makes it hard. I wonder if we will be able to delete the fake car FX and roads.

Deleting the cars and roads would be awesome!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Looks interesting I wish this was official I'd delete every premade world and make them all my own. I need more details like can you only build off worlds we have or is there new templates I need a world like Del Sol Valley but with an actual beach and mountains like Mt. Komorebi its all I want.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    logion wrote: »
    lexibee wrote: »

You are supposed to be able to copy and edit worlds with this. I'm not sure how well it will work, I can image that this could maybe increase your save file by a lot.

When I tried to copy worlds with Zerbu's mod I ran into the same problem as he did where the game got households and lots confused, but I guess TwistedMexi managed to find a way.

Also, TOOL likes to break a lot with patches, I assumes that if this breaks with a patch then your save will probably be corrupted.
    If a mod breaks in a patch, best to remove it until an updated version is released. Also good to repair game and clear caches when that happens as well in general when patches are released whether someone uses mods or not. Old saves tend to corrupt more than new ones according to QA, but just maintaining the game with this I haven't run into too many issues and bugs I come across tend to be the common ones like the gardening bug.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Or you could switch to offline mode for a while, then patch after all your mods have been updated (as long as you don’t have automatic updates enabled). That’s what I do, so my custom worlds breaking won’t be much of an issue for me, apart from not being able to buy new packs or use the gallery for a bit longer.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Would be super cool getting a couple new versions of existing worlds - it would mean more lots and more places to go. I don't mind the lot layout being the same. Might DL some other simmer's work though, too lazy doing all those adjustments myself. Had tons of fun with TS3 Create A World, and occasionally spent more time with that tool than playing the actual game - not risking that again :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • I currently don't have any mods or CC installed, but I'm very interested in this one. The lack of available lots is distressing when you're trying to do a Royal Kingdom challenge.