Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which neighborhood do you like the best?

GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
Like everyone, I'm always excited to try new worlds, however, once the novelty wears off, I always find myself returning to either Windenburg or San Myshuno. In particular, the country side, Windslar, because of how spacious it is, and the spice district, which feels the most alive to me, especially during the spice festival.

Anyhow, I'm curious what neighborhoods you've enjoyed the most.

Edit: grammar
Post edited by GreenTurtle on

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2021
    I feel the same! Always excited for a new world but find myself returning to old ones. And I learned recently that for me it's all about the lot placement. My favorite places are the ones where the lots sit in a circle. So like I can't think of all the names right now, but oasis springs is a good example. I HATE deserts in real life or in game. But it has Excellent lot placements. And where I'm living now is newcrest and willowcreek. Love the close knit lot placements and size variety.
    I want to love evergreen harbor so bad. Love the trashy industrial vibe but absolutely hate the spaced out lots.
    Can't live in mt komorebi hate the lots. I had to use for vacation.

Close knit lots allow me not only to keep all my friends and family close together but create a themed world. Like I was able to get newcrest to look cyberpunk because the 5 lots sit in a circle. So my sim in any of those lots can only see the cyberpunk builds all around. Really helps create that illusion. I should get a few pics.

The older worlds tend to have better lots. Sulani has good placements too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Sulani, HoB , BB and OS
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Anywhere with suburban streets you can remake in your own image, willow creek and oasis springs are the best for this, although I do also like the island in Windenburg. I would love if they expanded Del sol valley.

I would build more in strangerville as it has a perfect suburban strip, except each lot has an awkwardly placed drive way.. it kinda limits the lots you can build.

I dislike the neighbourhoods that are just vast for no reason. Does anyone really go “exploring”?
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have a single favorite, but many of my sims end up residing on some coast or other, or near one. If I could (without mods), a number of them would live in the jungle.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sulani is my favourite.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    These days Henford on Bagley is my favorite. But I like most other worlds especially the desert ones, sixam, san myshuno, glimmer brook, sulani, and the one that came with pets. Even Magnolia Promenade.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2021
    The Spice District in San Myshuno is my favorite neighborhood too, I like that sims are walking back and forth and you can see sims ordering food, playing music and playing basketball. It makes the world feel alive.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    San Myshuno spice district is my forever home. It feels the most alive. I also find myself in Del Sol Valley (the “cheap” side) a lot. I also like the Brindleton Bay areas that are near the water.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited September 2021
    That is a good question. Question about the best world would be easier (I'll definately go to Windenburg and San Myshuno).

Hmm...

The neighborhood I like the most... I think it's Arts Quarter and Uptown in San Myshuno. I like the look of the neighborhoods and the food stalls that appear there.
    Though in Windenburg I really like Lykke Centre and The Crumbling Isle. Well, I'll say Von Haunt Estate too due to that beautiful garden and that hedge maze. I'd really like to add food stalls to Lykke Centre though...
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I dislike the neighbourhoods that are just vast for no reason. Does anyone really go “exploring”?
    I don't mind it when they make good use of the space. In Windenburg, the size actually works out because every lot has its own view and feel. The world also makes really good use of heights, so when you're visiting one lot, you won't directly recognize other areas that are lower or higher. I don't think Windenburg is made for exploring, but the fact you can load up any lot and it almost feels like a different game is a big perk in my book.

Another reason pretty much all the lots in Windenburg are useful, is that they're not obstructed by shell-houses. All the buildings in the playable area are made up of playable lots. The only shells are in the background, where you won't notice the lack of detail. In contrast, the lots in Mt. Komorebi are surrounded by them. Sure, it feels more crowded, but it's also very discouraging to build anything out of place and when you stick in one area long enough, the lack of detail really starts to get to you. Mt. Komorebi doesn't entice me to go exploring, either and unlike Windenburg, the space feels kind of useless. I would have rather had 5 lots around a square in a smaller space, like @Babykittyjade mentioned than those awkwardly spread out lots surrounded by useless shells.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    My favorite hoods are actually Selvadorada and Granite Falls. Alas my sims can’t really live there.

I prefer living on an Island away from everybody.

Brindleton Bay : I replaced that museum on Dead Grass Isle with a spooky lighthouse keepers cottage…
    Windenburg: The Crumbling Isle. The Windenburg hood also allows me to build and live in big castles or mansions.
    Henford on Bagley: I love this world as it somehow reminds me of home. It goes well with other towns like Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook and Britechester.

I feel as though all above neighborhoods are in close proximity of each other so to me they’re one big world and the rest is sort of separate from that.

I have tropical saves in which Sulani is the base world and Selvadorada is just around the corner. They compliment each other perfectly and I’d like more tropical worlds to enhance that feeling of ….tropicalness…we need more jungles and tropical isles.

You didn’t ask, but the most disappointing world is Willow Creek, only because of that fake swamp area. It’s the only place I want my sims to live! Probably of all worlds mentioned. 😂
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Windenburg has been my favourite for a long time. I bought Cottae Living a few days ago but haven't delved into it yet because I was working on an existing save and then on the Eco Living trial, but Henford on Bagley looks so pretty at first glance, I think I will love it. I was up far too late last night making sims from a favourite sitcom to play in the village.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    San Myshuno - spice district for me as well.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I was building up Newcrest earlier this year. Every house in Llama Lagoon was owned by my Sim Self and one of his kids. I was liking how the neighbourhood was progressing in the early 80’s I was playing in.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love Selvadorada, Granite Falls, Willow Creek, and the green parts of Mt. Komorebi. Even though I hate deserts in real life, I also love playing in Strangerville and Oasis Springs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Since you specified neighborhoods, my favourite overall would be the Puerto Llamante district in Selvadorada, followed by Myshuno Meadows (the large parks count as a neighborhood each, given they have their own NAP's and space), and the Crumbling Isle.

Puerto Llamante - Being from a similar place of origin, Puerto Llamante just beckons me to come home. If I could live there with my sims, I would, and the quaint, "mountainside village" feel is unmatched. I've gone as far as to remake the lots there into ones the people there can use, with one rental lot where visitors can take part in caring for the land and feel like they live there.

Myshuno Meadows - Having been raised in one, I have a love/hate relationship with cities. City Living brought the best of that type of locale, without the parts that make it improbable I'll ever go back. Myshuno Meadows is the essence of what I'd want in a livable neighborhood (one with more lots), with the little commercial area, patches of nature, waterside views, and communal areas. It reminds me of the best of where I once was, and it's a shame it's just a park by any other name.

Crumbling Isle - Whilst Sulani's miniature islands are the vacationer's idea of seclusion, the Crumbling Isle is the homesteader's. It's the closest one can get to having ones own private island, and unlike Sulani's, it has multiple lots to make of it whatever you wish. A community in seclusion, a tourist attraction, a private island, or even a mix of all three--the possibilities are tantalizing.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I absolutely love San Myshuno, but I also really like Mt. Komorebi, Sulani and basically either of the vacation worlds. I just can’t choose a favourite! They’re all so gorgeous! :D
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I kind of like them all. I would like Del Sol Valley if there were more lots and at least another neighborhood. I do usually like having multiple neighbors in a neighborhood who all kind of grow together or at least add "life" to the world by interacting around the neighborhood.

I play with all of the different climates including the deserts but I tend to restrict characters either to their worlds or to various similar worlds that I think of as interconnected. That or when sims move they keep ties with those they know in other worlds & visit each other but there is always a logical explanation. Since I have a lot of characters and switch around, that's what I do. It's true that now any sim can vacation in any other world, a good thing.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    I often end up in Brindleton Bay for some reason. I think it's got the right mix of urban and country, maybe. And some good shaped lots.
    Lately I've been in Strangerville mostly, since I figured out that I really like the lighting at max infection level and also how it doesn't snow there.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Im sims4 I like Windenburg and san myshuno best too, followed by strangerville. But I like sims3 and sims2.better than anything in sims4 anyway.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    San Myshuno Spice And Fashion District, Willow Creek neighborhood with the BFF household and Forgotten Hollow. I know a lot of people love Brindelton Bay, but every single time I try living there it feels sort of grey and cold, also stone textures like to flicker there on console so I always skip this world. Sometimes I enjoy living in Oasis Spring in places where there is a little bit of grass, but I always end up hating the lack of winter. I like to see changes in seasons so hot worlds are no go unless for vacation. I never tried to live in Windenburg though, I don’t know why lol.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I actually like that all the worlds seem so different. Windenburg has been my favorite so far. But I also like San Myshuno. I wish it had a few more lots so I could add more venues to it. I also really like the look of Silvadorado, wish it was livable. I would have really liked Del Sol Valley if it had some more lots in the down town area, a middle class neighborhood, and some beach lots, it should have been as big as Windenburg. I also like Oasis Springs, it is my Palm Springs and is mostly venues. Strangerville is pretty too with it’s red sand.
    And I love the tree’s in Granite Falls and Glimmerbrook, but Granite Falls is not liveable
    And I would have liked Glimmerbrook better if it had been dirt roads, kind of out in nowhere like the country neighborhoods in HOB.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    It depends on what I'm playing. My faves are Oasis Springs, HOB and, for a complete change of pace, San Myshuno. I like Willow Springs but for some reason it's not my first choice. I've only begun to explore Windenburg and Sulani.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sulani, Selvadorada, Granite Falls and San Myshuno.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It depends on the story and aesthetic that I have in mind when I start a new family & house. I'm currently in love with the CL world (Henford on Bagley? - I have trouble remembering the names of the worlds and neighbourhoods). The Bramblewood is my favourite, but the town is useful for quick trips to the grocers. I do like larger neighbourhoods that have some added features: collectible spawners and plants, the shops in Henford, the hiking trails in Mt Korebi.

I still like Glimmerbrook and Mt Korebi, and I wish we could live in Granite Falls. If I don't care about snow, Oasis Springs is still a favourite.

It's easier to say which ones I don't use. Strangerville not much, because there are few convenient fishing spots (though this is less important now that we can build our own ponds). I like Sulani, but I don't like most of the lots for building, and the university world (name?) only has one tiny buildable lot. Same with San Myoshuno - I've only used that once. I don't even visit San Myoshuno. Newburg is rather soulless, and Willow Springs is a bit tired. I don't really care for Evergreen Harbor, though I've played it a bit.
    I just want things to match. :'(