Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more Gameplay Kits

We've only had 1 gameplay kit Bust the dust. Most others have been buy build kits and 1 cas kit.

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Agreed.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    The kits may be too small for major gameplay updates? I personally am not a fan of kits anyway, I prefer to get more gameplay or build items if I am spending money, but to each their own.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I agree in theory, but I really don't like how bust the dust was done, so I skipped that kit and wouldn't install it if it were gifted to me. Gameplay objects might need more attention and care than can come in a kit.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    We really need more venues to add gameplay to the different worlds. Game arcades...laundromats..tennis courts...cinemas....amusement parks...even multi-purpose community lots(like in sims 1) would add more gameplay. I feel like EA/Maxis is paying TOO much attention to fashion and ignoring what people really want.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I agree, Cat.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2021
    Agreed!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    We need fewer kits, and more game packs, and expansion packs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yes! IMO most of the kits should be gameplay themed, since that's what separates kits from custom content, and it would actually make them worth the price.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    100% agree. I love Bust the dust kit and I wish we got more!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    edited September 2021
    We've only had 1 gameplay kit Bust the dust. Most others have been buy build kits and 1 cas kit.

I wish we have more gameplay kits .Kit is a great tool to get bite-size additional game play.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've no plans to buy any of the kits at present. Some have items I like but I don't feel I "need" them. There is so much build/buy and CAS content already in the game I just don't feel the need to buy any of the kits. I might change my mind if a historical kit came out relating to an era I like, but I think it's unlikely.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited September 2021
    It all reminds me of Sims 3 store options. Some were CAS sets, some were BB, some were venues, some were worlds, and some were themes, with some of the venues, worlds and themes and random items adding gameplay. I remember being really excited to get the Sun, Sand and Surf set because of the surf machine. Roaring Heights ticked all of my Art Deco boxes, and I Heart The Fifties was totally gone, man! I didn’t mind paying a bit for items that allowed me to customize my game beyond the EP content. I didn’t buy all of the store content because it didn’t all apply to my game or play style, and that was okay. I hope kits are a start toward providing more individualized game experience, including CAS/BB, Venues, Worlds and, yes, gameplay.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    We need more GPs and EPs for more well rounded gameplay. Bust the Dust killed my desire for wanting gameplay in kits that just end up getting nerfed and breaking. So no thank you. I rather have gameplay for all ages equally instead.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    This is just proof that we didn't need kits in the first place. CAS and BB are things you see in every pack, always. The Country Kitchen kit is basically a leftover from Country Living.

You know what would have made a Kit Pack? Manicures. Mercifully the Devs were allowed to put them in the Spa Day update. So I say the LESS Kit Packs we get, the better.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I think we need less kits and more ep's.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Somebody mentioned worlds/new maps from the sims 3 store? I would so be down for new maps via kits. They could be empty newcrest style and I would be happy.

That being said I do agree kits are a let down, and fashion seems to be the main focus of most content released. And like the kits are not even well rounded fashion packs, where are the accessories, hairs, beards?

It’s so obvious nobody working on this game actually plays it, which tbh has always been it’s main problem.