Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French Tip Nails <3 (Please redownload after 30/11 update)

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Oh these are beautiful! They look so pretty and natural, what a great job you did! It was very kind of you to share them with everyone. :smile:
    I don't use CC (console player) but if I did, I'd be using these!

aww thank you very much, what a pitty that console players can't use cc that is made from maxis items and an existing game mesh. They should try and include you guys with atleast that, I can understand completely custom meshes not working, but surely just recolours of existing game items should be ok. Well lets hope that happens in the future for you guys <3 Happy simming :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Are these CAS only, or do they also work with the Spa Day chair?
    edited September 2021
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Are these CAS only, or do they also work with the Spa Day chair?

They are cas only. For me to make them work with the spa day chair I would have to make a default replacement. I suppose I could just change the pink ones to french tips then it should work, but I mostly use the cas nails as they last forever. If you want too I could have a go at it, I mostly make baby clothes, but I do like experimenting in sims 4 studio :)

edit to add ...
    Let me call up my package and have a peek if there is another way. Will be back in a bit ;)
    @IceyJ I am busy trying to make a new default, googling for advice so might be a while, I could not edit the existing one ;)
    I did it :) I managed to make a default replacing only the pink in the shorter nails and it will place the french tips on your sim's nails :D

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7bcrszrilbyfd76/default+french+tip.package/file

So when you go to get your manicure you select the pink from the shorter nails option that I highlighted in red ;)
    FFon4L4.png

and wolla <3
    k1VHPGF.png
    Just a note, you don't have to use both if you download the default one I made, but they both do work if you want to keep both. I personally only use the default one, just let me know if you would like a screenshot in cas of the one that must be selected to get your French tips <3 Happy simming everyone :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    This Spa Day refresh is making me actually want to buy the pack!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I was thinking of this the other day and wow nice job on them. Would be neat to have French tip in all the colors too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @mcrudd Thank you so much!
    This Spa Day refresh is making me actually want to buy the pack!

It was a very generous refresh and definitely made the pack more exciting :)
    Scobre wrote: »
    I was thinking of this the other day and wow nice job on them. Would be neat to have French tip in all the colors too.

Thank you very much :) Do you mean little white tips on all the available nail colours, or would that be different colour tips on different coloured nails ? I have only ever known the pinkish with white all my life.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @mcrudd Thank you so much!

Its a huge pleasure :) Happy simming
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Thank you so much mcrudd. I was disappointed too when I didn't see such an option. This so kind of you. Again, thanks.
    Thank you so much mcrudd. I was disappointed too when I didn't see such an option. This so kind of you. Again, thanks.

It is a huge pleasure :) Happy simming <3
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Daravi wrote: »
    Thank you for making the French Tip nails. I felt the same disappointment about the missing of them, it was also my first look. I couldn't believe they weren't included. I hope the Maxis-devs had just forgot them, otherwise I would be very disappointed about that decision.
    I think they aren't that popular anymore. I'm not in the US, so I don't really know but I never see that type of manicure on people in their 20s or even early 30s. It's still pretty, though.

Since I don't wear long nails I can't say what's popular right either. I bare see long nails in my surroundings. I remember the late 1990/early 2000 where I've read in these fashion style magazines that's the nail fashion you have to go when you want to look like the real rich people who don't need to brag with their money. As far as I remember they are a bit complicated to made if they are made correctly.

The new nails are looking really impractical, they wouldn't last a day on mine and it would makes me crazy very fast. :D
    And I can't help, people who wear those long nails, they remember me to the old cliché of the lazy secretary who made her nails during the work instead of doing her job.
    @Daravi I do not understand super long nails either, the longest mine has been is the length of the french tips I made. I find any longer then I can't do housework or even do something as simple as type on my laptop. However I have seen people actually do it, no idea how but they manage LOL. But I am a super duper down to earth jeans and tshirt type person so the fanciest I ever go is french tips for a wedding ;)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    They are great, thanks! I used to have a CC like this and they are so classy, and even when not being very focused on nails at all, I had to grab them :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    They are great, thanks! I used to have a CC like this and they are so classy, and even when not being very focused on nails at all, I had to grab them :)

Aww glad you like them <3 Happy simming :)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I was disappointed not to see French tips as well. It’s a classic.
    I don’t use the longer nails much, they look like claws to me. They’re perfect for my vampires though!
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I LOVE this. Call me old, but I am the same. Prefer the classic looks. Would it be possible for you to make the slightly longer version also have the french tip as a cas cc like the first short one you did? No pressure. I hope I am allowed to ask that. I just don't know how to. But this is amazing.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I was disappointed not to see French tips as well. It’s a classic.
    I don’t use the longer nails much, they look like claws to me. They’re perfect for my vampires though!

Definitely work for our vampires, but not for my 100 baby mom holding her babies LOL. I was super surprised it was not there.
    I LOVE this. Call me old, but I am the same. Prefer the classic looks. Would it be possible for you to make the slightly longer version also have the french tip as a cas cc like the first short one you did? No pressure. I hope I am allowed to ask that. I just don't know how to. But this is amazing.

I will load up my sims 4 studio now and have a look for you :)
    > @mcrudd said:
    > I will load up my sims 4 studio now and have a look for you :)

You are soooo awesome. Thank you.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    > @mcrudd said:
    > I will load up my sims 4 studio now and have a look for you :)

You are soooo awesome. Thank you.

Is it possible for you to look at this screenshot and tell me which nail it is you would like to be a french tip?
    E63fxjH.png

It does not look like it will be base game as they are the ones I did and shorter.
    > @mcrudd said:
    > Is it possible for you to look at this screenshot and tell me which nail it is you would like to be a french tip?
    >
    >
    >
    > It does not look like it will be base game as they are the ones I did and shorter.

Hmmm, I think 8. That looks slightly longer but not really pointy. I assume the green box is the one you already did right?
    > @mcrudd said:
    > Is it possible for you to look at this screenshot and tell me which nail it is you would like to be a french tip?
    >
    >
    >
    > It does not look like it will be base game as they are the ones I did and shorter.

Hmmm, I think 8. That looks slightly longer but not really pointy. I assume the green box is the one you already did right?

yes the green box is the ones I have in this thread :) I will load up number 8 in sims 4 studio now :)

@Chaotic_Moira This is what I have so far, do you think the tips are a bit too white, would you like me to darken them a bit?
    PIgbY3K.png
    edited September 2021
    This is an in game pic @Chaotic_Moira ;)
    The pinky is clipping into the orange juice glass

00t7pIJ.png