Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Vacation Destinations please !

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

The different countries of our world are good as Home Worlds for the sims, so it's difficult to imagine new vacation destinations.
But Batuu is a perfect example of what it could be, a kind of mini games with new rules.

Time Travel isn't possible but the sims could pretend to be peasant or a lord in a Medieval destination for a weekend.

So the Vacation Destinations could be the fantasy worlds :
  • Tomb Raider (Selvadorada)
  • Star Wars (Batuu)
  • History :
    • Medieval
    • Ancient Egypt
    • Ancient Greece
  • Alice's Wonderland
  • Father Winter's Toy Factory
  • Netsphere Virtual world
  • Lunar Lakes Colony

All the unusual stuff that couldn't match to the everyday life, a kind of theme park.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    How about vacation worlds we can live in?👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member
    I would like Granite Falls and Selvadorada to live in.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don't want destination only worlds I want every single world in ts4 to be residential one.

regardless of theme and size.
    I don't care if it makes sense my sims live in a freaking tomb thats my decision as player

I also don't care if my sims time travelled they should be able to have home in their new time period.

+it already kills me sims can't live in selvadorada and granite falls and it will surely annoy me even if i one day decide to get batuu
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I feel like the options they gave us is better. We can now make ANY world a vacation world with rental lots. And we have the option to live there.
    Now I would love to see more exotic vacation type of worlds but still have the option to live there.
    I don't see why the exotic interesting locations has to be visit only.....
    Still waiting for them to allow us to live in those two destination worlds I barely use but desperately want to.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I'll politely disagree that EVERY vacation world should be livable.
    For example: I would love to see another "amusement park" vacation world (with rides and attractions) and can't imagine such a world being livable.

A better option would be for them to create a second blank world for Selvadorada and Granite Falls. (maybe as part of refreshes for those game packs?)

I think there's more possibilities with that sort of option, too. As it stands, even some of the existing residential / home worlds could use blank map versions that go with them. (Del Sol Valley and Sulani both come to mind.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited September 2021
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    For example: I would love to see another "amusement park" vacation world (with rides and attractions) and can't imagine such a world being livable.

Well I can. Magic Town in Makin' Magic was liveable world.
    and also it would be absolutely perfect place to live for my fun loving occults
    so I would be flaming with anger if they made it only destination

like why should my clowns have to live in some boring newcrest or something let them have a home
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    ghamrick75 wrote: »

A better option would be for them to create a second blank world for Selvadorada and Granite Falls. (maybe as part of refreshes for those game packs?)

I think there's more possibilities with that sort of option, too. As it stands, even some of the existing residential / home worlds could use blank map versions that go with them. (Del Sol Valley and Sulani both come to mind.)

The only difference between a vacation and regular world is the number of rentals. It's very easy to turn any regular world into a vacation world by adding a rental lot to it. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to turn Granite Falls and Selvadorada into regular worlds and still keep the option to vacation on them by keeping one rental lot available.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don't want more destination worlds unless they're meant to be highly restricted (like Batuu). But I'd prefer that type to be extremely rare, if we ever get another one at all. Residential worlds are already apparently now limited to smaller rather than roomy ones, so I'd really like to see most resources for world-building go toward worlds that allow editable lots of any type we-the-players want. That should, of course, include rentals. I'd also love to see Granite Falls and Selvadorada (especially the latter; it's one of my favorite in-game places) be refreshed to allow one or more buildable/buyable residential lots.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SoftballChick_88SoftballChick_88 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Cleo60 said:
    > I would like Granite Falls and Selvadorada to live in.

Omg yea I would love to live in those worlds especially Selvadorada
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I would like destination worlds to be both. Mostly vacation, with some permanent residential lots. I like the vacation worlds to feel mostly like a vacation world My favorite way to use them is for honeymoon vacations and of course family vacations. In real life we have people we call snow birds. Retired folks who live in campers and migrate where the nicer weather is, depending on the current season. So, I would like to see some Campers added. People also live where you consider vacation. So, I think it makes sense to have some local residents for immersion.

I would like to get a little more out of the vacation world experience. You don't just want to relax. You wanna have fun and participate in activities. I love Outdoor Retreat. But, it feels like it needs a little more oomph. What do you think?