Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which seasons-related expansion pack do you like to play most?

Which seasons-related expansion pack do you like to play most? 67 votes

The Sims 2 Seasons
14%
DarkLady2788waterywatermelonsnoepjes1210jazzunicornsEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeEricasFreePlayWarGreymon77ImagebearIamJ 10 votes
The Sims 3 Seasons
32%
Stdlr9rudy8292Isb917g01denswanairotciv54zagboorulesbenson2006mariajane216LatinaBunnytexxx78BreazonaRedShoe7ValeahChicklet453681BrandontaylorSERVERFRAPreCiiousSimmingalSimSpockVsophennessy 22 votes
The Sims 4 Seasons
52%
LeGardePourprePlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CCaitxcathaneulAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010luthienrisingbarracuda1574BariSaxytaydevduhboy2u2emereTeeSeaBabykittyjadeChampandGirlieOnverserAngelEb95KyreRoen 35 votes

Comments

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    The Sims 2 Seasons
    Gee... this is hard one for me, because I like all of them.

But I'll choose The Sims 2 Seasons, because I like how the seasons/weather are well integrated into gardening.
    But then, The Sims 3 Seasons has seasonal festivals and holidays, and The Sims 4 has the holiday and calendar system in which you can make custom holidays like Chinese New Year.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I'm loving the calendar system in TS4!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims 2 Seasons
    TS2 version, primarily for;
    We can control which worlds get which seasons
    Snowfall actually has depth to it
    Sims automatically change into/out of outdoor attire at the doorway when leaving/entering a home. Unplayed ones are by default in outdoor attire when the weather warrants it. The winter simacide so prevalent in 4 does not happen.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    Sims 3 Seasons actually had Seasonal Fun Festivals like the Apple Bobbing Contest, Hey Rides, Igoloos,
    Ice Skating on a frozen pond, Ice Fishing, Kissing Booths, etc, etc.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I never played TS3, so I can't judge that game's Seasons EP, but I like the way seasons were handled in 4, with customisable lenghts and holidays, individual climates for different worlds, and of course the calendar feature. The one thing that would have made the pack even better for me is an eternal winter world, or the ability to create our own by editing the climates of individual worlds and/or neighbourhoods, as it was possible in 2.

Something else I miss from TS2 Seasons is the way the seasons directly affected sims. If I remember correctly, they would build skills faster in autumn, whereas winter, spring, and summer boosted family, romantic, and platonic relationships, respectively. Other than that, however, I don't remember anything special about that expansion that I want back.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2021
    Can't chose between caramel and chocolate lol!

Every seasons packs has something I love about them; be it the different boosts to different activities in the 2, the festivals and that one recreation day/season in TS3, or the calendar and the possibility to create an event in TS4, as well as their canon celebration days.

So all three :)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    The Sims 3 seasons. Imo still the superior one.

Sure, Sims 4 has the calendar holidays etc, but when it comes to the realism of the weather (weather changes, seasonal changes, weather effects etc.) Sims 3's version is for sure also still superior.

I love the Seasons EP's, but I think also with the Sims 4 version they failed to deliver when it comes to weather.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    The calendar is a great idea.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I can't choose because I love them all! I like the controls in Sims 2 with the seasons as I played rotationally and wanted the same season throughout my rotation. As time didn't change for families I wasn't playing, I could rotate them all, enjoy the current season and holidays for each. With Sims 3 I mainly played one family but enjoyed the seasons, holidays and especially the festivals for each season with my Sims. If I rotated families I kept story progression off and played each through a year. In Sims 4 I love the ability to make my own holidays on the calendar and the changes in the world with each season. I like that gardening is affected by seasons as well.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited September 2021
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    Gotta say sims 4 since the Holiday feature and calender has added so much to my game!

Also love the addition of the gardener career with a branch being florist as well as the skill of flower arranging.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Seasons in TS3 made my game buggy on my old computer, so I frequently had to turn it off. I did love the festivals, though. I also liked being able to customize the length of each season, individually. With TS4, I like that each world has very well defined weather patterns. No need to turn off snow if you’re playing in Sulani. And, I do like the holidays and calendar.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    Just because it’s the only one I’ve played.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I can only compare 2 and 4 and out of them I prefer 4. The weather being unique to each world, the ability to customise the weather and to turn temperature effects on Sims off. Being able to make my own holidays, plan events and delete the ones I don't want to do.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims 4 Seasons
    I'm very opinionated on Seasons Expansion Packs, so of course I have to answer this one!

My answer is The Sims 4. I'm not a big fan of The Sims 4 itself and definitely think it is the weakest entry, so understand I did not choose this answer lightly!

First of all, in terms of gameplay, the customizable holiday calender is really great. Now I do have my qualms with the way the holidays themselves are done (I wish it was less task-based), but the freedom to control which holidays you have and be able to create more is great.

In terms of aesthetics, I think that - lack of snow depth aside - The Sims 4 Seasons wins by a wide margin. It's because the developers finally put their time and effort to change so much more about the environment than in previous games. The Sims 3, despite improving so many things over The Sims 2 Seasons (gradual seasons and really neat fog effects and the like), disappointed me deeply (in TS2, I was so amazed they did Seasons that I was more forgiving). Sure TS2 and TS3 have snow depth. Pretty major point in their favor... but can we talk about winter without snow? Because the difference there is MASSIVE. The Sims 4's winters look like winter, even without the snow, because the entire environment changes for the seasons, as it should. Not just the trees, but also the smaller plants, the flowers, the grasses, the terrain's grass.

I can not even possibly describe how big of a difference this makes aesthetically. It's immense. It's so much so that it overpowers the lack of snow depth, which is pretty unforgivable. To go back to The Sims 3 with its eternally green grass and flowery bushes is jarring. I hate that, because I love The Sims 3. I wish it were possible to mod all of this into TS3, but it is super complicated. =(
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    I like the calendar in 4 and the fact that we can customize our own holydays, but in 3 i can customize the lenght of the seasons separatelly. I can have a huge spring and a very small fall or anything i want. I also love the seasonal festivals.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The Sims 2 Seasons
    I loved Sims 2 Seasons for all of the little details during the different seasons.

There were boosts to relationships (depends on the season), and skill building (fall was the fastest). Sims will sometimes automatically change into/out of outer wear in the fall and winter when entering and leaving a building. In the summer, you could actually see them wiping sweat off their foreheads when they got too hot. They will also groan at the summer heat when leaving a building.

When it rained in the spring, they would look up and lift their hands up to feel the rain falling down. There were hail storms (these can be deadly if Sims are left out in a hail storm too long). When it snowed, you could see it piling up and Sims could easily freeze (I had this happen to a Sim accidentally). Wind was also very loud during a storm.

This pack had the most detail in my opinion which added a lot to the game. I still enjoy it when I play on Origin where I have the Ultimate Collection.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    Sims 3 Seasons cause

+ More seasonal activities and Season festivals (playing football in summer, kissing booth in spring, Haunted House in fall, Snowboarding in Winter)
    If you want to snowboard in the sims 4 you need an extra DLC
    + Suntanning and lounging came with Seasons - In the Sims 4 you need yet another DLC
    + Fog and Hail as weather effects
    + No annoying hot or cold weather outfit that make every townie look strange.
    + Kids that could actually go trick or treating
    + Customizable Weather length
    + Sims can actually Skate together. Do spins together. They can also ice skate on ponds and the pond would freeze.
    + There were still holiday party events such as christmas, custome partys and etc. Like lets face it i dont use a lot of the traditions in the sims 4 and we dont really get new ones.

We cant count the Calender Feature because thats been made Base Game. Its an Interface.

But yeah Sims 4 Seasons is also a good pack in the Sims 4 Realm.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    There are a lot of really fun things in Sims 3 Seasons. However, leaf raking is intolerable without NRaas Retuner.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    I always loved the Seasons packs in all of them, so it was really hard to choose one! πŸ™‚

I absolutely loved the Sims 4 Seasons and the holidays aspects (and cross-over with some packs), but Sims 3 had some more content from the get go.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    The Sims 3 Seasons
    Never would have thought I vote ts3 on anything considering it is my least favourite iteration

BUT

I really did enjoy exploring the world during different seasons and weather and it was very pretty

well aside from that hideous full moon filter that made everything So SHINYYY *cue that annoying song from moana*

oh and i also liked carving pumpkins on the floor and stealing some from the park and couples skating and eating pies looking like zombie and kissing booths and apples and... stuff.

I do have fond memories from ts2 as well tho but its been a long time since i played it to really recall i did really love plantsims tho that i think were with seasons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free